Mini 474 - Bergamo Bump-Off (Game Over!)

VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:11 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Again I'd like to appologise for the lurking, if you can call it that! Anyway, this may seem scummy but I agree with Plessiez in that if we think we've found scum we should try and find their partners and pressure them before we lynch. At least then we would have something else to do on day 2 and beyond!

Plessiez- Are my answers to your questions satisfying for you? 8)

6th Official Vote Count of Day 1

Hyphen-ated - 1 (Plessiez)
somestrangeflea - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
death_omen - 3 (Khelvaster, vampyrusddg, somestrangeflea)

Not Voting:
- 7 (death_omen, DeathSauce, Hjallti, Hyphen-ated, Malchonn, Muerrto, VampaneseHunter)

7 to Lynch
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Plessiez wrote:d As soon as we say "death_omen is definitely today's lynch", as you want us to say, we lose all ability to pressure other people and to gain information.
We pressure them tomorrow. Much can be gained from looking at the NK and the lynch outcome.
If you're calling for players to be replaced, you should want their replacements to be able to speak up
before
we go to night, surely?
Since I see Death Omen as definitely being todays lynch, barring a flat-out scumclaim from someone else, the replacement could speak up tomorrow without any problems.
And if you're truly convinced death_omen is scum, you should be trying to find his partners: and putting pressure on people
today
is going to find any partners faster than waiting until tomorrow to look (with the added bonus that if death_omen is in fact not scum, you might still unearth some real scum today while looking for his non-existent 'partners').
Wow...this looks utterly wrong. It saves time to lynch Death Omen now, and look for partners tomorrow. That way, if he is town, we can immediately jump on some other leads. More information means more accurate investigations. It would be a waste to do anything d1 when we can lynch Death Omen, look at the night kill, and use that information on d2.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Khelvaster wrote:Wow...this looks utterly wrong. It saves time to lynch Death Omen now, and look for partners tomorrow. That way, if he is town, we can immediately jump on some other leads. More information means more accurate investigations. It would be a waste to do anything d1 when we can lynch Death Omen, look at the night kill, and use that information on d2.
If we lynch death_omen too quickly, we won't
have
any other leads to go on. You seem to be trying to rush the day, which is very rarely good for the town.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:57 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Muerrto wrote: And now for questions for Pless:

First off, bout time someone posted some content. I wanted to ask you earlier but didn't wanna be seen as buddying up. You're the oldest player here by join date alone so good to finally hear from you.
:
My question is what is your straight opinion of me ignoring my content?
And finally, what is your MO? Everyone's got one. So far it seems very logic oriented, watching how people respond, questioning it, getting them to clarify each line. Good approach and it seemed to get some interesting answers from Flea.

This whole exchange BOTHERS me. It all seems like a suck-up on a grand scale. "Oh Plessiez, you are so wise, what do you think of my play? You are so logic oriented and play with such skill!"

I honestly do not ever recall seeing another post like this one on this board. Why are you concerned with what Plessiez thinks about you? Why are you eager to promote him as an authority?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Muerrto »

Khelvaster wrote:Wow...this looks utterly wrong. It saves time to lynch Death Omen now, and look for partners tomorrow. That way, if he is town, we can immediately jump on some other leads. More information means more accurate investigations. It would be a waste to do anything d1 when we can lynch Death Omen, look at the night kill, and use that information on d2.
Um...save time? Are we in a hurry? This is just a horrible post. Absolutely. Why would we want to speed lynch, possibly accidently get a townie, then start over from scratch day 2? The longer day 1 lasts the more info we get, the more links we get, the better off we are day 2, ESPECIALLY if we get a townie lynched day 1. I'm sorry but there's no other choice but:

STRONG FoS: Khev

You've been gunning WAY too hard for Omen. Do I think he's scum? Yes. But rushing day 1 is a scum move too. Town wants day 1 to last as long as possible so that we have a library of posts to turn to on day 2 for info.

Why would you want to rush especially after even saying Omen
might
be town and we'll talk about that day 2? And lynching before a replacement speaks up and saying he can talk day 2 also? So what you want to do instead of playing a 12 man w/3-4 scum is play a 10 man w/3-4 scum if Omen turns up town? Ouch. Why?

Also keep in mind that since alot of people DO think Omen is scum we can watch for some heavy distancing before he's lynched. Which you're actually appearing to do at the moment. Not saying you're scum, just saying slow your roll. If Omen comes up town your shouting for a speed lynch is gonna get you strung up day 2 and if you ARE town then we'll be at a HUGE disadvantage day 3.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Muerrto »

DeathSauce wrote:This whole exchange BOTHERS me. It all seems like a suck-up on a grand scale. "Oh Plessiez, you are so wise, what do you think of my play? You are so logic oriented and play with such skill!"

I honestly do not ever recall seeing another post like this one on this board. Why are you concerned with what Plessiez thinks about you? Why are you eager to promote him as an authority?

Lol he's got the same playstyle as me so I relate to him more. How is that sucking up? I said the same thing to Vamp earlier and you didn't comment on it. Vamp also uses logic to find scum instead of just randomly throwing your vote around.

Almost everyone in this game is all about speed lynch, vote like crazy, change my vote then vote again. Of COURSE I'm going to click more with people that share my playstyle. He even responded saying he does the whole interrogation thing as well.

He's also the oldest player according to his join date so I expected the most experience out of him. I already know Vamp and Malchonn so I know they're great players. So far what I've seen of the rest of the crew didn't instill me w/too much confidence in finding the scum so I thought I'd see if Pless would be different. No offense meant just going by what I've seen so far.

Besides I already 'sucked up' to you also. I said I was watching you and that I got the feeling you were crafty which would be dangerous on the scum side and good on the town side. You didn't have a problem w/me 'sucking up' to you also? And if I remember correctly you also 'sucked up' to me, you said you were also watching me because I seemed crafty.

So I'm gonna need more explanation why that post bothered you or an 'oops I didn't think of it that way'. You've been kind of streching for suspiscion on me for a while now and I'd like to know why.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:41 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Muerrto wrote: Um...save time? Are we in a hurry? This is just a horrible post. Absolutely. Why would we want to speed lynch, possibly accidently get a townie, then start over from scratch day 2? The longer day 1 lasts the more info we get, the more links we get, the better off we are day 2, ESPECIALLY if we get a townie lynched day 1.
It wastes time and effort if we go investigating links where none exist. More information is available d2 than d1. We can do all the investigation you want to do on d1 on d2 instead, except we will be missing a scum and a townie on d2. I'd much rather be playing with 1 less scum and 1 less townie.
You've been gunning WAY too hard for Omen. Do I think he's scum? Yes. But rushing day 1 is a scum move too. Town wants day 1 to last as long as possible so that we have a library of posts to turn to on day 2 for info.
Better to make a large library d2 with less people who can confuse us. Do you understand what I'm saying? You speedlynch scum d1, then d2 it is easier to find remaining scum. No logical scum will defend Death Omen at this point, so now all this talking can be done d2, except one townie will be dead. The dead townie means one less person we suspect as scum.
Why would you want to rush especially after even saying Omen
might
be town and we'll talk about that day 2?
There is always a possiblitiy I could be wrong. For all I know, Omen
could
be a doc. However, the chances are overwhelmingly that he is scum.
And lynching before a replacement speaks up and saying he can talk day 2 also? So what you want to do instead of playing a 12 man w/3-4 scum is play a 10 man w/3-4 scum if Omen turns up town? Ouch. Why?
Because the chance that Omen is scum is so high, I feel that lynching him now would be a good idea. If I were less sure, I wouldn't want to lynch Omen so quickly. It's just that with all his posts, he has made himself scummier in this game to me than anyone else I have ever seen in my 6 games on mafiascum, with the possible exception of Battle Mage.
Also keep in mind that since alot of people DO think Omen is scum we can watch for some heavy distancing before he's lynched. Which you're actually appearing to do at the moment. Not saying you're scum, just saying slow your roll. If Omen comes up town your shouting for a speed lynch is gonna get you strung up day 2 and if you ARE town then we'll be at a HUGE disadvantage day 3.
IGMEOY: Muerrto

You are being too nice for the way I've been acting :P. Seriously though, that advice, while very good, makes it seem like you already know I'm not scum...Still, this is tenuous at best, so I am not pursuing you further atm. Death Omen is still much worse in my eyes.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:47 am

Longer day 1s let us come back during day 2 to examine connections between the lynched, NKed, and the living. If we lynch quickly day 1, we have less day 1 posts with which to make these connections.

Sure, the thread is more "concentrated" when there are fewer players, but we still won't have any information!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Muerrto »

Khelvaster wrote:It wastes time and effort if we go investigating links where none exist. More information is available d2 than d1. We can do all the investigation you want to do on d1 on d2 instead, except we will be missing a scum and a townie on d2. I'd much rather be playing with 1 less scum and 1 less townie.
Um WTF. ONLY if we lynch scum. If Omen's town we get 2 less townies day 2. Would you much rather be playing with 2 less townies? You're completely ignoring the chance that Omen could be town just like you did way back on page 3.
Khelvaster wrote:Better to make a large library d2 with less people who can confuse us. Do you understand what I'm saying? You speedlynch scum d1, then d2 it is easier to find remaining scum. No logical scum will defend Death Omen at this point, so now all this talking can be done d2, except one townie will be dead. The dead townie means one less person we suspect as scum.
See above please.
Khelvaster wrote:You are being too nice for the way I've been acting :P. Seriously though, that advice, while very good, makes it seem like you already know I'm not scum...Still, this is tenuous at best, so I am not pursuing you further atm. Death Omen is still much worse in my eyes.
I don't know. I said I don't think you are. You came off to me early and still do as an over anxious townie. Now if you continue to rush a lynch and Omen is town that may change. I also think Omen is scum which is why I'm not pursuing you, but I'm not 100% convinced like you are. It's dangerous to be that sure.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:25 am

Post by death_omen »

Ok now that 75% of the people in this game think I'm scum are assured to lynch me out.

To the town
If i am town aligned PLEASE make sure Khelvaster is lynched tomorrow.

Ok now to start defending myself again... Khelvaster you seem to be so sure of my mafia allignment you overlook things very easily. You also fail to look and both sides of the story, he does not even care about what I say ever since Post 100 all his posts have been directed against me without much reason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again things or people do not always appear and what they seem. I am
100% town alligned
as you will soon find out if you continue down the path that Khelvaster has sprung out of nowhere.

There is also a lot of lurking going on by people who just want to see me out of this game, hypenated has just stopped posting completely so has vampsdurgg.

I hope the townies in this game saw that little hint of mine.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Khelvaster »

yikes...way to flail out there. Instead of quoting my arguments and defending yourself from them, you lash out with generalizations.

Nobody vote Death Omen to -1, in case he hammers himself. We should probably get a go from muerrto and plezzio before proceeding with the lynch.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:54 am

Post by death_omen »

Khelvaster wrote:yikes...way to flail out there. Instead of quoting my arguments and defending yourself from them, you lash out with generalizations.

Nobody vote Death Omen to -1, in case he hammers himself. We should probably get a go from muerrto and plezzio before proceeding with the lynch.
I will never hammer myself, I'm not one of those cry baby townies I will fight against my lynch until im lynched.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:54 am

Post by death_omen »

Khelvaster wrote:yikes...way to flail out there. Instead of quoting my arguments and defending yourself from them, you lash out with generalizations.

I will never hammer myself, I'm not one of those cry baby townies I will fight against my lynch until im lynched.
-DO

Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Well, if you were scum and about to be lynched, you could hammer yourself, thus ending the day and stopping us from finishing any discussions, if there are any at the time of your self-hammer.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Muerrto »

death_omen wrote:To the town.
If
i am town aligned PLEASE make sure Khelvaster is lynched tomorrow.

Ok now to start defending myself again...

There is also a lot of lurking going on by people who just want to see me out of this game, hypenated has just stopped posting completely so has vampsdurgg.

First

Vote: Omen

This post was horrible. You flew off the handle, you said 'IF' you came up town, you set up a day 2 lynch on someone that you SHOULDN'T have any clue if they're town or not, you said you started defending yourself and attacked Khev, you then attacked the lurkers, then you breadcrumbed a power role.

Wanna try for a take two?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Malchonn
Malchonn
Townie
Malchonn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Malchonn »

death_omen wrote:@ Malchonn, could you contribute more you only really started playing on this page. A review on every single player maybe, or something I just want to hear your views on this game in more detail than just quoting and posting a 2 line answer directed at one person...
Ask and ye shall recieve:

death_omen
- Obviously you're the "lead suspect", and I do agree with some of the arguements against you. I am not ready to make a vote against you, but I do suspect you. IGMEOY
@Death Omen- Do you think Khelv is scum or just confused?

DeathSauce
- Post #153 felt a little out of place, with all the death omen talk, he chimes in with a "suck-up on a grand scale" Muerrto to Pless. I do think that this is a good post, I just wished he would have added his feelings about the death omen situation, where he stands.
@DeathSauce- Do you think that Death Omen could be scum?

Hjallti
- No idea

Hyphen-ated
- Besides the fact he thinks Muerrto is scum, he really hasen't said much else. I have no idea which side he is on.

Khelvaster
-His lyncher-esque drive to bump off Omen is really got me worried, but I can't really tell what is motivating him. IGMEOY
@Khelv- In your opinion, what is the scummiest thing that Omen has said?

Muerrto
- Wicked crazy poster that I have come to know and love. He is always a tough read for me because he always posts a lot and I lose some info in the process, very defensive, but has seemed to answer everyones question that came to him. I have no idea which side he is on.
@Muerrto- Why is it that in your quote in post #164 you left out the part that Death Omen says "I am 100% town alligned"?

Plessiez
- Very intelligent and asks great questions that got the ball rolling, could be using his expierence and questions to distract, but right now I am thinking Town.
@Pless- You said earlier that you found Khelv's one sided investigation "rather irritating", does that mean you wouldn't vote Death Omen?

somestrangeflea
- For him being one of the non-lurkers, I really don't know exactly where is stands on the omen issue. His vote could just be the prod, but I guess he would've repealed it if he didn't think omen was scum. Sounds Town but then again not sure.
@Strangeflea- Where do you stand on the state of the game, Death Omen/Khelv/Lurkers?

VampanezeHunter
-No idea

vampyrusddg
- No idea

WeyounsLastClone
-No idea

4 votes on Death Omen (Muerrto, Khelv, Vampddg, StrangeFlea)
3 unsure (Vamphunter, Plessiez, and myself)
5 unknown (to my knowledge)

@5 unknown
- Help me out by telling me how you feel about Death Omen.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Ok this is confusing. I know that DO made a horrible post but I still don't hink he's scum! I mean he is defending himself but he gets voted anyway. I think that Khev is pressuring DO into making those horrible mistakes! I am 25% sure that DO is scum but I think that Khev is more scummy!
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Ok quite confusing! :?
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by death_omen »

Muerrto wrote:
death_omen wrote:To the town.
If
i am town aligned PLEASE make sure Khelvaster is lynched tomorrow.

Ok now to start defending myself again...

First

Vote: Omen

This post was horrible. You flew off the handle, you said 'IF' you came up town, you set up a day 2 lynch on someone that you SHOULDN'T have any clue if they're town or not, you said you started defending yourself and attacked Khev, you then attacked the lurkers, then you breadcrumbed a power role.

Wanna try for a take two?
Nty for the take two the town is blinded and Im done trying to convince you guys.. You are unpersuadable.

I said if because you guys seem to be so sure of my scum allignment i felt fully inclined to add the if.

Just give me your word Khel is lynched d2 if AND when you find out my town allignment, whether or not ill probably get Nked since Muerrto chose to speak out loud.

And yes to finish of Khel is certainly scum, the randomly jumping has since lead to the town jumping on me.
-DO

VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Hey I'm not voting you! I think if you are town then we should probably lynch Khev! I only said PROBABLY! Note that!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Malchonn wrote:@Strangeflea- Where do you stand on the state of the game, Death Omen/Khelv/Lurkers?
Death_omen: I placed the vote on to drag a defence out of him, and I wasn't convinced with the one I've got. That, and the huge text fiasco make it hard for me to take my vote off.
death_omen wrote:Nty for the take two the town is blinded and Im done trying to convince you guys.. You are unpersuadable.
We're easily persuadable, but only by good arguments.
Khelv: The idea of rushing through the day bothers me quite a bit, but ATM, I'm set on d_o.
IGMEOY

Lurkers: Replace them, don't lynch them!
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Hjallti »

I will make a summary tomorrow (Including an answer to Plessiez' questions), I'm just quickreading last pages now.

A lot of reading ahead.... Anyway the use of bold oversized letters at a forum could be referred of as
jesting

I will keep that in mind if I read tomorrow, and so I think that death_omen might have a very good reason to self hammer!

Jesters are possible in mini's, aren't they?
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:20 am

Post by DeathSauce »

My thoughts on death omen? I think he's collapsing under pressure. He is not anywhere close to a lynch, but feels the need to claim and hint at a power role. That is bizarre, but I've seen it from townies as well as scum.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 am

Post by Plessiez »

death_omen

Again, I would like a response to the questions I asked in #131 . Even if you have nothing to say, a simple "I don't feel like answering those questions" would be better than nothing. As it is, I'm getting a feeling you're not even bothering to read my posts (which is, if nothing else, a crushing blow to my ego).

Furthermore, if you
are
pro-town, giving up and refusing to defend yourself or present any actual case against people beyond "OMG, Khel wants me lynched even though I'm pro-town! He must be scumm!!1!" is not helpful. You have all of four votes on you right now; despite what Khel might say, your lynch is certainly not inevitable. But it's your job to find somebody better to lynch today, whether by explaining your actions better or by pointing to suspicious behaviour and explaining why you think it's scummy.

Khel
:

Muerrto and flea already did a decent job responding to your post #151. To avoid repeating things they said, I'll just focus on one or two of your comments
Khelvaster wrote:Since I see Death Omen as definitely being todays lynch, barring a flat-out scumclaim from someone else, the replacement could speak up tomorrow without any problems.
Oh, so you know for sure that the replacement won't be killed tonight? Interesting...
Khelvaster wrote:It saves time to lynch Death Omen now, and look for partners tomorrow. That way, if he is town, we can immediately jump on some other leads.
Please explain what these “other leads” are. Since you don't want the day to continue, you must already have some potential leads in mind, yes? So I'd like to know who you'd suggest we look at if death_omen comes up town. A list of two or three 'leads' would be nice, I think.

(Looking at the NK and using
that
alone to get leads is, I shouldn't have to tell you,
pure
WIFOM. The scum get to decide who dies, so any information we get from the NK is information that
scum wanted us to have
. Information we get ourselves -- by discussion, voting, or whatever -- is certainly prefer to 'information' of such dubious origin).

Also ... I'm not sure how much I believe this myself yet (see my comment about wanting to spot 'clever' play by the scum over more likely scumtells in #129), but I feel like pointing out that I'm a bit worried about the possibility of a Khel-omen pairing. Definitely see a few things that could point in that direction:

1) Khel goes after Muerrto, and not death_omen, in #45 ... why?

I first pointed this out in #73, but it's worth a quick recap. In short, Khel states that death_omen has said something “really scummy”. And yet he places his vote not on death_omen, who uttered the “really scummy line”, but on Muerrto, who simply gave him a way out of it (by suggesting it might have been a joke). Leaving aside the fact that I don't feel the line in question
was
particularly scummy, I really don't understand why you'd want to vote for somebody who you suspect of
defending
somebody you think has said something scummy over somebody who
actually said
something you think is really scummy.

(I should note, to be fair, that Khel addresses this in #111. Suffice to say I'm not convinced by his explanaition.)

Of course,
if
Khel is scum and partnered with death_omen, and Muerrto is town, it's certainly in Khel's interest to get Muerrto lynched today, thus 'clearing' his partner omen.

2) Khel jumps on death_omen as soon as he sees #96 ... or does he?

In fact, Khel firsts posted something completely unrelated, in #99, and only after twenty minutes or so did he realise he'd missed death_omen's vote and accuse him because of it. Or so Khel says, anyway. I'd suggest it's also possible that Khel saw the vote, and needed that time to decide whether or not he could safely ignore it. If he thought there was a significant chance that other people would jump on death_omen for that (I'd argue that there was indeed such a chance – it's a extremely bad reason to vote for somebody, and we didn't need Khel to point this out), then he could well have decided that death_omen was doomed whatever he did, and that by being the first on the wagon he'd win himself some credibility for the rest of the game.

I accept this is the weakest part of my theory, of course. I don't know Khel well enough to know if he's the sort of player would abandon a partner like that on day 1 (certainly I know some players who wouldn't hesitate to do so, but then I know a few who'd never even consider it). But I'd suggest it seems to fit with what we've seen of Khel's playstyle in this game – whether he's a pro-town player who jumps on the smallest of comments and sticks to theories he formed early in day 1 despite their unpopularity, or scum who cuts loose a partner to make himself seem more pro-town ... he's clearly that sort of decisive and self-confident player.

3) Khel seems convinced that death_omen is scum ... what does he know that we don't?

This, I think, doesn't need much in the way of clarification. The only way that
anybody
can know on day 1 that anybody else is scum is if they are partners.

4) Khel is determined to end the day without discussion... why?

Discussion, as has been said already, is good for the town. What would happen if we speed-lynched omen today and he came up scum?

Well, we'd have one less scum to worry about, certainly. But we'd have no leads to go on to find his partners (Khel's on record as saying that he'd go after Muerrto because of the 'link' he spotted on page 2, but frankly this seems rather absurd. Day 2 lynches should not be decided on the basis of posts made one the second page of the game). And come day 2, we'd be down one pro-town player. Really, if you take death_omen's lynch as inevitable (and certainly, Khel seems to think it is), this is the
ideal
way for things to go from the point of view of scum.

5) (See above) Khel seems sure that if WLC (or any other lurker) is replaced today, his replacement won't be killed ... why?

If Khel is town, he's just making assumptions without thinking things through properly, which is certainly possible. But if Khel's scum, this could either be a genuine slip – that is, Khel might already know that he'll be killing somebody else, so he knows the replacement will survive the night – or an attempt at misdirection - that is, Khel knows he
will
kill the replacement, to stop us even trying to “analyse the NK” (I don't think there's much benefit in doing so anyway, personally, but clearly Khel feels differently).

6) death_omen is making a big deal of having us go after Khel tomorrow ... why would scum do that?

If omen comes up scum, we certainly won't be lynching Khel tomorrow ... but then, if omen is partnered with Khel, that would be precisely the point.

... well, yeah, as I said, I'm not sure how likely this is yet. By themselves, none of thes points mean very much – it's only in combination that they start to seem suspicious. But I'm definitely not convinced that it
isn't
true, and I think the possibility is something worth bearing in mind in future.

Malchonn:

I did indeed describe Khel's obsession as 'rather irritating' – I've also said why I find it so. Briefly, I feel that his behaviour is hurting the town
whether or not death_omen is scum
. By stifling discussion of anybody but omen, he's either preventing us from having
any
further lead on scum (assuming omen comes up as pro-town), or preventing us from having any leads on omen's partners (assuming omen comes up scum). I really can't see why he wants to do this (though obviously I have a few ideas...).

However, none of that is likely to prevent me from voting for omen today. I'd certainly prefer we discussed things more today, and that the quieter players (or their replacements) were given time to speak up, but barring anybody doing something more scummy than omen's #96 and subsequent behaviour, I think we should probably end the day by lynching him. That's not set in stone though, and I naturally reserve the right to vote for somebody else if something they say when I question them makes me think they're a better prospect for being scum.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

WLC has been prodded.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”