Mini 427 - Clue Mafia 1 - Game Over, Who Won!?

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

We are in day 3 in this game already Ecto. Plus, there are going to be different players alive in each game, so I really don't see how your suggestion is going to work. But you are right, we need to do something to get these games going.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yeah, I know about the days, it was an example. I'm just trying to brainstorm something. Unfortunately, the way things are going, scum has the advantage in every game because after awhile, people are willing to lynch just to get the game moving.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:Alright folks, here's the deal. I'm a bit embarrassed by my lack of participation in this game, and Im sure others feel the same. After 3 1/2 months, are page counts are 10,11, and 8. We need to do something about it and so while this isnt necessarily the best plan, it may help.
I think part of our problem is getting confused between the games. My suggestion is to get to the 3 different endings, we need to focus on them one at a time. Let's focus on Clue 1, make progress and not worry about 2 until 1 is finished or 3 until 2 is done. Either that, or we can do Clue 1 until the end of day 1, then do Clue 2 until the end of day 1 and so on. Clue 3 is already at the end of day 1. Hopefully by doing this, we can revive the activity.
I appreciate your efforts to revitalise these games, but i really don't see how that would help. Rather, it would concentrate the limited activity we do have, into a maximum of 1 game at a time.

I'm still happy with a BillyTwilight lynch.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:05 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Battle Mage wrote:your reaction yesterday to the lynch on scum. Same reason as i gave for your FoS on this page.
Please explain what was scummy about that reaction? You do realize that MBL was a SK, so I would have had no "scummy" reaction against it, if you mean something along the lines of trying to get a partner lynched. I hope you also realize that I was the driving force for getting MBL lynched in the first place. You are starting to look really bad to me right now, BM, please give me any
specific
reason why you think I should be the lynch for today.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:07 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

EBWOP: ... the lines of trying to get a partner lynched.

should read

... the lines of trying to *not* get a partner lynched.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

*bump*
Permanent V/LA.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:38 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I'd also like BM to explain. What particular actions tipped him off? I didn't find anything suspicious enough to justify a vote when I read through.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:30 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Waiting on BM....
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:48 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

While we wait...
Billy, how is DOS's 165 suspicious?
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

See my post #177 and Ecto's post #178. I found him suspicious to b epiling on without committing a vote, and setting up a situation where "one or the other is scum" with no real evidence to that.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

BillyTwilight wrote:
unvote

I want a claim from MBL and I want to weigh it against TCS' claim. Something still doesn't sit right with me here, but I am willing to re-vote MBL in the event that his answers are unsatisfactory.
it makes me wonder why TCS cop has such little faith in his own abilities that he chooses to kill himself rather than his confirmed guilty...
QFT
^this, obviously.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:37 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

WTF, BM? Do you pay attention at all? I thought MBL was at lynch -1. TCS was not voting for MBL yet. TCS claimed to have a guilty on MBL and he had already shown a willingness to quicklynch in this game. I wanted a claim before TCS could lynch. It's called standard play. Maybe you should learn it sometime.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:52 am

Vote Count

BillyTwilight - (Battle Mage)
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:21 am

Have not posted in over a week (7 days to pick up prod):

al_kohaulec
Ectomancer

Haven not posted in over a month (4 days to pick up prod):

Cogito Ergo Sum
dahen
DragonsofSummer
Permanent V/LA.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:25 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Dang, I should've posted here instead of the other thread to have beaten the mod by mere seconds >_>
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:26 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Who is everybody's top two suspects and why?
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:08 am

dahen has notified me that he will be active again by monday, which is preferrable to having to find a replacement.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

BillyTwilight wrote:WTF, BM? Do you pay attention at all? I thought MBL was at lynch -1. TCS was not voting for MBL yet. TCS claimed to have a guilty on MBL and he had already shown a willingness to quicklynch in this game. I wanted a claim before TCS could lynch. It's called standard play. Maybe you should learn it sometime.
lol chill out with the insults, and get a grip. what you did was fine, NORMALY, but normally, it isn't the scum who you are trying to derail the wagon of. Frankly i think you are of limited use to this game anyway, and as the only person i have a real scummy vibe from, you're today's lynch matey. :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:42 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Battle Mage wrote:
BillyTwilight wrote:WTF, BM? Do you pay attention at all? I thought MBL was at lynch -1. TCS was not voting for MBL yet. TCS claimed to have a guilty on MBL and he had already shown a willingness to quicklynch in this game. I wanted a claim before TCS could lynch. It's called standard play. Maybe you should learn it sometime.
lol chill out with the insults, and get a grip. what you did was fine, NORMALY, but normally, it isn't the scum who you are trying to derail the wagon of. Frankly i think you are of limited use to this game anyway, and as the only person i have a real scummy vibe from, you're today's lynch matey. :D
Wow, that's nice. I attempted to derail the wagon of a SK who (even if I was mafia-aligned) I would have had no way of knowing he was scum? Your whole argument is based on me trying to keep a scum alive, which is moot because MBL was SELF-ALIGNED. Why would you think I am of limited use to this game? You have no inside information about me, as far as I know, so you can't tell what my role is. Secondly, I was the player who pushed from early day 2 to get MBL lynched anyway, so at least I have been actively participating in going after scum.

Effectively you had nothing to do with MBL's lynch. You disputed TCS' cop claim from the moment that he claimed. You only voted MBL when it looked like MBL was prime for a lynch. You have been throwing suspicion my way and voting for me ever since the fiasco at the end of day 1, which is opportunistic and scummy. You have no case against me at all, yet you are trying to get people to lynch me on a lark, and in a game where we haven't managed to kill a mafia-aligned player yet, this is terrible play. We have 8 players, three of which are probably scum, which means the chance that we are in LyLO now is very good. And you want to lynch me because "I think you are of limited use to this game anyway"? Your play could just be typical bad Battle Mage play, but at this point I am beginning to think there is something more going here, since you refuse to back off a vote that has no merit and if followed through to its conclusion will probably end up with town losing. For now
FoS: BM
for attempting to pursue a dangerous lynch on crap logic and refusing to see the light of day when he's been taken outside in the middle of July.

MoS, Dos isn't allowed to post in this game "until further notice". I don't know if he's picked up a prod or whatnot, but just in case you forgot...
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

thats a good point, but unfortunately your defence doesnt actually make you less scummy. The fact that you admit you tried to derail a wagon on somebody who, to the best of your knowledge, was town, indicates that you could easily be distancing scum.

may i ask why you consider yourself a 'dangerous lynch'? are you some sort of suicidal maniac? :lol:
you evidently think alot of yourself, if you think that a town cannot win without you. :P
BM

BillyTwilight wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Wow, that's nice. I attempted to derail the wagon of a SK who (even if I was mafia-aligned) I would have had no way of knowing he was scum? Your whole argument is based on me trying to keep a scum alive, which is moot because MBL was SELF-ALIGNED. Why would you think I am of limited use to this game? You have no inside information about me, as far as I know, so you can't tell what my role is. Secondly, I was the player who pushed from early day 2 to get MBL lynched anyway, so at least I have been actively participating in going after scum.

Effectively you had nothing to do with MBL's lynch. You disputed TCS' cop claim from the moment that he claimed. You only voted MBL when it looked like MBL was prime for a lynch. You have been throwing suspicion my way and voting for me ever since the fiasco at the end of day 1, which is opportunistic and scummy. You have no case against me at all, yet you are trying to get people to lynch me on a lark, and in a game where we haven't managed to kill a mafia-aligned player yet, this is terrible play. We have 8 players, three of which are probably scum, which means the chance that we are in LyLO now is very good. And you want to lynch me because "I think you are of limited use to this game anyway"? Your play could just be typical bad Battle Mage play, but at this point I am beginning to think there is something more going here, since you refuse to back off a vote that has no merit and if followed through to its conclusion will probably end up with town losing. For now
FoS: BM
for attempting to pursue a dangerous lynch on crap logic and refusing to see the light of day when he's been taken outside in the middle of July.

MoS, Dos isn't allowed to post in this game "until further notice". I don't know if he's picked up a prod or whatnot, but just in case you forgot...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:27 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

I think its a dangerous lynch because I think we are in LyLO. I am town. Therefore a lynch of me = town losing. Having a hard time with that concept, BM?
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm LyLo is a possibility i suppose, but i don't see why there are definitely going to be 3 scum, rather than 2. Still, if you think we are at LyLo, why aren't you campaigning for a No-Lynch?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:04 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Please point out where I EVER asked for a no lynch. 3 is a guess. If 4 we would have lost already and if 2 it would mean scum would start at 2 out of 12, which is highly unlikely. Could be 2 scum groups of 2 each, but with an added serial killer, I find 5 out of 12 (40%) to be non-town alligned a bit much as well. I think three is the best guess, which means we are probably in LyLO.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

BillyTwilight wrote:Please point out where I EVER asked for a no lynch. 3 is a guess. If 4 we would have lost already and if 2 it would mean scum would start at 2 out of 12, which is highly unlikely. Could be 2 scum groups of 2 each, but with an added serial killer, I find 5 out of 12 (40%) to be non-town alligned a bit much as well. I think three is the best guess, which means we are probably in LyLO.
you didn't ask to No Lynch. thats exactly my point. If you really believed we were in LyLo, you would be bright enough to realise that No-Lynching is the best policy in order to ensure a victory.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Ectomancer »

vote BM

The arrogance you are displaying towards BillyT is growing old.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”