'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

vote Sudo

phail
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote, Vote: Tin Vision
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day One:

-TinVision- - 3 (The Central Scrutinizer, The Fonz, Battle Mage)
Sudo_Nym - 3 (Mastermind of Sin, -TinVision-, PookyTheMagicalBear)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 2 (Mariyta, AniX)
The Fonz - 2 (VitaminR, Yosarian2)
Crub - 1 (Sudo_Nym)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (HackerHuck)
Battle Mage - 1 (Ectomancer)
AniX - 1 (Amb)
Yosarian2 - 1 (Indy)
The Central Scrutinizer - 1 (Arafax)

Not voting - 3 (Albert B. Rampage, Sir.Laggalot, Crub)

With nineteen present, ten votes will lynch.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

TinVision's vote on Sudo strikes me as a "Person C" post, don't you think, Yos?

FoS: TinVision
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sudo_Nym wrote:Now what? I post an honest opinion, and get slammed. Oh well. For all I know, he could be a "super daycop"- maybe his investigation restriction is based on times per game rather than times per day, which, while unlikely, is a possibility.

My "idea" of lynching him was a curiousity, not an actual suggestion- if you notice, I dismiss it almost immediately; the only reason I brought it up at all was it struck me as being useful to know whether or not he's telling the truth, and that's the quickest and most sure way I could think of, extreme though it may be.
It wasn't the fact that you "suggested" lynching him, Sudo_Nym. It was, to me, the seriousness with which you treated his post, as if there was even a possibility that he was telling the truth and we should do something about it.
Permanent V/LA.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The seriousness with which I treat the post is more a function of the unknown roles- this is, to be honest, the first game I've played that could potentially feature roles beyond the basics. While I doubt any Daycop could investigate twice on the same day, I was entertaining the notion that he maybe had a certain number of day investigations he could use anytime during the game- for all I know, that could have been the case. However, this sentiment doesn't seem to be shared among those with more experience than I, so I'm more than willing to drop it, in which case it's prudent that I
unvote
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

I find the idea of a day cop with multiple investigations per day, even if its a number per game as very suspicious so I am going for a
Vote TCS
it seems as though he is trying to get us confused, and destroy as many theories as possible, to keep us from working as a group. Even though there are very few theories at the start of the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:It wasn't the fact that you "suggested" lynching him, Sudo_Nym. It was, to me, the seriousness with which you treated his post, as if there was even a possibility that he was telling the truth and we should do something about it.
Not only that, the fact that Sudo was so worried about the possibility of a day-cop, the fact that he seemed lke he really wanted to know when that's something the town wouldn't want known, and the kind of reaction he gave to what was pretty clearly a joke post, all smell like nervous scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:TinVision's vote on Sudo strikes me as a "Person C" post, don't you think, Yos?

FoS: TinVision
Meh. Could be.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:28 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Sir.Laggalot wrote:I find the idea of a day cop with multiple investigations per day, even if its a number per game as very suspicious so I am going for a
Vote TCS
it seems as though he is trying to get us confused, and destroy as many theories as possible, to keep us from working as a group. Even though there are very few theories at the start of the game.
Working as a group? There's only a handful of people in any given game game who work as a group on page four. Are you among them?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Yosarian! are you a traitor?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Course not. I mean, I think we're still mortal enemies, but other then that, nope. Why?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:53 am

Post by VitaminR »

Sir.Laggalot wrote:I find the idea of a day cop with multiple investigations per day, even if its a number per game as very suspicious so I am going for a
Vote TCS
That's a pretty bad vote.

Sudo_Nym's post doesn't strike me as that damning, especially considering his last post.

What's a "Person C" post?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I think it's in reference to an argument I made in the Kingmaker game. Basically, it means using someone else's argument as an excuse to follow them onto a bad bandwagon while avoiding blame for it yourself.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:01 am

Post by VitaminR »

Oh right, that one. Yeah, I think that roughly applies. It was a scummy vote, anyway.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Ectomancer »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Vote TCS
Working as a group? There's only a handful of people in any given game game who work as a group on page four. Are you among them?
With 19 people and The Lost Boys as theme, I suspect that we have more than 1 group that could be working together on page 4, and not all of them sinister.
Sir.Laggalot - I'm concerned if you were confused enough by TCS to vote for him.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

Sir.Laggalot - I'm concerned if you were confused enough by TCS to vote for him.

Ok this is my first game so i am not certain that what i said is what i mean, so i will leave it up to you to correct me.

I think that TCS or "The Central Scrutinizer" is part of the vampires or some other group hell bent on killing us all, with that in mind
I Vote for The Central Scrutinizer to be lynched

The way he is pointing the finger at every one and having multiple accusations is just very Vampire like.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Arafax »

I see that we have a difference opinion when it comes to TCS and his day-cop stuff...I agree that he is either a day-cop or being confusing...I still think that he's a good lynch at this point...As said, if he does come up day-cop, we have 2 scum pegged....I'm happy with the outcome either way.

That being said, I would like to point out that the following think that it's a good idea to lynch TCS : Arafax, Sir.Lagalot, Sudo_Nym.
While these are very opposed to it : Yosarian2, MoS, Tin-Vision, Pooky....I just wanted to get that out there.

Yeah, I'm happy with my current vote.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Sir.Laggalot wrote:

Ok this is my first game so i am not certain that what i said is what i mean, so i will leave it up to you to correct me.

I think that TCS or "The Central Scrutinizer" is part of the vampires or some other group hell bent on killing us all, with that in mind
I Vote for The Central Scrutinizer to be lynched

The way he is pointing the finger at every one and having multiple accusations is just very Vampire like.
Alright, if this is your first game, its would explain your reaction. As for your analysis, I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit. This game should go on for awhile, so if you have the time, I suggest signing up for a newbie game as well. It stands a good chance of finishing before this one does and you could use the experience it will provide.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I sure hope that TCS isn't following his new "act scummy so you're hard to read" philosophy. With a number of newish players, pretending you're a daycop is probably not the wisest way to drum up discussion.

FoS: TCS
for blowing smoke rather than fanning flames.

What's with this BM?
Battle Mage wrote:

Unvote, Vote: Tin Vision
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

TCS: Here, this is my new invention, a sarcasm flag. You need to wave that around at the approperate time when playing with some people.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Arafax wrote:While these are very opposed to it : Yosarian2, MoS, Tin-Vision, Pooky....I just wanted to get that out there.
Put me on that list too.

I don't see how anyone can take TCS' shtick seriously.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Arafax wrote:That being said, I would like to point out that the following think that it's a good idea to lynch TCS : Arafax, Sir.Lagalot, Sudo_Nym
I just want to clarify that I'm not strong one way or the other. Lynching TCS was merely a game-theory observation. That said, I'm not truly opposed, either- I have no evidence indicating which side he's on, and only a hunch that suggests he's scummy. Take that as you will.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by AniX »

Yosarian2 wrote:TCS: Here, this is my new invention, a sarcasm flag. You need to wave that around at the approperate time when playing with some people.
Put me down for an order of...ELEVEN!

I think if anyone seriously believes TCS was, at any point, trying to claim he was the daycop is either scum or possibly the type of person who keeps crashing their car because you keep driving on a driveway and park on a parkway. He was clearly making a joke, one that in hindsight most likely wasn't a good idea, but a clear joke nonetheless, a point made clear by the fact he said he "daycopped" someone twice in one day, and switched his random vote accordingly.
Arafax wrote:I see that we have a difference opinion when it comes to TCS and his day-cop stuff...
I agree that he is either a day-cop or being confusing
...I still think that he's a good lynch at this point...
As said, if he does come up day-cop, we have 2 scum pegged
....I'm happy with the outcome either way.

That being said, I would like to point out that the following think that it's a good idea to lynch TCS : Arafax, Sir.Lagalot, Sudo_Nym.
While these are very opposed to it : Yosarian2, MoS, Tin-Vision, Pooky....I just wanted to get that out there.

Yeah, I'm happy with my current vote.
I'm going to
vote Arafax
on the basis that while the other two on the "lynch TCS for claiming" bandwagon are relatively new and could potentially be tricked by TCS' tongue in cheek statement, your record clearly indicates you should know better than to make statements like those.

In addition to being complete tomfoolery, your statements serve only to confuse and befuddle in a game where there are newer players to confuse and befuddle. While a similar charge has been issued against TCS, it differs in both the fact his was made before the public was fully aware of Sudo and Lagg's statuses, and during a period of time where jokes and randomness is acceptable behavior. Your statement, however, was made with full knowledge of the newbies and long after jokes should be being made (with the obvious being that your statements also wouldn't be funny in any context)
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:31 am

Post by Arafax »

Yosarian2 wrote:TCS: Here, this is my new invention, a sarcasm flag. You need to wave that around at the approperate time when playing with some people.
Hey, check it out....They have one right here on MS : :twisted:
Or perhaps you like this one : :P
There are a few others you see...I'd prefer that if TCS was being sarcastic he would use one of these lovely icons.

Anix - Being new to MS does not mean being new to mafia (other sites, living room mafia, etc)....So, I don't care for your argument...You as an experienced MS player knows that too....Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thought that you have, just not enough to throw a vote out IMO.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”