Mini 474 - Bergamo Bump-Off (Game Over!)

Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Khelvaster »

It seems I didn't see this when I posted.
death_omen wrote: It would be dead right now if Muertto wasnt accusing people left right and center :?, he seems keen to pick up on every single post targeted against him with strong comebacks.
Ok, what the fuck. I don't want to see any of this. Ever. Making strong comebacks when you are accused of things generally means the accusations aren't strong enough. It doesn't mean you are scum.

Vote: Death Omen
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Plessiez »

Khelvaster wrote:Ok, what the fuck. I don't want to see any of this. Ever. Making strong comebacks when you are accused of things generally means the accusations aren't strong enough. It doesn't mean you are scum.
QFT.

Adding the fourth vote to somebody because they're
keeping the game alive
and
defending themselves
(from some pretty dodgy accusations, really)? That's an awful, awful reason to vote for anybody.
FoS: death_omen

Really don't feel I've been pulling my weight in this game - hopefully tomorrow I'll manage to find something more to talk about.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:35 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Muerrto wrote: And believe me I know how to poke people and get the reactions I want.
This game was getting slow, so I decided to poke you to see what reaction I got. And notwithstanding Khel's post above, I felt you came out awfully combative over a fairly meaningless vote. That was interesting, but not as interesting as what came after that.

Death Omen's willingness to jump on a gathering wagon with nothing but craplogic was much more interesting, I felt.

unvote

FoS: Death Omen
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

4th Vote Count of Day 1

Hyphen-ated - 1 (Plessiez)
Malchonn - 1 (Hyphen-ated)
Muerrto - 2 (somestrangeflea, death_omen)
somestrangeflea - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
death_omen - 1 (Khelvaster)

Not Voting:
DeathSauce, Hjallti, Malchonn, Muerrto, VampaneseHunter, vampyrusddg

7 to Lynch

Posting started to lag, but it seems to be on an upswing again. I'd like to shoot for a post from everyone every 2 days, minimum please.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

If you think death omen is scum, please vote him up to lynch -3, or even lynch -2. He needs to start defending himself and telling why he thinks defending oneself is a scumtell.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

I never said it was a bad thing Khel, I just always want the random phase to go on longer, arpund 10 pages is good to my eye :wink:

I just always keep my eye on anyone who pulls out of it while I'm still having fun :D

I'll concur with the generalbad vibe from omen for saying people shouldn't defend themselves, defense against accusation forms up most of this game, without it theres less conversation, less talking and hasty lynches on less information made on deadlines favours the scum. Full stop.

vote: Death Omen
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Khelvaster wrote:He needs to start defending himself and telling why he thinks defending oneself is a scumtell.
Well he won't, because it's a scumtell! Dur! ;)

Unvote
Vote: death_omen

Because:
  1. I agree with Khelvaster
  2. death_omen appears to be the play ATM anyway...
Self defense FTW...
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Plessiez »

Right, so I've read back over the thread and I have questions for everybody. Aren't you lucky?

Also going to give a quick summary of what I see as the major things everybody has said and my thoughts on them.

death_omen

Really hasn't said all that much: only a couple of posts worth commenting on.

In #42 he votes for WLC, saying that he seems "jumpy". Interestingly, that's really all death_omen says on the subject. DeathSauce later clarifies in #57 when he says that "it does seem strange to come back and clarify that an obviously random vote was indeed random", but death_omen never mentions it again.

Then we have #96, about which people have already commented a fair bit recently. No need to repeat my view on how bad his reasons for voting are: instead, my attention was caught by his final comment: "consider this vote temporary". While it's clear that at this stage of the game most votes will be temporary (as people vote to get a reaction and then decide to go after somebody else for something else), I don't see why you'd want to say
in advance
that your vote is essentially meaningless as you'll be removing it soon.

So, my questions for omen:

1)
What do you think about WLC now?
2)
What sort of response were you expecting when you voted for Muerrto? (What sort of response from Muerrto, in particular, but I'd also like to be told what sort of response you were expecting from everybody else).

DeathSauce

Considers Khel (and by implication vampyrus, who had just done the same thing) "very slightly odd" for placing the third vote when he did. (Well, actually Sauce says "on day 1", but I'm guessing he means "this early on day 1", as obviously
somebody
has to place a third vote on day 1 eventually or the day would never end).

It seems similarly "slightly odd" to me that he unvotes WLC in #57 despite agreeing with omen that his behaviour on page 1 was "strange".

Despite voting for Muertto, DeathSauce is third to join the choir of voices suggesting that death_omen's reasons for voting are suspicious, in #102. (He unvotes Muerrto, but only FoSes, and does not vote, for death_omen).

Questions for DeathSauce:

1)
What are you current thoughts on Khel and vampyrus?
2)
Is it your normal habit to remove any early random votes as soon as you think the game is moving out of "the random stage"?

Hjallti

Hasn't been around since the random stage ended (or at least, hasn't said anything of interest so far). Didn't comment on either of the 'big' issues at the time he left: that is, death_omen's suspicions of WLC or Khel's later accusation of Muerrto/death_omen.

Questions:

1)
What
do
you think of WLC? Was he "jumpy"?
2)
Do you think Khel was right to suggest that Muerrto was feeding death_omen lines?
3)
Assuming you answered either of the above questions, why did you not make your thoughts known at the time?
4)
What are your thoughts on what's happenened in the game over the last week?

Hyphen-ated

Has a grand total of 3 posts in the game so far. One is a random vote, and the other is a clarification of another post. That's ... not a lot of contribution. (Yeah, I know, like I'm one to talk :roll:).

It's slightly curious (to me) that Hypen shows up just after I vote for him for inactivty, and that - when he does so - he just echoes other people's complaints that Muerrto is making a WIFOM argument.

Questions:

1)
You describe Muerrto's argument as "goofy", but you don't tell us what you think of him - do you find him scummy?
2)
Who would you say are your top three suspects right now?
3)
Are you always this quiet?

Khelvaster

So far, I'd say that Khel (along with Muerrto) has been one of the top people responsible for keeping the game moving. This is a good thing. Haven't really agreed with everything he's said though ...

Rather than repeat my views on Khel prior to my #73, I'll just link back to what I said then. The realisation that Khel never responded to my questions then fills me with profound sadness, naturally, but also makes me extra curious as to what his answer would be.

But I like his push on omen after omen's vote for Muerrto - I completely agree with him that strong responses to accusations isn't a scum tell, even if I'm not convinced that suggesting otherwise makes omen scum.

Questions for Khel:

1)
Seriously, if you think that omen said something that was "really scummy", and Muerrto merely gave him a way out, why vote for Muerrto and not omen?
2)
Are you still sticking with an omen/Muerrto scum link, or has death_omen's behaviour made you reconsider the possibility he's connected to Muerrto?
3)
Don't you think it's a little early in the day to try to get somebody to lynch -2?

Malchonn

Seems to have fewer posts than Hypen-ated. That's not right.

Questions:

1)
You say in #60 that both Khel and omen look suspicious. Could you expand on that? Which of the two do you currently think more likely to be scum?
2)
When you said that strangeflea was "talking sense", which of his posts did you have in mind?

Muerrto

Definitely one of the main people keeping the game active right now. Again, check out #73 for my earlier thoughts on him; they haven't really changed much.

But I certainly like his appeals to people to slow down (in terms of voting, not posting), and agree with his suggestion that a short day is only going to help scum by making it hard for us to spot connections later.

Questions:

1)
I'd be interested to see how you rank the people who voted for you in terms of suspicions (obviously you suspect omen most, but I'm not sure how you feel about Khel compared to Flea or Sauce and so on). Mind doing so?
2)
If you had to pick three people right now to 'attack relentlessly for a few pages', who would they be and why?

somestrangeflea

First voted for death_omen in #43, accusing him of "trying to get a real reason to vote someone, when there really isn't one".

Then FOSes Khel in #52, calling his actions "pointless, senseless and quite suspicious".

He also has a bit of sustained interaction with Muerrto about the WIFOM stuff. Not really sure how productive that exchange was, to be honest, but asking for clarification and voting when you don't like what you hear is sound enough.

However, I don't really like his claimed reason of voting for death_omen because he "appears to be the play ATM anyway". Unnecessarily passive, really, and odd, as flea had already voiced suspicions of omen in the past.

Few questions for flea:

1)
You say in your latest post that you 'agree with Khev'. Does this mean you find him less suspicious than you did earlier, or are you still worried by his earlier actions?
2)
Are you voting for omen to get him to defend himself, or because you think he's a good choice for lynching today? (Or both, of course).
3)
I'm puzzled by your claim in #90 that "Khelv dragged me out of the random voting stage". Did you mean omen here?

VampanezeHunter

Seemed to be a lot more active in the thread during the random stage than he is now.

In #49 he suggests that "the most scummy, in my eyes, is Khelvaster". A few posts later he FOSes Khel for the same reasons he gives in that post. And that's really it, as far as contribution goes, except for a couple of posts complaining that the game is slowing down.

Questions:

1)
Are you still as suspicious of Khel as you were in #49? What do you think of his vote on death_omen now?
2)
If you had to speculate, who do you think Khel might be partnered with if he's scum?
3)
Conversely, if Khel is
not
scum, who would your top suspect be?

vampyrusddg

Not a hugely active player right now, but he's contributing a little. Seems to contradict himself a little though: in #85 he says "Khel is catching my eye a bit because he seems to have pulled us out of the random stage far too quickly, but nothing I'd vote him for yet, but definitly IGMEOY".

But then he goes back on this later, in #105, when he says that he "never said it was a bad thing" (to pull out of the random stage).

This is slightly worrying, though he does clarify that he "just always keep my eye on anyone who pulls out of [the random stage] while I'm still having fun". But if I were being paranoid, I'd wonder about the fact that vamp was attacking Khev a bit when others were doing so, and is laughing that off now that people's attention has shifted to omen.

Still, questions.

1)
You voted Malchonn earlier because he wasn't contributing, right? Now that you've unvoted, should we assume you're happier with his level of contribution?
2)
You play on another site with Muerrto, yes? Would you agree with the description of his style of play that he gives in #75?
3)
If death_omen is scum, who do you think his partners might be?
4)
Who's more suspicious to you right now: Muerrto or Khel?

WeyounsLastClone

Another low poster. He's randomly voted, and apologised for having lost computer access, and that's about it.

Perhaps some questions will help him clear up his thoughts:

1)
What do you think of death_omen? Scummy, or not scummy? Would you vote for him? Why?
2)
What do you think of Muerrto? Did you follow his explanations of his comment to omen earlier, or like flea did you find them confusing? Scummy or not? Why?
3)
What do you think of Khelvaster? Do you agree with his suspicions about a Muerrto/omen scum pairing? Why?

Ok. Hopefully I'll be able to comment on things more from this point (I've been a bit quieter than I'd have liked so far). I can also try answering any questions people might have for me, too. Nothing huge stands out from the rereads though: and I'm not really happy switching my vote to omen just yet, as I'm not convinced that putting him in danger of a lynch to get a reaction is our best move here (he can defend himself without having lots of votes on him, surely?). Still got my eye on him though, and I'd suggest that Sauce might be worth looking at too as a possible partner (thinking of the fact that Sauce did more to justify omen's suspicions of WLC than omen did himself). And I'm a bit worried about vampryus, too, for the reasons I give above.

But really, I think it's most important at this stage that we get more people talking and discussing. I'd like to hear more from Hjallti, Hyphen, Malchonn and WLC in particular.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:50 am

Plessiez wrote:1) You say in your latest post that you 'agree with Khev'. Does this mean you find him less suspicious than you did earlier, or are you still worried by his earlier actions?
I agreed with Khelv on the point that "He needs to start defending himself and telling why he thinks defending oneself is a scumtell." That post didn't change my opinion of Khelvaster (I still have my suspicions of him), but death_omen really needs to speak up.
Plessiez wrote:2) Are you voting for omen to get him to defend himself, or because you think he's a good choice for lynching today? (Or both, of course).
My vote is currently a pressure vote. death_omen's defense will determine whether or not I think he's a good choice for the lynch.
Plessiez wrote:3) I'm puzzled by your claim in #90 that "Khelv dragged me out of the random voting stage". Did you mean omen here?
I was making my post in the context of the post I was replying to, rather than the game itself.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Plessiez »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Plessiez wrote:]3) I'm puzzled by your claim in #90 that "Khelv dragged me out of the random voting stage". Did you mean omen here?
I was making my post in the context of the post I was replying to, rather than the game itself.
:? Could you clarify this? You replied to a post made by vampryus, who said:
vampryusddg wrote:Khel is catching my eye a bit because he seems to have pulled us out of the random stage far too quickly, but nothing I'd vote him for yet, but definitly IGMEOY. Death sauce and SSF have also been jumping on things early
How exactly did this 'context' influence your reply? It was death_omen you voted for (in #43) for voting for a "real" reason instead of a random one, not Khel (so I don't see why you single out Khel as having 'dragged you' out of the random stage) and it wasn't Khel that Vamp accused you of jumping on ...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 am

I know.

Vampryus posted
Khel is catching my eye a bit because he seems to have pulled us out of the random stage far too quickly
I replied in the context of that. I realise that death_omen was probably the person who
actually
pulled us out of the random stage.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Plessiez wrote: Questions for Khel:

1)
Seriously, if you think that omen said something that was "really scummy", and Muerrto merely gave him a way out, why vote for Muerrto and not omen?
2)
Are you still sticking with an omen/Muerrto scum link, or has death_omen's behaviour made you reconsider the possibility he's connected to Muerrto?
3)
Don't you think it's a little early in the day to try to get somebody to lynch -2?
1: Because there was a small, yet defined, probability that Muerrto could have been trying to link himself and omen, so that if he got lynched as scum omen would be the next lynch. This is assuming Muerrto is scum (not an assumption I will make atm, considering death omen's recent lack of mental capacities.)

2: If we lynch Omen, and he turns out scum, I would definitely do a deep investigation of Muerrto. If Omen is town, I will reread the topic and see who strikes me as scummier. I will then do a deep investigation of them.

3: Regarding Omen? Not at all, considering he used the fact that someone was defending himself very well as a reason that person was scum. There is no possible way persecuting someone for defending themselves well is pro-town.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Khelvaster »

vampyrusddg wrote:. Full stop.
Damn British and their confusing punctuation names >_<
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Plessiez »

flea:

Wait, what? You're saying that vampryus posted something
you didn't think was true
(namely the claim that Khel, not omen, pulled us out of the random stage), and rather than challenging it you simply echoed him? Why?
Khelvaster wrote:1: Because there was a small, yet defined, probability that Muerrto could have been trying to link himself and omen, so that if he got lynched as scum omen would be the next lynch. This is assuming Muerrto is scum (not an assumption I will make atm, considering death omen's recent lack of mental capacities.)
Eh. As I suggested before, I think it rather more likely that omen would be scum and Muerrto town than the opposite. A pro-town player unwittingly doing something (in this case, asking a leading question) that ties them to scum seems far more plausible than scum
drawing attention to themselves
by linking themselves to a pro-town player who had done something "really scummy". Just not worth it for the scum that I can see.
There is no possible way persecuting someone for defending themselves well is pro-town.
Wait, are you saying that you think omen is definitely scum? :? Or simply that you think his actions were not helpful for the town? Because I'd definitely agree with the latter, but I'm still
far
from convinced as to the former. And more generally, I don't like the fact people seem determined to end today early.
That's
certainly not going to help the town either.

In fact, reading your #104 again... it really doesn't make much sense. If we think omen is scum, we shouldn't just vote for him up to lynch -3 or lynch -2 ... we should simply lynch him. And if we're simply interested in hearing his defence, and haven't decided if he's scum yet, then there's obviously no need to add so many "pressure" votes - it's not as if he's lurking or refusing to defend himself, he just hasn't posted on the thread since the post he's been suspected for.

But anyway, for the record you're saying that you think death_omen was bussing Muerrto when he voted for him, and that you still think your initial theory of an omen/Muerrto connection is correct? You're ... still awfully sure of yourself, in other words.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:23 am

Wait, what? You're saying that vampryus posted something you didn't think was true (namely the claim that Khel, not omen, pulled us out of the random stage), and rather than challenging it you simply echoed him? Why?
Because I could see why vampyrus would think that it was Khelvaster that took the game out of the random stage, and I felt that the difference in opinion wasn't great enough to warrant a full blown argument about it.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:27 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Questions for DeathSauce:

1) What are you current thoughts on Khel and vampyrus?
2) Is it your normal habit to remove any early random votes as soon as you think the game is moving out of "the random stage"?
1) I think Khelvaster is probably town, say 70%, but I disagree with his belief that someone defending their self is not a scumtell. The way someone defends themselves can definitely give you insight into their approach to the game.

Vampy, I have no solid read on him. He has a sort of "jokey" air that I have seen a few times from scum, but he might just be a really happy guy. If I had to put a percentage on him, I'd say 51% scum.

2) It depends. If I think my random vote could be useful in applying pressure later in the day I will sometimes keep it in place, but for the most part I tend to unvote random votes once the discussion gets serious.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:04 am

Post by death_omen »

Ok guys I have been away and I knew i would not be back for a while that is why I made that rushed post.

Wow since I got back I have been under much suspicion because of those 3 posts.

Ok @Plessiez:
1. WLC has been lurking reading the topic actively but not commenting at all, he loses access for a few days then comments nothing at all about the game he just simply says sorry.
2. I expected him to put up a big arguement why he wasn't scum and thats exactly what he did. This guy takes votes seriously he really hates it. Then he thinks I jumped onto the wagon... I ask you what wagon? They were all random or votes with very little meaning.

Then after that I have been FOSed by almost every player. (Notice the wagon????) I think we should watch these guys:

Khelvaster who suddenly changed his mind in post subject 100.

Ill finish this later g2g class.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Muerrto »

Plessiez wrote:
Muerrto

Questions:

1)
I'd be interested to see how you rank the people who voted for you in terms of suspicions (obviously you suspect omen most, but I'm not sure how you feel about Khel compared to Flea or Sauce and so on). Mind doing so?
2)
If you had to pick three people right now to 'attack relentlessly for a few pages', who would they be and why?
1. At first it was Khev. He leaped onto me way too fast for little to no reason. But then in post #100 he did the same to Omen. I like his reasons for voting Omen better and I really, really like how he put it. He sounds very opinionated. Maybe a little quick to jump on people but so am I so I relate to his playstyle. I'd rather see him toss around FoS's than votes but until he puts someone in danger he's not bothering me.

Now calling for putting 4 or 5 rapid votes on Omen bothers me. That's a little rash. I don't wanna see anyone at lynch -2 without being able to defend themselves first.

Flea didn't like WIFOM apparently. I think newer players(looking at his join date) are a bit spooked by terminology and WIFOM is the worst one. You will almost never see a game where someone doesn't bring up some WIFOM argument, even if they don't call it WIFOM by name. If I'd never said WIFOM and clarified what I was saying I think he wouldn't have voted me. What I didn't like is that I even said my argument was WIFOM and meant nothing but he voted because it was WIFOM and I was using it
somestrangeflea wrote:to prove that "one specific person knows you aren't scumbuddies with that person", which means nothing if you're scum.

Not only does your actual argument do nothing to help us find scum, but you're blatantly trying to use WIFOM as proof of your non-argument!
Now this can still be the new player not liking terminology thing but the fact that I SAID it was WIFOM and pointless then he votes me and says it's WIFOM and pointless is a bit off. I mean, If I'd meant it to prove anything I wouldn't have completely taken out the foundation of my own post by calling it pointless and baseless.

He also seems quick to switch sides as apparent by his switch from me to Omen. Both seem over zealous rather than scummy at this time.

Omen jumping aboard my wagon with horrible reasoning was quite enlightening. Posting is always good, scum, town, whatever. Without posts there's no evidence, no links, no game. Voting me because I've been posting(heck he even said it himself)
death_omen wrote:It would be dead right now if Muertto wasnt accusing people left right and center :?, he seems keen to pick up on every single post targeted against him with strong comebacks.
Is crazy. Do I think he's scum? At this point I'm going with 75% at least. First the jump on WLC with no defense of it other than
death_omen wrote:Look we are all short of information, im simply posing votes against certain people and seeing how they react to it, its just something i do to narrow my scum suspects down.
And then leaped just as fast onto me. And I can almost guarantee the first thing he'll do when he logs on is say 'oops' and unvote. He's trying too hard to appease others and jumping from fad to fad. That bothers me greatly.

And finally, Sauce. He actually worries me the most. He posted a total of three times between my WIFOM post and his vote for me. He was the last to jump on my wagon before Omen jumped on and everyone else jumped off. He didn't vote Omen, just FoS'ed him so he's not quite as vote happy as the other 3. But he continues to misunderstand what I mean by slowing down the game. Did Khev calling for a lynch -2 on Omen before he can even defend himself show you what I mean by slowing down the game? Not content, voting.

The reason why he worries me the most is that so far out of the 4 that voted me he seems the most dangerous. He didn't blatantly vote me immediately. He waited, watched the argument build, then voted. Now the fact that he UNvoted me seems to help a little but IGMEOY, you seem crafty. That's a great skill to have as town, and a nasty one as scum.

So in order I'd say: Omen, Sauce, Khev, Flea.

2. Well the first one's easy. Omen. I want to know why he keeps jumping all over with his vote with little to no reason and little to no content. He seems like the one that will slip up when being interrogated. That's what I watch for.

As for 2 more? Khev is jumpy but solid on his convictions. He seems to be seeing now that his scum pair idea isn't 100% and he said as such which is good. I don't see him slipping up anytime soon. Same for Sauce, seems more solid on his feet at the moment and not so quick to lynch.

Flea however seems to slip on his words a bit as you've seen while asking him about his Khev/Omen/Vamp interaction. Under the bright light he'd give some good information I think. I'm not convinced he's scum though so I'm not sure what kind of information I'd get out of him.

Hyphen, Hjalti, and WLC no longer seem to be playing and Hyphen leaping in against me and yet not FoS'ing, voting, or voicing an opinion on the situation bothered me.

I'm watching everone for slip ups at the moment. I usually see ALOT more content from Malchonn and Vamp but they've both been quiet recently on our other site too with RL issues so their silence here just reinforces that.

And now for questions for Pless:

First off, bout time someone posted some content. I wanted to ask you earlier but didn't wanna be seen as buddying up. You're the oldest player here by join date alone so good to finally hear from you.

You've voiced your opinions on most of the situations but I'd like it just all in one place:

1. You didn't like my WIFOM but obviously not enough to vote or even FoS me. Saying people who use WIFOM are scum is in itself WIFOM and therefore pointless. I'm assuming that's why you don't freak when people use it. What is your opinion of me however? What I've gotten so far is that you do have some suspiscions or at least are watching me but that since I'm posting content and helping the game you're not concerned at the moment.

My question is what is your straight opinion of me igoring my content? If I was barely posting and thorwing around votes, would you see how I've acted as suspiscious or would you have the same opinion? You seem to be swayed slightly by my participation and since I've never liked that lurkers=scum I'm just curious.

2. How 'jumpy' do you think Khev, Omen, and Flea have been so far(and to a lesser extent Sauce)? Is throwing around lots of votes dangerous if they're just 2-3 votes on each person? Even though Khev called for a dangerous level on Omen no one's actually followed through so is their being jumpy a problem or a conversation starter?

3. What's your opinion on lurkers? We seem to have quite a few, barely stepping in for some comment but with no contribution whatsoever. Is this something you'd see as lynch worthy? Does it scream scum to you or is it more a job for the mod to prod people?

4. And finally, what is your MO? Everyone's got one. So far it seems very logic oriented, watching how people respond, questioning it, getting them to clarify each line. Good approach and it seemed to get some interesting answers from Flea. The problem is(and I know because I do the same thing) that nervous townies, new players, jumpy people, etc will slip up and look scummy under scrutiny even thought they're not. So when do you back off, and how much weight do you put on what you get out of the people you're questioning?

4b. As a side to that. Flea seems to come out of his interaction with you worse than he went in(in your eyes it seems). Do you see him as possible scum at this time or just fumbling for answers to your question? Did he misunderstand what you were asking or did he skirt it?

That's all for now. I'm not voting Omen yet till he speaks up but his extended silence after being called out isn't helping him any.

As I'm posting this HUGE post I see Omen responded:

death_omen wrote:2. I expected him to put up a big arguement why he wasn't scum and thats exactly what he did. This guy takes votes seriously he really hates it. Then he thinks I jumped onto the wagon... I ask you what wagon? They were all random or votes with very little meaning.
Random? Votes with little meaning? Ok first off I don't see Khev straight out claiming I'm a scum pair as random or little meaning. Then Flea joins as well, then Sauce, then you. NONE of those votes were random. Could they have been poking? Definitely, but not random. This was far from a good defense on your part.

The wagon was 4 votes when you dropped yours and you had no reason for doing it other than I was defending myself. That's why people are FoS'ing you now.

I'm holding my vote longer because apparently we can expect a better explanation later after class. We'll see.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Malchonn
Malchonn
Townie
Malchonn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Malchonn »

Sorry Guys, I have been really busy this week and last weekend I will reread and post tonight.

Again my apologizes.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

DeathSauce wrote: 1) I think Khelvaster is probably town, say 70%, but I disagree with his belief that someone defending their self is not a scumtell. The way someone defends themselves can definitely give you insight into their approach to the game.
Deathsauce, IGMEOY. You just contradicted yourself. There is no way that defending oneself, as opposed to not defending oneself, is a scumtell in and of itself. Of course, they way they defend themselves is important. However, the fact they they defend themselves is not.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by death_omen »

Khelvaster wrote:It seems I didn't see this when I posted.
death_omen wrote: It would be dead right now if Muertto wasnt accusing people left right and center :?, he seems keen to pick up on every single post targeted against him with strong comebacks.
Ok, what the fuck. I don't want to see any of this. Ever. Making strong comebacks when you are accused of things generally means the accusations aren't strong enough. It doesn't mean you are scum.

Vote: Death Omen
Ok fair enough statement, meh.
If you think death omen is scum, please vote him up to lynch -3, or even lynch -2. He needs to start defending himself and telling why he thinks defending oneself is a scumtell.
Hmm, then straight after that post the wagon is born, vampyrusddg comments on getting bad vibes, he basically says he thinks I want a deadline so there is less conversation and a hasty lynch.

Then the next fellow: somestrangeflea says I won't defend myself cause he thinks I'm scum, his reasons are as follows:
Because:

1. I agree with Khelvaster
2. death_omen appears to be the play ATM anyway...
What part of what Khelvaster's post?
Why am i the play of the day?

I think you are just hoping onto this newly formed wagon that is against me for no strong reasons at all.

You guys seem to be trying to lynch me out so bad somestrangeflea and Khelvaster, do you guys even notice the lurkers in this game? Hjallti, Hyphen, Malchonn and WLC. They have contributed so little with such little relevance the town should be keeping a closer eye on them, esspecially WLC.

Malchonn and WLC are of the same mould it seems, they both have had problems post 2 line posts, saying they are sorry and will be posting later on. I will keep a closer eye on these two people.

Ok now to answer Plessiez questions.

1. Look above.
2. I was expecting him saying how scummy i looked instead of him defending himself, which I must say is exactly what he did. He does post alot but he never really gives himself away, innocent until proven guilty I must say.

In conclusion I think we should pay attention to the lurkers I mentioned above and watch somestrangeflea and WLC.

If you still think I am scum then I am ready for a role claim (if mod allows).

Unvote

Yes you may role claim, just don't quote your PM - Mod
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Muerrto wrote:And I can almost guarantee the first thing he'll do when he logs on is say 'oops' and unvote. He's trying too hard to appease others and jumping from fad to fad. That bothers me greatly.
And then...
death_omen wrote:2. I was expecting him saying how scummy i looked instead of him defending himself, which I must say is exactly what he did. He does post alot but he never really gives himself away, innocent until proven guilty I must say.

In conclusion I think we should pay attention to the lurkers I mentioned above and watch somestrangeflea and WLC.

If you still think I am scum then I am ready for a role claim (if mod allows).

Unvote

Did you just say you thought I was scummy 'cause I said you were scummy instead of defending myself? Dude. I haven't voted you. I've been saying you're being jumpy, and you are.

And you said earlier that you thought I was scummy because I was defending myself TOO much. Which was it again?

You have 3 votes, no need for a RC already.

This post didn't defend yourself at all, it just attacked the lurkers.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

Khelvaster wrote:
vampyrusddg wrote:. Full stop.
Damn British and their confusing punctuation names >_<
the langauge barrier can be a problem actually, I had an American girlfriend once, a long time ago. Long story short things started to go downhill and we both knew it was over, one night she says she wants have a long talk about "us". So we talked and things got heated when I made an inappropriate comment and she said "Thats it, it's over! Your just too immature. Period."
To which I replied, "Hehe, you said period."

sorry, perfect oppurtunity to use that joke, couldn't let it pass. Onto the more serious stuff.
Plessiez wrote:1) You voted Malchonn earlier because he wasn't contributing, right? Now that you've unvoted, should we assume you're happier with his level of contribution?
No, but Malc also plays on the other site with me and Muerrto (and our mod) and he's almost always quiet, especialy on day one, in fact while we're at it

mod:
could we get a prod on Malchonn to make sure he's awake
Plessiez wrote:2) You play on another site with Muerrto, yes? Would you agree with the description of his style of play that he gives in #75?
Yes, but I've yet to play in a game with him as scum, so while his playstyle is the same as usual that by no means garuntees that he's pro-town or stops me from keeping an eye on him (and vice-versa, last finished game he got me lynched when I was playing scum)
Plessiez wrote:3) If death_omen is scum, who do you think his partners might be?
I have very little idea, but I'd probably start poking and keeping an eye on those who've kept their dealings with him short and inconsequential first
Plessiez wrote:4) Who's more suspicious to you right now: Muerrto or Khel?
hmm, toughie. If I had to lynch one of them (i.e. deadline situation, both at L-1 and only my vote to stop it going to no lynch) I'd have to say Khel, but I woudl be tempted to let it go to a no lynch. My poke at Khel was to see if I got a knee jerk OMGUS reaction, people doing that to a minor IGMEOY or FOS is a major way I track scum, I prefer to play subtly while Muerrto blunders about with the battle axe, it's one of the reasons we work so well together. Muerrto can be a very valuble player while he's clashing heads with people, and while he's doing that he's more likely to reveal any scuminess himself so I wouldn't lynch him without seeing something major. When he clams up is when I'll really start to worry :)

P.S. I don't mind being lynched for that joke, it is terrible :wink:
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
Malchonn
Malchonn
Townie
Malchonn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by Malchonn »

No need for Prod, I said I would post and I am. :P
Plessiez wrote:
1)
You say in #60 that both Khel and omen look suspicious. Could you expand on that?
Khel's "confirming vote" on page 2 was kinda off, just seemed a little early for anything like that, from either side.

Omen caught my eye because StrangeFlea pointed something out to him in post #43 and he really never responded to it.
Which of the two do you currently think more likely to be scum?
Rereading and rereading Omen's #96 post, kinda left me at a lost. One hand its sounds like a prod to Muerrto a crazy poster that is hard to read but did it in a bad way, he reason was almost saying I am voting for him because he is posting. Khel on the other hand seemed a little too defensive in a bad way by pointing out playstyles. Then he turned and voted for Omen, which was a vailid arguement. I would like to hear a response from Omen about Muerrto's post 121, about how he didn't defend himself and went on the attack.
2)
When you said that strangeflea was "talking sense", which of his posts did you have in mind?
#43 He said "seems like trying to get a real reason to vote someone, where there really isn't one... " To me this reads as someone reading between the lines, yes he could be stretching since was early but still shows town iniative, same with #52. But I really didn't understand the "Clairfy" arguement they seemed to just go around in circles.
Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Hyphen-ated »

Plessiez wrote:It's slightly curious (to me) that Hypen shows up just after I vote for him for inactivty, and that - when he does so - he just echoes other people's complaints that Muerrto is making a WIFOM argument.
That was a coincidence here. In general, however, being voted for inactivity would be a kick in the pants to be more active.
Plessiez wrote:Questions:

1)
You describe Muerrto's argument as "goofy", but you don't tell us what you think of him - do you find him scummy?
2)
Who would you say are your top three suspects right now?
3)
Are you always this quiet?
1. Yes, I think he is somewhat scummy.
2. Muerrto. I don't really have two more.
3. Yes. It's a difficult habit to break. Most of the time it's tough for me to find something useful to say. When someone says something to me directly it becomes very easy.
Muerrto wrote:Saying people who use WIFOM are scum is in itself WIFOM and therefore pointless.
I think you're scummy for saying this. In general, using poor logic like WIFOM hurts the town, so it is scummy. It's perfectly legitimate to point out that someone has used poor logic and call them scummy for it. It's just like if someone did any other action that hurts the town.

The fact that you are defending WIFOM itself is more suspicious to me than actually using it would be.

Unvote
FoS Muerrto

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”