Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Patrick »

What illogical arguments did I make against Jordan in your opinion?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Ripley »

Happy birthday, Patrick!

I hope the additional wisdom that you acquire with such great age will illuminate my innocence, and, if you are town, assist you in the task of hunting down the scummy ratbags who have brought us to this sorry state. If not, I suggest you start the year afresh with a clear conscience, and confess.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Guardian »

IH and Aimee still haven't posted anything real. Expect a mail bomb if you don't shape up, guys.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Patrick »

Tis true, I am 20 now. I find the mod note funny.
Ripley wrote:If not, I suggest you start the year afresh with a clear conscience, and confess.
Never.. I mean, uh, nothing to confess to.

I think i'll defer to Skruffs for the moment, and still wait for IH's answers. Also, Skruffs, while I remember, do you think Ripley or I played differently in the last pie c9? As I assume that's why you made the reference.

I still think IH/Aimee or IH/Skruffs are the most likely pairs, but the only pairing I'm pretty sure doesn't exist is Skruffs/Ripley.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by Skruffs »

To be honest, Patrick, you are probably the most at risk - as scum - in this game, because we have the exact same setup with you as scum AND as town. So looking at you is a good place to start.
I have not gone back and compared your actions so fare this game with the way you started in Pie2, but you started off pie1 as mafia roleblocker as fairly silly and kinda bantering around, going with the flow. :)
Happy Birthday.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by Aimee »

Happy Birthday, old one. (You should have a party. Just sayin'.)

I would agree with Patrick that a pairing of Ripley/Skruffs seems rather unlikely at this point. Patrick, which of your two pairings there do you see as the most likely to be scum?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Patrick »

Skruffs wrote:To be honest, Patrick, you are probably the most at risk - as scum - in this game, because we have the exact same setup with you as scum AND as town. So looking at you is a good place to start.
Well sure, it's easy enough to metagame me, but that doesn't in itself mean that I need looking at closer than others.
Skruffs wrote:I have not gone back and compared your actions so fare this game with the way you started in Pie2, but you started off pie1 as mafia roleblocker as fairly silly and kinda bantering around, going with the flow. Smile
I often do start off that way regardless of alignment. It's interesting that you've picked a game where I actually did not act that way though.
Aimee wrote:Patrick, which of your two pairings there do you see as the most likely to be scum?
Probably Skruffs/IH, I took into account Ripley's idea that both scum would be less likely to both pile of Paradoxombie and if they had one might have been tempted to switch to Jordan. I'm not as confident in that as he is. The problem is you aren't behaving like town either, or at least not in any way like the town I easily had pegged in Tapioca Mafia.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Ripley »

Skruffs wrote:To be honest, Patrick, you are probably the most at risk - as scum - in this game, because we have the exact same setup with you as scum AND as town. So looking at you is a good place to start.
I'm finding Skruff's approach a bit eccentric. I don't mind metagaming along the lines of "X has been more likely to do such-and-such in games where he's been scum", but Skruffs seems to be limiting his research to this particular setup (Pie C9), which is in my view far too narrow a field to be of any use whatever, considering that there are only 2 previous games using this setup in existence. Moreover, only two of us have even played in one (and only one of us has been scum in one). I doubt that anyone has a detectable style as scum or town
within a particular setup
, and even if they did it would take a much larger sample of games using that setup to form any meaningful theories about it.

IH's lurking has become ridiculous. There's a ton of stuff he needs to reply to.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Limiting? No. I am taking it one step at a time. I'm starting with Patrick. I'll branch out from there... Have I voted or fossed him? No. If I had a lot more free time I could afford to do a giant post all at once, I don't. I'm not going to scrutinize only patrick, or scrutinize him more than any others, but i can compare things with him versus both other games - if he was helpful in teh beginning, for example, if he pushed strongly for a lynch on someone who was town in either/both, etc etc etc.

I will note that you are quick to discredit me before I'm even half way through lookign at one person in particular, Ripley. Why? Would you prefer I analyze someone who has the least amount of information available first - Aimee, for example?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

So PAtrick's birthday is my scumday.
Way to steal my glory, beatch. D:<
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Ripley »

Skruffs wrote:Limiting? No. I am taking it one step at a time. I'm starting with Patrick. I'll branch out from there... Have I voted or fossed him? No. If I had a lot more free time I could afford to do a giant post all at once, I don't. I'm not going to scrutinize only patrick, or scrutinize him more than any others, but i can compare things with him versus both other games - if he was helpful in teh beginning, for example, if he pushed strongly for a lynch on someone who was town in either/both, etc etc etc.
Still don't see why you're focusing on the 2 previous Pie C9's so closely and exclusively. I just don't think the precise setup is all that relevant.
Skruffs wrote:I will note that you are quick to discredit me before I'm even half way through lookign at one person in particular, Ripley. Why? Would you prefer I analyze someone who has the least amount of information available first - Aimee, for example?
Well, since you ask, I'd probably prefer that to start off with, at any rate, you actually read the game right through once and gave us your thoughts - which don't need to be a giant post - rather than analysing individual people in turn. At least that way we'd have something to work with while you did your individual studies. Your current approach seems to be taking you an awfully long time. And your only paragraph of analysis so far - Post 374 - deals with Patrick
and
me, so you don't seem in fact to be starting with Patrick exclusively.

Anyhow, if you're going to stick with your declared approach, then as long as you pay equal attention to everyone I don't care in the least which order you do them.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Skruffs »

*taps Ripley's skull with a reflex hammer*
I'm NOT focusing on the 2 previous Pie C-9s so closely and exclusively. I'm STARTING OFF with the known facts and working from there. When you say that I am focusing on those games exclusively next time, please please refer to this post. Stop freaking out, Ripley, even if I figure out that you and Patrick are scum, you'll be able to get a mislynch on me. It's cool.

My 'current' approach is stuck between 9 other games and a job that has just changed from being inside and at a computer, to outside dodging traffic. Sometiems I am tired, physically and mentally, and don't feel up to posting. As it says in my below signature. You'll have to take my word for it, but I didn't make the signature JUST to avoid posting content in this game.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

V/LA posting in all threads: Hey, I might post here once or twice more before going -- but FYI tomorrow I am leaving on a V/LA Thursday-Sunday. Expect me to check this and all threads Sunday evening. Hope you manage without me ;).

Keep it gangsta.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Patrick »

Vote: Ripley goes back to previous avatar

Skruffs wrote:Stop freaking out, Ripley, even if I figure out that you and Patrick are scum, you'll be able to get a mislynch on me. It's cool.
Cheeky. Remember how you thought we were scumbuddies last time as well. Anyway, can you tell me how my attack on Jordan was illogical? Your wording of, "It started off logical enough" implies that I became illogical later.

Ripley, if you had to kill someone now (game not real life), who would it be?

Unvote
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

well - Patrick - have the two of you gone after each other yet this game? you don't seem to mind helping each other go after other people (Jordan, aimee, etc) but this is only on page 6. I do like your analysis of Ripley and Simenon though on page 5, that actually reassures me about your intentions. before what started as a decent scum tell seemed to be being exploited into an unnecessary case, and Ripley helped it along without actually voting for it. BY page six, Aimee and teffc have not really said much worth commenting on, and Simenon is, ugh, Simenon.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Ripley »

OK, OK. I'll change it back.

Skruffs, that's twice now, in the 2 paragraphs of analysis you've offered so far, that you've managed to imply that my querying of the Simenon/Patrick case against Jordan was less than genuine.
Skruffs wrote:Riply (at the end of page 3) is kind of playing the foil - but i don't think ripley has voted him at this point.
Skruffs wrote:Ripley helped it along without actually voting for it.
Both these comments hint quite heavily, without actually stating openly, that I was up to something dubious and that my misgivings weren't genuine. I can state quite categorically that I had no intention of "helping it along", or of doing anything other than expressing my reservations. If you believe you have found evidence to the contrary, please state it so that I can reply.
Skruffs wrote:what started as a decent scum tell seemed to be being exploited into an unnecessary case,
Can you explain what you mean here? Where and how did it change from a decent scum tell to an exploited, unnecessary case?
Skruffs wrote:and Simenon is, ugh, Simenon.
and can you clarify this?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Aimee »

Patrick wrote:Probably Skruffs/IH, I took into account Ripley's idea that both scum would be less likely to both pile of Paradoxombie and if they had one might have been tempted to switch to Jordan. I'm not as confident in that as he is. The problem is you aren't behaving like town either, or at least not in any way like the town I easily had pegged in Tapioca Mafia.
Could you clarify what you mean by the end bit please?

I don't know. I do need to re-read Patrick's posts as at the moment I am completely unsure of my thoughts on him.

IH needs to stop lurking. It's getting quite ridiculous, and I want to hear what he thinks of Skruffs' entry to the game, as well as his response to post 373.

Concerning Ripley I have a gut feeling that he is pro-town - I agree with a lot of his posts, and certainly take his side in the Ripley/Simenon discussion. I further agree with his points on Skruffs recently, where he is definitely spot on.

I don't like the fact Skruffs has not commented at all on IH - this just emphasises my already high and increasingly thoughts that they are a scum-pair. At the same time, he hasn't commented on me, either, seemingly saying I have the least amount of information, yet doesn't seem to analyse this or take a stand. I also really don't agree with the way he is focusing exclusively on the one setup - it's a very narrow-minded way of looking at things. Furthermore, Skruffs' not liking the way Patrick pushed for a claim is also bizarre - I see no way at all that this is scummy. He has done nothing to alieviate my suspicions of Simenon.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Patrick »

Aimee wrote:Could you clarify what you mean by the end bit please?
It was easy to peg you as town in Tapioca Mafia. Piece of cake. I'm not getting the same feelings in this game, so something may be up.
Aimee wrote:Furthermore, Skruffs' not liking the way Patrick pushed for a claim is also bizarre - I see no way at all that this is scummy. He has done nothing to alieviate my suspicions of Simenon.
Eh I thought it was only IH doing that.
Whilst I think Skruffs is approaching it weird, I'm willing to be patient and see what he comes up with once he's fully read the game. I don't want to wait forever though. I'm not sure he's answered my previous question, which is similar to the one Ripley just asked in his last post.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Patrick »

One reservation I have about a Skruffs/IH pairing is that IH's first significant post today would be very bold in that case. He states that he pretty strongly feels Simenon is protown, and that's after every other player has expressed suspicion of Simenon, albeit varying levels. It creates a link to Simenon that would be difficult for him to deny later if Simenon was ever lynched as scum. I suppose I could take the opposite direction and wonder why IH didn't jump onto the convenient Simenon "bandwagon" if IH is scum and Simenon/Skruffs town. But maybe that would look too obvious and I'm getting close to the realms of wifom with this.

Now I look back at the last post, I think Aimee may be overstating her increasing suspicion of Skruffs in that last post. As long as he comments on everyone reasonably soon, I'm not complaining. I kind of feel like he's being ambushed before he's really got into his stride.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Aimee - I haven't gotten tot he part where patrickpushed for a claim (if he did) - I'm talking about the way he (and ripley, in a more hidden way) pushed the jordan's tell about simenon (me). Anyways this is the night I do my final analysis, and I am glad you were all so patient for me.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Thanks patrick. I don't know if defending me is a scum tell or not, yet. >.>
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Patrick »

Heh, although you can't speak for him, your predecessor pushed Jordan harder than anyone else, in my humble opinion.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Ripley »

Skruffs wrote:I'm talking about the way he (and ripley, in a more hidden way) pushed the jordan's tell about simenon (me).
And that makes a third time you've made this or a similar comment about me without at any stage offering any evidence, although I pointed this out after the second time and asked you to justify it. Repeating it in slightly different words is not justifying it.

A case that was made against Jordan by Patrick and Simenon, has, in Skruff's retelling, become a case pushed by Patrick (openly) and Ripley (in a hidden way). I'm finding this increasingly strange.
Patrick wrote:I kind of feel like he's being ambushed before he's really got into his stride.
Well, I do try to be patient with replacements. And I think if Skruffs had said "I'm going to post my thoughts as I go; let me get to the end, then I'll deal with all your questions" - well, OK, we'd know where we were. But what he's done is to repeat more or less the same things several times, while ignoring comments and questions about the things he's repeating. I don't think those questions or comments could be said to constitute an ambush.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm referring to the last paragraph of post 391, which I think is a bit overstated. (Shrug) if he doesn't produce the goods soon, then I'll be onto him, but I can't honestly say his play since replacing in has made me more suspicious of him.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by IH »

sorry guys I took a little bit of a lazy break from Mafiascum, I haven't made a post in like a week. I'm going to try and get focused and post. Same for my other games.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”