AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:18 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

I'm going to have extremely limited acces between now and the 25th. Appologies.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol you are SO transparent. :lol:
That same old WIFOM argument keeps popping up. You think just because you claim Doctor, nobody has a right to suspect you? you aren't immortal just because you made a BS claim. I love the way you refer to yourself as 'A' Doctor, knowing as you do that there is another real Doctor out there, who is naturally going to be highly wary of your claim.

with response to your relevant points, your stance has appeared to change with regard to Shteven, who you previously suspected, but as his wagon grows to near completion, you have hopped off, and started a pathetic attempt to look like you are trying to derail it. :roll:

Your defence of the change of opinion is blatantly an attempt to cover your own arse, when people read back and your comments don't add up.

Just die already. :roll:

Guardian wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Guardian wrote:By the way, this has been on my mind and is bugging me -- I wonder if inHim is defending Shteven not because they are buddies, but because inHim *knows* that Shteven is town.

If that is the case, I would feel better about an inHim wagon again....

What is the best way to look for this? I have looked for it myself, and I can't determine if it is a)Innocent Defense, b)Mafia defending buddy, or c)Mafia defending known town (like MoS did with me :P).
backtracking. Now Shteven has a nice big wagon, you decide to change your stance, and instead, tie him to Inhim, so you can lynch him tomorrow. :x
How... have I changed... my stance?

And even if I have changed my stance... any time someone comes up with a new opinion... it is not automatically backtracking.

Your continued
willingness
intense desire to lynch a doctor is noted.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:15 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Vote Count

Glork- 1 (inHimShallIBe)
Guardian- 3 (BattleMage, ManaSpryte, Shteven)
inHimshallIbe- 1 (Guardian)
ManaSpryte- 2 (AutumnEvenings, HackerHuck)
Shteven- 4 (Glork, Jack, Sarcastro, The Central Scrutinizer)
Yogurt Bandit- 1 (Billy Twilight)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not voting (3): Mr. Buddy Lee, Yogurt Bandit, Yosarian2
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Guardian »

Battle Mage wrote:lol you are SO transparent. :lol:
That same old WIFOM argument keeps popping up. You think just because you claim Doctor, nobody has a right to suspect you? you aren't immortal just because you made a BS claim. I love the way you refer to yourself as 'A' Doctor, knowing as you do that there is another real Doctor out there, who is naturally going to be highly wary of your claim.
You are being borderline imbysllyinc. Since we have an SK, whether I am not a doctor or am a doctor, I am a very good target for NK. If I am still around at endgame, great, go ahead and be suspicious of me. Unless the mafia and SK want to try and pull that huge WIFOM, I won't be.

I refer to myself as 'a' doctor, because the setup has 0,1, or 2 doctors! From my perspective (assuming the 0,1,2 was randomly chosen), there is a 50% chance there is another doctor out there. There may be, there may not be, I have no way of knowing.

Just because fools like you joined my wagon even though I really didn't want to claim -- maybe even
because
I didn't want to claim, I don't want to make matters worse by forcing another doctor to claim if one exists.
Battle Mage wrote:with response to your relevant points, your stance has appeared to change with regard to Shteven, who you previously suspected, but as his wagon grows to near completion, you have hopped off, and started a pathetic attempt to look like you are trying to derail it. :roll:
Ummm. I still suspect Shteven. Highly. I have no intention of derailing is wagon.
Battle Mage wrote:Your defence of the change of opinion is blatantly an attempt to cover your own arse, when people read back and your comments don't add up.
I repeat... I am still suspicious of Shteven, if that is your perception of my "change" in opinion... you are wrong. Note a few posts back where I named him as likely to be one of the mafia members.

If you see something different, please explain it. From my perspective your continued attack of me is not taking into account anything that has happened since I claimed, and is just based off of you initial "suspcion" of me. You appear to be making up arguments to make me seem scummy to coorelate with your suspicion, even when the arguments are baseless.

You admit to doing so, earlier, when you said you brought up my "appeal to emotion" even though you didn't think it was at all a good scum tell -- just to convince others of my being scum. Stop being ridiculous if you are town. Keep it up if you aren't :roll:.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Guardian »

EBWOP: I can kind of see maybe where you are pulling your arguments from. I am highly suspicious of inHim, and I wonder what his defense of Shteven means. That in no way equates to me trying difinitively to derail the wagon. I maintain that your attack is baseless.
Do not lynch me.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Shteven »

Just a minor point; if the number of doctors was chosen randomly (which I doubt) then there would be a 33% chance of there being another doctor. This is assuming that guardian is a doctor. Not something that I believe, of course.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Shteven »

I'd like to hear from TCS. He was initially trying to lynch Glork, a wagon which isn't as popular as it should be. He's expressed a lot of doubts about Inhim's alignment as well.

But then he voted me because my vote is on a claimed doctor. He seemed to have a problem because it wasn't countered; I've mentioned since then that a counter-claim would make no sense in this game. TCS, are you still using that reason to vote me, is it something else, or will you reconsider your vote?

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

TCS -- can you state your concise (or not so concise) reasons for your top 3 scum in one post?

Your list mirrors mine, and I want to hear
your
reasons for having suspicions that happen to be the same as mine.
Do not lynch me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Shteven wrote:a wagon which isn't as popular as it should be.
...oh? Why "should" my wagon be more popular?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by Guardian »

Manaspryte... I definitely want to hear more from you.

unvote: inHim vote: Manaspryte
. That one post, to me, was so suspicious that... for the time being, at least, I feel my vote is best placed on you.

*waits for BM to complain about how I am backtracking by voting Manaspryte :roll:*
Do not lynch me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I don't know what imbysllinc means, but as you have said it applies to me, it most probably doesn't. ;)
Whether or not you might be NKed is pretty irrelevant if you are scum. There is no guarantee that another killing group would choose to kill you, IF THEY BELIEVE YOUR CLAIM. If you were still alive tomorrow, or the next day, does that prove your innocence?
answer: Hell NO. :roll:
rofl. and again you are backtracking. If you are going to lie, at least decide what lie you are trying to tell. One minute you think Shteven is scum, then you don't, then you do, and now you have hopped onto the soup of the day: ManaSpryte.
:lol:
I will draw attention to your last comment specifically (bolded by me). Let me ask, would somebody who was genuinely a Doc under heavy suspicion say, if you are scum, please keep misrepresenting me. Its a blatant attempt to render people who suspect you as confirmed scum. It also makes it crystal clear that you KNOW i am not scum, for you are scum yourself.

BM

Guardian wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:lol you are SO transparent. :lol:
You are being borderline imbysllyinc. Since we have an SK, whether I am not a doctor or am a doctor, I am a very good target for NK. If I am still around at endgame, great, go ahead and be suspicious of me. Unless the mafia and SK want to try and pull that huge WIFOM, I won't be.

I refer to myself as 'a' doctor, because the setup has 0,1, or 2 doctors! From my perspective (assuming the 0,1,2 was randomly chosen), there is a 50% chance there is another doctor out there. There may be, there may not be, I have no way of knowing.

Just because fools like you joined my wagon even though I really didn't want to claim -- maybe even
because
I didn't want to claim, I don't want to make matters worse by forcing another doctor to claim if one exists.
Battle Mage wrote:with response to your relevant points, your stance has appeared to change with regard to Shteven, who you previously suspected, but as his wagon grows to near completion, you have hopped off, and started a pathetic attempt to look like you are trying to derail it. :roll:
Ummm. I still suspect Shteven. Highly. I have no intention of derailing is wagon.
Battle Mage wrote:Your defence of the change of opinion is blatantly an attempt to cover your own arse, when people read back and your comments don't add up.
I repeat... I am still suspicious of Shteven, if that is your perception of my "change" in opinion... you are wrong. Note a few posts back where I named him as likely to be one of the mafia members.

If you see something different, please explain it. From my perspective your continued attack of me is not taking into account anything that has happened since I claimed, and is just based off of you initial "suspcion" of me. You appear to be making up arguments to make me seem scummy to coorelate with your suspicion, even when the arguments are baseless.

You admit to doing so, earlier, when you said you brought up my "appeal to emotion" even though you didn't think it was at all a good scum tell -- just to convince others of my being scum. Stop being ridiculous if you are town.
Keep it up if you aren't
:roll:.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Guardian »

Battle Mage wrote:I don't know what imbysllinc means, but as you have said it applies to me, it most probably doesn't. ;)
;)
Battle Mage wrote:Whether or not you might be NKed is pretty irrelevant if you are scum.
No... it is highly relevant. I *am* a good target for an SK. There is a decent shot I am the only doctor, and there is also a decent shot that if there is another doctor they won't trust my claim enough to protect me.
Battle Mage wrote:There is no guarantee that another killing group would choose to kill you, IF THEY BELIEVE YOUR CLAIM.
Not many people believe my claim, apparently. There is no guarantee that a killing group will kill me no matter what they think. However, it is *likely* a killing group will target me.
Battle Mage wrote:If you were still alive tomorrow, or the next day, does that prove your innocence?
answer: Hell NO. :roll:
That is true. However, if I am *dead* tomorrow, or the next day, that will prove my innocence. :roll:

Battle Mage wrote:rofl. and again you are backtracking.
Guardian wrote:*waits for BM to complain about how I am backtracking by voting Manaspryte :roll:*
I am not going to let your ill thought attacks on me stop me from changing my opinions and scum hunting. Read Manaspryte's post. It was suspicious as anything. I think that role is much more likely than average to be scum, because of his blatant willingness to bus for no reason.
Battle Mage wrote:If you are going to lie, at least decide what lie you are trying to tell. One minute you think Shteven is scum, then you don't, then you do, and now you have hopped onto the soup of the day: ManaSpryte.
Shteven is up there. He may or may not be scum. ManaSpryte seems like a good target -- again, I am not going to let you, BM, stop me from changing my opinions or looking for scum.
Battle Mage wrote::lol:
I don't think anyone else is going to laugh as a result of our exchange.*

*at me

Battle Mage wrote:I will draw attention to your last comment specifically (bolded by me). Let me ask, would somebody who was genuinely a Doc under heavy suspicion say, if you are scum, please keep misrepresenting me.
Guardian wrote:
Keep it up if you aren't
:roll:.
Maybe because I think you are pushing for a mislynch beyond all reason and I am perfectly happy for scum to look scummy?
Battle Mage wrote:Its a blatant attempt to render people who suspect you as confirmed scum.
Note how I ask you to look scummy only if you are scum. I think there is a decent chance you are obliging in that regard.
Battle Mage wrote:It also makes it crystal clear that you KNOW i am not scum, for you are scum yourself.
Ah. Me saying for you to do one thing if you are town and another if not is a strong implication of my knowing your exact alignment. I bow to superior logic.[/sarcasm]
Do not lynch me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:19 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Glork wrote:
Shteven wrote:a wagon which isn't as popular as it should be.
...oh? Why "should" my wagon be more popular?
Woa, Didnt you say Shtevens wagon didnt have enough votes yesterday multiple times? Its basically the same concept.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:44 am

Post by Glork »

I've explained my justification for voting Shteven. His case against me is still based primarily on OMGUS, as far as I can possibly tell.

Seriously. I don't like repeating this over and over again. As many times as I've asked for reasons, people continue to fail to give them to me. Would you like to step up to the plate instead of your scumbuddy Shteven? :roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Shteven »

Basically, the scummier a person appears, the more votes they should have. This is a big picture idea, without much detail. So I think you look scummier than the amount of votes you have.

Really, this is so obvious it borders on content-free. Why did you ask? Do you want to me to state my case, or are you wasting time? We have gone back and forth extensively on day 1, but I'm always up for more ;)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Glork »

Your case was based on "you're wrong, and if you're wrong, you're probably scum" -- which A) nobody else can know if you are pro-town; and B) I debunked using simple observational statistics anyway.

If you've got something else, I'd like to hear it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:33 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

As crazy as it sounds, I intend to do a full re-read before I post anything else game-related in this thread. I do not want today to turn into yesterday, where we had three fairly unsubstantiated wagons that I was not happy with.

So deal with me not posting for a couple of days until I get around to it.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:43 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Argh, my words are being taken from inHimland and twisted into something I can't help. I'm going to have to shut up about this mistakes business, because all I'm doing is obscuring the Town's discussion.
Guardian wrote:Manaspryte... I definitely want to hear more from you.

. That one post, to me, was so suspicious that... for the time being, at least, I feel my vote is best placed on you.

*waits for BM to complain about how I am backtracking by voting Manaspryte :roll:*
It's not going to be BM to complain first.

You rally against me like you did and just wash your hands of it for a post, so you can point your finger at someone else? Guardian is scum!

re: Shteven. Yes, I'm pseudo-defending him. Yes, this is partly because he is Glork's highest suspect at the moment. This is also partly because I remember some of his playstyle from a game I've played with him before, and he doesn't argue well when he's scum. I don't think he's scum.

And there goes Glork again, being contradicted, and this time by YB, no less. Maybe "mistakes" isn't what I need to use for this game. It's more of a "do as I say, not as I do" thing for Glork.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

inHimshallibe wrote:Argh, my words are being taken from inHimland and twisted into something I can't help. I'm going to have to shut up about this mistakes business, because all I'm doing is obscuring the Town's discussion.
Hmm? I honestly am not getting this, can you please explain where and how your words were being twisted?
inHimshallibe wrote:
Guardian wrote:Manaspryte... I definitely want to hear more from you.

It's not going to be BM to complain first.
inHim, try reading the few posts after I made that post. Reading is so helpful in not looking like... you didn't bother to read the thread. BM already complained. Nice try?
inHimshallibe wrote:You rally against me like you did and just wash your hands of it for a post, so you can point your finger at someone else? Guardian is scum!
This is all baseless... I am still suspicious of you. Wash my fingers of it? WTF? You voted me after I voted you, and you put me at -1 while doing so when I requested specifically that even if people found me suspicious they try and wait for discussion rather than immediately forcing me to claim.

Your play since then has included trying to get me lynched despite my claim. It has included baseless attacks. It has included seer-like certainty that Glork is scum defending me-scum, err... that Glork is scum defending me-townie... err that Glork is scum no matter what the facts say! And your play has included continuing to push for my lynch beyond all NK logic to the contrary -- again, for pretty shitty reasons.

Seriously, what in hell inHim, you are either not paying attention or you are scum trying to sow confusion in as many areas as possible. Right now I am heavily leaning towards the latter.
inHimshallibe wrote:re: Shteven. Yes, I'm pseudo-defending him. Yes, this is partly because he is Glork's highest suspect at the moment.
That convinced Glork is scum, eh?
inHimshallibe wrote:This is also partly because I remember some of his playstyle from a game I've played with him before, and he doesn't argue well when he's scum. I don't think he's scum.
If you could reference this game and... I dunno... make your semi-defense of him seem like it has some substance behind it, that would be great.
inHimshallibe wrote:And there goes Glork again, being contradicted, and this time by YB, no less.
Glork explained how this wasn't a contradiction. Similar to what BM is doing with me, you seem to be throwing any argument you can at Glork in hopes that something will stick. Seriously, your play in Texas Justice alone makes me think you are much, much better than this as town.

My list of suspects right now is probably:

ManaSpryte
inHim
Shteven
BM
YB
Glork

inHim, you keep making post after post that really... just doesn't make that much sense. Try harder if you are town, each careless post is making you look scummy to me :x.
inHimshallibe wrote:Maybe "mistakes" isn't what I need to use for this game. It's more of a "do as I say, not as I do" thing for Glork.
I am totally confused by that sentence. Please explain. Is this in response to the faux-contradiction pointed out by YB?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Guardian »

minor ebwop: I realized reading over the last few pages that my list above neglects to mention Sarcastro, largely because he has not been that active. Then again, he is below Glork for me so maybe he shouldn't be on there anyways. In any case, his semi-lurking is noted :P.

Also,
for the record
, I have had this nagging suspicion about HackerHuck all game, and I can't really pin it down. And, while there are much more obvious targets out there, he can wait :P. If anyone wants to do a targeted re-read on him and see if there is anything substantiative or if I am just getting a vibe, that'd be awesome.
Do not lynch me.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

It's precious that you're trying to sound concerned, Guardian. This "frustration" causes me to suspect you even more.

I'm not going to waste the time on Shteven's defense; it's really not that important to me, besides the fact I keep saying he's not scum.

I should not have auto-linked you to Glorkscum, that much is correct, because while I'm certain Glork is evil, I'm not sure whether he's scum or SK. I'll also admit I'm stuck in a pretty big rut until someone on my list is dead (Guardian, Glork, TCS)... let's just kill one and see what happens, k?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:50 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

Sorry, I was away in Chicago. I will post in an hour or 2.
Show
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W.B. Yeats
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Jack »

Game needs more lynching of Shteven

MBL, YB, Yos2: why aren't you voting?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:22 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Jack wrote:Game needs more lynching of Shteven

MBL, YB, Yos2: why aren't you voting?
Why would I unless we suspect someone enough to vote or theres a deadline?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Jack »

why wouldn't you suspect someone at this point in the game?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”