Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Crub »

Sorry for my absence today guys :)

I don't see why there should be much debate about who Glork protected night 1. As long as we agree that there was a chance he protected AE it doesn't have any bearing on AE's scummyness other than to say that theres a chance AE is either scum or town.

LML yesterday before goat exploded, you said you thought that MBL & AE could be the Ice mafia. Even though your suspicions on AE were mostly a guess, what stood out as scummy about AE?
Moo?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:07 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

My suspicions were verbalized about AE for, in my opinion, being a good choice for a nightkill, and with no deaths, making the logical leap that she was either doc protected or scum.

Basically, my fears of AE were realized when Goat self-destructed and said that he, as fire mafia, targeted AE.

Granted, it was bad form by goat, but it made my metagame read legit. Goat's chances of winning when he was lynched was 0. This makes me believe (metagaming again) that Goat was being vindictive towards AE and probably not lying.

That being said, I now believe that Glork protected AE. That
does not
mean that AE is innocent.

Right now, if I had to make a list of people I thought were scum, it would me Mneme, MBL, Stewie and AE being 4th. In other words, I understand AE being a
necessary lynch
at some point... but I do not see her being a necessary lynch
today.

My vote stays on Mneme.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Mert »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I understand AE being a
necessary lynch
today.
Gah, this post is WIFOMing me to death. If AE is scum, I don't believe LmL would put himself in a position to so openly protect her but since she obviously has to die before endgame this could be scum saving an easy mislynch for later.
FoS: LmL
. Of course, it could be a tactic of being so blatantly linked to AE that people actually
won't
believe he would be so blatant... an odd gambit, but not impossible.

Something about this post worries me generally - if AE is scum then there's the possible protection thing and if she is town then there's the possibly saving an easy mislynch for later thing. Both are weird.

As I say, WIFOMing me to death...
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:42 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mert wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:I understand AE being a
necessary lynch
today.
Gah, this post is WIFOMing me to death. If AE is scum, I don't believe LmL would put himself in a position to so openly protect her but since she obviously has to die before endgame this could be scum saving an easy mislynch for later.
FoS: LmL
. Of course, it could be a tactic of being so blatantly linked to AE that people actually
won't
believe he would be so blatant... an odd gambit, but not impossible.

Something about this post worries me generally - if AE is scum then there's the possible protection thing and if she is town then there's the possibly saving an easy mislynch for later thing. Both are weird.

As I say, WIFOMing me to death...
Ugh.

Point taken, Mert. There is no right way to handle this. The AE lynch, right now, seems WRONG. I don't know why. It's eating at me.

If the overall town sentiment is to lynch her, I will vote it. I just... don't know.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:53 am

Post by mneme »

LML: uh-huh. Clearly, the AE lynch is right by the numbers.

Can you give anything except gut sentiment to back up your hunch?
Did I say too much?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:00 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Alright, if I understand this game correctly, we are 1 mislynch away from LyLo. Correct?

As for the "Lynch or No-Lynch" fiasco regarding AE and Vendagoat, I think that, whilst it has become a major point in the game, the remaining Ices could be exploiting it as a way to "fly under the radar". As for the idea of lynching AE itself, I'm unsure, but leaning slightly toward the lynch...
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Crub »

mneme wrote:while the town could use some discussion on the remaining Ice, losing one more person tonight really doesn't hurt us that much
1. Why are you so sure that AE is scum?
2. Losing one more person would put us at lylo? How does that not hurt us that much?
Moo?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:57 am

Post by mneme »

Crub, I would wish AE dead regardless of what my alignment was. She's too likely, by cards showing, to be scum to live through the day, and lynching her tells us which tells to pay attention to tomorrow.

Do you have a play in mind that's better than a 75% chance of scum? Because that's at least as good as the odds we have on AE. I don't even trust the votes on her to not be bussing -- because honestly? If I were scum and her partner (neither), -I'd- be bussing her right now.
Did I say too much?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

With the day nearly half over (you
are under deadline
, remember) and the sun high in the sky, you
ask nicely
--
plead
-- beg on your hands and knees -- for God to give you a vote count. In my infinite benevolence and wisdom, I send you one, even though I wonder why my creations are not able to keep track of votes when their number is only eight.

A piece of paper with some writing on it floats down from the sky. It reads as follows:

Official Vote Count #13

AutumnEvenings[2](mneme, Stewie)
mneme[1](LoudmouthLee)

Not Voting[5] (AutumnEvenings, Crub, Mert, MrBuddyLee, Stewie)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Crub »

Nope I don't have a better play right now.
Mathematically AE is still only a 28.5% chance of being scum regardless of which way you want to spin it.
Having said that if we have to lynch AE at some point to make sure I'd rather do it today when we have a mis-lynch up our sleeve. I'm going to wait for the deadline to approach and see if another target comes up before voting AE.
Moo?
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

All right, I've finished my re-read. First I want to address this:
Crub wrote:I'm going to wait for the deadline to approach and see if another target comes up before voting AE.
That's nonsense. FIND one (a "target"? I'd rather it was an actual scum, but...) yourself instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.

I really liked CTD's 321. Despite his weird voting behavior on Day One, I think he (and therefore Some Strange Flea) is most likely town. Crub and Mert both need to to more scum-hunting and take more initiative, but I think they're town as well.

FoS: Stewie
You barely contributed Day One, only had one post (and no vote) on Day Two, posted the second post today and also dropped a second vote on me in that post, and have one other post today (316) that's...not very substantial. You are severally under the radar and I feel like you're using the suspicions against me to make sure you stay that way today. I'm not convinced that you're scum, but you're not doing yourself any favors and I'm not getting any pro-town feelings from you either.

MrBuddyLee, I have conflicting feelings about. He says some things that seem very pro-town, but then does some things that are so odd (lots of jumping around, the whole "L-1 just to get things moving")...hard for me to say anything about him either way.

I've got to run, but I'll post about LmL and mneme when I get back. (I suspect them the most)
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Crub »

AutumnEvenings wrote:That's nonsense. FIND one (a "target"? I'd rather it was an actual scum, but...) yourself instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.
I wasn't saying that I wanted someone else to find a good target :) I was saying that I wanted to see some more posting in general and maybe someone who is actually scum will become more apparent :)
Moo?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by mneme »

AE, you post well, but I'm really hoping you're actually scum since you're easily the best lead we have, rather than Fool's Scum.

That said, if you -are- scum, 335 is a very good post; it's going to be pretty much impossible to separate out the WIFOM from that (if you're scum. If you're town, it's an interesting analysis, though one wonders why why mostly gave your analysis on those you -didn't- suspect the most.
Did I say too much?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by Guardian »

V/LA posting in all threads: Hey, I might post here once or twice more before going -- but FYI tomorrow I am leaving on a V/LA Thursday-Sunday. Expect me to check this and all threads Sunday evening. Hope you manage without me ;).

Y'all will be fine. If you need a VC, I am sure YB can provide. See you in a few :).
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

mneme wrote:AE, you post well, but I'm really hoping you're actually scum since you're easily the best lead we have, rather than Fool's Scum.

That said, if you -are- scum, 335 is a very good post; it's going to be pretty much impossible to separate out the WIFOM from that (if you're scum. If you're town, it's an interesting analysis, though one wonders why why mostly gave your analysis on those you -didn't- suspect the most.
I'm not scum though. I get, believe me, I
get
, that Vendagoat says he tried to kill me and I didn't die so I must be scum. I've tried to rebut that by saying (a) we have only his word he tried to kill me anyway, and (b) it seems extremely likely that Glork protected me. (Which is something I want to discuss with you, by the way...) That's as far as I can go with that. If someone,
any
one, would point to anything at all that actually seems suspicious or anything, maybe we could have some sort of dialogue. At this point, I'm scared that I'll just be the deadline "well, we need to lynch someone so..." lynch, which I really hate. (And for two reasons: (1) I'm not scum, so you'll be in lylo tomorrow, with hardly anything to go on since no one is doing anything at all today, and (2) those sorts of lynches are very difficult to analyse and thus make good hiding spots for the
actual
scum.)

(And the analysis was on everyone; I just didn't get enough time to post about you and LoudmouthLee, which I thought I made clear.)

-------------

Anyway, here's what I have to say about LoudmouthLee:
1) PBuG (LmL's previous incarnation) was the 5th vote on the page-two bandwagon on XYZ, with no reasoning really. I really didn't like that, which is why I voted him at the time. (That was the only thing he did before getting replaced, which is neither here nor there.)

2) As I said at the time, I really didn't like the way he attacked the people on my bandwagon (post 86). It just felt wrong. I know in this game that the mafia don't know (well, now they do, but they didn't :p) who the other mafia team is, so it would be extremely risky to try a "buddying up" tactic, as it could come back to bite you in the ass. But really...the wagon on me wasn't all that big or all that horrible, and I don't like how he zeroed in on it (especially since it wasn't the only wagon going on, but he completely neglected to address the XYZ wagon).

3) I really didn't like this quote of his:
LmL, in post 93, wrote:@CtD: Talk me into voting Glork over you. I will be on a massive campaign to lynch one of the both of you. I'm feeling Stewie, too... but.. c'est la vie. I feel less strongly on him than the both of you.
(though I do like the way CTD responded, more "townie points" for CTD), because it's very...I mean, why do that? As CTD said, he didn't think Glork actually
was
scum, so why should he push for Glork's lynch? I don't like, basically, how LmL tried to make it seem like there were only two alternatives: Glork or CTD. It stifles discussion...and it could be trying to misdirect people. (And on a side note, the little comment about Stewie gives me scumbuddy vibes. That's the only link I saw between them really, so I'm not sure.)

4) Post 102 looks like a possible partnership with mneme. Again, not convinced, but since I find them both scummy, I thought it was worth pointing out.

5) I find it interesting that LoudmouthLee was the first one to start the "AE was probably the missed kill, so FoS her" thing (on Day Two). Comparing that with his behavior towards me today really confuses me. We all saw how he went after Glork, which (hey, I can metagame too :p) is much more what I'd suspect of him--forceful, not backing down, etc. But with me he just floats this idea out there yesterday, then votes for one of the people who votes me today, FoSes the other, and then calles me a "necessary lynch" but not necessarily today. While I certainly appreciate the not-voting-of-AE, it looks like he's trying to have his cake and eat it too.

6) Oh, and going back to yesterday, he uses this:
LmL, 235, wrote:Scum is careful. I am agressive and trying in a reckless pursuit of the truth.
as a defense. I don't like this because...well, if he really believed that (WIFOM and all), then why FoS me at all yesterday? I dare you, Lee, to find someone who was
more
agressive than I was. Plus it's just a lousy defense, since...well, if it were that easy, mafia wouldn't be any fun, since we'd catch those cautious scum and never lynch those aggressive townies.

Ok, now I have a handful of questions for you, Lee:
a) You said this:
LmL, 309, wrote:Venda voted AE out of the gate and never let up.
Do you think that's an accurate representation? Wouldn't it be better to say
I
started attacking him, he FoSed me (and also Glork, by the way), I kept attacking him, and he voted me? Because that's the way it read to me, so I don't understand why you're trying to portray it differently.

b) Yesterday, in post 275, you said you thought MrBuddyLee was Ice mafia. Do you still think that? Why or why not?

c) You said that you think Glork protected me, but were quick to point out that that doesn't make me innocent. I want to know if you think I'm innocent or scum, and why.

And with that, I'll give you the finger. :p
FoS: LoudmouthLee

(I'll post the mneme stuff in a seperate post, since this one's already fairly lengthy, and I want people to actually read both. ;))
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Ok, and here's what I have to say about mneme:

1) Neither WizardKat nore nmeme did anything much at all on Day One. (Although...Wizard did random-vote Lee and then mneme said he didn't see much substance to the Lee wagon (103).)

2) On Day Two, he says this: In 220 says
mneme wrote:And in a way, the town's interest coincides with theirs -- if they found Ice, we do want to lynch them (Ice, that is), whereas if they targeted whoever Glork protected, we probably don't.
But today, he doesn't seem to care at all that I may have been protected, (indeed, see his first post:
mneme wrote: vote: AE

There is, of course, a chance that Glork protected her. But odds are with us here, especially since there was a time for him to respond to speculation claiming he didn't protect her
) which seems very odd, given the whole "we probably don't" bit. I don't like that sort of reversal, especially since it leads to tunnel-vision on me. :(

3) He's said a few times that Glork "had time" to respond to the speculations on me. When, exactly, did he have time? I'm being dead serious here. Vendagoat did not say who he'd targeted until he self-hammered. Plus, I placed the second vote on Vendagoat on July 17th at 10:05 am. Vendagoat self-hammered on the same say, at 2:20 pm. Essentially, the entire lynch happened in the space of 4 hours, during which
Glork never even posted
. Day Two was exceedingly quick--I certainly wasn't expecting it to end so fast, and I highly doubt Glork was either. And, if he
had
wanted to speak, he could very easily have said "I did not protect AE" (which seems to be the hypothoses you're putting forth) without saying who he did protect, if he wanted to keep it a secret.

Basically, I feel like Glork didn't even get the
chance
to put the issue to rest, and I strongly dislike how you're trying to paint it as "yes he did and he chose not to say anything, which means he didn't protect you".

4) I really hate your post 317. I looked at those posts which you claim made it "obvious" that Vendagoat targeted me, and they sure as hell don't look that way to me. They just look like angry OMGUS. I also strongly dislike how you
never said anything about it
at the time. It looks like you're trying to re-write the past, frankly.

5) And then there's this: [quote="mneme, post 332,]Crub, I would wish AE dead regardless of what my alignment was.[/quote]Well, that's...not good. If you're town, you should wish the
scum
dead. I'm not scum and you've not pointed to a single thing that I've done that's suspcious. And you've not done anything that looks very town-ish, honestly, so "regardless of allignment" reads to me like "yeah, ok, I'm scum, but I still want her dead" (for which, it's worth noting, there's precedent. :p)

So, in conclusion: mneme hasn't actually done any scum-hunting, seems to be misrepresenting quite a few things, and is pushing hard for my lynch (while citing bogus statistics :roll: ) without bothering to even
pretend
to care that I might very well be town. I'm not at all impressed and found nothing pro-town about him in my read-through.

vote: nmeme
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

AutumnEvenings wrote:
mneme wrote:AE, you post well, but I'm really hoping you're actually scum since you're easily the best lead we have, rather than Fool's Scum.

I'm not scum though. I get, believe me, I
get
, that Vendagoat says he tried to kill me and I didn't die so I must be scum. I've tried to rebut that by saying (a) we have only his word he tried to kill me anyway, and (b) it seems extremely likely that Glork protected me. (Which is something I want to discuss with you, by the way...) That's as far as I can go with that. If someone,
any
one, would point to anything at all that actually seems suspicious or anything, maybe we could have some sort of dialogue. At this point, I'm scared that I'll just be the deadline "well, we need to lynch someone so..." lynch, which I really hate. (And for two reasons: (1) I'm not scum, so you'll be in lylo tomorrow, with hardly anything to go on since no one is doing anything at all today, and (2) those sorts of lynches are very difficult to analyse and thus make good hiding spots for the
actual
scum.)

(And the analysis was on everyone; I just didn't get enough time to post about you and LoudmouthLee, which I thought I made clear.)

-------------

Anyway, here's what I have to say about LoudmouthLee:
1) PBuG (LmL's previous incarnation) was the 5th vote on the page-two bandwagon on XYZ, with no reasoning really. I really didn't like that, which is why I voted him at the time. (That was the only thing he did before getting replaced, which is neither here nor there.)

2) As I said at the time, I really didn't like the way he attacked the people on my bandwagon (post 86). It just felt wrong. I know in this game that the mafia don't know (well, now they do, but they didn't :p) who the other mafia team is, so it would be extremely risky to try a "buddying up" tactic, as it could come back to bite you in the ass. But really...the wagon on me wasn't all that big or all that horrible, and I don't like how he zeroed in on it (especially since it wasn't the only wagon going on, but he completely neglected to address the XYZ wagon).

3) I really didn't like this quote of his:
LmL, in post 93, wrote:@CtD: Talk me into voting Glork over you. I will be on a massive campaign to lynch one of the both of you. I'm feeling Stewie, too... but.. c'est la vie. I feel less strongly on him than the both of you.
(though I do like the way CTD responded, more "townie points" for CTD), because it's very...I mean, why do that? As CTD said, he didn't think Glork actually
was
scum, so why should he push for Glork's lynch? I don't like, basically, how LmL tried to make it seem like there were only two alternatives: Glork or CTD. It stifles discussion...and it could be trying to misdirect people. (And on a side note, the little comment about Stewie gives me scumbuddy vibes. That's the only link I saw between them really, so I'm not sure.)

4) Post 102 looks like a possible partnership with mneme. Again, not convinced, but since I find them both scummy, I thought it was worth pointing out.

5) I find it interesting that LoudmouthLee was the first one to start the "AE was probably the missed kill, so FoS her" thing (on Day Two). Comparing that with his behavior towards me today really confuses me. We all saw how he went after Glork, which (hey, I can metagame too :p) is much more what I'd suspect of him--forceful, not backing down, etc. But with me he just floats this idea out there yesterday, then votes for one of the people who votes me today, FoSes the other, and then calles me a "necessary lynch" but not necessarily today. While I certainly appreciate the not-voting-of-AE, it looks like he's trying to have his cake and eat it too.

6) Oh, and going back to yesterday, he uses this:
LmL, 235, wrote:Scum is careful. I am agressive and trying in a reckless pursuit of the truth.
as a defense. I don't like this because...well, if he really believed that (WIFOM and all), then why FoS me at all yesterday? I dare you, Lee, to find someone who was
more
agressive than I was. Plus it's just a lousy defense, since...well, if it were that easy, mafia wouldn't be any fun, since we'd catch those cautious scum and never lynch those aggressive townies.

Ok, now I have a handful of questions for you, Lee:
a) You said this:
LmL, 309, wrote:Venda voted AE out of the gate and never let up.
Do you think that's an accurate representation? Wouldn't it be better to say
I
started attacking him, he FoSed me (and also Glork, by the way), I kept attacking him, and he voted me? Because that's the way it read to me, so I don't understand why you're trying to portray it differently.

b) Yesterday, in post 275, you said you thought MrBuddyLee was Ice mafia. Do you still think that? Why or why not?

c) You said that you think Glork protected me, but were quick to point out that that doesn't make me innocent. I want to know if you think I'm innocent or scum, and why.

And with that, I'll give you the finger. :p
FoS: LoudmouthLee

(I'll post the mneme stuff in a seperate post, since this one's already fairly lengthy, and I want people to actually read both. ;))
#1) I am not responsible for PBug's erratic play.
#2) You seemed like an easy lynch target. Perhaps too easy. Since Glork has been exposed as the doctor, with a proper metagame, I found you to be a likely doc protect. As in.. if I were the doctor, I'd protect you. Glork and I normally share judgement skills of similar ilk, and I metagamed him there. My lack of suspicions of you have LITTLE to do with your post (I'm actually finding you scummier and scummier, but I will post that when I have more time). My gut feeling is that that you're town. I'm unsure about that (I was leaning towards Mneme and Stewie, but that's beginning to change.)
#3) It stifles discussion? Absolutely not. You may not be aware, AE, but I happen to be overly dramatic at times, and say sweeping statements. It's something that I'm trying to get over. @AE: Tell me, looking at Glork's reactions with me on D1, would you have found Glork scummy?
#4) Absolutely not. I would like for you to detail for me how there is even a remote "partnership". You can call anything distancing. Give me proof.
#5) Touche. You have not played with me enough. Consider this an open invitation! (hey, you fingered me before! I doubt people will even read this post, so I had to get something dirty in there). I was forceful. I did not back down. I thought he was scum. His doc claim went uncountered. I felt he was scummy. if you do not want me to attack people I think is scummy, why don't you break out the darning needles and we can all fix socks.
#6) Metagaming, AE. People play differently as town then as scum.

To answer your questions:

a) Didn't Venda vote you out of the gate D2?
b) His lack of posts disturb me. He's a candidate for mafia.
c) The mafia consists of 2 of the 4 following players: AE, Mneme, Stewie, MBL.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:32 am

Post by mneme »

AutumnEvenings wrote: 1) Neither WizardKat nore nmeme did anything much at all on Day One. (Although...Wizard did random-vote Lee and then mneme said he didn't see much substance to the Lee wagon (103).)
Yup. And to be fair, I only had about two days to play in.
AutumnEvenings wrote: 2) On Day Two, he says this: In 220 says
mneme wrote:And in a way, the town's interest coincides with theirs -- if they found Ice, we do want to lynch them (Ice, that is), whereas if they targeted whoever Glork protected, we probably don't.
But today, he doesn't seem to care at all that I may have been protected, (indeed, see his first post:
Of course I care. But I"ll lay my bet on better-than-even-money every time.

Anyway, the "the town's interest coincides with theirs" was fishing -- I figured if it lures Fire into a false sense of security and makes them freeer with their info, it's all to the good. It was clearly far more in the town's interest to find the last Fire mafia and lynch them than to find the first Ice mafia (which was why I didn't comment when LML started impugning your virtue). Like you, Vend's self vote caught me by surprise -- so I went from "glork shouldn't reveal his kill...hmm, if Vend's fire, he probably targetted AE, given his first post, but I don't want to spend too much time on that today...oops, day's over." If I'd had more time twix 2 and 3, I'd have asked Glork whether he'd killed you. That said, there were actually 26 hours between LML's musing and Vend's self-vote, with Glork posting a few times in between.
AutumnEvenings wrote: end so fast, and I highly doubt Glork was either. And, if he
had
wanted to speak, he could very easily have said "I did not protect AE" (which seems to be the hypothoses you're putting forth) without saying who he did protect, if he wanted to keep it a secret.
As in, saying "no" is positive, but saying "yes" is assumed by him saying nothing? Possible. But I'm still not buying.

Especially given:
Glork wrote: LmL: Under your current theory, if you think that AE is an IceScum, that would mean that one of the people attacking her is Fire who targeted her last night. I'd like you to analyze each person who has posted suspicon of AE, and I'd like you to explain which among them you think is most likely to be our final FireScum.
Glork was aware that AE was drawing some heat as possible ice. He did not attempt to deflect this suspicion, despite knowing that our killing a Fire would automatically mean his death (and did attempt, as did the rest of us, to find the last Fire).

Therefore, it's highly likely that he did -not- protect AE.

And...no scumhunting? I did plenty yesterday, finding Vend via entirely (well, mostly) different means than you did. And I didn't know two players (Glork and your partner) who -definitely- weren't Fire for me to eliminate.

Confirm vote: AE
Did I say too much?
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

LoudmouthLee wrote:a) Didn't Venda vote you out of the gate D2?
b) His lack of posts disturb me. He's a candidate for mafia.
c) The mafia consists of 2 of the 4 following players: AE, Mneme, Stewie, MBL.
a) No, he did not.
b) Hmm. Not to be rude, but aren't we
all
? Please be more specific. You also ignored the why.
c) Again, that doesn't answer my question, epsecially the why part.

(Also, you
are
responsible for his play, as you have the same role. It would be moronic to ignore that fact.)

I think the fact that I
voted
Glork on Day One during my catch-up post shows that I found him scummy. Please read my posts, thanks.

And what is (6) supposed to mean? Are you claiming I'm playing differently than I do as town? (Newbie 343 is the only completed game I've got, but I was town there, so have a gander.)

-------
mneme, Glork didn't kill me, that should be obvious. He might have
protected
me though, which is the point you're ignoring.

So you're now saying that Glork should have immediately responded to LmL's musings (and again, 26 hours isn't much time here at mafiascum, especially if you're trying to see reactions...) and
that
shows he didn't protect me? *sigh* You don't think him asking Lee, of whom he was
extremely
suspicious and actually
voting
, to flesh out his opinions maybe, just maybe, because he was trying to get a read on
Lee
and who his partners could be?

Whatever. I clearly can't win with you.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Stewie »

Those posts have been really coherent, and have a strong townie vibe. I gotta think this through some more.
unvote

Just for the record, my list of possible scum is the same as LML's, but replace my name with his.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:17 am

Post by mneme »

AutumnEvenings wrote: mneme, Glork didn't kill me, that should be obvious. He might have
protected
me though, which is the point you're ignoring.
I'm not sure what you think I said.
AutumnEvenings wrote: So you're now saying that Glork should have immediately responded to LmL's musings
He did respond. Specficially, he prompted LML to identify a Fire who might have tried to kill you. As I quoted above.

In fact, 254 and 249 are both very strong suggestions that Glork did -not- protect you, and thought that if you'd been targeted by scum, you were IceScum.
AutumnEvenings wrote: Lee, of whom he was
extremely
suspicious and actually
voting
, to flesh out his opinions maybe, just maybe, because he was trying to get a read on
Lee
and who his partners could be?

Whatever. I clearly can't win with you.
Not if you're scum, no. That's kind of definitional on the "Goal: kill all the townies" thing.

The fact that Glork was voting LML doesn't contradict the fact that he responded to the whole 'AE is being targetted by a lot of likely Fire, so she might have been the result of their "investigation"' thing without helping your case at all.

And no, I'm sorry, but we have what amounts to a cop investigation on you indicating you're scum. It's possible the cop was roleblocked or whatever (in this case, that the "cop" ran up against a doc protect) but there's no amount of day posting that should save you here.
Did I say too much?
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:53 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

[quote="nmeme"'m not sure what you think I said.[/quote]mneme, I think you said this:
mneme, bolding mine, wrote:
glork shouldn't reveal his kill
...<snip> If I'd had more time twix 2 and 3,
I'd have asked Glork whether he'd killed you
. And I'm saying he didn't, obviously. Got killing on the mind?

I highly disagree with your interpretations of Glork's posts. If he wanted to make it clear that he didn't protect me, why didn't he FoS me? Or say anything about me
at all
, aside from just asking others,
whom he suspected
, to say more about it?

And by "can't win with you" I meant can't...you know, have a discussion with you, as you're hell-bent on calling me scum and nothing I say or do is going to change your mind. So I'm not sure why I'm even bothering.

-----------
Stewie, if your list matches Lee's except swapping him for you, you'll be delighted to know that the list was originally mine. :p (He called my "neutrals" suspcious, but called all the people pro-town that I called pro-town, and obviously swapped him for me.)

Lee, are you ever intending on answering CTD's question about why you no longer suspect him?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Crub »

vote: mneme

I'm not buying the overexertion you're putting into an AE lynch. I'm getting the impression your willing to twist the facts in order to get AE lynched. Goat probably did target AE night 1, but in my opinion glork probably did protect her. These sort of statements smell off to me :
mneme wrote:better than a 75% chance of scum
mneme wrote:Of course I care. But I"ll lay my bet on better-than-even-money every time.
mneme wrote:we have what amounts to a cop investigation on you indicating you're scum.
Moo?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:45 am

Post by mneme »

Crub: do you think there's a greater than 50% chance that glork targetted AE on night 1?
Did I say too much?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

LML, why am I scummy again?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”