SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9275 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 9222, ooba wrote:
In post 9221, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 9188, Magua wrote:See, I have the opposite viewpoint of you. People who lurk / are inactive after scum take a bruising I feel are more likely to be scum, not less.

I agree.

See: TSO and Ace-slot.

I have to disagree on both these shots.

TSO is town who simply doesn't care anymore.
Ace is the scum mislynch-misshot slot etc. etc.

You're asserting TSO town because...?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 9250, TheWayItEnds wrote:Like... you can make it one post.

But like, I'm just telling you that three would have had a better comedic effect.

You seemed excited that you were "doing it too!", I thought I'd give you some pointers.

Is there a reason you can't just vote TSO?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9277 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 9264, Magua wrote:UNVOTE: Espeonage
VOTE: TWIE

My only regret, really, is that you'll still be able to post useless drivel after you're dead.

it looks like you're policy lynching someone else for being useless
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9278 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Ollie »

In post 9257, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 9255, Ollie wrote:
that is not the reason I want you to vote TSO.

What is the reason?

You will find out on day 6.

In post 9258, Magua wrote:
@Ollie:
Reveal now or it's not happening.

No & you don't get to decide that. Quit pestering me for info that you don't need/more to the point shouldn't be out there yet.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9279 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:23 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 9267, Drixx wrote:Is that avatar from "The Last of Us", TWIE?

Fuck yeah it is.

In post 9276, Imperium wrote:
Is there a reason you can't just vote TSO?

Not really.

In post 9278, Ollie wrote:

You will find out on day 6.

As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9280 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:25 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

To be fair though drixx, this game is about to break the record for longest game on site, and its only in day 5.

So I think everyone is sort of doing that.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9281 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Imperium »

would you just vote tso today then please?
It would also probably mildly annoy magua, which I can only imagine would be a plus!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9282 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Magua »

In post 9277, Imperium wrote:it looks like you're policy lynching someone else for being useless

That is, in point of fact, exactly what I'm doing.

For TSO, it's...well, it's hard to explain.

1. D1-D3 he's super absent. D4 he shows up only as he becomes a possible lynch, he defends the ever-loving-shit out of himself, attacks basically only the people attacking him, etc, and at the end after his "lynch" he disappears again and doesn't return.

I simply find that too-scummy-to-be-scum. Or, more to the point, scum lie to have a narrative and they stick to it, usually more than town do. TSO lied about whether he would be vote-able today, and there's really no reason to have done that and nothing to be gained from it, but you do lose credibility for it and there's some people willing to vote just because of that (eg Drixx's "What happened to lynch all liars" post). Why would TSO-scum make lie like that?

2. Relatedly, I can only imagine that TSO-scum who knows he's potentially on the chopping block today would be trying to spread the mist, rather than just be all, "Hey, guys, I'm here."

3. TSO-scum would know who vezok was protecting last Night (it was discussed in our PT) and I imagine the scumkill would've been on someone who already have some confirmation rather than Imperium.

None of it's ironclad. None of it really points to him being useful town, just, at best, terrible town, but it's a read I have, so it's still more than I have on eg mnemonic, Skybird, or Espeonage.

Ollie wrote:No & you don't get to decide that. Quit pestering me for info that you don't need/more to the point shouldn't be out there yet.

That's fine. You don't have to say. But you're not going to get your TSO lynch then, so.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9283 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Drixx »

Given some of the roles we've seen ... I'm a little worried that a scum TSO could want to be lynched again. Magua is probably right and he's just super negative utility town, but I wouldn't rule out scum with some kind of trick up his sleeve or some reason behind the play.

I also wouldn't rule out TSO just being a lurksack scum who gave up on the game after the first couple of days.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9284 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 9282, Magua wrote:3. TSO-scum would know who vezok was protecting last Night (it was discussed in our PT) and I imagine the scumkill would've been on someone who already have some confirmation rather than Imperium.

It's a role madness with a resurrection ability. If there is no commuter, lightning-rod or bus driver I would be surprised. That shouldn't be an argument in his defense.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Magua »

Originally I would've agreed with you. However, the kills don't really make sense if you assume that the scum could bypass protective abilities.

Eg, if you assume Ollie is really someone who could vig every day and did shoot Andrius, why was his shot not redirected? Why was he not killed?

Why was Imperium killed last Night over me?

Why was Mask killed N2? He wasn't strongly townread, and the scum knew his exact role. My read here is that they didn't want any doc protects, which doesn't make sense if they had ways of subverting protects.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9286 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 am

Post by ooba »

You're asserting TSO town because...?
Would you believe he's at the "not even trying" levels = town?

@Ollie: Anything for your slot.

Vote: TSO

Is this a good thing even if he's town? Or are you hinting that you have some info implying he's not?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9287 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 9285, Magua wrote:Why was Imperium killed last Night over me?

You really cant think of ANY reason for this?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Magua »

Look, I get that you think that you're witty, but popping in with your comments and sarcastic questions but not doing anything to actually advance the gamestate is the exact opposite of helpful, so do me a favor, and either fucking play the game or just don't bother kthxbai.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 9281, Imperium wrote:would you just vote tso today then please?
It would also probably mildly annoy magua, which I can only imagine would be a plus!

It would be a plus!

But I mentioned that I just re read day 1 recently and I remembered why I called him town on replace in.

So I'd rather vote for someone who I havent ever thought was town, namely otolia.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:50 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

That was actually a legitimate question.

House claimed vengeful.

Maybe scum thought youd have shot them if they killed you.

Acting like you cant think of any possible reason they would have avoided doing so is like... just kind of dumb rly.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

But, good news is they can kill you tonight without worrying about that.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Imperium »

Was tso even around during the night phase? I thought he was v/la.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Magua, how you gonna complain about me posting fluff and then keep not responding to not fluff?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 9244, Magua wrote:Maybe you could instead say who you think is scum instead of concentrating solely on defense. It didn't work too well for TSO, after all.

Well, you bought it. And so did mastin and ooba, apparently. But not when TWIE does it, because TSO is special.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Magua »

Zelink, do you think I'm scum?

Do you think my was coming from a scum mindset?

If the answer to the above two questions was 'no', then how is your useful?
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9296 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 9282, Magua wrote:TSO lied about whether he would be vote-able today, and there's really no reason to have done that and nothing to be gained from it, but you do lose credibility for it and there's some people willing to vote just because of that (eg Drixx's "What happened to lynch all liars" post). Why would TSO-scum make lie like that?

Well, there are a few possibilities here.

- He might not have known the specifics of how his role worked (i.e. that no votes on him would count after the first "lynch"), which potentially affected how he approached his role. e.g. He could have assumed votes would still count afterwards but wouldn't do anything, which would mean requiring a majority of votes the following day to even test if he was lying about it and some might deem that a waste of time. Actually, regardless of the exact circumstances here, I believe he wasn't 100% clear on how his role worked.
- He might just not be the smartest grape on the grape tree. Maybe he assumed people would just not try to lynch him after his role was "proved". Maybe he assumed people would think like you do and assume he's essentially too scummy to be scum. Maybe there are other easons that I cannot think of because I don't think like him. Or maybe he just didn't think through the possibilities very well - he doesn't exactly scream 'player who thinks things through', for the record.

On the other hand, the town motivation was... lying to... get people to look elsewhere?

Eh.

In post 9282, Magua wrote:Relatedly, I can only imagine that TSO-scum who knows he's potentially on the chopping block today would be trying to spread the mist, rather than just be all, "Hey, guys, I'm here."

Well, that's all he was really doing yesterday, too. Just in more posts (but that was mainly as a result of responding to people who were talking about him - when nobody's specifically talking about him, he doesn't have things to respond to and he can't actually write any content... because he's so obviously town that has opinions and stuff).

In post 9282, Magua wrote:3. TSO-scum would know who vezok was protecting last Night (it was discussed in our PT) and I imagine the scumkill would've been on someone who already have some confirmation rather than Imperium.

I don't understand the logic here.

You weren't killed. There were a number of other people claiming either kill immunity or other shenanigans.

Not to mention, while Imperium wasn't exactly a consensus town read, there are definitely reasons TSO-scum might want Imperium dead.

In post 9295, Magua wrote:If the answer to the above two questions was 'no', then how is your useful?

It's actually because I don't think you're scum that I'm trying to point out how inane your reasoning is.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9297 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:34 am

Post by Magua »

The crux of the belief, Zelink, is that someone who does something just stupidly, obviously patently dumb is more likely to be town than scum. Or, the inverse, that scum are more careful with what they do and say than town are.

I have a whooooooole bunch of experience of town doing inanely dumb things to back this one up.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9298 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:40 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I'm suddenly flattered that you're voting me.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9299 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:41 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Scum are equally capable of doing "dumb things". Even players you would generally not consider dumb. Town can too. No one is disputing that. But I don't think "doing dumb things" is a good reason to town read someone, and if it is... then why is TWIE scum?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”