Mini 474 - Bergamo Bump-Off (Game Over!)

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Muerrto »

Plessiez wrote:and vampyrus and Muerrto can confirm I'm not in on whatever inside joke was behind vamp's original comment.
Yeah. Inside joke from another site where people like to lynch me. Vamp was actually quoting the mod, Vel, when he said it last game.
Plessiez wrote:
Muerrto
: I can see what you're doing in the part of #68 that confused somestrangeflea. You're explaining to death_omen why he shouldn't think you're feeding him lines, yes? This is all well and good, only... death_omen never suggested you were, as far as I can tell. So why did you feel the need to address this point to him?

I mean ... I could tell
you
that the you and me aren't scumbuddies, by the exact some logic (if you're scum, you'd know I'm town; if you're town, you know you're town). Would be kind of odd if I just did it out of nowhere though, right?

Also: is it usually your habit to assume everybody town until you find a reason not to? If not, what have Khev or death_omen done to make you think them town?
Well Omen seemed to get defensive after being accused which both bothers me and frightens me. Getting defensive early can lead to alot more suspiscion laid down on you which can lead to a mislynch, that's the frighten. However, getting defensive early may be because you have something to be defensive about, that's the worry. I still don't like his vote for WLC for being 'jumpy'. I want more of an explanation than just 'we have little info to go on'. You could've FoS'ed him instead of voting him.

I do assume everyone's town until I see otherwise. Usually I go through posts with a fine comb and catch slip ups. I wasn't kidding when I said that before. I will then attack that person relentlessly for a few pages. If they break I'll find some more slip ups, if they don't I back down. I try not to be too abrasive but I get the complaints alot of time that I am. But that's my style and it's not changing. I also find it works well especially with people that haven't been playing that long(although it works much better in person).
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Hyphen-ated »

Muerrto that was a really goofy argument. Why would you ever even need to "prove" to someone that you know you aren't scum with them? To both of you it's totally obvious whether you are scumbuddies or not.
Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Hyphen-ated »

EBWOP: referring to posts 68 and 70
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

3rd Vote Count of Day 1

Hyphen-ated - 1 (Plessiez)
Malchonn - 2 (Hyphen-ated, vampyrusddg)
Muerrto - 2 (Khelvaster, somestrangeflea)
somestrangeflea - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
WeyounsLastClone - 1 (death_omen)

Not Voting:
DeathSauce, Hjallti, Malchonn, Muerrto, VampaneseHunter

7 to Lynch
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:45 am

Post by Muerrto »

Hyphen-ated wrote:Muerrto that was a really goofy argument. Why would you ever even need to "prove" to someone that you know you aren't scum with them? To both of you it's totally obvious whether you are scumbuddies or not.
Shrug. Flea asked.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:50 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Muerrto wrote:
Hyphen-ated wrote:Muerrto that was a really goofy argument. Why would you ever even need to "prove" to someone that you know you aren't scum with them? To both of you it's totally obvious whether you are scumbuddies or not.
Shrug. Flea asked.
Asked you what? I wanted you to clarify something you'd already said, I never "asked" you anything new.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Muerrto »

somestrangeflea wrote:Asked you what? I wanted you to clarify something you'd already said, I never "asked" you anything new.
Um exactly. You ASKED me to clarify. I'm not quite understanding your use of the english language. But here we go:
Muerrto wrote:This is why we want to slow down. Jumping to votes that quick is making others jump to conclusions even quicker. It's not helping any. I'm not trying to give you lines(as you know your role and if you're scum you know my role so you know there's no way we're both scum b/c if you're scum you know I'm not and if you're town you know you're not) I'm merely trying to slow down what was starting to build too quickly.
somestrangeflea wrote:I personally didn't get the "if you're town you know you're not" line...

Please clarify this post!
I told Omen to slow down because I didn't like his short post earlier. He seemed to be bothered by the scum buddy comment. I wasn't adressing him obviously I was adressing Khev since Khev was the one saying I was feeding him lines. I said 'you' because the post was adressing Omen. You asked me to clarify. I clarified.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Yeah, but it's not as if I asked you for anything new. You were merely rehashing stuff you'd already said!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Muerrto »

somestrangeflea wrote:Yeah, but it's not as if I asked you for anything new. You were merely rehashing stuff you'd already said!
Sooo.....I guess I'm still not understanding what you're saying. You asked me to clarify a post and I did. What problem did you have with this?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:56 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Plessiez wrote: death_sauce: What makes you say I was "answering for vampyrus"? You meant this post, right? I think it's pretty clear I was just carrying on the random phase tradition of giving awful reasons to vote for somebody (and vampyrus and Muerrto can confirm I'm not in on whatever inside joke was behind vamp's original comment).
Yes, that is the post I was referring to. I'm not drawing any major conclusions from it, it's just that I always notice when one player answers a question directed at another. It probably means less on page 2 than it does on page 20, so that's why I merely mentioned it and didn't point a FoS or anything.
Why do you think WLC's confirmation that his vote was random - one minute after his original post - is "strange"? And is it strange in a particularly scummy way (I don't really see how), or simply not something you'd expect a player to do?
Just an unnecessary thing to do. No one (I hope) expects a page one vote to be anything but random, so coming back to say it was random was unnecessary. I don't particularly see it as scummy, just odd.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:19 am

Post by vampyrusddg »

*watches the tumbleweeds roll by*

hmm....

unvote: Malchonn

Muerrto wrote:Vamp, oh enlightener of the unenlightened, we need some logic.
sorry man, all sold out, would some conventional wisdom or monty pythons quotes do instead :)

Hjallti: no it's the little sticky out bit below wales (but to my shame I am part welsh...)

so far I don't see much to be suspicious of, some people trying to apply early pressure. Khel is catching my eye a bit because he seems to have pulled us out of the random stage far too quickly, but nothing I'd vote him for yet, but definitly IGMEOY. Death sauce and SSF have also been jumping on things early (sauce on WLC & SSF on sauce). WLC, Hjallti, and Malc have all been fairly quiet.
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:26 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Hey vampy, I'm part Welsh too.

Where did strangeflea "jump" on me? Did I miss something?
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:17 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Is it just me or has this game slowed down?
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:35 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Well let's speed it up! Everyone vote for Vampaneze!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Muerrto »

DeathSauce wrote:Hey vampy, I'm part Welsh too.

Where did strangeflea "jump" on me? Did I miss something?
I think he menat Flea jumped on me. Still not sure why.

And I'm part Welsh too lol. Wear a celtic knot ring always and plan on gettin it tatooed when I get the $. So wait a minute, why's it sad to be Welsh again?

What other language has like 5 constanants in a row and can still pronounce the word?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:00 am

vampyrusddg wrote:so far I don't see much to be suspicious of, some people trying to apply early pressure. Khel is catching my eye a bit because he seems to have pulled us out of the random stage far too quickly, but nothing I'd vote him for yet, but definitly IGMEOY. Death sauce and SSF have also been jumping on things early (sauce on WLC & SSF on sauce). WLC, Hjallti, and Malc have all been fairly quiet.
Why wouldn't I be "jumping"? Khelv dragged me out of the random voting stage, and I wasn't happy with what I saw!
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

Muerrto wrote: So wait a minute, why's it sad to be Welsh again?
Well, theres said to be an affinity between welshmen and sheep... Perpetuated by 1001 crude jokes.

sorry Sauce, I meant Omen not you (that'll teach me to post when I've been awake for 24 hours), was refering to the WLC is jumpy posts back on page 2.
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Muerrto »

vampyrusddg wrote:
Muerrto wrote: So wait a minute, why's it sad to be Welsh again?
Well, theres said to be an affinity between welshmen and sheep... Perpetuated by 1001 crude jokes.
Whoa there! I thought that was those dirty Scots! :lol:
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:44 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Lost computer access for a couple of days. But rereading the thread now, doesn't make things too much clearer for me.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:30 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Vote: Muerrto
I really dislike post 68 and the WIFOM that occurred afterward. The repeated requests to slow the game down are bizarre, there wasn't really any chance of a quicklynch, keeping the game moving is what we want.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Muerrto »

DeathSauce wrote:
Vote: Muerrto
I really dislike post 68 and the WIFOM that occurred afterward. The repeated requests to slow the game down are bizarre, there wasn't really any chance of a quicklynch, keeping the game moving is what we want.
Muerrto wrote:Of course all of this is WIFOM and will probably cause headaches because of course I can't PROVE my role to you any more than he can.
Excuse me? I even said myself it was WIFOM. I said myself it meant nothing and could prove nothing but that he asked me to clarify and I did.

And I meant slow the game down w/regards to voting which you obviously didn't do.

Want some more WIFOM? Scum wants a quick day and a mislynch. Town wants a sloooow day and alot of information so even if there IS a mislynch as so often happens in games this size on day 1, there'll be enough info to chain together people's posts and find the real scum.

So why exactly did you just place vote #3 on me on the 4th page with no real evidence or cause stated? Saying you didn't like my WIFOM is hardly enough cause to FoS, let alone vote.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by death_omen »

VampanezeHunter wrote:Is it just me or has this game slowed down?
It would be dead right now if Muertto wasnt accusing people left right and center :?, he seems keen to pick up on every single post targeted against him with strong comebacks.

Lets see now...
Vote:Muerrto

at Muerrto: Your either a pro town with a big mouth, or a scum or sk who likes to throw an evil glare across the table now and again.

Consider this vote temporary.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Muerrto »

death_omen wrote:It would be dead right now if Muertto wasnt accusing people left right and center :?, he seems keen to pick up on every single post targeted against him with strong comebacks.

Lets see now... Vote:Muerrto
Sooo you're voting me because I'm actually posting as opposed to lurking like most of the other players? That was the worst reason yet.

I now have 4 votes after 2 pages with little reason more than a WIFOM post. I'm asking again for you guys to slow down before you mislynch me and have NO ties whatsoever to anyone else on day 2.

Also, I really don't like Omen jumping on this wagon for such a horrible reason. My thinking is that when I'm found town he'll be cleared of Khev's scum buddy accusation. Definitely:

FoS: Omen

Khev is wrong but had a reason, Flea is wrong but has a reason, Sauce is wrong but had a reason(although he posted a few times before deciding to jump on the WIFOM attack), Omen votes because I'm posting? I don't think so man.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:47 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Holy cow! You mean we have an SK?! Aw man now I have 2 chances of dying! *Sobs* Well I really think that people need to come out from the shadows because this game is only just staying alive!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Khelvaster »

vampyrusddg wrote: so far I don't see much to be suspicious of, some people trying to apply early pressure. Khel is catching my eye a bit because he seems to have pulled us out of the random stage far too quickly, but nothing I'd vote him for yet, but definitly IGMEOY. Death sauce and SSF have also been jumping on things early (sauce on WLC & SSF on sauce). WLC, Hjallti, and Malc have all been fairly quiet.
Look at all the mini games I have played in (except for 471--I got NK'd n0 there.)

Mini 443
Mini 449
Mini 462
Open 31

In most of these games, I have been one of the people pulling everyone out of random voting. That is my playstyle.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”