Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Hjallti »

Well Indy, fair enough, but we will keep a couple of eyes on you anyway
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:39 am

Post by Aimee »

Prodding Dral.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Dral »

I am still following the thread. Nothing going on worth commenting on.
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

^i feel the same way....
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok we've got all the protections in, I've just scanned over the recent arguments, will reflect on them in greater detail tomorrow but I do think one of three who perched themselves onto Mert is a lieing scumbag or of course Mert's a scumbag himself and Fernando could have protected him aswell. Thanks to Hjallti I've got no idea over my ability . .

I don't think we can be certain of anything however as we don't know Fernando protected. I do however think the scum would prefer to be in a situation where it's harder for them to be tested as such, hence CKD's revelation of protecting no-one and the three who protected Mert appeal most to me at this stage, I think either way I'm pretty confused and it probably makes more sense to concentrate on other things such as the usual scumtells, lurking, lack of curiousity, defensiveness etc. Dral's recent post doesn't fill me with happy thoughts either.

This is for my own benefit for later on -
AmeliaLi - protected JDodge
curiouskarmadog - protected No One
theo - protected Jordan
Hjallti - protected Jordan
Jordan - protected Mert
Indy - protected curiouskarmadog
Dral - protected Fernando
Mert - protected curiouskarmadog
JDodge - protected Mert
BM - protected Mert
ControlledBurn - protected Hjallti
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:59 am

Post by theopor_COD »

EBWOP - BM snuck in a post similar to Dral whilst I was previewing, yeh maybe you two could find something to comment on instead of idling along awaiting someone to light the blue touch paper or even light it yourself.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Mert »

I have this feeling that there must be some Dethy-esque way of working all this out over the next couple of days but I'm leading myself around in circles trying to figure it out. That list Theopor posted is very helpful, however. I'm going to try and work out if there's anything at all we can confirm at this early stage, or if there's anything that can be confirmed by tomorrow but I wonder if midnight is really when I'm going to be at my prime, so I may have to continue tomorrow (as in RL tomorrow). Beats work, right? ;)
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I think going for scumtells is what we have to do. The list will be helpfull day2 or day3 for us. As for the scum it is helpful already as they have extra info on which 3 tells were lies (that is the main reason I was reluctant at first giving it first day). Note that in case of Mert we have a lot of possibilities, like that all 3 protecting are regular townies and two of them being quacks is still a possibility (since FeRnAnDo could have protected as well).

@Dral and Battle Mage:following without contribution is a scumtell and noted!

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Indy »

Hjallti wrote:Well Indy, fair enough, but we will keep a couple of eyes on you anyway
Who is -we-, you seem to be the only person that misread what I said, I would say Mert also, but I think I misread his post and replied in a manor that confused him. Hopefully it all makes sense now.

That said, there is still the issue of me and mert both protecting CKD.

Options that leaves me is.
CKD is a quack-
meaning Mert and I are any combo of doc/quack, quack/quack, or doc/doc.
CKD is Mafia-
doesn't give us much to go one for me and mert.

Other options are that Mert or I am lying. If that is so, one of us two are Mafia.

At this point, I would say the odds are in favor that one of us three is a Mafia. It is just a matter of you really indepth players sorting through the posts and finding it.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Dral »

Indy wrote:At this point, I would say the odds are in favor that one of us three is a Mafia. It is just a matter of you really indepth players sorting through the posts and finding it.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. If 2 people target someone and that person lives, you really can't conclude anything. But, I do agree that CKD is scum. :)
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by Hjallti »

For some strange reason indy wrote:
if
CKD is a quack
then

meaning Mert and I are any combo of doc/quack, quack/quack, or doc/doc.
(
italics added
)
You are trying to confuse everyone again about the rules: please make deduction based on the real rules! Your way of misinterpreting the rules at page 10 is a scumtell. Even if you would not have missed the combos including scum.
what indy had to wrote:CKD is a quack-
meaning Mert and I are any combo of doc/quack, doc/doc, scum/doc, scum/scum.
Mert and indy cannot be together quack if CKD is not scum
I don't see why CKD couldn't be a regular doctor, there is actually no way to tell why to tell if he is real doc or a quack doc. Let's say you, JDodge and Dral are the quacks the only thing that follows is that Mert is no quack or CKD is scum.

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by Hjallti »

what indy had to wrote:CKD is a quack-
meaning Mert and I are any combo of doc/quack, doc/doc, scum/doc, scum/scum or scum/quack.
I inserted scum quack which also is possible if FeRnAnDo's night choice was the same. Basically only the combo quack/quack is not in this list for it takes two doctors to erase their double effect and there is only one doc that didn't tell us his night choice.

mod: may we assume FeRnAnDo was no quack from the night scene?

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Hjallti »

in the next week i'll try to check, but it won't be much.
just to be sure
unvote

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hjallti wrote: @Dral and Battle Mage:following without contribution is a scumtell and noted!
I am not following anyone. I'm reading the thread as often as possible, but unfortunately there isn't a great deal to go on today. I think from tomorrow onwards, we may be able to lynch logically by stories that don't add up.
However today we need to take a gut-shot, and i'm genuinely not sure enough of anyone to really place a decent vote at this stage.

I feel Hjallti is town from recent posts, but other than that i probably need a critical reread. :p

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:21 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Battle Mage wrote:
Hjallti wrote: @Dral and Battle Mage:following without contribution is a scumtell and noted!
I am not following anyone. I'm reading the thread as often as possible, but unfortunately there isn't a great deal to go on today. I think from tomorrow onwards, we may be able to lynch logically by stories that don't add up.
However today we need to take a gut-shot, and i'm genuinely not sure enough of anyone to really place a decent vote at this stage.

I feel Hjallti is town from recent posts, but other than that i probably need a critical reread. :p

BM
I believe he meant that reading the thread and not posting is scummy, implying that you're purposely not getting involved in conversation to avoid suspicion. It's borderline WIFOM in my opinion.

Today has been hard to have a good reason to post in my opinion, moreso the last week realworld weeks as people are keep heading out on vacation (Which I understand since it's summer and all)
For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

back sort of, need a couple days to unpack and and catch up
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 am

Post by theopor_COD »

ControlledBurn wrote:I believe he meant that reading the thread and not posting is scummy, implying that you're purposely not getting involved in conversation to avoid suspicion. It's borderline WIFOM in my opinion.
Disagree. Not getting involved is scummy. It's as if you've got something to hide. Posts like I'm here but have nothing to comment on rile me, as town make something happen, pressurize someone, prod poke etc. Otherwise we won't get anywhere.

Let's say we all decide to sit follow the thread and not do anything, the only people this favours is the scum.
ControlledBurn wrote:Today has been hard to have a good reason to post in my opinion
Hard reason to post? You can join Dral and Battle Mage in the camp of willing but not able to promote discussion, at least with the Indy/Mert spat it got some juices flowing.

And whilst I'm on the warpath where is everyone else.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

OK, read the thread while I was away…throwing my thoughts out there….man, there is nothing like a vacation to make you look at something in a different way. Now I am going to reread what I missed and give a page by page analysis. This is one of the easier games I have to look over, not much has happened here in a week.

The rest of Page 8:
Nothing really, some misunderstandings and worthless posts.
Page 9:
JDodge wants to lynch Indy than Jordan.
Discussion on JDodge’s playstyle(mostly between JDodge and Hjallti), might be worth some metagaming to compare and get a point of reference on JDodge. Is he stating this so we do not think his playstyle is suspicious? Don’t know. Ameliali mentions that he is not playing like he normally does, advises him that playing differently may indicate a different role. How does he normally play? What was his role in that game (if it has ended)? JDodge does not like metagaming, interesting. Mert does not have a problem with his play style.
Conversation between Mert and Indy why they “protected” me night zero. Noted that Indy gave two explanations why he protected me.
Page 10:
Getting better, Theo does the leg work and posts the list of “protections”:
theopor_COD wrote:
This is for my own benefit for later on –
AmeliaLi - protected JDodge
curiouskarmadog - protected No One
theo - protected Jordan
Hjallti - protected Jordan
Jordan - protected Mert
Indy - protected curiouskarmadog
Dral - protected Fernando
Mert - protected curiouskarmadog
JDodge - protected Mert
BM - protected Mert
ControlledBurn - protected Hjallti
I think it might be important too, to note who provided this information and when. Will try to do this sometime in the next 72 hours if I get a moment…Understanding the game now, I am wishing I had “protected” someone night 0.
Hjallti says lists will be useful after Day 1…He will be looking for scumtells for a Day 1 lynch. Notes a scumtell for BM and Dral.
Indy provides some odd assumptions on the two people that “protected” me. None of which makes much since, and is caught rather quickly by Dral and Hjallti.
BM thinks Hjallti is town. Not a lot has happened…and nothing has changed my view of Dral…so I shall resume my vote..

Vote Dral, FoS Mert

Nothing has changed since I was last here, except I did not really like JDodge’s explanation of why he is playing oddly
I agree with Hjallti, the list is important but I think we need to press scumtells day 1 for a lynch. Thinking about this game while I was away I admit that not protecting Night 0 is an easy ploy for scum, however, I think any claim of protection is an easy claim in Day 1, and will not be making that mistake Night 1. I have previously stated why I think Dral is scummy (please reread 152).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Dral »

theopor_COD wrote:Let's say we all decide to sit follow the thread and not do anything, the only people this favours is the scum.
I think what you are missing is I was active and posting. But, after no one responds to my posts or says anything else, I think I can legitimately say "nothing else has happened worth posting about". Alot of people are very inactive in this game. It is dreadfully slow. Heck, Jdodge just says its his new playstyle to not post and not be helpful to the town. Everyone said they were fine with that. I don't think you can say I am giving a scum tell wen nobody is active in this game.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Dral »

After looking at Jdodge's post, he makes no sense. He is trying a new playstyle on a quack game? How could he even do that? We only have scum, quacks and docs. He can't be trying new doc tactics because we pretty much know everyone thinks they are docs. The only way he could try a new playstyle is if he was scum, unless he specializes in quack games on another board. :)
unvote: curiouskarmadog
vote: JDodge
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

Dral wrote:After looking at Jdodge's post, he makes no sense. He is trying a new playstyle on a quack game? How could he even do that? We only have scum, quacks and docs. He can't be trying new doc tactics because we pretty much know everyone thinks they are docs. The only way he could try a new playstyle is if he was scum, unless he specializes in quack games on another board. :)
unvote: curiouskarmadog
vote: JDodge
WIFOM

Lynch Indy, then Dral.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Aimee »

Vote Count!

Dral - 2 (JDodge, curiouskarmadog)

curiouskarmadog - 2 (Mert)
Battle Mage - 1 (JordanA24)
Hjallti - 1 (Battle Mage)
Mert - 1 (Indy)
JDodge - 1 (Dral)

Not Voting - 5 (ControlledBurn, Hjallti, theopor_COD, AmeliaLi, )

6 to lynch.
Hjallti wrote:mod: may we assume FeRnAnDo was no quack from the night scene?
I cannot reveal this. The decision is that both Doctors and Quacks will be labelled "Doctor". In short, there is no way to work out from the night scene whether FeRnAnDo was a Doctor or a Quack.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Aimee wrote:
Hjallti wrote:mod: may we assume FeRnAnDo was no quack from the night scene?
I cannot reveal this. The decision is that both Doctors and Quacks will be labelled "Doctor". In short, there is no way to work out from the night scene whether FeRnAnDo was a Doctor or a Quack.
crap. thats going to make it alot harder to use the information we have.
:(

oh and
Unvote

I think the vote count may be wrong, as i don't remember any roles in the game having multiple votes-even Mert! :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:24 am

Post by JDodge »

Er, meant Dral - Then Indy. Sorry.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:25 am

Post by Dral »

Aimee wrote:
wow. This gives the scum a huge advantage. We now have no way to catch them in a lie. They will always be able to say they must be a quack. We should have been told this at the beginning. Every game I have seen, the real role was revealed at death. A miserable game just got worst. Please, go ahead and lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”