Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Adel »

Now when he continues to drop decent scum tells, people will be more more than likely to dismiss kravhen's posts as newbie noise and not mistake them genuine proof of scum. I think he is pretty close to lynch proof now.

It may be lazy of me, but I'm resorting to using my vote to pressure Blue Zebra into posting more. CTD parking his vote on BZ is a null tell for CTD and his replacement. I'm looking at the kindling and waiting for the fire to start.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote: It may be lazy of me, but I'm resorting to using my vote to pressure Blue Zebra into posting more. CTD parking his vote on BZ is a null tell for CTD and his replacement. I'm looking at the kindling and waiting for the fire to start.
Maybe I'm not interperting this right, but you're voting BZ to get posting, but you're also expecting a fire? An inane vote coupled with expectations for a major reaction is just... confusing.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Adel »

I meant that i expect this game to get quite a bit more interesting over the next couple of pages. I'm happy making an inane pressure vote on Blue Zebra because he really does need to post more. I am always suspicious of players who seem to be through and precise editors.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

What? Like grammatical editing? Then why aren't you suspicious of me in all our games. I feel I am fairly skilled in the ways of grammar; (I can even manage most of it on the fly, without editing). Maybe my old school use of commas (i.e. lots of them) strikes you as ungrammatical.

[/off-topic]
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

GEEZ ITS LIKE YOU PEOPLE ARE ONLINE EVERY HOUR LOL
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by kravhen »

Adel wrote:Now when he continues to drop decent scum tells, people will be more more than likely to dismiss kravhen's posts as newbie noise and not mistake them genuine proof of scum. I think he is pretty close to lynch proof now.
You could be right. Sometimes people tend to consider newbieness as a factor for unusual posts, perhaps scared to lynch a newb townie. My position is split. I agree newbieness might effect one's playstyle, but I'm against the idea of using that reason too much. I'm not sure how "lynch proof" I really am, probably less than you think. No one should be lynch proof, ever, but in this case I don't really want to argue about it too much since me being "lynch proof" like you say is actually a good thing to town, since I am not scum.

I've still got my eye on you Adel, but don't feel "defeated" and that your "efforts have been in vain" or whatever, because I'm town, and your efforts at getting me lynched would only have been in vain if I was scum. Unless you are scum and your true intentions were never to get me lynched. *WIFOM alarm goes off*

/end post
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Adel wrote: I meant that i expect this game to get quite a bit more interesting over the next couple of pages. I'm happy making an inane pressure vote on Blue Zebra because he really does need to post more. I am always suspicious of players who seem to be through and precise editors.
People who are precise and thorough editors are so despite the roles they have. If a person is generally a precise and thorough editor, he will do so while playing townie as well as scum. How does this classify as any kind of scum tell?
I'm back!
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:39 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I don't think that's what Adel is saying at all. It's not about grammar and spelling mistakes - it's about the emotion in and the tone of a post. Scum will re-read their posts to make sure that everything sounds just right. Townies are more likely to not care if their post is perfectly polished and may very well make a couple slip-ups.

The problem is that I think this reduces to the "too townie" fallacy, i.e. "your posting is perfect, therefore you're scummy."
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

Patrick wrote:Why did you choose to make this joke vote exactly?
He decided he didn't like joke votes, so I joke voted him.
Adel wrote:Now when he continues to drop decent scum tells, people will be more more than likely to dismiss kravhen's posts as newbie noise and not mistake them genuine proof of scum. I think he is pretty close to lynch proof now.
The reason I don't think he's scum is that, besides the occasional scum tell, he is acting pro-town. If it continues the way it is now, he would not only make more occasional scum tells, but would also continue to act pro-town.
Adel wrote:It may be lazy of me, but I'm resorting to using my vote to pressure Blue Zebra into posting more. CTD parking his vote on BZ is a null tell for CTD and his replacement. I'm looking at the kindling and waiting for the fire to start.
Why pressure me rather than ABR? He needs to talk more, but doesn't have much pressure on him right now. Are you just voting for me because I already have votes on me?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Patrick »

I think Adel is overstating a bit the, "Blue Zebra needs to post more content". I don't think he is undercontributing that much at all, and there are worse offenders.

Albert, mind explaining why you made post 192? It seemed to come out of nowhere.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:25 am

I was wondering what exactly do you do to get yourself lynched.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Patrick »

... When I get lynched it's because I acted scummy, or at least enough people thought so. Same as for anyone right?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:54 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I was wondering what exactly do you do to get yourself lynched.
Hmmm... ABR = Jester/Martyr?

Nah, he knows how to act scummier than this. Start posting content please.

@Kravhen: From your supposedly "lynch-proof" position, do you have any suspicions you would like to voice? I feel it's always handy to have a few townies above total scrutiny because it allows more unorthodox ideas to surface.

Not many people are pinging my scumdar right now. I think I was right about BZ's leaning towards concise yet helpful posting, and Adel seems to be playing her most conventional here out of all our other games, though I would like to take a second look before I go on:

Vacation (21st-1st) with no internet access.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:33 am

I was speaking to Patrick, not you.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:07 am

Post by kravhen »

Obviously I'm still suspicious of Adel but I'm trying to look for another scummie right now, still debating whether Adel's aggressivity is either a grudge against me or she's ticked that she's been pointed out so fast.

I think the whole thing about joke votes are kinda unneeded right now. SirT is sending some scummy vibes because of the way he explained his "playstyle" and I still got my eyes on pickemgenius until he starts "beating" some people's shit, or whatever. Letting someone do shit on their own and then beating them a bit more sounds like SirT's "let them get a few votes first then hit them after".
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Atticus »

"No new votes?"
Vote Count

Blue Zebra
(3):
Albert B. Rampage, Adel, CrashTextDummie

deadscilent
(2):
Erotomachia, NabakovNabakov

Erotomachia
(1):
deadscilent

Sir Tornado
(1):
Patrick

camisade
(1):
pickemgenius

Not Voting (4): kravhen, Blue Zebra, Sir Tornado, camisade

Searching for replacements on CrashTextDummie and NabakovNabakov.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:48 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I was speaking to Patrick, not you.
If you post in the thread, you're speaking to the town. It just seemed like an odd comment to make. You said something odd and explained it with a cryptic statement about getting yourself lynched (though I might have been applying "yourself" to the wrong person). In an unrelated matter, do you still like your vote on BZ? (Goes for Adel too).
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:59 am

Yea I like my vote, and yes I was talking to Patrick about Patrick, so it has nothing to do with Jester/whatever your theory was.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Adel »

Blue Zebra wrote:
The reason I don't think he's scum is that, besides the occasional scum tell, he is acting pro-town. If it continues the way it is now, he would not only make more occasional scum tells, but would also continue to act pro-town.

Is this the kind of posting the other players are referring to as "content"?
Blue Zebra wrote:
Adel wrote:It may be lazy of me, but I'm resorting to using my vote to pressure Blue Zebra into posting more. CTD parking his vote on BZ is a null tell for CTD and his replacement. I'm looking at the kindling and waiting for the fire to start.
Why pressure me rather than ABR? He needs to talk more, but doesn't have much pressure on him right now. Are you just voting for me because I already have votes on me?
I'm not pressuring ABR because I know him from previous games, and I have a feel for how he plays and I need less information to have an opinion of his scumminess. I'm watching him, and if I find something particularly scummy about him I won't hesitate to share. I am voting for you pretty much just because you already have votes, I think you could use the spotlight for a while.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Sorry, busy day yesterday, and a pretty busy one today aswell.

*need to do shit for sure though tonight barring something awkward like last night*

- want to hear from Camisade aswell since i'm still liking my vote right now.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

NOTE: This will probably be my last post in this game.
--------------
Erotomachia wrote:Blue Zebra has already voted for 4 different players (although I guess the first three were all random votes?), so I'm not sure how much weight you can place on that single vote.
Yes indeed, he has been moving his vote around alot, making it difficult to put much weight on any individual vote. I find that troubling. Don't you?
Blue Zebra wrote:@CTD: While I can see why you'd think otherwise, my vote on camisade was, in fact, not serious.
I find that incredibly hard to believe. Your 3 previous votes were clearly marked as joke-votes, and this one wasn't. That's a clear change in your modus operandi, if nothing else.

Also, the timing of your vote is peculiar, for reasons already stated. As for this:
Blue Zebra wrote:He decided he didn't like joke votes, so I joke voted him.
Camisade said that he's not gonna vote until there's good reason for suspicion. No where does he even mention joke votes (or a dislike thereof). I cannot fathom at all how someone could take that post as an invitation for a "joke vote".

I think you're lying, kthxdie.

Patrick is giving me funny feelings in this game, and it's not the good kind. I find it somewhat amusing that ABR would mention how Patrick always seems town (which is true most of the time), yet he doesn't seem like town in this game, at least not to me. That's not to say that he feels like scum either, but he's not oozing townliness like he usually does (which is in virtually every game he is town in). I find him to be somewhat subdued in his approach so far, and not as sharp in his analyses as usual. Keep a close eye on him, please.

I don't have any strong feelings about anyone else, so I'll leave it at that. Treat my replacement well.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Patrick »

CTD wrote:Patrick is giving me funny feelings in this game, and it's not the good kind. I find it somewhat amusing that ABR would mention how Patrick always seems town (which is true most of the time), yet he doesn't seem like town in this game, at least not to me. That's not to say that he feels like scum either, but he's not oozing townliness like he usually does (which is in virtually every game he is town in). I find him to be somewhat subdued in his approach so far, and not as sharp in his analyses as usual. Keep a close eye on him, please.
I don't fully agree with the meta, although I can see where you're coming from. Not every game where I've been protown have I "oozed townliness". I have afterall been lynched twice as town, for playing badly and going after the wrong people among other things. There are others where I've not been lynched but didn't look all that protown either. I agree I've been semi lazy in this game so far. If you were voting or FoSing me for this, I'd probably accuse you of some kind of logical fallacy (burden of...?). Thanks for explaining it though.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

^^ I believe we could call that the "Not Town Enough" fallacy (More formally: The Burden of Competence). I've never played with him, but if Patrick is usually a very pro-town seeming player, then being somewhat less pro-town seeming is a slight point against him, but it would take some actual evidence of him being scum (not just less pro-town) to convince me of anything other than that he might be off his game.

@Adel: I don't like how you feel the need to play Sound and Light crew in this game. IMO, trying to focus the town on one specific player seems scummy, good scum-hunters should follow many leads. To a certain extent, focusing on one player and then leaving smacks of rolefishing.

Gone 21st to 1st. Don't remember if I posted that in this thread.
Unvote
(even though my vote was on another absentee iirc)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:59 am

Post by camisade »

pickemgenius wrote:Sorry, busy day yesterday, and a pretty busy one today aswell.

*need to do shit for sure though tonight barring something awkward like last night*

- want to hear from Camisade aswell since i'm still liking my vote right now.
I don't even understand what the basis for your vote is (considering you gave no reason) besides that I called you a Village Idiot because you posted nothing but nonsense until CTD showed up.
CrashTextDummie wrote:
Blue Zebra wrote:@CTD: While I can see why you'd think otherwise, my vote on camisade was, in fact, not serious.
I find that incredibly hard to believe. Your 3 previous votes were clearly marked as joke-votes, and this one wasn't. That's a clear change in your modus operandi, if nothing else.

Also, the timing of your vote is peculiar, for reasons already stated. As for this:
Blue Zebra wrote:He decided he didn't like joke votes, so I joke voted him.
Camisade said that he's not gonna vote until there's good reason for suspicion. No where does he even mention joke votes (or a dislike thereof). I cannot fathom at all how someone could take that post as an invitation for a "joke vote".
I was being serious. I don't dislike joke votes, but I don't think I really "get" the humor cuz none of the stuff seems very funny to me.

I'm going to
Vote: Albert B. Rampage
because he does nothing but confuse me and I want answers for his odd behavior.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:00 pm

Zzzz

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”