Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

1. What are your thoughts on Lateralus?

I think he's town. I think he should claim at this point, but I'm not sure.

2. Who do you think is most likely to be town at the moment?

Lateralus, I guess. He seems too newbie-ish to be using any sort of tactic.

Day 3, Fourth official vote count:

Paradoxombie (1): somestrangeflea
Aimee (1): Thesp
gorckat (1): Paradoxombie

Not voting: Peter Venkman, Occult, Aimee, Lateralus, gorckat

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Sefer »

Just noting that deadline is in one week. I'll be considering an extension a few days before, so posting often between now and Monday will be in the best interests of anyone who wants the deadline extended.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:39 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Due to my recent post about my lowering suspicions of Lateralus, I'm going to
Unvote
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Thesp »

gorckat wrote:Thesp- you say flea's attack on Lat feels off. What about mine?
It felt more natural, even if I think it misguided - however that changed as I read more and caught up. See below.
Peter Venkman wrote:Are you kidding me? In what way does a deadline benefit the town?

Did you all forget about day one?

-Peter
If a deadline gets us moving, I'm good with that.
gorckat wrote:vote: paradoxombie

You're appealing to emotion way to hard.
This feels very OMGUSy, previous vote notwithstanding.
gorckat wrote:Really? Peter made up my mind for me?

Golly gee...I guess all the suspicions that I'd previously voiced about DS don't exist. Maybe some of that speculation that got zipped off into nowhere helped convince Peter...

It's also interesting that you go after the person who put DS at -2, not the -1 or the lynch. I haven't gone after Occult except with more than a FoS, but lat I was voting till your colon started spewing into the thread.
There's more to quote, but there's too much, and much of it has the same feel.

This feels exceedingly defensive and snippy. I get a real feeling of "How dare you accuse me of being scummy, when I haven't let on anything!" It feels really out of place to me, and makes a whole heck of a lot of sense from scumGorckat.
Occult wrote:Christ after that exchange I really want to vote Pzombie.
Hmm. I had the
opposite
reaction.

*reads, growls at Lateralus*

Aimee wrote:1. How was Thespival?
2. Why do you believe Lateralus is town?
3. What are your thoughts on gorckat?
1. Unbelievably awesome.
2. No.
3. See above. I'm
very
wary of him, and would like to see him swing today. My strong suspicions of his townieness have entirely disappeared.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:36 am

Post by gorckat »

Thesp wrote:
gorckat wrote:Really? Peter made up my mind for me?

Golly gee...I guess all the suspicions that I'd previously voiced about DS don't exist. Maybe some of that speculation that got zipped off into nowhere helped convince Peter...

It's also interesting that you go after the person who put DS at -2, not the -1 or the lynch. I haven't gone after Occult except with more than a FoS, but lat I was voting till your colon started spewing into the thread.
There's more to quote, but there's too much, and much of it has the same feel.

This feels exceedingly defensive and snippy. I get a real feeling of "How dare you accuse me of being scummy, when I haven't let on anything!" It feels really out of place to me, and makes a whole heck of a lot of sense from scumGorckat.
Fair criticism. At that point I felt like I was beating my head against and wall and having my words twisted around.

There was a point in this and another game I was letting my emotions run hot and forgetting the 'game' part. In this game, I actually thought being an ass the way I was would push xombie into a blatant slip.

I'm not thick-skinned enough to maintain that kind of behavior, and xombie seems to be town so it was doomed to fail period.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Aimee »

I'm a bit disappointed by those that didn't answer my questions, but with the deadline coming I felt it was best to just press on. Here's my thoughts on each player:

John/TeamQuiggan/Lateralus

John was scummy. Early on, he pressured Guardian by voting for him “just cause it might quiet him down a bit”, which is scummy. Furthermore, he actually pressured lurkers, even though he was essentially lurking in plain sight, and not providing information himself. During the early stages, he also voted hopped quite a bit, moving between several lurker targets and Guardian. A prime example of his early posts is the following:
John wrote:I'm posting to show im not lurking, but have no information at this time to contribute. Everyone is bringing up logical points, and I am unable to tell who I should trust. I'll try to come up with something by tonite.
He also didn't tend to read the thread much and was pretty careless. In post 247, he votes for Peter by using the "too townie" argument, something that had already been discussed and affirmed as weak reasoning. As Occult said in the next post: “You’re being hypocritical and using BS reasoning.” And this post also jumped on the Peter wagon that was forming. His post 302 is similarly odd - he points to a Peter/Avinyl partnership, but gives no reasons (when pressured, he finally says this is merely because they are his top two suspects, which is obviously flawed logic.) He also voted for Thesp because of his playstyle, yet showed no indication of actually finding him scummy, yet eventually conceeds this was his reasoning for voting and notably refuses to remove it. This is not pro-town play.

After a while, TeamQuiggan replaces in and gives a fairly wishy-washy analysis, not really taking a stand on much. He later joined the VKR wagon at the end of Day 1. Interestingly, and not particularly surprisingly, he comes out on Day 2 criticising those who essentially led the wagon against VKR, which seems to be like backpeddling. This was probably the most important thing about TQ's time in the game.

Lateralus jumps in a while later, saying Peter is acting odd, but not saying why. He also basically admits he is going to lurk (sitting back and waiting for others to give their opinions). He also jumps on the Paradoxombie wagon, without giving reasons. Notably throughout Day 2 he gives no fresh analysis. I find this incredibly suspicious. Day 3, he jumps in saying Zombie is innocent, and actually appearing pro-town with his suspicion of Zombie. Later hints at Zombie's innocence again.

Overall, until his recent hints, I would have been perfectly comfortable saying Lateralus was scum. Now, I think it would be best to keep him around.

Occult

First thing in my notes on Occult is his opportunistic FoS of Vryklan on page 6. Hypocritically, one page later, he says that Vry shouldn't have four votes and all the suspicion against him because of lurking, even though Occult expressed suspicion against Vry too. Unfortunately, I wrote that that post (156) was scummy, although I didn't write why in my notes. I assume this was because of the above hypocrisy. Later he says Guardian is the mostsuspicious, yet his reasoning is weak and vague. His vague and non-committal nature is shown by post 186, where he goes after Avinyl for pretty vague reasons.

My early suspicion of Occult is most accurately described by Guardian, who said: "My accusation of Occult, however, which he has not addressed, is that of going with the flow on all his voting/fos's, and not independently targeting anyone.” Guardian further went on to say: “…and honestly I see you as trying to divert attention from yourself and to whoever is convenient to lynch or interrogate.” This opinion is emphasised by the way he later goes after Avi/Ichigo on page 11/12, showing he does seem to go after easy targets and lurkers.

I don't have anything else on Occult for a while, although I did note he seemed to defend Thesp when Thesp replaced in. And his non-committal nature is emphasised by post 509:
Occult wrote:Sorry about my slight absence.

First, I don't like Deathsauce's vote on CTD.

Secound, I'm gonna go ahead and
vote paradoxzombie

I see the case on VRK, also I didn't completly like his last post but, so it doesn't seem like I'm avoiding a stance on the issue, I'll say I don't think there's enough for his lynch.
Instead of explaining his suspicions on VKR, he just seems to be going with the flow. I find it interesting that he doesn't want to "seem like I'M avoiding a stance on the issue," showing perhaps his motives.

Sometime during this period (my notes are unclear), he says that he finds Zombie, Peter and pickem suspicious, yet doesn't give reasons. This is later founded when he jumps on the Zombie wagon without reason in 622, and when pushed still gives no reason in 624. Also something very interesting to note is that Occult didn't take a side on the VKR/Peter debate. I find this non-committal edge to him very scummy.

On Day 2, while still having given no reasons, he says he is for a Zombie lynch. He asks questions that others have already asked. Occult gives baseless statements (682) about his reasoning concerning being suspicious of Zombie. 683 – describes his posts, but doesn’t explain them or draw any conclusions. Agrees with Paradox’s defence, even though it is still very flawed. He finally hammers DS without reason, something I find incredibly suspicious at the moment.

Day 3: even though people found it suspicious, he doesn't explain why he hammered, instead giving another vague opinion, this time on Lateralus. He wants a deadline, and says the exchange between Paradox and gorckat/SSF leaves him wanting to vote Paradox. I unequivocally disagree with this - it leaves me with the complete opposite.

To conclude, I could very easily see Occult as scum at this point, and would not hesitate to apply pressure on him.

gorckat

I don't have very much information on gorckat. Early on, he wanted to go after lurkers, yet became a lurker after that. In post 413, he finally gives some concrete suspicions against Guardian, Peter, John and Thesp. He points out Paradoxombie's weak reasoning, and I do agree with lots of his reasoning about pickem on page 21. I don't like his vote against VKR, though - he basically didn't provide any reasoning and just jumped on the bandwagon. This definitely caught my eye on Day 1

He has some pretty random speculation on page 637, where he wrote that only one scum was on the VKR wagon, although I have no idea how he got this, and this could be a way of clearing himself. He also voted Death Sauce, jumping on the bandwagon against him. I find this noteworthy and scummy, especially since SSF and Occult seem to be getting the blame for his lynch, yet gorckat is almost as responsible for it.

He has remained suspicious of Paradoxombie (and now SSF, though interestingly not Occult). Whilst at the beginning, I was happy with this, I now think it is scummy he went after Paradox so obviously on Day 3 and I really dislike his vote on him.

I could easily see gorckat as clever scum, hiding. And I could see Occult definitely as his partner - note they had said barely anything about each other previously, which is why I asked them both about each other.

Thesp

I love Thesp's playstyle - it is pretty aggressive, yet eloquent. I'm actually finding him pretty pro-town at the moment - I find his observations are often spot on.

Some notable things about Thesp - he came in saying "VRK and Vry are scum, as are Peter and Occult, but not together. John is the SK," yet doesn't mention Mustafa (myself), gorckat, Raffles/SSF or Zombie. Seems odd to me. I also wrote that he defends Occult (I'm not really seeing what I meant, judging by their later interactions) and attacks Raffles, and was firmly on the VRK wagon, which seems understandab;e since he was probably the first person to finger him as scummy.

Day 2, he comes out and votes for Mustafa (having not mentioned him at all Day 1), TQ (which I agree with), and DS (who I remember he had a positive opinion on in Day 1.) Later, he says TQ isn't suspicious, but I would vehemently disagree with this. Even though John was more suspicious than TQ, TQ was suspicious as well, something Thesp doesn't really say.

I find his thoughts on Paradox interesting - he says here he would be happy to let Paradox swing, but says he didn't like the case against him initially (why?). Under 20 posts later, he has a complete u-turn and says he would be unhappy with a Paradox lynch. Day 3, he hasn't made much of an impact, although I agree with his points that Lateralus and Peter aren't scum, and I like his points against gorckat.

Even though I have a few issues with Thesp, I couldn't really see him as scum at the moment.

Peter Venkman

I don't really understand why every argument in Day 1 is WIFOM - I hope Peter can enlighten me when he gets back. His outlook seems relatively one-dimensional - he says in posts 215 and 219 that scum basically have one way of acting, which is completely wrong. Another example is this line: "A good townie is a patient townie." I also don't see how not pointing out scum tells is at all pro-town...

He seems pretty consistently suspicious of Guardian/pickem throughout Day 1, and I'm not sure I like how resolute he was that Guardian was scum. Overall, I found that he contributed mainly to theory and not discussion in Day 1, until the VKR debate. I also wrote in my notes that in post 421 he voted for John without reasoning, which is scummy.

To be honest, I have basically no idea what to think about Peter, concerning the VRK debate - on one hand I agree with those that say VKR wasn't scummy, but at the same time I do think that Peter was justifiably on the bandwagon, and had reason and justification for his vote. Also, I sense that he wanted to lynch VRK for more informational purposes, as he wrote in post 449.

VKR labelled Peter as anti-town. His response is in 532. He says he is pro-town because he contributed the most posts (lots of which were devoted to theory), pressing the most players (I disagree) and is aggressively hunting scum (I would also disagree – isn’t this the guy who ignores scum-tells?) I also wrote that post 550 is WIFOM, but at this point I have been doing this for almost 2 hours so I am not going back to check (my definition of WIFOM is sometimes pretty skewed, so I could be wrong).

Day 2 sees a notable fall in activity from Peter. He seems almost apologetic in his first post, and then basically becomes the "lurker police". I don't see any real scum hunting going on. In post 691, he says scum wouldn’t vote for VKR, and therefore suspects Mustafa, Raffles, Zombie and Death Sauce. Interestingly, Gorckat and Occult are conveniently ignored from this list. Also, why wouldn't scum vote for VKR? And Day 3 he basically says he doesn't have a clue and is hiding.

Overall, I don't really know what to think of Peter. I could see him as town or scum at the moment.

Zombie

He provides no content on arrival. This is scummy. Paradox comes in and votes Guardian for the same reason everyone else is (I wonder if he actually knows what that is…) When pressured, he gives reasons: Guardian has been vocal (not scummy), and he has given off more tells than anyone else (though doesn’t say what the tells are). Overall, typical scum explanation for a vote. Don’t like post 309.

Jumps on the Avinyl wagon, saying he won’t come back. This is scummy and puts Avi at -1. He is heavily bandwagoning. Also, what’s the point? If someone won’t come back, they will get replaced. They don’t need votes. This is illogical. Don’t like post 367 – he jumps against Thesp. Interestingly, he points out how Thesp said Guardian was town, and not any other thoughts about Vel-Rahn Koon or Vryklan, or more interestingly Occult and Peter.

Post 399 Paradox revotes Guardian. Note that until then he had given no reasons for his vote. When asked for reasons, he said “same as before”, which basically means he had no reasons. When pressured for reasons, he says no. Scummy.

470 – Also, he doesn’t seem to respond to people who notice this, instead just unvoting, and then proposing people list people they find scummy and they come to a mutual decision. Five days before a deadline? Scummy. Never gonna happen.

I also find it scummy how he says nothing on the VKR debate.

605 – Zombie says he only votes in non deadline situations. Why not voting in a deadline? This is highly illogical.

Day 2, he immediately puts a FoS on Death Sauce wit no reasoning. (636) Explains his FoS in 650 – I don’t understand his reasoning. His reasoning he reaffirms in 653, which basically is where it is confirmed WIFOM. He finds Gorckat’s dismissal of his weak points suspicious – basically an OMGUS (664) 669 – He admits he doesn’t want to be scrutinised for being on a bad wagon. SCUMMY. OMGUS attack on Gorckat around page 29. 725 – lazy. Basically admits he can’t bothered. Useless town or scum. 781 – tries to justify his votes and fails miserably.

Day 3, I find him far more town. I actually agree with his suspicion against gorckat, Occult and SSF. And I agree with his post 919 against SSF. From what Lateralus has said I willing to bed Paradox is simply a scummy townie.

Sorry, this was a bit crap, but I hope it explains all of Paradox's actions that I find suspicious, even if it is a bit of a summary.

Somestrangeflea

I'll say something interesting about Raffles tomorrow. Basically I found he was active and aggressive, then fizzled out.

Post 804 – SSF joins. Says John/TQ/Lateralus didn’t give any particular vibe (disagree, very scummy). Says Death Sauce is aggressive, yet says he is neutral (I would say scummy.) Says Occult seems to know what he is doing (???), and says gorckat seems like a genuinely nice guy and pro-town (no explanation). He found Mustafa like Occult, and didn’t agree with Thesp on some things (yet doesn’t clarify what he means). He doesn’t like Peter’s attitude (what about his actions?), and says Paradox is scummy, yet doesn’t say why, and says he can’t really get a vibe from CTD. Overall, the perfect scum entrance – is unsure about basically everyone and says one person is scummy. Incredibly non-committal.

Interestingly in post 842, he changes his stance on gorckat completely and says that Lateralus and gorckat seem like a scum-pair. No reasons are given. Jumps on the DS bandwagon. When later asked why he is on the DS wagon, he says “the same reasons you are…”

Day 3 he jumps in and votes Lateralus, as well as throwing suspicion against Zombie. Wants a deadline, which I find scummy. I don’t really like his convenient Paradox vote.

Ya, that's it for now. I would be fine with a gorckat, Occult or SSF lynch for the moment. Not sure about a vote for the now. I'll see how people respond to this before anything.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 am

Post by gorckat »

Wow. Awesome effort, even if you end up scum :P

Here's how I see things:

If lat's town, so's xombie (which upends where I was on things, as I've said). I actually like the way Thesp has called me out and think he's on the town's side. Aimee's analysis seems solid. Peter could be scum sitting back and letting us nail an innocent without having to push for anything. Occult seems a little dicey to me. flea most resembles scum to me right now.

vote: flea

Most of this is based on intution and gut over interactions and actions day 3.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Self-defense FTW!
Aimee wrote:
Somestrangeflea

I'll say something interesting about Raffles tomorrow. Basically I found he was active and aggressive, then fizzled out.

Post 804 – SSF joins. Says John/TQ/Lateralus didn’t give any particular vibe (disagree, very scummy). Says Death Sauce is aggressive, yet says he is neutral (I would say scummy.) Says Occult seems to know what he is doing (???), and says gorckat seems like a genuinely nice guy and pro-town (no explanation). He found Mustafa like Occult, and didn’t agree with Thesp on some things (yet doesn’t clarify what he means). He doesn’t like Peter’s attitude (what about his actions?), and says Paradox is scummy, yet doesn’t say why, and says he can’t really get a vibe from CTD. Overall, the perfect scum entrance – is unsure about basically everyone and says one person is scummy. Incredibly non-committal.

Interestingly in post 842, he changes his stance on gorckat completely and says that Lateralus and gorckat seem like a scum-pair. No reasons are given. Jumps on the DS bandwagon. When later asked why he is on the DS wagon, he says “the same reasons you are…”

The interaction between Lateralus and Gorckat seemed a bit too "Do what I say, and you'll blend in fine..." I didn't "change [my] stance on gorckat completely". I made clear that my suspicions were weak, and I later admitted that my suspicions were based on "Guilt by association."

As for DeathSauce, I didn't think there was any explantion needed that wouldn't involve repetition. But, since you asked, I agreed with the others, that the idea of "flailing" was incredibly scummy.

Day 3 he jumps in and votes Lateralus, as well as throwing suspicion against Zombie.

Well why wouldn't I? Don't you think it would be incredibly inconsistent if I voted for someone else? It was a continuation of my list from Day 2.

Wants a deadline, which I find scummy.

Well, so did Occult and gorckat. Are they beyond the reach of your suspicion?

I don’t really like his convenient Paradox vote.

Convenient? How so?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by Aimee »

I'll do that thing where my comments are in red or blue or somethin'.
somestrangeflea wrote:Self-defense FTW!
Aimee wrote:
Somestrangeflea

Interesting to note you didn't defend yourself about this.

The interaction between Lateralus and Gorckat seemed a bit too "Do what I say, and you'll blend in fine..." I didn't "change [my] stance on gorckat completely". I made clear that my suspicions were weak, and I later admitted that my suspicions were based on "Guilt by association."

No, I meant originally about the "change stance on gorckat". You went from in your initial analysis having him as the only clearly pro-town player, to considering him to be scummy. This is a change of stance.

As for DeathSauce, I didn't think there was any explantion needed that wouldn't involve repetition. But, since you asked, I agreed with the others, that the idea of "flailing" was incredibly scummy.

Could you expand on this?

Day 3 he jumps in and votes Lateralus, as well as throwing suspicion against Zombie.

Well why wouldn't I? Don't you think it would be incredibly inconsistent if I voted for someone else? It was a continuation of my list from Day 2.

Hmmm, ok.

Wants a deadline, which I find scummy.

Well, so did Occult and gorckat. Are they beyond the reach of your suspicion?

Nope, I gave them the same criticism.

I don’t really like his convenient Paradox vote.

Convenient? How so?

Seems pretty convenient that you are going down on Paradox a lot lately, especially when he seemed like a prime lynching candidate (although he obviously isn't now.)
Pretty sure Occult is strategically lurking - I know he is posting elsewhere, so the fact he is ignoring this game (which is under deadline) is incredibly convenient. I would prefer an Occult lynch today.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Thesp »

gorckat wrote:I'm not thick-skinned enough to maintain that kind of behavior, and xombie seems to be town so it was doomed to fail period.
It wasn't immediately clear that the paradoxombie lynch was doomed to fail.

I'm torn between SSF, gorckat, and the reasonable assertions levelled against Occult at this moment, though gorckat's recent bit makes me feel slightly more comfortable about him over the other two. I'll be around to make sure one of these three swings. I'm still working out which one I'd rather it be, but I almost feel as though it doesn't matter, and maybe I'm right about all three.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

@Gorckat>
Why are you inclined to believe Lat? If you
really
felt strongly about Paradox his post would be sounding all sorts of alarms.
gorckat wrote:There aren't many roles I'd expect in a Normal to be able to clear someone positively.
Is this an attempt to throw doubt onto his potential role claim?
I've no idea if you should fully claim or what right now.
How would that help your opinion of him?

-Peter

P.S. I'm back from vacation.
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

gorckat wrote:
vote: flea

Most of this is based on intution and gut over interactions and actions day 3.
...and, you had a LOT of reasons for your Paradox vote. Now you are voting based on gut feelings?

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Hi Aimee, thanks for joining and doing one heck of a job catching up!

This is a very long response to your assessment of me.
Aimee wrote:Peter Venkman
I don't really understand why every argument in Day 1 is WIFOM - I hope Peter can enlighten me when he gets back.
During Day One the only players to have any factual information are scum. Arguments not based on fact are either WIFOM or gut feelings.

His outlook seems relatively one-dimensional - he says in posts 215 and 219 that scum basically have one way of acting, which is completely wrong.
This is straying off topic, I'll discuss specifics with you if you are inclined

Another example is this line: "A good townie is a patient townie."
Again, I see no fault in this. I firmly believe that MORE information is better than LESS. If a townie refuses to wait for more information, he will be making ill informed decisions. I wish I'd listened to my own advice.

I also don't see how not pointing out scum tells is at all pro-town...
I'm not a fan of "scum tells" in general, but that is for another thread. My point was based around the idea that sometimes attacking a player without giving him a complete reason can gain some useful information. For example: a nervous scum player might retaliate with OMGUS, whereas a town player would probably simply ask "why?"

He seems pretty consistently suspicious of Guardian/pickem throughout Day 1, and I'm not sure I like how resolute he was that Guardian was scum.
I made the mistake of confusing bizarre irrational behavior with scummy behavior. I made the same mistake with Deathsauce.

Overall, I found that he contributed mainly to theory
You are correct. I also vocally apologized and have since avoided game theory discussion.

and not discussion in Day 1, until the VKR debate. I also wrote in my notes that in post 421 he voted for John without reasoning, which is scummy.
Again, I'm not a fan of scum tells, I think it is better to judge a player by his reactions and disposition. I was trying to get a reaction out of John, who was lurking/playing irrationally. Based on the lynch record this game, I'll concede that my method might be severely misguided.

To be honest, I have basically no idea what to think about Peter, concerning the VRK debate - on one hand I agree with those that say VKR wasn't scummy
I don't remember any outcries against a VRK lynch
before it happened. If I'm wrong (and you think it important) I'll gladly discuss my thinking at the time

but at the same time I do think that Peter was justifiably on the bandwagon,
I think calling it a "bandwagon" is misleading, as there were only four votes. The lynch was from a vocal minority

and had reason and justification for his vote. Also, I sense that he wanted to lynch VRK for more informational purposes, as he wrote in post 449.

VKR labelled Peter as anti-town. His response is in 532. He says he is pro-town because he contributed the most posts (lots of which were devoted to theory)
I was frustrated with the participation. This game has been plagued by non-posting players and lurkers. Do we even have 50% of the original players who signed up? I was fighting to get players to post, and was very worried about scum hiding amongst the many lurking. While you are right that my mere presence doesn't make me town, at the time I felt I was one of the few players doing any scum hunting.

pressing the most players (I disagree) and is aggressively hunting scum (I would also disagree – isn’t this the guy who ignores scum-tells?)
I think the way you and I play this game are very different. I certainly don't ignore any information that has been put forth, in fact, I'm curious where you get that notion. I don't announce my every suspicion and am willing to ask questions without connecting every dot for the target. Again, I like judging reactions, and can reinforce my opinions of players using that method.

I also wrote that post 550 is WIFOM, but at this point I have been doing this for almost 2 hours so I am not going back to check (my definition of WIFOM is sometimes pretty skewed, so I could be wrong).

Day 2 sees a notable fall in activity from Peter. He seems almost apologetic in his first post, and then basically becomes the "lurker police". I don't see any real scum hunting going on.
My frustration pinnacled there. The majority of players were not posting and Day One ended with a minority lynch because of lack of involvement. Day Two was subsequently short because of a *real* bandwagon.

In post 691, he says scum wouldn’t vote for VKR
Why would they? The town was deadlined, no one was posting, and VRK had a majority. CTD couldn't have possibly predicted us to be in the situation we were in, I was the second voter, and Guardian placed the vote that pushed VRK over the edge, and he was proven town.

and therefore suspects Mustafa, Raffles, Zombie and Death Sauce. Interestingly, Gorckat and Occult are conveniently ignored from this list.
How is that convenient? Do you know something about Gorckat and Occult that I don't?

Also, why wouldn't scum vote for VKR? And Day 3 he basically says he doesn't have a clue and is hiding.
I've been on vacation, which I thought I had thoroughly explained.

Overall, I don't really know what to think of Peter. I could see him as town or scum at the moment.
-Peter
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by Aimee »

Thank you, Peter, for your thorough explanation!

I'm going to reply in a bit, but from what you have just said, I definitely understand more and have a better read on you.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:00 am

Post by gorckat »

@Thesp: What I meant was going to fail was making xombie out himself/slip-up by getting hammered on the way I was doing it.

@Peter: lat's post did set off alarms. There are some things in prior posts by him and his predecessors that helped me flip on it.
me wrote:There aren't many roles I'd expect in a Normal to be able to clear someone positively.
He had said he wouldn't claim at the moment when he cleared xombie, and I basically said we all can guess what he is/can do. He hasn't added much since then, though, which is why I wasn't sure if he should claim. If he has additional info, then it would be of use.

As for my vote on flea, I've read and re-read his posts and Raffles. I haven't had a chance to build a full-fledged case with evidence, but his actions make me think he's scum. As Aimee pointed out, his flip on me from town to scum with lat is pretty dramatic.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Aimee »

Peter's reply definitely explains things - I'm sure you will agree we have different playstyles. I think my argument on you was based primarily on your playstyle, so for that I take it back.

(For the record, when I was talking about the fact you didn't have a clue, it wasn't because you were on vacation - it was because in one of your posts on Day 3 you openly said you basically had no idea.)

Now that you are back, who do you think is scum?
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Occult »

Vote Pzombie

Didn't like Ichigo, don't like him.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:17 am

Post by Thesp »

Occult wrote:Vote Pzombie
Didn't like Ichigo, don't like him.
Unvote, Vote: Occult.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Aimee wrote:(For the record, when I was talking about the fact you didn't have a clue, it wasn't because you were on vacation - it was because in one of your posts on Day 3 you openly said you basically had no idea.)

Now that you are back, who do you think is scum?
You are right. When I said I had no idea, I really meant it too. I'm glad I waited because the following attack on Paradox and his responses was a great read.

Who do I think is scum?

SomeStrangeFlea
Gorckat
Occult

In that order.

Vote SomeStrangeFlea

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Also, Sefer has yet to undo the deadline:
WED, JULY 25th

A deadline right now is so incredibly bad. I don't even want to explain how bad it is. Just remember, with a deadline a minority of votes can win this game, and the discrepancy between Town/Scum is marginal.

-Peter
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:40 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: Occult

I'm very certain that you and Flea are two of the scum (assuming 3+).

I know its the pot calling the kettle black, but so little (none) reasoning with a vote on a person some people are clearing, that's a little icky.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Okay I've been sitting on this for a bit. As I pointed out, I've only gone specifically after gorckat because I feel I can make the best case against him. But obviously I could just as logically go after flea or occult. Well my main reason I didn't want to go after Occult was because if he said that it was simply an accident that he hammered, I would have very little to go after. Still "accidentally" hammering is pretty damn suspicious, and scum wouldn't want to be forced to go with that story. I feel that since nobody has asked Occult he chose to lay low and avoid the question(this isn't an argument just conjecture). If he really had accidentally hammered, I'm sure he would have admitted that on his own by now.

Since he was last on the wagon, I'd think there'd be a slightly higher likelyhood that he was scum althought Occult, Flea, and Gorckat are all pretty evenly scummy to me, atm. The only reason I didn't go after him immediately was I didn't want to force him to go with the accident defense. In conclusion,

Vote: Occult
IGMEOY: somestrangeflea, Gorckat

All for the reasons I've laid out recently.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:54 am

Post by gorckat »

Wow- Peter swooped in while I was composing :P

I'll go with either person- flea or Occult. I'm not their partner, but we can deal with that Day 4.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:59 am

Post by gorckat »

Heh- and after my second post, xombie jumped in :D

I agree that Occult was let off the hook hammering.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Yeah for reference, when I wrote my last post I hadn't read Peter's or Gorckat's last posts

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”