She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1646, Marquis wrote:
In post 1595, Titus wrote:@Singer,

I started that wagon on TTH with the intent of dragging him back into the game and getting involved. I'm not a big fan of actually lynching him. I'd rather focus on getting stable townreads and lynch whoever isn't actually in said group. Then we can take what we learned. I don't think much would be learned from lynching TTH. Lynching someone people are actually pushing as scum seems to be a better idea.

We also have two lynches today if we fit them both in by the day deadline.

oh

so you're one of those people too

before we potentially get into a discussion i don't want to make last any more than 1 post

please tell me why tth is not someone who "people are actually pushing as scum"

because this is a very clearcut statement and i want to know how far i can try and think about titus things before i get any repeats

also fun fact i just found out it's double day? i get townpoints for that right

I like the aggression here. Given its known I am trying to work with people, I can see scum taking advantage. This looks legit.

There have been so many posts based on pressure, Singer and Vezok's latest for instance, that I wanted to take a firm stance against that.

A lurker push tells us nothing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1653, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 1489, TellTaleHeart wrote:
That must've been some scan, because I never said I wanted to boon vezok. Ever.

You're right, you wanted to bane vezok. My mistake. It's hard to care about a wagon that's likely to dissolve once the obvious answer (I was doing other things) comes up. It's also not the wagon I'm interested in, I'm willing to wait for a lynch phase to take care of town's latest craze if it means conserving my efforts to convince on the next lynch. I'd still be fine pushing you today if you weren't betting reassurance you'll be confirmed something tomorrow. I have my doubts about your claim.

In post 1608, singersigner wrote:
What about pressure voting anyone else...like ActionDan for example? From an activity overview perspective, Aronis also has that few posts, and Shadoweh, Gamma, mastin, vezok...all on the low end of posting.

I'm really insulted you put me in the same category as TTH and ActionDan. This is a weird point in general unless you outright didn't read the game before replacing in because you included Vezok, the person town universally agreed was town enough to Boon yesterday. Why the hell would anyone vote vezok for pressure?

I'm kind of annoyed that so many people are V/LA, but im hardly one to talk with sleeping throug hteh day. I think a lot of what Espe's posted is silly fighting nonsense, I'm not against his lynch. I've seen a few people mention it, why isn't there a wagon on Empire/Singer at this point?

Also incredible sleepiness aside if someone wants to direct a question im hereish,

+1 posting
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:57 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1668, TellTaleHeart wrote:No, I'm talking just about vezok's result here and the implications of it.

A "I don't know" read on DV doesn't translate into "anyone targeting him is clearly obvscum, let's lynch her." Heck, even a really strong townread doesn't necessarily translate to "anyone targeting him is obvscum" though it gets you closer and makes the jump feasible.

I understand the argument you are using. I agree with it. But I was asking if there was anymore to marquis' vote than that. I have since read his iso from day 2 and there is, though not actually connected to the point you're pushing. I also don't think your characterisation of Marquis 'damning' you over it is correct as it's an afterthought mentioned after antihero switching out and something about meta. However I think marquis's reasons on the whole are weak. That is my conclusion
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Titus »

AD, are you an incredibly smart person who has english as a second language or an aspie? That language is stilted and awkward.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

If that's so, then the vote is equally bullshitty and Marquis should be well aware of that. Citation
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

By the way I have weekend projects to attend to so as a matter of general policy, I will be
V/LA on weekends. hitogoroshi, please take note.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1678, Titus wrote:AD, are you an incredibly smart person who has english as a second language or an aspie? That language is stilted and awkward.

omg Titus you can't just ask people why they're white
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm not participating in a Marquis lynch at this time. I literally don't understand what the arguments are for a TTH lynch.

I think vezok is whiteknighting just a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle too hard. could be scum here.

mastin is a derp, but what's new. I can't suss out an alignment there because literally nothing has happened in the game and it's 68 pages long so far.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:06 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Where's vezok whiteknighting?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:07 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Also, I appreciate your Mean Girls reference. :]
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:08 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1678, Titus wrote:AD, are you an incredibly smart person who has english as a second language or an aspie? That language is stilted and awkward.

I sometimes assume an affected persona when posting. It's a mechanism that serves me well
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1685, ActionDan wrote:

I sometimes assume an affected persona when posting. It's a mechanism that serves me well

When? Because it just makes me want to lynch you.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:12 am

Post by Titus »

@UT, Why is Mastins Derp.

@TTH, Stop engaging the rolefishers.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I think it's a perfectly legit question and it doesn't have much to do with roles, outside the minor night trace. Is UT accusing vezok of whiteknighting DV? If so, how?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Titus »

@TTH, I wasn't referring to the UT/Vezok/DV thing, I was referring to the TTH power role crap.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:19 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Okie dokie.
Kind of don't need to be told that. >_>
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 46 (Major Day 1, VC 9)

(4)
Espeonage:
mastin2, Titus, ChannelDelibird, Cheetory6 [L-6]
(2)
TellTaleHeart:
Tammy, Marquis
(singersigner)

(2)
Aronis:
Bulbazak, vezokpiraka
(2)
Marquis:
TellTaleHeart, Espeonage
(1)
Bulbazak:
Gammagooey

(8)
Not Voting:
Actiondan, DeasVail, GuyinFreezer, Shadoweh, T S O, Untrod Tripod, Aronis, singersigner

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

Tammy is V/LA until April 20th. CDB is V/LA until April 17th. T S O is V/LA until April 17th.

In post 1680, TellTaleHeart wrote:By the way I have weekend projects to attend to so as a matter of general policy, I will be
V/LA on weekends. hitogoroshi, please take note.

Actually, as a rule, I don't count Saturday when evaluating prods because I am an ally of good times. Looks like I accidentally deleted that from my ruleset when I deleted my replacement rules (since those now happen according to TM procedure.) Re-added.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

he's whiteknighting EMPIRE (or singer, w/e)
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:23 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1686, Titus wrote:
In post 1685, ActionDan wrote:

When? Because it just makes me want to lynch you.

Whenever it suits me, it can be in one post, and not in another from the same game
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@bulba- I'm not going to quote all the individual things I'm responding to from you because I think that it'll create an enormously worthless clutter of word-garbage but if you want to go find your post and follow along with exactly what I'm referencing to make it easier to process then feel free.

-You would know that Titus is town, but that doesn't stop you from believing that the posts she was making SHOULD make her likely or clearly town based on what you legitimately believes looks like or are towntells in her play. I definitely try to match up a lot of my reads as scum to what I think I'd actually say and believe as town and I think that most not-brand-new players do the same thing.

- I see where you're interacting with Titus, I just see no reason why that conversation can't be coming from you as scum.

-Saying that my entire read is based on your vote on me is not only a godamn WORTHLESS combination of only seeing what's convenient for you to see and an attempt to discredit my read on you, it's also clearly not true considering that I've been scumreading you since FAR before your vote on me and have been posting about it since pretty early on in minor day 1.

-I see you attacking Marquis for his reaction to you and you commenting on the big posters and players of the game, and then voting Aronis of the wonder-lurker posse instead of making a stand on any of them. What I don't see is any commitment to pushing on a scum-read that might put you in danger of being widely disagreed with or you having any visible likely-town thought processes that are resulting in any of your reads here.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:57 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 1674, Titus wrote:@Vezok, That being said quite a few roles beyond doctor might investigate the signs of town. If he is run up against my wishes, we can analyze then. There's jailkeep, bodyguard, Titusonian townie (someone who scumreads a universal townread), just for a few.

So you mean doc with roleblock and doc that dies and idiots. I'm pretty sure tth isn't an idiot.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1694, Gammagooey wrote:
-Saying that my entire read is based on your vote on me is not only a godamn WORTHLESS combination of only seeing what's convenient for you to see and an attempt to discredit my read on you, it's also clearly not true considering that I've been scumreading you since FAR before your vote on me and have been posting about it since pretty early on in minor day 1.

Also I feel like I should mention this

I don't think that this is in particular is completely out of the question to be coming from you as town, but the way that you've been responding to DeasVail and I by stating that we're reading you for completely different reasons than the ones we're stating and trying to downplay our actual opinions as much as possible is Horrifically manipulative and if you are town it's very narcissistic to keep saying that we can't possibly be scumreading you for the reasons we're actually giving.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Gammagooey »

^thats in regards to bulba if it wasn't clear
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Espeonage wrote:2. I actually spent token(s) on making myself town because I want to win TM.
3. The only time I don't choose scum when given a choice is when I really want to win or need to do it to eradicate choice meta. Both of those need me to be town.
Are you better at town than scum? Can you talk more about the reasoning behind why you spent tokens on being town?

Why did you spend your first ten posts chiding Titus instead of scumhunting?

I keep telling myself to fight against doing anything more than nullreading his ridiculous "I should get baned posts" because I don't see any reason why scum wouldn't be aiming to try and tryhard an "I am way too ignorant to be scum" persona.

Espeonage wrote:Also swapping itself is null in the same way replacing due to being swamped is null. If you are under fire and you swap, that seems pretty suspect as it is mechanically different to replacing.
It bugs me that you didn't say this again when people started using this logic against TTH.

Espeonage wrote:I think Bulba might be town.

I've never been able to read him but just from a couple of posts and the things people are saying I'm going to go town.
So you can't read him, but you're throwing a townread at him because ???????

Espeonage wrote:I don't actually think I can read Tammy except in cases where she is being very town in her own way which isn't happening here.
How did you start confidently scumreading her later this cycle then?

Espeonage wrote:I'm getting more and more happy in my read that you're scum. Truth be told I found myself unapproving of the tth wagon simply because you were on it which took me by surprise tbh. Your tone here doesn't read to me like the frustrated got irl stuff tone as far as I can tell, which is about the only explanation I have for the amount of scumminess I am feeling from your posts. And even if that is the reasoning for your tone it still doesn't mean you're town, it takes it to null, at most. I don't have the most experience with you but I'm going off what I do have. And your responses to people here for the most part aren't looking town.
Can you pull specific examples of that you're finding scummy about her responses/tone?

I feel slightly marginally less convinced than I was before that Zar/Empire/singer vs Esp interactions could be scum/scum on reread, but there's enough in here that a vote on Esp is decent enough. Will make a case depending on answers.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Gamma can you give me your thoughts on Espeonage atm?

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”