Dance of the Title Fairy: Pale Moonlight Edition

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:49 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 123, InflatablePie wrote:trying to say Seven-Colored = beauty/elegance like a rainbow, just... feels stretching

But that's exactly what it means by the "Seven colored" in the title of Alice. I really want the title to reference Alice as well because the Alice game (and sequel) are what really got him the scummies nomination.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:13 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

prismatic puppeteer covers everything though and sounds amazing.
Art is cool.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

whast w. all these ppl who dont get a touhou ref in the year 2015?
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:17 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 126, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:prismatic puppeteer covers everything though and sounds amazing.

My personal thought about that title is "why not stick with seven colored if it just still means same thing with different wording"
We could nominate both and let FG choose what he likes more.

In post 127, kanyeknowsbest wrote:whast w. all these ppl who dont get a touhou ref in the year 2015?

Then we re-nominate his title with KanColle one.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I feel like keeping the Touhou/Alice reference intact is more important than alliteration.

In post 124, esuriospiritus wrote:I'm not saying special circumstances never happen, but I think the average player who's been here for only three months isn't really part of the community yet.

The average player that's only been here three months isn't going to get a title. The point of the proposed rule change is for the "special" cases.

In post 122, quadz08 wrote:that said - re the pie "give me a title" thing. So because someone is bummed/frustrated about something that concerns them, it invalidates their opinion? I can see that meaning you take the opinion with a grain of salt, but to literally punish them for expressing their opinion is a whooooooooooole other thing.

Did it invalidate his opinion? No. I wouldn't have kept responding to him if it did. Did it make me take it with a grain of salt? Yup! The reason I took the discussion out of the thread was because we were clearly talking in circles/talking past each other/some form of bad talking.

Not giving someone a title when they go "it's bullshit that you're not giving me my title; give me my title" didn't start with me, and I'm not going to change it.

While I was writing this post, FakeGod accepted
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:36 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 129, SleepyKrew wrote:Not giving someone a title when they go "it's bullshit that you're not giving me my title; give me my title" didn't start with me, and I'm not going to change it.

yeahhhh but this is not and was never what was being said, and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop acting like it was
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 92, Untrod Tripod wrote:hey guys

I know we're trying to see where SKrew's boundaries are and you want to see if your pet projects can get pushed through etc etc

but you look real silly from an outside perspective just saying
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Nexus »

rabble
Trans rights are human rights.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:04 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

UT ilu but your interpretation of the situation is really wrong
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 129, SleepyKrew wrote:I feel like keeping the Touhou/Alice reference intact is more important than alliteration.

In post 124, esuriospiritus wrote:I'm not saying special circumstances never happen, but I think the average player who's been here for only three months isn't really part of the community yet.

The average player that's only been here three months isn't going to get a title. The point of the proposed rule change is for the "special" cases.

In post 122, quadz08 wrote:that said - re the pie "give me a title" thing. So because someone is bummed/frustrated about something that concerns them, it invalidates their opinion? I can see that meaning you take the opinion with a grain of salt, but to literally punish them for expressing their opinion is a whooooooooooole other thing.

Did it invalidate his opinion? No. I wouldn't have kept responding to him if it did. Did it make me take it with a grain of salt? Yup! The reason I took the discussion out of the thread was because we were clearly talking in circles/talking past each other/some form of bad talking.

Not giving someone a title when they go "it's bullshit that you're not giving me my title; give me my title" didn't start with me, and I'm not going to change it.

While I was writing this post, FakeGod accepted
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

No, this isn't what happened, you're delusional. Pie argued against the policies in place that prevented him from getting a title. As did I. You responded by basicalky saying you wouldn't give a title to someone stomping his feet about not getting one which 1) isn't what was happening and 2) doesn't address the stupid double standard you're creating.
green shirt thursdays
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:08 am

Post by T S O »

Unlucky, Krew.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Faraday »

lots of passion here
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 am

Post by InflatablePie »

xRECKONERx
->
Passionfruit
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:37 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 96, SleepyKrew wrote:This will be my last post on the matter.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha we all knew this was a lie

In post 130, esuriospiritus wrote:
In post 129, SleepyKrew wrote:Not giving someone a title when they go "it's bullshit that you're not giving me my title; give me my title" didn't start with me, and I'm not going to change it.

yeahhhh but this is not and was never what was being said, and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop acting like it was

The explanation I've been offered is that he was making a general stand. Seeing as there's nothing in general to make a stand on, I'm going to take the post where 90% of the words are "why IPie should have EWHD" to mean "IPie should have EWHD".

To those of you that think this is about taking a stand for the greater good of titling: you're wrong. You can't generally apply anything related to EWHD. This discussion's been around for years, and as such I already had opinions formed about it. EWHD is the only title nomination that I'd respond to this way. Want proof? Shut the fuck up and let me Fairy for a bit before bitching about imaginary double standards.

This will
actually
be my last post on the matter. You're still free to PM me about it. You're probably not going to change my mind though. If that's a problem for you, talk to zoraster or Thesp.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:54 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

The minimum requirement has been reduced to three months.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Aneninen »

That's great, SleepyKrew!

Also, either I'm an idiot or it's relatively hard to find info about the whole TitleFairy story. I read about it for the first time when I was random-page-ing the Wiki...
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:34 am

Post by N »

pie's title is now such a big deal it's got its own abbreviation!
Last edited by N on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: whoops
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:42 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 140, Aneninen wrote:Also, either I'm an idiot or it's relatively hard to find info about the whole TitleFairy story.

What do you mean?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:50 am

Post by Aneninen »

Had I not come across with the TitleFairy page by coincidence on the Wiki, I wouldn't know about it now.
Originally, I wanted to add something that its existence should be announced in post-game phases. But then I realized that if it were, players would give titles to each other all the time because of one single game. Whether it'd be funny/significant/trademark-ish/etc. or not.
Any other ideas?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I figure if anyone wanted to learn about why some people had special titles, they'd ask around and find this thread sooner or later.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Vampirate »

I honestly think titles should first be elected in the thread where the inspiration took place. After that the 2nd election would take place here for further discussion. This would contribute to more better titles being given out and less spur of the moment titles given out.

I'd also suggest that the titles where the inspiration came from should be linked to make then more relevant upon context.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 144, Alchemist21 wrote:I figure if anyone wanted to learn about why some people had special titles, they'd ask around and find this thread sooner or later.
^
I think the current level of visibility is fine.

In post 145, Vampirate wrote:I honestly think titles should first be elected in the thread where the inspiration took place. After that the 2nd election would take place here for further discussion. This would contribute to more better titles being given out and less spur of the moment titles given out.

There are no "spur of the moment" titles being given out. Please don't make up problems that don't exist. Additionally, most titles aren't based off a single thread.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by T S O »

Vampirate, your idea is excellent. Let's spread the word.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 137, InflatablePie wrote:
xRECKONERx
->
Passionfruit

Second
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Vampirate »

In post 145, Vampirate wrote:I honestly think titles should first be elected in the thread where the inspiration took place. After that the 2nd election would take place here for further discussion. This would contribute to more better titles being given out and less spur of the moment titles given out.

There are no "spur of the moment" titles being given out. Please don't make up problems that don't exist. Additionally, most titles aren't based off a single thread.[/quote]
Actually I went into the title wiki and found one that sticks to mind as a spur of the moment. If you want to know what it was I'll say it later.

Here is the thing.

1. I'm new here.
2. I find the whole title thing on this website cool.
3. Thus as a new person I'm interested in learning about people's various past. However if a title is vague on it's meaning or has no context i'll be confused as to how it corrisponds to the person.

Just one newbie ' s point of view.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!

Return to “Player Titles”