al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ok, I read your post more carefully, and I'm assuming you quoted TCS.

First of all, "I know I'm town" is not a convincing argument to anybody, and makes you look scummy.

And could you elaborate on what you mean by this:
Ectomancer wrote:A fact to condemn/praise al_ko is that he suggested this connection thread possibility, while of course leaving himself to be analyzed by someone else.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

EBWOP:

well, technically "I know I'm clean", but there's little difference between saying that and saying your town in terms of the intent of your post.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Are you really going to go into semantics over how or whether I come out and say "Im town."? Clearly when I am talking about a choice between 3 of us, Duh, Im town.

The phrase you want elaborated means you bringing up the idea of looking for connections is a non-tell, as is the fact that you didn't explore a connection between you and TCS.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'm confused, was I supposed to be exploring a connection between me and TCS? Did we have a connection?

I don't think I fully understand the connection thread possibility thing you speak of.

I'm sorry if this really is obvious, and I'm just being too stupid to understand, but I've been put through a lot this weekend and it's been exhausting.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Jack »

unvote,vote:CES

let's just lynch him already, we're getting nowhere.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I don't want to post this in all three threads, so I'm just posting in this one:

Tomorrow I will be leaving for Thespival and won't return until Tuesday night next week. I don't expect much activity during that time, but I'll see what I can do.

I will try to get to post what I can tomorrow.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

That definitely sounds like it's going to be a blast. Have fun! Scum it up while you're there :wink:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

*Cough* Hello am I the only one left in this mansion?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Wow, this game is getting nowhere. Not unvoting BM atm. It's easy enough with a fake cop claim to claim an investigation on the person bringing an attack on you to get them to back off. Mostly I just haven't reread to get my bearing straight in this game. I'll try to do that this evening.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:
unvote,vote:CES

let's just lynch him already, we're getting nowhere.
Im with Jack.

unvote: vote CES

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

BillyTwilight wrote:Wow, this game is getting nowhere. Not unvoting BM atm. It's easy enough with a fake cop claim to claim an investigation on the person bringing an attack on you to get them to back off. Mostly I just haven't reread to get my bearing straight in this game. I'll try to do that this evening.
that makes little sense. You have been acting quite scummy today. what would i gain by claiming an innocent investigation on you?
your attitude confuses me.
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Battle Mage wrote:
BillyTwilight wrote:Wow, this game is getting nowhere. Not unvoting BM atm. It's easy enough with a fake cop claim to claim an investigation on the person bringing an attack on you to get them to back off. Mostly I just haven't reread to get my bearing straight in this game. I'll try to do that this evening.
that makes little sense. You have been acting quite scummy today. what would i gain by claiming an innocent investigation on you?
your attitude confuses me.
BM
You want to think that through again? You claimed an investigation on me, now you are accusing me of acting scummy? And it makes perfect sense. You are afraid of getting lynched on D1. You claim cop. No counterclaim, so it keeps you alive. Day 2 I speak up and say I don't like the cop claim. You can't say you got a guilty on me because once I am lynched you go down the next day, so you have to say you have an innocent on me in an attempt to appease my suspicion of you. How again does that not make sense?
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

why would i claim an investigation on you atall?
you've seriously lost the plot dude. I'll give you a day to think about what you are saying. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:02 am

Unaccuse, Accuse BM
You are being completely rediculous and contradicting yourself... go read your own posts if you want to see where you said Billy was town!
-Tyler Durden
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OMFG. i'm seriously considering quitting this game. The few people who are bothering to post, are either deliberately playing ignorant, or just need to open their eyes when reading. Of course Billy is frigging town, i got a innocent investigation on him!!!!!
However, for some mad reason, he is insinuating that i faked an investigation on him with some kind of hidden agenda. I'm simply trying to explain in layman's terms that it is completely illogical, in addition to being totally untrue.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Are you going crazy? Why would you say this then if you
did
investigate and get an innocent. This made it sound like you are saying you didnt.
Battle Mage wrote:why would i claim an investigation on you atall?
you've seriously lost the plot dude. I'll give you a day to think about what you are saying. :roll:

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:Are you going crazy? Why would you say this then if you
did
investigate and get an innocent. This made it sound like you are saying you didnt.
Battle Mage wrote:why would i claim an investigation on you atall?
FFS. Basically BT is saying that i am fake claiming an innocent investigation on him, as he is the person most attacking me. However, not only was he not the person attacking me most, he has refused to note the lack of logic which sums up as: "why would i fake-claim an investigation on HIM atall?

What i'm trying to say is that his logic is total BS. Of course, i suck at explaining things nearly as much as you guys suck at understanding things. :p
Show

Nightkilled - 10

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:53 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Everybody who's been posting lately has been misinterpreting the posts. BM has an innocent on BT. For some reason BT started casting more suspicion on BM, and I have yet to see a valid reason for it or any reason at the moment to disbelieve BM's claim.

BM started posting to point out the logical fallacies in everybody else's posts and, this is where I don't think he got the point across well, but that this is where players are displaying ridiculously poor play, but aren't scummy as they are practically guaranteed town. In other words, he knows BT is town, but BT's play is hurting the town. He hasn't once today posted anything to get BT lynched or posted anything to cast suspicion on him.

One assumption of mine is that part of this banter towards each other is due to the fact that with nobody else posting, there's nothing else to go off of. I recommend instead of attacking confirmed innocents and claimed cops, that you try to read the thread about other players and see what you can pull up.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:25 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Why is Ancalagon not replaced yet? He has 5 posts, all from a very long time ago.

DoS has been here, but contributing little. The most he's been helpful is saying he didn't think tossing the soup was scummy, otherwise he's mostly just been attacking players are passing around a lot of votes with little or no explanation.
DragonsofSummer wrote:I agree with Billy here. Pushing MBL so hard over something so small is ridiculous. Fine BM you got a innocent result on BT, but that doesn't automatically make MBL scum for trying to pass the soup to him. I think you are being mislead by your own night result here, and it is very possibly detracting from the scum hunting of the town.
Please explain the misleading part of your comment.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:42 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Dahen is another big lurker, but is contributing and protown acting.

CES I could waver either way, and need to see more contribution from him before I make a big decision. He's been fairly helpful.

For now

Unvote, Vote: DoS
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:11 am

The misleading part of my comment was that BM was pushing MBL hard because he said he wanted to pass the soup to BT. He was being mislead by the fact that he supposedly knew BT was town into thinking that because of MBL's actions that made him scum, which is obviously flawed.

On another completely different topic, for now, I will trust that it was just poor word choice on BM's part in his last few posts, and
unaccuse

As for my lack of helpfulness/content, I really don't feel that it is fair of you in a game where much of the play has amounted to arguments between specific players to push me on that. So I stayed out of the way during those arguments. Does that really make me scummy? I feel that my play on D2 has given much more reason for all of my actions than what was done in the hecticness of trying to get this game moving at all on day 1. I also feel that post 240 by me is fairly significant, and would like to point out that it still hasn't been responded too.
-Tyler Durden
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:50 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

You guys aren't paying attention; I would have expected more out of you Alko.

Here is the way I see it. MBL had to choose whither or not to eat some soup. More than likely the soup came from another player in the game, unless it's some strange game mechanic that MoS instituted in this game. Going on the assumption that it's the first and not the latter, someone in the game now knows what the soup does. For everyone else it is an unknown quantity. MBL decided not to eat the soup, which is fine by me, I wouldn't have either. However, he made a joke about passing the soup to me. At the time we were fighting in Clue 1, so I took it as a joke. Of course the soup was trashed, and we spent a page or more talking about it and guessing at what it would have done. Later, BM asked MBL what he thought about me, and MBL said that "Twilight seems fine."

BM said,
BM, post 225 wrote:thats odd. especially because you suggested at the start of the day, that you wanted him dead.
which is it?
Now, we had just had a big talk about what the soup would do, and the conclusion effectively was "No one knows." However, in the above quote, BM took MBL's "passes the soup to Billy" post as wanting me dead. I found this to be a slip up, especially considering BM had several times said that he wasn't sure what the soup did. It's the only "slip" in the game with relation to the soup, where someone made a post about the soup that seems to have intimate knowledge about what the soup would do.

So then I looked at the rest of BM's play. The claim came early, at L-2 when there was not an imminent threat of lynching. On the second day, BM asked town what he should do with his result, which to me is strange because it comes more from an appease the town attitude then this is how I am going to play attitude. I am not convinced that their
is
a cop in this game; with three games running concurrently, it would not surprise me at all for MoS not to put a cop in at least one of them. BM could have gotten lucky with his cop claim, in that their would be no counterclaim. I therefore voted for BM, upon which he claimed that I was his not-guilty investigation. Look at posts 160-164. I don't think that BM is behaving towards me the way he would behave towards someone on whom he had gotten a not guilty investigation. If BM is scum, and faked his cop claim, he would have to give us confirmed townies, because giving us a guilty and a subsequent mislynch would immediately get him lynched the next day. Since I was the only person voting him and attacking him at the time, he claimed a not guilty on me in order to get me to back off.

Of course all of this depends on whither or not his post #225 really is a Freudian slip of sorts. Maybe I am reading way too much into it. I just don't see how anyone could take MBL's comment about passing the soup to me as anything other than a joke, and then turn it into MBL wanting me dead, unless part of their psychology was knowing that the soup killed the eater.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Bah, I just got home from work and reread my post, and even I don't believe it now. I looked back through day 1; although I still don't like how quickly BM claimed, I must admit that it makes sense for me to be his investigation target. Also, his #225 can be interpreted as MBL got rid of the soup cuz MBL thought it was dangerous, and if MBL thought it was dangerous then passing it to Billy must mean he wants Billy dead. Still don't see that in MBL's quote, but I can see how another player might take it that way. Couple that with the fact that we have three similar games running concurrently, I can see BM's play at the beginning of day 2 being slightly confused, and I don't know how BM plays as a cop anyway, so....

Unaccuse

I've been playing dumb, and I think I am trying too hard in this game; I locked on to not liking BM's claim and then tried to find something scummy in his posts. I'll reread more thoroughly and see where my suspicions lie.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:02 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

"I would have expected more out of you Alko. "

I haven't read everything you've posted yet, but two things I'd like to say:

1.) I was away for a week, so I need to refresh what I think in this game, and I've had my focus elsewhere. Yes this is a bad reason, but it's true. When I posted, I tried to focus towards players that have been under the radar or that I had little to no notes on, and found virtually no posts to dissect, so I had little to say. I haven't bothered yet to move on to the players that we've been discussing or have discussed more thoroughly before.
2.) With players like BM, you need to look at him from a different perspective, and it becomes more difficult. While at Thespival, LyingBrian came and when he played FTF mafia, he appeared incredibly scummy, but was town. I watched his play, learned that his playstyle frequently threw up scummy flags, but I also found out how different his play and reactions were from normal players. BM is much the same way. After trying to analyze how he played and how his reactions differed, I became better at telling protown LB versus scum LB, and I think we need to work with BM much the same way. It's a difficult process to implement, and more difficult to explain, but I hope you see what I'm trying to say.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”