Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Class, please take your seats, it's time to begin. Please turn your books to Chapter I.

THEORY

Chapter I: The eye test.

Look at a post. Does it make sense?

Ask yourself three questions.

1) Is this post biased by an existing conflict or tunnel?
2) Are its assumptions based on known or verifiable quantities?
3) Does it make any sort of sense at all? Throw a wide net on this one. Anything???

If you answered yes to all three, then it passes the eye test!

PRACTICE

In post 37, Empire wrote:
Vote: Metal Sonic

In post 18, Metal Sonic wrote:i looked at this playerlist and i decided to not put any tokens lol

Playerlists were revealed after token submissions and alignments were assigned. So how did you come to assign your tokens after the fact?

Spoiler: Answer
Non-biased? [x]
True? [x]
Make sense? [x]

IT'S A COHERENT POST

In post 112, Sotty7 wrote:Vote: GreyICE

Because "tokens" is bullshit and voting me over Hoopla in that respect is even worse.

Non-biased? [ ]
True? [ ]
Make sense? [ ]

wat r u doing sotty

In post 139, wgeurts wrote:Now:
VOTE: MetalSonic
I do believe I also stated to ZZZX scum would pounce on the stuff you've pounced on as a sort of slayers gambit. You've attempted to falsely frame me, as expected from scum.

Non-biased? [ ]
True? [ ]
Make sense? [ ]

wgeurts no...

In post 271, GreyICE wrote:So "mediating" this town means, and I quote:

In post 224, Hoopla wrote:i abstain from the greyice and sotty argument.

Such mediate.

I wouldn't mind either juicy analysis or just plain old scumhunting. Or you just claiming scum, it would help the cohesion of the town, and is always a solid option. But the only thing I can think of your entrance is you sat down with the biggest bowl I ever saw and had some personal time right before posting.

Non-biased? [X]
True? [X]
Make sense? [X]

winnar winnar

In post 272, GreyICE wrote:Actually no wait, Hoopla knows what I know, she's town.

Non-biased? [X...I think?]
True? [ ]
Make sense? [ ]

Ahaha...wait, what just happened?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 am

1) Is this post UNbiased by an existing conflict or tunnel?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

^yeah that shockered me a bit
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 320, wgeurts wrote:VOTE: Eddie
Ice has a very good point in , his reaction afterwards was also awful. He didn't even attempt to explain the inconsistency (like MS, however he just changes topic). Saying "you suck" isn't a valid defence.

MS is still a better vote though.

If you're town, you are going to ruin the game for us.

"You suck" may not be a valid defense, but I'm pretty sure it's a valid offense.

Also, I'll respond to your shredz" later. Thnks for spoilering it, by the way.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Because of the alarmingly large number of people calling wgeurts town, I am aware of the small possibility that I am wrong on him being scum. However, notice that I have predicted a scenario if he was town in my previous posts -- we will not meet a good end.

Nevertheless, in lieu of the efforts to "shred" my case, no matter how successful, I think it indicates a bit of effort.

VOTE: seraphim

I'm surprised nobody is on this trash
oopsies! haha!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

GreyICE, don't lose sight of your wgeurts town read.

Vote: Sotty
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sorry for being contrary guys!

I still think wolf slot is a fine vote, although a bit less so.
Sotty, unfortunately, is forming up to be an ok vote at this stage.
Seraphim is a great vote.

I'd like to bring Sotty into the game at this point because I find I do best when I have a couple of sounding boards in thread to work with and now that Empire's gone, Sotty is probably the player I feel the most comfortable with, but I'd like her in the game and talking about things instead of letting Grey dictate interactions and her just sitting on the peripheral.

I also love Hoopla's entrance in a "good player" sort of way, although the Eddie vote doesn't seem like the strongest direction we can take at this stage.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 321, wgeurts wrote:If Eddie flips scum ICE is town.

Let me just take a moment to point out the really glaring scum motivation in the above quote.
oopsies! haha!

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 331, Nachomamma8 wrote:Sorry for being contrary guys!

I still think wolf slot is a fine vote, although a bit less so.
Sotty, unfortunately, is forming up to be an ok vote at this stage.
Seraphim is a great vote.

I'd like to bring Sotty into the game at this point because I find I do best when I have a couple of sounding boards in thread to work with and now that Empire's gone, Sotty is probably the player I feel the most comfortable with, but I'd like her in the game and talking about things instead of letting Grey dictate interactions and her just sitting on the peripheral.

I also love Hoopla's entrance in a "good player" sort of way, although the Eddie vote doesn't seem like the strongest direction we can take at this stage.

:neutral:

I'm not okay with wolf votes.
I'm fine with Seraphim votes, those are awesome.
I hate the timing here with a fiery passion. This is all sorts of badwrong.

If we lynched (Eddie, Seraphim, Sotty) I seriously wonder how many scum would be alive. I doubt the total would be higher than 2.

One of my town reads is scum.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 330, Nachomamma8 wrote:GreyICE, don't lose sight of your wgeurts town read.

Fine, he's town.

I'm still wrong about someone. I can smell it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:23 pm

G Ice, vote Sotty.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:25 pm

G Ice, actually, I'd like you to tell me why Hoopla isn't a great lynch right now. It seems to me that she is.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Vote: Hoopla
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 336, Albert B. Rampage wrote:G Ice, actually, I'd like you to tell me why Hoopla isn't a great lynch right now. It seems to me that she is.

Mmm, I had some points. But then I thought about it. I will answer your question by Friday.

I am obviously being intentionally cryptic, but I also need to think. And preferably chat with my team here.

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:55 pm

My team currently thinks that MS, G Ice, and zzzx are all town. I'm not completely sold, but I tend to agree. We also think that Hoopla is scum.

I feel like Seraphim and Eddie are on the bubble, haven't said enough to be town read yet. I'm most surprised at Hoopla who has done even less than them, and gets away with it. I'd like something to be done with that please. While I feel that Sera and Eddie are logical starter wagons, something also tells me they are town who I'm just distrustful of because I've only seen them in a limited quantity. The same could be said of Silverwolf. All three of them.

So I don't denigrate the pressure on those three bandwagons, for now. But gun to my head, and I have to be deadly accurate here, I'm pointing my fingers at Hoopla, sotty and wgeurts.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Eddie, I'd like you to re-think your vote. Who else can you vote for? I'd like to determine where we can meet in the middle early, so there are no surprises when deadline looms and there's a scramble. If you can help support a popular wagon that hits scum, that will certainly go in your favor, and silence the town critics.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Kagami »

I'm ok with a sotty lynch if we do the vengeful thing starting with day 1.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

I'm perfectly fine with a Wgeurts, Seraphim, or Hoopla vote in part with my current vote on GreyIce. Those are my big 4 right now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Hoopla then.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

I strongly disagree with the vengeful idea
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Because whichever town that is getting lynched has a higher-than-average chance of being bad

Ergo they will have bad reads

Ergo there will be a town chainlynch

Ergo town will lose

So the vengeful idea I think is total shit. I am horrified how kagami thinks it's an "okay" idea
oopsies! haha!

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 213, zoraster wrote:
Zar (Large Theme) and Empire (Vanilla Nightless) of Westeros Circlejerk have switched games. They may now post, etc. in their new game. This uses Westeros Circlejerk's one swap.

*Raises eyebrow*

In post 214, GreyICE wrote:So, who would those people be? Hoopla? Maybe. She's damn good at it. Sotty? A legendary scum player, back for a swan song? Possibly. (I also had Empire down for some reason, which my team assures me was wrong - he prefers town) This seems like an interesting spot to begin poking. Oh, and what a fun time it was.

This is the second time you have called my scum game Legendary, why exactly? I'd love to take a compliment if I deserve it and maybe I did back in 2011 (which I think was the year I won the scummy) But that was a year I played a lot of games and a lot of them were scum. It was the highlight of my mafia career if you want to call it that. My scum game has never been that good since. Not even close. I would much rather play town than anything else even when I was destroying as as scum I still preferred town. Much less stressful for me and overly more enjoyable. So in a game where you can use tokens to sway your alignment there is no way I would ever spend that on scum. Ever. My title is also a play off a wrestling catch phrase as well as the scummy, because I met Zach though wrestling. Your vote is still flawed.

Part of me wants to class Metal as town. He's earnest, his tone feels great. I still don't really know why he is voting me, his points were kinda shitty and he's actually spending most of his time on Wgeurts. More clarification would be good.

In post 303, GreyICE wrote:Hoopla was blatantly aware that the best town strategy was to form a block because otherwise it would be nearly impossible to get solid scum lynches.

That was her analysis, and she started out playing it as town.

I thought you said town hunting was bad, or were you just talking about the method proposed?

Currently deliberately not commenting on Eddie. I'll come back to him a little later. I wanna see it play out a little more.

In post 331, Nachomamma8 wrote:Seraphim is a great vote.

I actually agree. Didn't really like his first Metal vote.

In post 331, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'd like to bring Sotty into the game at this point because I find I do best when I have a couple of sounding boards in thread to work with and now that Empire's gone, Sotty is probably the player I feel the most comfortable with, but I'd like her in the game and talking about things instead of letting Grey dictate interactions and her just sitting on the peripheral.

Message received.

Unvote, Vote: Seraphim

I don't want to lynch Hoopla day one outside a huge scum slip. I don't currently have a huge town read on her, but I am leaning that way because her entrance was super smooth. Plus I love Hoopla which may or may not leave me biased.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Sotty and Hoopla scum team ^
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I apologize for not posting lately, my internet went to complete shit. I just caught up with the game now.

In post 297, wgeurts wrote:
In post 295, Seraphim wrote:I feel much more confident about MS-town though.

Why?
His posting isn't just bullshit. I can see shit actually happening in his posts, thought-processes, etc.

Also, this vengeful idea is not a good one and it makes me suspicious of Hoopla only because I feel like it was introduced to create frivolous game theory discussion in a game that, as ABR has pointed out, really boils down to scumhunting at least on these first days. Certainly, we need to get a scumlynch right off the bat, but that's every game...so I don't understand what the point is?

The wagon on me is bullshit but because there's no case on me I'm just going to ignore it past this point.
I feel less good about the SW-slot wagon. I guess we'll see what happens with that slot.

Hum tee tum.

ABR, MS, wgeurts, GreyICE, ZZX, and Zar(Empire) are all town.

Meaning that the scumteam is within:
Kagami, sotty, Eddie, Hoopla, Nacho

Unvote
Vote: sotty

The Kagami and Eddie slots need more time. Nacho I feel should be more town than he currently is, same with Hoopla. That's from past experience, but it's enough to keep them off the town list. While I don't necessarily agree with GreyICE's initial attack on sotty for various reasons, I do think her play has been less than stellar as it only includes a 1v1 with GreyICE and has really only been reactive play. I'm not seeing any significant scumhunting, only arguments back and forth. Her vote on me reeks, seems like she did it because it was the new hip-happening thing to be doing.

sotty, why was my RVS vote on MS "icky"?

Kagami, got anything to say that's especially interesting? Why are you into the vengeful thing?

Also if any of the fucks on my wagon want to come and actually engage me and talk with me and point out some reasons why I'm scum, I would be so down. Until then, I'm just going to keep doing my thing.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 348, Seraphim wrote:
Kagami, got anything to say that's especially interesting? Why are you into the vengeful thing?

Because sotty is going to flip town, and it will make this game infinitely simply when day 2 begins with a theory discussion between greyICE and hoopla about why it's important to follow our hearts and how we shouldn't let dead townies tell us what to do.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”