Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by bertrand »

It would probably take me a week+ to find another replacement anyways, so if you can guarantee that you'll be active when you return, that's fine. Everyone seems to be on vacation these days..
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Post by Nai »

I'm here, just took three days off. Right now, I just want someone to put a vote on.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Dum de doo.
Glork ,Carbon Copy are on vacation, right?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Glork »

I'm back. I'm just waiting for somebody to end this stupid day. Seriously, Pooky and DGB should have died five times over in the past few weeks.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Primate »

No, I'm here, sorry

PS: Massive died last night.

Please post something then :)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im so glad the scum get to sit with all their votes on me while the entire town sleeps through this and I get inertia lynched at some point in the game.

I'd be trying to save myself, but I've written so much and put so much effort into the game and the town won't even read what I've posted so honestly what point is there?

I highly suggest that if you are town and are going to end up lynching me without actually reading what I've written that you consider not playing mafia games anymore because it's just such a disservice to everyone on this site who actually tries for you to screw around and not actually even bother to read the posts they make. I don't know why you aren't putting in the necesary effort right now but please, do us all a favor and come back when you have the time and motivation to put in an effort that is deserving of your name.

And Nai, I really can't argue with you anymore because you just don't understand even the most basic elements of mafia strategy, the whole point of breadcrumbing is to minimize the chance of someone else picking up on it because odds are higher that scum will pick up on it since there are more scum than there are doctors who might pick up on it and protect you. The idea is to not let them find out while having something to point to later, and I throughly disagree with you that a cop NEEDS to breadcrumb his role like that in order to be believed.

A much BETTER way to breadcrumb would be to ask these 3 questions,

1)Are you scum?
2) Do you know I am an investigation role?
3) Do you know I am Glork?

Not only does this breadcrumb effectively put "Glork=Cop who is investigating you" directly into the head of the investigatee, you are almost absolutely certain that this information is NOT going to the scum because IF THE PERSON WHO IS RECEIVING THIS INFORMATION IS SCUM YOU CAN JUST CLAIM COP AND GET THEM LYNCHED RIGHT AWAY(And you will be believed because it doesn't make sense for scum to fakeclaim cop with a guilty on DAY ONE) if the target is innocent, then you have an innocent person who can BACK UP YOUR CLAIM AND KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON.

That's what protown Glork Cop/Messenger WOULD HAVE DONE.

What's instead happened is AntiGlork Messenger set up a bullshit roleclaim starting day one and openly hinted at the investigation in a sloppy move designed with confirming himself in mind rather than preserving his life and the life of his investigated innocent.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Skruffs »

A vote count would be great, actually.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by Nai »

Aipom
Pooky wrote:I highly suggest that if you are town and are going to end up lynching me without actually reading what I've written that you consider not playing mafia games anymore because it's just such a disservice to everyone on this site who actually tries for you to screw around and not actually even bother to read the posts they make. I don't know why you aren't putting in the necesary effort right now but please, do us all a favor and come back when you have the time and motivation to put in an effort that is deserving of your name.
I love these posts from you. Instead of just admitting your arguments are bad, and that people just don't believe you, you insult the ability of other players. Other players think you are scum but, instead of deciding this is something wrong with your own play, you try to make it something wrong with our own. This is ad hominem at its finest.
Pooky wrote:And Nai, I really can't argue with you anymore because you just don't understand even the most basic elements of mafia strategy, the whole point of breadcrumbing is to minimize the chance of someone else picking up on it because odds are higher that scum will pick up on it since there are more scum than there are doctors who might pick up on it and protect you. The idea is to not let them find out while having something to point to later, and I throughly disagree with you that a cop NEEDS to breadcrumb his role like that in order to be believed.
This is more of the same. This time, however, you can't admit that my opinion on Mafia Strategy is different than yours, so you say I'm just wrong, trying to ruin any credibility I can have.

Furthermore, you
continue
to ignore what I have said several times, acting as if I've said that every cop needs to breadcrumb. I specifically said NOT every cop has to breadcrumb, but, in this case, Glork was forced to due to the wacky nature of his role. Do read my posts before you respond to them, since I do you the same service.
Pooky wrote:Not only does this breadcrumb effectively put "Glork=Cop who is investigating you" directly into the head of the investigatee, you are almost absolutely certain that this information is NOT going to the scum because IF THE PERSON WHO IS RECEIVING THIS INFORMATION IS SCUM YOU CAN JUST CLAIM COP AND GET THEM LYNCHED RIGHT AWAY(And you will be believed because it doesn't make sense for scum to fakeclaim cop with a guilty on DAY ONE) if the target is innocent, then you have an innocent person who can BACK UP YOUR CLAIM AND KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON.
It's amazing that you continue to think up random things to disprove glork. What you just did was actually WIFOM.

Just as town can give their name and their role, scum with a messenger role could do the EXACT same thing for the EXACT same purpose. They could also, at the same time, say that it was someone else doing it to get someone else lynched, or to keep someone else (like a scum partner) safe. Stop your attempts to convince people Glork is scum by using WIFOM.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by Nai »

Gah, that first word has nothing to do with this game. It's a list for my Pokemon game. I keep on doing that...
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Glork »

Pooky wrote:1)Are you scum?
2) Do you know I am an investigation role?
3) Do you know I am Glork?

Not only does this breadcrumb effectively put "Glork=Cop who is investigating you" directly into the head of the investigatee, you are almost absolutely certain that this information is NOT going to the scum because IF THE PERSON WHO IS RECEIVING THIS INFORMATION IS SCUM YOU CAN JUST CLAIM COP AND GET THEM LYNCHED RIGHT AWAY(And you will be believed because it doesn't make sense for scum to fakeclaim cop with a guilty on DAY ONE) if the target is innocent, then you have an innocent person who can BACK UP YOUR CLAIM AND KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON.

That's what protown Glork Cop/Messenger WOULD HAVE DONE.
Don't be ridiculous, Pooky. In the even that I were to target a Godfather (or another investigation-immune scum role, such as an SK), I'd be telling scum that I am the Cop, and setting myself up to be offed without even knowing it. That would be the
WORST
possible way to breadcrumb.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zbut Glork... what if YOU'RE the Godfather? What then?

Just idly wondering.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by Glork »

I don't understand your question, DGB. If I'm "the Godfather" (are you saying you're certain one exists?), then it doesn't matter how I breadcrumb. But I would still argue that telling people your role (whether you're lying about that role or not) is a terrible way to go about doing things.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:20 pm

ok Nai

1) I know they haven't read my arguments because they haven't actually rebuffed them or said they are bad and I am scum.

2) Your opinion on mafia strategy is absolutely awful, the whole point of breadcrumbing is to have something to point at later and NOT to be found out by the scum, I'm not going to argue this point anymore because it's really just us disagreeing and it really just angers me and I don't need to be angry about some game.

2a, tell me then why Glork's role HAS to breadcrumb while every other cop does NOT have to breadcrumb. Is his "forced" breadcrumb according to you an advantage or a disadvantage?

3. Nope it's not wifom at all BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH A SCUM MESSENGER CAN DO THE EXACT SAME THING, A TOWN MESSENGER COP SHOULD STILL DO IT BECAUSE HE PUTS HIMSELF AT MUCH LOWER RISK OF BEING KILLED/GETTING HIS INVESTIGATIONS KILLED. It is completely advantageous to breadcrumb in that manner rather than publically because you put yourself at a much LOWER risk of being found out and killed by the mafia.

@Glork

That's only if you hit the Godfather, you really think the odds of hitting the Godfather with your ability is higher than scum reading your comment about breadcrumbing and thinking "hmm this guy sounds like he knows more than he should, he's probly the cop, let's whack him"

Also, if the SK does get investigated this way, there's no way he'd kill you at night because a COP THAT DOESNT DETECT SK IS NOT A THREAT TO THE SK, IN FACT YOU ARE AN ASSET TO HIM BECAUSE YOU WON'T LET HIM GET LYNCHED!!! THAT IS GOOD FOR THE SK AND HE WOULD KEEP YOU ALIVE!! IN FACT THAT'S ANOTHER REASON WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO BREADCRUMB MY WAY THAN YOUR WAY!!

Also if the Godfather does get hit by the investigation, he'd have to give up becoming a very likely innocent since he'd be killing you before you gave out the innocent result on him which is a trade-off for the mafia, not a slam dunk kill.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Nai »

You know, I was thinking over this situation, and the mafia kill the cop, regardless of which mafia is killed. The way I understand it, the mafia get the message before day ends, so they can respond. The mafioso spreads the info to his allies, and we lose a cop, before (most likely) he gets to tell the town his responses. Then we lose the cop and gain nothing. That's a stupid way to do it and you know it, Pooky.

I don't care about your opinion on my thoughts on mafia strategy. This isn't the place for that discussion. However, as for the breadcrumbing, I think it's a definite disadvantage to anyone that has the role. If you are forced to breadcrumb, you are also risking revealing yourself to scum, as you said. But he has to do it in order to have any semblance of credibility if he hasn't found scum yet.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:41 pm

not at the beginning of the game when he expects us to have a doctor, most minis have those.

Why does he need to do it to have a semblance of credibility? Are you saying all cops that don't breadcrumb have no credibility or specifically that all cops with messenger ability attached that don't breadcrumb have no credibility?

Lastly, why doesn't he just pretend to be a normal cop if it is such a disadvantage?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Well the concept is that he's not pretending >.>
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Nai »

Pooky wrote:not at the beginning of the game when he expects us to have a doctor, most minis have those.

Why does he need to do it to have a semblance of credibility? Are you saying all cops that don't breadcrumb have no credibility or specifically that all cops with messenger ability attached that don't breadcrumb have no credibility?

Lastly, why doesn't he just pretend to be a normal cop if it is such a disadvantage?
But how would the doctor know he's the cop? Unless he hits the doctor first. But he has about a 1/4 chance of hitting scum, then he's pretty much dead, period. Unless the doc gets really lucky.

And you still aren't reading my posts. It's already been said, several times, by your buddy DGB there, that his claim is like a flying pumpkin with lasers. It's not a very believable claim unless one of two things happens. He finds scum and reveals them, getting them lynched, thus getting the town to know he's town. Or he breadcrumbs so people know he's not just pulling it out of his ass so he can have time to find scum for the town.

As for that, that falls under "LynchAllLiars."
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Skruffs »

This game may be *too* hard to break with anything other than just scumhunting ability.
THe roles are too (and I'm not complaining) outlandish and obscure to be able to track, with any amount of certainty.

Pooky - you can take over Zindaras's role and become Carbon Copy's mason buddy - correct?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:33 pm

I have no idea what would happen if I tried to take over a Mason role, I think I can only take over in terms of being able to do role abilities, the whole turning into a clone thing I don't think is possible. I'll ask the mod.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Post by Nai »

Isn't being able to communicate at night, and being able to know if your partner is town, considered an ability?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Skruffs »

Right.
And I remember you saying that you would have gotten all of Nai's restrictions as well as abilities if we had lynched her.
But you are not saying your choice of who to target is limited - not only people that are just-lynched or whatnot.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

218 pages.

This stuff cost me enough money. It better be worth it. D:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Z'I'll be leaving out of town on Saturday, limited access is foreseen.

Please lynch Glork he's the Godfather. Thank you!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:52 pm

I never said that.

Nai said that.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Nai »

That was me, not Pooky. However, I also say I find it suspicious that he thinks he wouldn't get any restrictions, just the abilities.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”