Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Ripley »

My current thinking is that with Jalyn having gone staright after Sir Tornado on her arrival, and her predecessor never having posted any material at all and therefore nothing incriminating, she's very unlikely ever to get lynched, so I've been focusing on the other three.

I've already made quite a detailed post (881), a lot of which points to Adel probably being innocent, but I said I'd need to look more closely at Lowell as well. I'd made a couple of notes of posts that looked good for Lowell, but on reflection they don't add up to much:
Sir Tornado, Post 747 wrote:Only 2 people benefit from ABR's non-lynch, myself and Lowell. I know that I am not a scum. Ergo, Lowell is.
Lowell, post 808 wrote:IF Adel/Lawrence arent' the last 2 scum, then SIR T is my next most likely candidate.
Hmm, doesn't mean much really. There wasn't anyone else left except Jalyn.

Post 845, Sir T names Adel and Lowell as the scum, rolls dice and votes Lowell (putting him on 2 votes). Doesn't necessarily mean much either, it seemed pretty clear Lawrencelot or Sir T himself would be lynched.

Some comments made by Sir T (numbered by his own posts only):
Sir Tornado, Post 7 wrote: Adel then posts about being on the same wavelength with Lowell. I think that makes me think that they are both townies. Scum would not be bring out the fact that they are voting or FOSing lurkers or any players for that matter in co-ordination themselves.

Lowell and Adel: Seems to be very keen to hunt down the lurkers, and they could be either way. I think, however, that if one of them turns out to be a scum, the other will too.
Twice in one post he groups Adel and Lowell as being of the same alignment, though his initial belief that they are both townies seems to have lessened by the time of the second quote.
Sir Tornado, Post 21 wrote: A vote on Lawrencelot seemed to be a bit idiotic, because I feel he is a townie who has a grudge on ABR for some reason I cannot fathom, and me voting on him might start a bandwagon on him, which would be anti-town.
Seems like a bizarrely complex way of saying "I'm not voting Lawrence because I think he's town." Is there a sinister reason why he finds he has to dance in such a complicated way around what should be a very simple statement, when it comes to explaining why he's not voting this particular player?
Sir Tornado, Post 15 wrote: But, if either Ryan or Adel or both turn out to be scum, Lowell will certainly be the person I would vote for next.
Seems to commit himself to voting Lowell next in these circumstances, but when ryan does actually turn out to be scum, he does nothing of the kind.

However it was Sir Tornado who made the case that Lowell was trying to speed lynch Lawrencelot, with which I actually agreed. I don't see how a comment like Lowell's "My god this is obvious. People, vote for Lawrence already. " can be taken any other way, and it's clear from what happened to Aimee that his remarks about quicklynches never actually happening are ridiculous. So, is Lowell scummy for pushing the quicklynch, or does the fact of a known scum making a case against him count in his favor? I'm not sure. Lowell's done a load of things throughout this game that I've hated, right from the initial (all wordings that follow are mine, not actual quotes) "I'm going to sit back and let the masons do the work of finding scum" through "I'm going to autovote the player who hasn't posted for the longest" right up to "Lawrence and Adel are obvious scum, everyone vote for them" - I don't think there was a single other player who couldn't see how unlikely it was that Lawrence and Adel would both be scum.

So... I think there's a good chance that if Lawrencelot isn't scum, Lowell is. I wish I could say I was absolutely certain it's one of the two, but I'm not quite that sure.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

In short, these are the reasons to vote (correct me if I'm wrong, didn't do a reread):

-Lawrencelot: not believing the masons D1, pretends to be distancing from Adel D2.
-Adel: not believing the masons D1, connecting herself to ryan and Lowell, lurkerhunt D1.
-Lowell: lurkerhunt D1, pushing hard for a Lawrencelot quick-lynch.

Five players are alive. If we mislynch, Ripley (probably) will get killed N4, and we have 2 townies vs 1 scum left. What do you guys think of this plan: we lynch me, if I'm town we lynch Lowell, if I'm scum we lynch Adel. Would this work? We would only be screwed if Jalyn was scum.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Adel »

er, if you are scum we win.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Lowell »

Haha lawrence cracks me up.

Are we really worried this guy isn't scum?

Adel- stop asking to "hear more" from me. I've made my position more than clear.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Adel »

Lowell wrote:Adel- stop asking to "hear more" from me. I've made my position more than clear.
So have I.

The way I see the voting breaking down right now is that Lowell and Adel will vote for Law, Ripley and Law will vote for Lowell, and Jalyn will cast the vote that finally decides who gets hanged. To me that is a town-tell. I think she needs more information before she makes her decision.

I think getting you to talk more will help her make a decision.

Ripley and Jalyn: if all three of us can agree that the set Lowell and Law contains the last scum, it doesn't matter who we hang first. I know that I might be a suspect right along with them, so I was a little hesitant to suggest this. Personally, I'm feeling pretty finished with this game. I think Law is scummier than Lowell, but Lowell is
way
scummier than Jalyn. I think the chances of anything being said that would change my opinion are incredibly low. So I pretty much vote for hanging the two of them together. Vote one today and we either win or autovote the other tomorrow and win. I want to collect my first win already! This game is starting to drag. The girls should just lynch the boys and be done with it. :)
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Adel wrote:er, if you are scum we win.
Oh yeah lol, I already thought there was something about my plan. But still, my point stays the same: I don't mind lynching me if town knows who to lynch next (and if that's a logical choice).
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Adel »

Then consider a self-hammer. I'm pretty sure that we'll take your opinion of Lowell awfully seriously if you turn up town, esp since this is an open set-up. I am pretty confident that Lowell would follow you. Do you agree, Ripley and Jalyn?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote:Then consider a self-hammer. I'm pretty sure that we'll take your opinion of Lowell awfully seriously if you turn up town, esp since this is an open set-up. I am pretty confident that Lowell would follow you. Do you agree, Ripley and Jalyn?
Wow is that post ever suspicious as hell.

So, you ARE the last scum after all? Damn.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

What's scummy about that? She asked if Ripley and Jalyn agreed with it, not you. I'm willing to self-hammer if Ripley and Jalyn agree that Lowell's next, although they could just hammer me themselves.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Lowell »

Well see here's obviously the problem. Um, I don't want to agree to go next if I'm wrong about you. If you're not the last scum, Adel is. So yes, I find it suspicious that she wants to pre-emptively sure up support for my lynch even as she claims to think you're scum.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:45 am

Post by Adel »

Lowell wrote:Just do it. It should be game over.
hypocrite.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote:
Lowell wrote:Just do it. It should be game over.
hypocrite.
Umm you'll notice I didn't try to recruit others for a lynch of you BEFORE lawrence was dead.

I do think him to be the last scum. But if he's not, then I'll bet it's you. The fact that you're going out of your way to make sure everyone agrees with you about me BEFORE you ask to lynch lawrence says a lot about your gameplan...
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Jalyn »

Ripley wrote:So... I think there's a good chance that if Lawrencelot isn't scum, Lowell is. I wish I could say I was absolutely certain it's one of the two, but I'm not quite that sure.
Exactly.
Adel wrote:Then consider a self-hammer. I'm pretty sure that we'll take your opinion of Lowell awfully seriously if you turn up town, esp since this is an open set-up. I am pretty confident that Lowell would follow you. Do you agree, Ripley and Jalyn?
Though I also didn't like this post. Problem is, I think she's basically right, it's either Lawrencelot or Lowell.
I'm going to go ahead and
vote: Lawrencelot
. Offering to self-hammer (The heck?) and then not doing so feels like a final "really, I'm town, I'd even suicide for you if you think it would help" gambit.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Well, lawrence?....
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Patrick »

Just five of you remain in the town now, trying to weed out the last member of the mafia before it's too late. The council decides Lawrencelot is the person they're looking for, and he is executed in short order. After Lawrence has been crushed by the giant hammer, the remaining four of you search his home, finding to your dismay that he had every right to be in this town. And so the fun continues...

Lawrencelot (Townie) has been lynched.

It is night 4. The deadline is 72 hours.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Patrick »

This morning, few people are suprised that Ripley has been murdered. He was known to be the last member of masonic society, though last night, he had no friends to talk to, and was forced to stay at home. It seems he was hit over the head with a hard object, and the impact of the blow killed him instantly. He was doing a crossword at the time, and would undoubtedly have won this month's competition had he not been killed. With the formalities out of way, the remaining three inhabitants gather in the town square for what they know will be the last time. Two of them honest citizens, one a murderer.

Ripley (Mason) head smashed in night 4.

It is day 5. With 3 alive, 2 votes will be enough to lynch. Choose wisely.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Lowell »

Unreal.

I can't believe we're going to lose this.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Adel »

I'm suddenly a little paranoid that Jalyn may be scum, so I'm holding off on voting Lowell for a min. I need to take a day or two to think and talk about this game. One incorrect vote by me or the other townie and we lose.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel I can't seriously believe that you're not scum in this game.

How could you and Lawrence BOTH possibly be town. GAAAHHHH. My brain is spinning.

A vote for me is a loss. Count on it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Jayln, your thoughts, please.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Adel »

Lowell wrote:How could you and Lawrence BOTH possibly be town. GAAAHHHH. My brain is spinning.
Somehow this line made it more comfortable for me to believe that you are scum.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Lowell »

Fuck it. No guts, no glory.

vote Adel

Jalyn, if you're scum, good game.

Here's why I'm voting:

I reread the passages leading up to the Sir T lynch, which at the time took me totally off-guard.

As early as page 31 (is it post 757), Adel is already trying to connect me to Sir T... even before she says she suspects Sir T. That's a point against her. Then, for unclear reasons, all the caution she showed in lynching Sir T more or less disappears when I start pushing for Lawrence. Whatever. None of it fits.

Jalyn, on the other hand, after replacing on page 31, IMMEDIATELY starts attacking Sir T. While this could indeed be a scum gambit, I can't imagine it being so intense, or so... out of left field. There is no way, looking back, that I can see Jalyn and Sir T being on the same side.

In addition, I don't like the way Adel has been trying to set me up for DAYS (and I mean GAME days, not just RL days). The latest "can we agree to kill Lowell if Law is town" nonsense is another example.

Looking back, the relationship between Adel and Sir T seems to fit as a scumpair... at least, FAR better than Jalyn/SirT.

Jalyn, if you have any questions for me, please ask. I'll be happy to answer.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Adel »

Lowell wrote:Jalyn, if you're scum, good game.
QFT

vote:Lowell

I've been suspicious of Lowell forever. Sir T, Lowell, Law, Ryan, Theopor and I were all all the A Papaya wagon, and everyone except Law, ryan and I got off after the mason claim. Law resisted the mason claim slightly longer than I did. I think Lowell and Sir T knew that the mason claims were valid, and jumped off the wagon quickly. ryan was a little more determined than they were, and Law and I were sucked along. Ripley and Law were both more suspicious of Lowell at the end of yesterday than of me.

If Jalyn is scum I'm hammed anyway.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”