Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

You looked suspicious yesterday, and the fact that it looks like MOS was trying quite hard to keep you from getting lynched yesterday is another black mark against you.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Guardian »

Ok, well I can't address "looked suspicious" without more details, but at least that's something.

MoS trying to keep me from getting lynched... eh, I guess it is a black mark against me. I think he was trying (and succeeding :P) to gain my trust, and to look townlike by defending a (scummy?) townie.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:10 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Ahem.

The reason I haven't been posting here, despite being back in town since Thursday night, is because I still haven't finished that damn re-read. I'm on about page 32. I've felt like I promised something and shouldn't post till I could deliver, but honestly, at this point, I've decided to just say fuck it.

I appologize completely. I realize I've been dreadful. I'm abandoning that task but will play from here on out like I mean it. My RL issues have cleared up a lot, and my biggest stressor (the Bar exam) will be over on July 25, so then I'll be normal again.

In the mean time...

I would have definitely switched over to Albert had I been here. I'm surprised he came up pro-town, and I really don't fault the lynch at all. (I thought the fact that he'd had two lynches spring up and then vanish was indicative of him being scum, because I didn't really see any good reason for them to have evaporated, especially twice. Plus there was weird stuff going on with him and other players, especially Guardian. Anyway, I was wrong.)

I'm going to scan MoS's posts right now, and see if I find anything worth noting. I don't know about this Guardian thing...it seems too...easy?
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Guardian »

AutumnEvenings wrote:I don't know about this Guardian thing...it seems too...easy?
That is almost exactly what MoS said :x! It is true, but it's odd that you're saying it like that xD.
Do not lynch me.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:36 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

The sheer amount of times MoS mentions Glork is just staggering. It
could
, however, be indicative of trying to get on Glork's good side, since Glork is the God of Mafia or whatever. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but it makes me very uneasy. Especially in a three-faction game.

Oh, and MrBuddyLee could still definitely be the SK. :p Going after scum was his advice, after all. ;) But I do think that it's highly unlikely that he's regular mafia.

I find it odd that MoS had BeanBagBoy (now Sarc) down as protown, not even just neutral, but did point out he was fishing for the cop. Maybe I'm just biased because I suspected BBB a lot, but...who does that? So I'll go ahead and
FoS: Sarc
for BBB's scummy posts, mason- and cop-fishing, for MoS calling you (him) definitely protown despite all that, for your weird vig thing, and because (*hypocrisy alert!*) I don't feel you've talked about enough players, so I have very little grasp on where you stand in the game.

Also, I already thought BattleMage was pro-town. I don't see how anyone could read MoS and conclude that he and BattleMage were partners. I suppose there's the slight possibility that he's an SK, but I'm still calling him town.

MoS's stance on lurking makes me think there's at least one lurker-scum out there.

He certainly skirted the Shteven thing several times, despite wanting (it seems) to be on good terms with Glork. Interesting.

I don't know what to make of his interactions with Yogurt. It seems a lot of you think that MoS's "protecting" Guardian is indicative of them being buddies. I've never played with MoS, but he's not a newbie, and I know it's WIFOM and all, but really, it seems much more likely that he was trying to earn "I told you so" points than that he was protecting his buddy. Which is why I find his Yogurt stance intriguing. I wonder why he seemed to single him out, especially towards the end. It could be that he was trying to bus a partner, as his (Yogurt's) lynch did seem pretty likely.

His expirement thing was really odd as well.

Anyway, that's what I got.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:40 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Guardian wrote:
AutumnEvenings wrote:I don't know about this Guardian thing...it seems too...easy?
That is almost exactly what MoS said :x! It is true, but it's odd that you're saying it like that xD.
I don't mean that you're "the easy lynch" or whatever--I don't buy into that crap. What I meant was, it seems way too easy that dead scum would lead directly to living scumbuddy because dead scum blatantly protected living buddy. Subtle defenses, soft-ball questioning, looking for alternative lynches right when someone's under pressure, etc. are all things that show partnership to me. It is, as I said, a tad WIFOM, but I really don't think anyone with any experience would be as clumsy as that.

*shrug*
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Sarcastro »

AutumnEvenings wrote:I find it odd that MoS had BeanBagBoy (now Sarc) down as protown, not even just neutral, but did point out he was fishing for the cop. Maybe I'm just biased because I suspected BBB a lot, but...who does that? So I'll go ahead and
FoS: Sarc
for BBB's scummy posts, mason- and cop-fishing, for MoS calling you (him) definitely protown despite all that, for your weird vig thing, and because (*hypocrisy alert!*) I don't feel you've talked about enough players, so I have very little grasp on where you stand in the game.
Well, I can't really defend BBB's actions - to be honest, I did find him scummy multiple times while reading the game, and the only explanation I can offer is that he was a bit of a newb. As for the "weird vig thing", I have no idea why anybody would think that's a scumtell. I like vigs, and I feel that if we do have one, he's made two fewer kills than he should have (yes, I do believe that vigs should kill N0). That post was part joke and part explaining to the possible vig that he's not killing enough. I wasn't trying to speculate on whether or not there is a vig (that sort of speculation is generally bad for the town) and I certainly wasn't looking for someone to claim vig, so I'm quite frankly a bit suspicious of the way you've used that to boost your list of things you find scummy about me.

I don't generally find a need to comment on players whom I don't want dead unless I have a particular reason to or I am asked to. Would you like me to comment on anyone in particular?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:15 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Sarcastro wrote:I don't generally find a need to comment on players whom I don't want dead unless I have a particular reason to or I am asked to. Would you like me to comment on anyone in particular?
Yeah. I'd like your opinions on MrBuddyLee and InHim in particular.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Glork »

Yosarian2 wrote:Good thinking, Glork. This is definatly a good time to bus your buddy Guardian.

vote:Guardian
Hey Yos, did you read that long post I made about how everyone seems to want to call me scummy, but nobody wants to present a case?

Go ahead. Make my day.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:Hey Yos, did you read that long post I made about how everyone seems to want to call me scummy, but nobody wants to present a case?

Go ahead. Make my day.
Eh, I already explained why I don't trust you yesterday. Nothing new since then, really, so I'll probably just keep calling you scummy without making a new case.

Seriously, MOS's buddying up with you yesterday actually makes you look a little more townie in my eyes at the moment then you looked yesterday, but eh, not putting much weight behind something that purely WIFOM.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

But I will say that if you are scum, Glork, it wouldn't surprise me if Guardian was your scumbuddy; the way you defended him, then attacked him, then went on to another bandwagon while still distancing yourself from him, and finally accused me of being linked to him based all seem to point in the direction of a possible link there. And so I was at least half serious when I called your "you can die now scum" vote for Guardian, which he interestingly enough completly ignored, a bussing vote.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:And so I was at least half serious when I called your "you can die now scum" vote for Guardian,
which he interestingly enough completly ignored
, a bussing vote.
Guardian wrote:Yos2, Glork could be scum, but I am not scum. FYI...

Reasoning, anyone?

This wagon is silly ;).
Guardian is annoyed at the lack of reading.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

You responded to my vote, Guardian, and to my comment about Glork bussing you, but you never were like "Glork, why are you voting me?" or any direct response to him, which was what I found interesting. Not that it means that much necessaraly, but it's part of a pattern of how I'd expect a scum being bussed to act.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Glork »

Unless I'm mistaken, I responded to your explanations (though I should go check that to make sure... hold on a sec)...

Eh. You said "gut, mostly." You *did* explain that you thought I was protecting YB and might've been distancing from Guardian, and you didn't like my "you and Guardian are scumbuddies" post. You said that it was "posts like this" which have caused you to suspect me (gosh, that's vaguely reminiscent of what TCS said just a little bit ago)... but when I asked you to clarify, you resorted to "gut" and "talking about playstyle seems like an attempt to confuse the issue."

However, sir, I do not believe that it serves to confuse
anything
. Considering I have a very well-documented history of just calling people scum (whether individually or together) in throwaway comments, I still want to know what makes this particular case different from any other. It's exactly like how BM asks people to discern between "typical BM-scumminess" and "different/unusual BM-scumminess." Using
gut
is not going to cut it with me. Not anymore; not in this game; not when that's the only reasoning anybody can give me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:You responded to my vote, Guardian, and to my comment about Glork bussing you, but you never were like "Glork, why are you voting me?" or any direct response to him, which was what I found interesting. Not that it means that much necessaraly, but it's part of a pattern of how I'd expect a scum being bussed to act.
Yeah, I didn't feel like addressing individually every person on my wagon. Adressing someone who says "roll over and die scum" or words to that effect never seems to go well for the accused anyways.

I addressed everyone with the comment. The wagon is silly, find another ;).
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote: Using
gut
is not going to cut it with me. Not anymore; not in this game; not when that's the only reasoning anybody can give me.
(shrug) He who lives by the gut, dies by the gut. Especally if you're going to defend your
Glork wrote:very well-documented history of just calling people scum in throwaway comments
I'm not sure how you can complain about me doing the same thing to you.

Anyway, today we're lynching Guardian. Like I just said, I'm a little less suspicious of you then I was yesterday, but you're still pretty scummy looking in general.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, today we're lynching Guardian. Like I just said, I'm a little less suspicious of you then I was yesterday, but you're still pretty scummy looking in general.
No, we're really not. Bad idea. Back off from Guardian-lynch.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote: Back off from Guardian-lynch.
But I've got the rope all picked out and everything!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Guardian »

That made me lol :D.

You can still use the rope to lynch someone else, there will be many lynches in this game, I'm sure, don't worry.

If you're bored or whatnot, re-read inHim's posts and tell me what you think. Also Sarcastro.
Do not lynch me.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Shteven »

I'm thinking I should revert to guardian. The case against him is stronger, and if guardian is scum, then it's a black mark which we can use to get Glork next. He was my favorite target for the majority of day one, which I mentioned several times. I wish I had been more determined to see him lynched. Hindsight is 20/20, they say.

The case for Guardian:

He was consistently trying to hop wagons to find one that stuck. Starting on page 9 he placed the third vote on BM. Trying to build a wagon that started to get traction? He also did some considerable jumping afterwards. In total, he's voted for Glork, MBL, BM, N9V, BM, Shteven, TCS, Albert, Shteven, BM, Shteven, Yogurt, BM, inHimshallibe. Repeated wavering, and eager to jump around. The first one was a joke, but afterwards they all appeared serious, or at least as serious as he has been.

MoS's "save" of guardian has already been mentioned. This one falls to whether or not you think MoS would be that straightforward; if not, it's sadly WIFOM. I put some stock into this. Securing a mislynch for any day is worth the risk, in my mind. Perhaps not as much day 1, though, as lynches are likely to fail already; but all it takes is ~2 non-mafia lynches early on and the game is solidly in the mafia's camp. Night kills can still interfere, if you get lucky as we have.

I'll pick up the case on glork for day 3, I think. That is, if Guardian turns out to be scum. I've become undecided on Glork for now; I think his alignment will probably match Guardian's.

Unvote. Vote: Guardian
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by Shteven »

By my unofficial count, that should put guardian at 6 votes, or -2 from lynch. IE, any more voters be very sure what you're doing.

Would be a good time to claim ;)
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

I think people should unvote me as opposed to me claiming at this point. I don't understand the case on me and no one has articulated it well... Whatever I claim, the town loses if I don't get lynched after I claim. I really would ask the people on my wagon to reconsider being on my wagon, before I am forced to claim.

However, if people are stubborn, and want to force out a claim just because they can, I will claim.

Anyone voting me without giving me a chance to claim is extremely suspect
, as I am at -2 and I fully intend to claim if I must...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yeah, Shteven's post of the case on me is clear as anyone's, and I don't see how any of it is indicative of me being scum.
The case for Guardian:

He was consistently trying to hop wagons to find one that stuck.
I've been trying to find a wagon that was scum. That isn't a scumtell...
Starting on page 9 he placed the third vote on BM. Trying to build a wagon that started to get traction? He also did some considerable jumping afterwards. In total, he's voted for Glork, MBL, BM, N9V, BM, Shteven, TCS, Albert, Shteven, BM, Shteven, Yogurt, BM, inHimshallibe. Repeated wavering, and eager to jump around.
Yep -- I don't *know* who the scum are, and I don't stay consistent for the sake of staying consistent. The above has been my attempt at scumhunting.
The first one was a joke, but afterwards they all appeared serious, or at least as serious as he has been.
Yup...
MoS's "save" of guardian has already been mentioned. This one falls to whether or not you think MoS would be that straightforward; if not, it's sadly WIFOM.
Interpreting MoS's defense of me to say that I am scum is misguided... Or at least it runs to an incorrect conclusion. Who knows why MoS defended me. I have previously offered many possible explanations. I can't defend his actions, I am not scum though :|.
I put some stock into this. Securing a mislynch for any day is worth the risk, in my mind. Perhaps not as much day 1, though, as lynches are likely to fail already; but all it takes is ~2 non-mafia lynches early on and the game is solidly in the mafia's camp. Night kills can still interfere, if you get lucky as we have.
I agree that non mafia lynches is bad. So stop trying to lynch me!
I'll pick up the case on glork for day 3, I think.
So much for not being single minded. I remember why I found you scummy...
That is, if Guardian turns out to be scum.
Which I won't...
I've become undecided on Glork for now; I think his alignment will probably match Guardian's.
Why? I am unconvinced his alignment will match mine (
Hint: I am town and he may be scum
).

I would hate for Shteven scum to be giving Glork scum a "cover" here.

Anyways, yeah, unvote, don't make me claim, try and lynch scum.
Do not lynch me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Guardian wrote:I think people should unvote me as opposed to me claiming at this point. I don't understand the case on me and no one has articulated it well... Whatever I claim, the town loses if I don't get lynched after I claim. I really would ask the people on my wagon to reconsider being on my wagon, before I am forced to claim.

However, if people are stubborn, and want to force out a claim just because they can, I will claim.

Anyone voting me without giving me a chance to claim is extremely suspect
, as I am at -2 and I fully intend to claim if I must...
If you want to survive today you have to claim. i'm not adverse to somebody putting you at -1 now, if it means that you do so.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum