SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7925 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 7919, T S O wrote:
In post 7915, Imperium wrote:
In post 7400, Imperium wrote:
In post 7398, Heartless wrote:i think the most damning evidence against twie is the meh read on ceph when confronted on it and the subsequent dicking around and eventual dropping it altogether

I don't think there's really anything good about TWIE's play but I'm still having trouble letting go of the Blonde "I can make myself confirmed town" thing, which would be a pretty impressive play from newscum, who, in his last game as scum, just sort of sat around and let himself get lynched.

Nearly every role in this game has the potential to confirm itself as town. Mine does, for example. It's no great stretch of the imagination for Blonde to think the same and say it, regardless of alignment. This also raises the nasty little problem of TWIE not actually confirming himself and coasting like fuck. You would think he'd at least confirm himself and then coast, if that was his plan.

This alleviates none of my concerns.

It's actually a pretty big stretch to assume that Blonde, who again, is a newbie, would see a way his scum role could confirm him as town because that's impossible. Him faking a way to confirm himself as town seems doubtful because it's a ballsy move from a scum player to claim a power they don't have for absolutely no reason: on the other hand, it would make sense if Blonde interpreted his role wrong and was incorrect about what was "confirmed town" and what wasn't in this meta.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7926 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by T S O »

It would indeed be a ballsy move by a scum player, especially a newb, to claim a power they don't have. That's why Blonde didn't do that. He believed the role he got, and its powers, could confirm him. This is role madness; as scum or town, this is entirely possible in the mind of a newbie player. Blonde-scum is just as likely to think his role can confirm him as town as Blonde-town is - Blonde-town is not more informed in any way than Blonde-scum. Him doing this is completely null.

Onto Skybird, thanks.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7927 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 7926, T S O wrote:It would indeed be a ballsy move by a scum player, especially a newb, to claim a power they don't have. That's why Blonde didn't do that. He believed the role he got, and its powers, could confirm him. This is role madness; as scum or town, this is entirely possible in the mind of a newbie player. Blonde-scum is just as likely to think his role can confirm him as town as Blonde-town is - Blonde-town is not more informed in any way than Blonde-scum. Him doing this is completely null.

Onto Skybird, thanks.

Blonde-scum thinking his role could confirm him as town is less likely than Blonde-town thinking his role could confirm him as town is different because one of these scenarios is possible and the other one isn't.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7928 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by T S O »

How is that the case?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7929 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by T S O »

We know that Blonde, or TWIE now, cannot actually confirm themselves. So, we know Blonde misinterpreted their role. The only question left is if Blonde-town is more likely to misinterpret their role than Blonde-scum.

I propose, this game being role madness, there is no reason to think that.
-Marquis
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7930 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Magua »

I'll translate for Imperium: "A newb scum would not believe their role could confirm them as town because they are not town."

Carry on.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7931 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7930, Magua wrote:I'll translate for Imperium: "A newb scum would not believe their role could confirm them as town because they are not town."

Carry on.

So what's your read on TWIE?
-Marquis
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7932 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Magua »

He's useless and has provided minimal content?

I found his tone slightly more believable than yours D2/D3. But there's really nothing there, and I am not opposed to his death at all.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7933 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 7904, T S O wrote:What is your read on TWIE?

Scum.

In post 7930, Magua wrote:I'll translate for Imperium: "A newb scum would not believe their role could confirm them as town because they are not town."

Carry on.

I guess it could be useful to clarify this.

The reason that Blonde said that, is because at some point in this game I will be confirmed town. I just dont really have that much control over when that happens.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7934 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7933, TheWayItEnds wrote:
The reason that Blonde said that, is because at some point in this game I will be confirmed town. I just dont really have that much control over when that happens.

That's a pretty good evasion method; the indefiniteness of it will probably carry you to LyLo regions.

I'd give you 8/10 for it.
-Marquis
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7935 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I feel like I crumbed the reason why enough already tbh.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7936 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

And yes, I will be present at lylo.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7937 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 7931, T S O wrote:

Carry on.

You didn't respond, buddy.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7938 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7935, TheWayItEnds wrote:I feel like I crumbed the reason why enough already tbh.

Then presumably anyone who cares enough to look (hint: scum at night, hint #2: not me) will find out, meaning the only thing your crumbing is doing now is depriving town of information for a period of time.

Just say what you mean, TWIE.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7939 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Imperium »

Let's flesh out this TWIE read before talking about anything else.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7940 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7937, Imperium wrote:

Carry on.

I was waiting for you to bring up your "softclaimed for Skybird" point - is this you ceding it's utterly irrelevant?
-Marquis
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7941 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 7938, T S O wrote:
In post 7935, TheWayItEnds wrote:I feel like I crumbed the reason why enough already tbh.

Then presumably anyone who cares enough to look (hint: scum at night, hint #2: not me) will find out, meaning the only thing your crumbing is doing now is depriving town of information for a period of time.

Just say what you mean, TWIE.

Possibly.

No thanks.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7942 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 7940, T S O wrote:
In post 7937, Imperium wrote:

Carry on.

I was waiting for you to bring up your "softclaimed for Skybird" point - is this you ceding it's utterly irrelevant?

I wanted to discuss one thing at a time since you're bad at responding to things I bring up.

Is there a reason we can't talk about this point, or...?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7943 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 7934, T S O wrote:

That's a pretty good evasion method; the indefiniteness of it will probably carry you to LyLo regions.

This is amusing to me, as it is
almost
the exact same thing you were trying to do earlier.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7944 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7942, Imperium wrote:
I wanted to discuss one thing at a time since you're bad at responding to things I bring up.

I have responded to everything I really care about - everything you've posted about TWIE-town, for example.

In post 7942, Imperium wrote:Is there a reason we can't talk about this point, or...?

*laughs*

I have asked you to talk about at least Skybird at least three times - it is the only place I feel your imput on TWIE could have further relevance, given that you townread him wrongly for inconsequential reasons twice. If you want to talk about what I've asked you to, I am all ears. If you want to rehash your viewpoint and add nothing new to the table... not so much.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7945 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7943, Magua wrote:
In post 7934, T S O wrote:

This is amusing to me, as it is
almost
the exact same thing you were trying to do earlier.

Oh well, hypocrisy is not a scumtell.

I also will be vindicated for my decision, so I have no qualms with doing what I did.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7946 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by T S O »

It's late and I'm going to bed.

Final thought of the day: I do not understand how mastin has not received a result in days from a basic y/n question.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7947 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by Imperium »

Carry on.

Could you please explain why you disagree with this, TSO?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7948 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 63: That was only 16 pages...

TSO (6): Metal Sonic, Imperium, Zel1nk, vezokpiraka, ooba, Skybird
vezokpiraka (2): Heartless, TSO
Heartless (1): Farside22

Not Voting: Mastin2, Magua, Fourtrouble, Drixx, Espeonage, ZZZX, theaceofspades, TheWayitEnds

It's 9 to lynch indeed!
Deadline is 16 days. I'll put a countdown, but I'm laaaazy

Farside and TAoS are getting replaced.
As a reminder, I actually check for prods whenever I do a votecount, I just dont post in the votecount that Im prodding.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by dramonic »

Zel1nk is having account issues. Until further notice, he'll post as Zel1nk2.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”