Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Indy wrote:I can't help but just be confused by Mert's question,
"So your strategy was to try and target someone you believed would be targetted so you could test your role?"
Just seems like an odd out of the park question. It was first round... how would anyone know who might be targeted? What made you choose Curious? What made anyone choose anyone first round, it was like a stab in the dark trying to turn suspicion to me.
I don't see what the choice and the reason for the first night choice might tell us something. There are various reasons and ways to choose:

each of the following occured to me as possible before we started discussing (Note that I didn't join this part of the discussion before this because I think it is really no tell at all).

try to choose unique
try to choose not unique
choose a certain person because you want to play with them (2/3 you safe him 1/3 you attack him)
choose a certain person because you don't want to play with them (2/3 you safe him 1/3 you attack him)
choose randomly
not make a choice

Of course asking only one player to explain his choice is remarkable indeed!
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

"So your strategy was to try and target someone you believed would be targetted so you could test your role?"
Just seems like an odd out of the park question. It was first round... how would anyone know who might be targeted? What made you choose Curious? What made anyone choose anyone first round, it was like a stab in the dark trying to turn suspicion to me. With that,
Unvote
Vote: Mert
i dont see what you are getting at here. Just like with any protection role on N0, there are a vast number of reasons to choose your target, as addressed by Hjallti. However some people here AREN'T Docs, and thus are pulling their target out of their ass. Thus it can be useful to validate their reasoning. For example, Theo's target may have been reasonable, but his logic for targetting that person was contradictory, making him a target for suspicion. Similarly, CKD chose the safe option of targetting nobody, which was always going to be regarded with suspicion. Hence we asked him his REASONS, to see whether his line of thought at the time might explain his choice.

as for your question about knowing who would be targetted, its pretty logical to expect that most scum are going to target the players they think are a threat, on N0. Similarly, the doctors would logically protect the most capable players, realising that they would be major targets. Of course this isnt always the case, but i think it works as a general rule.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:35 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Just seems like an odd out of the park question. It was first round... how would anyone know who might be targeted? What made you choose Curious? What made anyone choose anyone first round, it was like a stab in the dark trying to turn suspicion to me. With that,
Unvote
It makes perfect sense to me, why would you choose someone to test your role if you think they would be targeted by others, how would that test your role if other people targeting them would mess up your results?
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:42 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Dral wrote:
You think nobody should protect until we know who the quacks are? That would be a pretty exciting game.
I see that it is indeed a question and I read it wrong. I have explained many times why I did not make a night choice. Now that I understand the game (and the odds) I understand why I night choice for us is so important…I never said I thought “nobody should protect.” I read your statement like you were implying that I did.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:53 am

Alright, heading to vacation (tomorrow morning) and will not be back until the 22nd. I will have limited access at best. At any rate..

Unvote Dral

The more I see this guy post, the more I think he more likely the VI (Village Idiot). His posts do have a scum taint to it, but he himself says he is usually lynched Day1 because of his play style…I just do not feel comfortable leaving my vote on him for a week.

If we should happen to go into night while I am away I will submit my night protection to the Mod (now). Will tell you upfront, going to protect Dral…you can work around that as you see fit.

Good luck town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Dral »

Thanks for calling me an idiot. Just why I come here to be offended by some anonymous jerk on the internet. Another reminder why this is my last game on this site. Then you say you are going to protect me??? Do you even know how this game works? I think curiouskarmadog is definately one of the scum.
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:28 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I learned not to interfere when people get personal picking each other, but I must say complaining to be offended while in the same sentence you call someone jerk is a bit strange for me. Probably my English is a bit to bad to grasp that. I also wouldn't have you 'village idiot' to express that you believe Dral is playing 'bad as town'.

Anyway it looks a bit distancing here and that is the third* part I don't like about this last posts.

(*1st: "offending" and 2nd: "distracting away from the game")

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:08 am

heading out, but want to get this in there, "VI" is a term that I commonly run into to describe the player (who is most likely town) that has bad logic, does not really help the town, and appears to be scummy. It is not anymore of an insult than someone calling someone else "scum"...

..I am in 3 other games (1 not on this site) that use VI frequently...you can metagame to see that this was not a personal attack.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Indy »

JordanA24 wrote:
Unvote
It makes perfect sense to me, why would you choose someone to test your role if you think they would be targeted by others, how would that test your role if other people targeting them would mess up your results?
Again, your question makes -zero- sense to me. "Why would I choose someone, if I thought they would be targeted by another?"

When did I -ever- say I thought Curious was going to be targeted by another, I just targeted a random person, that is the way I do.

Now on to you, the way you play and thinks seems to imply that you would need a reason to select someone, so tell me why you selected Curious.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:15 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Indy wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Unvote
Again, your question makes -zero- sense to me. "Why would I choose someone, if I thought they would be targeted by another?"

When did I -ever- say I thought Curious was going to be targeted by another, I just targeted a random person, that is the way I do.

Now on to you, the way you play and thinks seems to imply that you would need a reason to select someone, so tell me why you selected Curious.
Just read back, and realised I misread the question, sorry :oops: .

I protected Mert, not Curious, because I thought he was going to be targetted by scum.

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm back from my extended computer problems, re-reading.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:43 pm

Post by Aimee »

Discussion is going to have to pick up, or you're going to find a deadline slapped on you before you know it.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Aimee »

JDodge and Controlled Burn prodded.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by JDodge »

This exchange between Jordan and Indy is fishy.
Very
fishy.
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Indy »

Want to elaborate? Or are you just tossing accusations in random directions after getting a prod?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

thats what Jdodge DOES. lol
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:54 am

Post by JDodge »

Indy wrote:Want to elaborate? Or are you just tossing accusations in random directions after getting a prod?
Touchy, touchy, touchy...
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:01 am

Post by Hjallti »

i don't think that was touchy... as an outsider I am also interested in what you find fishy, or rather whom you find fishy in that discussion. I feels fishy for me as well but I want to see at least some explanation (not an entire case or so).

I find your last reply a bit dodgy... well, yeah, okay, not really inexpected :-)

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:07 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Hjallti wrote:I find your last reply a bit dodgy
Pun intended?

ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:51 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Hjallti wrote:i don't think that was touchy... as an outsider I am also interested in what you find fishy, or rather whom you find fishy in that discussion. I feels fishy for me as well but I want to see at least some explanation (not an entire case or so).

I find your last reply a bit dodgy... well, yeah, okay, not really inexpected :-)
I feel the same way, I dislike the idea of people implying they know something or have an idea about something, but either don't or aren't willing to share this with the rest of the town. If you have something to say, do so, or just keep quiet about it and bring it up when you feel the time is right.
For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:56 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

I was gonna say, Where is JDodge in the mix of this. Usually he has a say on things.
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:45 am

Post by JDodge »

AmeliaLi wrote:I was gonna say, Where is JDodge in the mix of this. Usually he has a say on things.
Boo.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

JDodge wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:I was gonna say, Where is JDodge in the mix of this. Usually he has a say on things.
Boo.
What the hell?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:33 am

Post by JDodge »

AmeliaLi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Boo.
What the hell?
You were wondering where I was...
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

JDodge wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Boo.
What the hell?
You were wondering where I was...
Ummmm...Kay...You still havn't said anything. You like to control the town, why havn't you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”