SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Heartless »

"One scum in each neighborhood" is my thing and I've been absent since F-16's modkill.

The more I look at this game the more strongly I think that, by the way. The
only
situation that breaks this principle that I might find plausible is the Greeks having two scum, vezok and TSO, but that seems like it's a bit of stretch.

My best theory at this point is that it's TSO, TWIE, and Esp.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:22 am

Post by T S O »

This is incredibly frustrating.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

VOTE: TSO
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:28 am

Post by T S O »

It's like everyone has suddenly been inflicted with a disease where they think I'm scum but not only can they not explain why, they're also convinced they
don't actually need to
because the only one who cares is me. It's like one of those studies in groupthink.

I'd point out that it's usually a bad sign when no-one can actually quantify why they're scumreading me, bar Imperium, who gave some nonsensical drivel, but the groupthink chariot drives on regardless of me pointing out all the holes in its wheels.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am

Post by T S O »

Ah, ZeL1nk, your subpar play is a refreshing constant in this ever-changing game.
-Marquis
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I've explained why multiple times. I could break down why again. And why your play today reads like desperate scum trying to avoid a lynch rather than town actually scum hunting. When I get to a PC later, maybe I will (yet again).
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

Please excuse my subpar play, I am still learning the game and am nowhere near your level yet.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 am

Post by T S O »

I have to admit one of the people I'm most disappointed in is Heartless - I thought Anti's re-read might spark something but it appears he gave up on it. I understand you have no reason to back me, Anti, but nonetheless it's still disappointing.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7330, ZeL1nK wrote:I've explained why multiple times. I could break down why again. And why your play today reads like desperate scum trying to avoid a lynch rather than town actually scum hunting. When I get to a PC later, maybe I will (yet again).

Yes, but it'll be moronic confbias drivel which even you know is false. You've just convinced yourself I'm scum and you're not willing to re-assess that because it's a lot of work for you.

In post 7331, ZeL1nK wrote:Please excuse my subpar play, I am still learning the game and am nowhere near your level yet.

It's okay, you'll get there one day.
-Marquis
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:38 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 7328, T S O wrote:It's like everyone has suddenly been inflicted with a disease where they think I'm scum but not only can they not explain why, they're also convinced they
don't actually need to
because the only one who cares is me. It's like one of those studies in groupthink.

I'd point out that it's usually a bad sign when no-one can actually quantify why they're scumreading me, bar Imperium, who gave some nonsensical drivel, but the groupthink chariot drives on regardless of me pointing out all the holes in its wheels.

What's your read on vezokpiraka?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I need a PC to properly express why everything you're saying feels awkward. I lack the dexterity to do it on a phone.

But while it may be "confbias" (I disagree, it's no more bias than any other scum read from any other person, you're just not writing anything town), you're dismissing it like it has no merit when it's a stronger case than anyone else has so far presented in this game, and certainly far stronger than anything you've presented (which, so far, is a weak case on TD and... what? That mastin is scum because magic).
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:42 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7335, ZeL1nK wrote:I need a PC to properly express why everything you're saying feels awkward. I lack the dexterity to do it on a phone.

You lack the dexterity to do it anywhere, I'd wager, but feel free to try.
-Marquis
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I do but it's even harder on a phone. Sometimes I wish I was a Japanese schoolgirl... Purely to use my phone better, of course.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #7338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 am

Post by farside22 »

I was hoping more from mastin then what I got and frankly I'm not a fan of her actions thus far.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 am

Post by T S O »

My read on vezok: if mastin's telling the truth, which I really need to think about, your theory about neighbourhoods makes vezok confirmed-scum. I am not scumreading vezok on his play, I agree with a lot of what he's saying, like his townread on ace.
-Marquis
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 7300, T S O wrote:
In post 7298, Imperium wrote:
In post 7297, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 7294, T S O wrote:
In post 7291, Imperium wrote:
Vote: TSO

"why don't you play this game"
"oh you're playing"
"vote: tso"

I'm reading what you're saying. You haven't convinced me that you are town yet. I'm not going to treat you with kid gloves just because you're finally trying.

I'm not asking you to treat me with kid gloves? I'm saying that as far as I was aware your sole reason for voting me was me being lynchbait/inactive. Now that that's no longer the case, I have no idea why you're voting me anymore.

1) When I suspect someone for inactivity, it's because I suspect them for coasting through a majority of the game because they can get away with it. Starting to be active in a step in the right direction, but it doesn't immediately erase all suspicion.

2) I am also suspicious of how you pushed the mastin lynch yesterday as an obvious scum push that everyone were idiots for not understanding: it seemed like you were latching on a contradiction in order to get a mislynch even though the contradiction wasn't actually scummy thanks to circumstances.

3) I also really didn't like your "why should I post when I have a ghost guilty on me?" plea: it wasn't the reason for your earlier inactivity and it didn't really seem like a genuine reason for your inactivity at any point.

4) I also don't like your play in general of shooting down the case on you but not really taking initiative elsewhere: it's easy but it doesn't actually make any sort of progress towards a town win.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Imperium »

I don't understand why ZZZX is 100% confirmed to you, mastin: all I got was that he targeted you with an ability that was confirmed (what ability?) and that he hasn't used a night action since D1.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Imperium »

Giving vezok or Zelink or people with claimed night actions additionally seems like a stronger play than giving bees to random people: the "super cop" part of the role seems significantly stronger than the "passive tracker" portion of your role and giving utility to super cop while taking away small utility from passive tracker seems far more optimal than what's happening now.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 7339, T S O wrote:My read on vezok: if mastin's telling the truth, which I really need to think about, your theory about neighbourhoods makes vezok confirmed-scum. I am not scumreading vezok on his play, I agree with a lot of what he's saying, like his townread on ace.

Do you agree with the neighborhood theory? Why are you townreading ace?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #7344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

Imp: Should I do the thing were I put 3 people on the chopping block today?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

No
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Imperium »

I wouldn't, no.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7340, Imperium wrote:When I suspect someone for inactivity, it's because I suspect them for coasting through a majority of the game because they can get away with it. Starting to be active in a step in the right direction, but it doesn't immediately erase all suspicion.

Well, I've picked up my activity, so as far as I'm concerned this point is dying a quick death.

In post 7340, Imperium wrote:I am also suspicious of how you pushed the mastin lynch yesterday as an obvious scum push that everyone were idiots for not understanding: it seemed like you were latching on a contradiction in order to get a mislynch even though the contradiction wasn't actually scummy thanks to circumstances.

I was just attempting to make mastin be held accountable because the "one more day" thing wasn't cutting it with me - I fail to see how this is scummy.

In post 7340, Imperium wrote:I also really didn't like your "why should I post when I have a ghost guilty on me?" plea: it wasn't the reason for your earlier inactivity and it didn't really seem like a genuine reason for your inactivity at any point.

It's still true, though. If there was an accidental mod result which pointed to you being scum and you were town, it's quite demoralising. Do you disagree with this?

In post 7340, Imperium wrote:I also don't like your play in general of shooting down the case on you but not really taking initiative elsewhere: it's easy but it doesn't actually make any sort of progress towards a town win.

It's impossible to take initiative elsewhere until you can defuse the pressure on you because people are all too happy to vote me, absolve themselves of responsibility for the flip, feel slightly bad about the flip and move on. I'm having to prioritise my survival over pushing other people right now.
-Marquis
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 61: It's a new day.

TSO (3): Metal Sonic, Imperium, Zel1nk
heartless (1): vezokpiraka

Not Voting: Skybird, Ooba, Mastin2, Heartless, Magua, Fourtrouble, Drixx, Espeonage, ZZZX, TSO, theaceofspades, Farside22, TheWayitEnds

It's 9 to lynch indeed!
Deadline is 20 days. I'll put a countdown, but I'm laaaazy
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 7343, Imperium wrote:
In post 7339, T S O wrote:My read on vezok: if mastin's telling the truth, which I really need to think about, your theory about neighbourhoods makes vezok confirmed-scum. I am not scumreading vezok on his play, I agree with a lot of what he's saying, like his townread on ace.

Do you agree with the neighborhood theory? Why are you townreading ace?

Can you give me a list of neighbourhoods and their members? I looked through a few people's ISO's, like Heartless, and the resource wasn't available - it would be extremely handy in answering this.
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”