pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:01 am

Post by pickemgenius »

kravhen dops fourth vote on Adel post 42.
kravhen's post 56 is somewhat icky.

Adel is a bit defensive in post 57, don't like the
Adel wrote: Placing a forth vote on someone on page two means that you are awfully willing to see a quicklynch based upon two or three posts from most people.
part of it for sure.

Sir Tornado defends Adel in post 58 (nothing scum-worthy, just worth a mention), and goes after kravhen.
My post 60 is totally true.... STILL

Adel wrote:Common scum tactic:

1. Place vote on someone who already has a vote.
2. Wait patiently
4. Mislynch!

Lynches on day one are often close to random, so resting a vote on a player early is an easy way to shift the odds a little in the direction of that innocent townie player getting lynched. I think it is interesting that lynch -2 isn't close to a mislynch in your eyes... two votes away, and those two can come quick, and when the result is a mislynch it is hard to say who is the scummiest, esp. if it is a VI who cast the hammer vote.
I disagree completely that lynches day one are random, and if they are, you have a really shitty town. L-3, not L-2 is fine for where we were at this point of the game. Don't like mention of VI hammering/voting you to quicklynch reference, almost like anticipating a scum buddy to be the VI, and then being all, but he/she is just the VI so we can write them off.

I like Eroto post 69.

I totally hate Camisade's post 72, well the second half of it anyway.

kravhen in post 73 calls his vote the only valid one out of the four on ADel.

Not sure what to make of the middle portion of post 73 yet.

Second half of Adel's post 76 is skecthy.

To Answer ABR post 90 I give the quoted post an N- no tell or read of alignment can be made from it.

kravhen wrote:
I also want to use this opportunity to shift some focus to those who still have their votes on Adel
. For all we know they could be scum that placed their votes first disguised in randomvoteness and patiently waiting for lynch. Or they could be scumbuddies that think Adel's identity is compromised and dont dare defend her =P
I personally don't like this part of your post 92, it's like hey now that I'm off the Adel wagon I can start criticizing those still on it.

Sir T, more defense of Adel/ attack on kravhen in post 94.

Sir T asking for clarification from Adel in post 98

Blue Zebra votes me for "actively lurking", which FTR he has been basically doing.
Adel wrote: Sometimes I'm willing to say things that I know will be misinterpreted. I think it was worth risking this conversation to make my point. I'm ok with appearing a little scummy when I play town so that I can be more free in what I say.

You shouldn't say things that could be misinterpreted.
If you are town it's not worth being scummy for the sake of being able to say crazy shit.

Eroto calls for more activity from others, and says ABR should share some of his own opinions, when Eroto hasn't really said alot this game.

w00t post 500!!! ZOMFG
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Adel »

pickemgenius wrote:You shouldn't say things that could be misinterpreted.
If you are town it's not worth being scummy for the sake of being able to say crazy shit.
Hell, that is what I really enjoy about being town: I can really get into the psychological warfare aspect of this game. I am all about forcing scumtells by using torture as an interrogation technique.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:07 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Adel wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:You shouldn't say things that could be misinterpreted.
Hell, that is what I really enjoy about being town: I can really get into the psychological warfare aspect of this game. I am all about forcing scumtells by using torture as an interrogation technique.

You do roll crazy.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Erotomachia »

kravhen wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:Albert, you certainly do ask a lot of questions. In fact, your last 6 posts have all been questions. It'd be good to actually hear what your own thoughts are, however.

Anyway, we still need to hear from other players, like CTD and deadscilent.
And YOU. ;)
Fair point.

I've already said that I don't consider the bandwagon on Adel to be dangerous because it was lynch -3. And I think Sir Tornado's accusation that kravhen's vote on Adel was random is off the mark. It was in fact the first justified vote of the bandwagon. We should be careful, though, about focusing too heavily on these two. I think the pressure on Adel was good, but we should also remember to keep it moving.
ABR wrote:I don't like Erotomachia's last post, considering he only made 3 posts, one of which is a random post and another is berating my questioning.
I'm just not a fan of incessant, content-less posts.

Anyway, I had a tough week at work. I'll be posting more regularly from now on.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:23 am

Post by kravhen »

It annoys me that as long as I was attacking Adel, the thread was lively and people were adding to the fire and now that it's over, no one has much to say. That makes a bunch of the quiet ones look scummy.. as if they were enjoying the duel as it kept focus off of them and were counting on it to provoke a mislynch.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

unvote: Adel

Vote: Camisade
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Patrick »

This game has progressed pretty quickly. I'll catch up tomorrow and see how juicy it is. Also nice to see CTD has joined us <3
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Blue Zebra »

unvote

On kravhen:
kravhen wrote:Now I'll
Unvote: Adel
because that seems to be what some of you are waiting for. I also want to use this opportunity to shift some focus to those who still have their votes on Adel. For all we know they could be scum that placed their votes first disguised in randomvoteness and patiently waiting for lynch. Or they could be scumbuddies that think Adel's identity is compromised and dont dare defend her =P
This was the only thing that stood out as scummy to me. For the most part, I can't see scum acting like he is.

Is there a specific reason you voted camisade, pickem?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Blue Zebra wrote:
Heh, hasn't said much, ofcourse Patrick hasn't said much (he will though) and CTD hasn't been able to post a bunch, and from what I've seen from him doesn't post a shitload anyway, so that's why for now.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Every thread needs some central conflict for people to discuss. Discussion just lagged because we diffused the conflict like civilized folks rather than lynching rashly. Now nobody's dead, but there are plenty of posts on record to examine for playstyle elements, tells, and associations. As they say, long days are good for the town.

I will
Unvote, Vote: DeadScilent
because she has said even less (just a random vote). I will go one step further by actually giving her a topic and asking her to comment on who she feels is most scummy at this point.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by camisade »

pickemgenius wrote:
Blue Zebra wrote:
Heh, hasn't said much, ofcourse Patrick hasn't said much (he will though) and CTD hasn't been able to post a bunch, and from what I've seen from him doesn't post a shitload anyway, so that's why for now.
Is it because I called you Village Idiot? :lol: Sorry, I was just confused because all your posts had been really weird, but your posts since CTD showed up have been good. I'm feeling really overwhelmed, because no Mafia game (on other sites) I've ever been in has had this much activity.

And @ Albert B. Rampage, I think krahven was acting pretty scummy. He said that his vote stayed on Adel because of his gut-feeling, and that his vote was the only valid vote? I really didn't get that,
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by kravhen »

camisade wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
Blue Zebra wrote:
Is it because I called you Village Idiot? :lol: Sorry, I was just confused because all your posts had been really weird, but your posts since CTD showed up have been good. I'm feeling really overwhelmed, because no Mafia game (on other sites) I've ever been in has had this much activity.

And @ Albert B. Rampage, I think krahven was acting pretty scummy. He said that his vote stayed on Adel because of his gut-feeling, and that his vote was the only valid vote? I really didn't get that,

"only valid one" meant sure it was the fourth vote, but it was the only justified one after 3 silly/random votes...
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by Adel »

Why did you feel like you needed to justify it at the time you made your post?
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:57 am

Post by kravhen »

Adel wrote:Why did you feel like you needed to justify it at the time you made your post?
I was annoyed. If he read the thread then he should know. I also would replace all the times I said "valid" and say "justified" instead... I used valid because of lack of a better word ( T_T yes call me grammar noob ) until that other person said it.

@camisade: Did Adel's defense seem any scummy to you? What does your gut pick up about her?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:23 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

kravhen wrote:
camisade wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
Blue Zebra wrote:

"only valid one" meant sure it was the fourth vote, but it was the only justified one after 3 silly/random votes...
Yet, had it not been for the 3 silly votes, your vote would not have got a chance to be remotely valid. It was based on bizzare logic that NabNab voted ABR because his supposedly scum buddy Adel had 3 votes on her, and Adel followed NabNab in voting for ABR.

And...
Kravhen wrote:Now I'll Unvote: Adel because that seems to be what some of you are waiting for.
It looks like you are trying a to fit in and comply with everyone's wishes.
Kravhen wrote:I also want to use this opportunity to shift some focus to those who still have their votes on Adel.

Uncomfortable being the town's focus?
Kravhen wrote: For all we know they could be scum that placed their votes first disguised in randomvoteness and patiently waiting for lynch.
Hmm... I don't know about this. But, you know, the town will have to be especially daft if it is to random lynch anyone here. Although I have seen a couple of towns doing that, I don't think this town will.
Kravhen wrote:Or they could be scumbuddies that think Adel's identity is compromised and dont dare defend her
If you think that is the case then why unvote Adel?

BTW, your earlier statement doesn't agree with that last quote...
Kravhen wrote:It was all fun and nonsense until a few votes drop on Adel. Ohh crap now it's mildly serious time, scumbuddy Adel is in trouble, gotta get worked up and point at Albert. Adel then follows her scumbuddy Nabakov's initiative and votes for Albert accusing him of "jumping on a wagon without reason". Strangely enough, Nabakov's previous "Wagon: Teh Scummz who are they again Pickem?" didnt seem like it was jumping on a wagon without reason to Adel =/
From what I can make out, you are saying Adel and NabNab are scum and trying to bandwagon ABR.

People who were voting for Adel just before that:

Albert, Blue Zebra, Pickem

So, you have already said that Albert is town and NabNab and Adel are trying to bandwagon him. That leaves BZ and Pickem (according to your post that is) to be scum with Adel and NabNab.

Then, you say:
Kravhen wrote:Or they (
people who voted for Adel
could be scumbuddies that think Adel's identity is compromised and dont dare defend her
How is that possible? And how could it be "they"? Usually in a standard game of 12, you only have 3 scum, with a possible SK. NabNab wasn't voting for Adel if you check it again.

Sorry, but those two comments of yours don't fit in together.
I'm back!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Adel »

Sir Tornado wrote:Then, you say:
Kravhen wrote:Or they (
people who voted for Adel
could be scumbuddies that think Adel's identity is compromised and dont dare defend her
How is that possible? And how could it be "they"? Usually in a standard game of 12, you only have 3 scum, with a possible SK. NabNab wasn't voting for Adel if you check it again.

Sorry, but those two comments of yours don't fit in together.
His usage of "they" may not be the clearest way he could've phrased that idea, but English can be unwieldy. I read it to mean that he meant more scum could be among the people in the set of players he referred to as "they".

Now I am left wondering if your reaction to his possible scumtell is a scumtell or not.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Atticus »

Alright kiddies! I'm back, and a votecount will be coming soon.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Adel wrote: Now I am left wondering if your reaction to his possible scumtell is a scumtell or not.
Every action in this game can be, by some way or another classified as a scum tell. What one has to do is to select the stronger scum tell from the others and concentrate on it.
I'm back!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Atticus »

"It's been a while since we had a..."

Vote Count

deadscilent
(2):
Erotomachia, NabakovNabakov

Erotomachia
(1):
deadscilent

Blue Zebra
(1):
Albert

CrashTextDummie
(1):
Patrick

camisade
(1):
pickemgenius

kravhen
(1):
Adel

Not voting (5): CrashTextDummie, Sir Tornado, kravhen, Blue Zebra, camisade

Prods going out soon!
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:56 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Sir T: I do feel you misrepresented Kravhen a bit in your analysis. You took everything he said to the extreme and said that he contradicted himself several times just because he threw out multiple therories. As much as his request for a focus elsewhere seems scummy, I feel he has a bit of a point, and I'm becoming more and more suspicious of the poeple who now seem too intent on making Kravhen look scummy.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Patrick »

Bleh. There isn't as much scummy behaviour as I might have expected from the 6 pages that had appeared. I am just a little uncomfortable with pickem's overt spamming and chumminess which seems a bit too prolonged, even though he has posted content since.

I don't get any particular scumvibe from kravhen. The only thing that could be has already been pointed out; The Unvote of Adel because some people seemed to be waiting for it. But overall impression of him is fine.

Sir Tornado, you are currently not voting anyone. So how suspicious are you of kravhen? You've put a fair amount of effort into attacking him, and you think he's contradicted himself several times. Is that enough for a vote at this early stage? It kind of feels like you're waiting to see whether people will agree with you before you commit to voting him.
Sir Tornado wrote:Every action in this game can be, by some way or another classified as a scum tell. What one has to do is to select the stronger scum tell from the others and concentrate on it.
I don't see this. Everything can be classified as a scumtell in some way? :?

Since I don't really like his attack on krahven I'll
Unvote, Vote: Sir Tornado.
Seems a bit better than my random vote on CTD, though I was tempted to leave it there until he posts some content. *Pokes*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Adel »

I don't think me voting for kravhen is accomplishing much right now, but I am awfully sure he will dropping enough scumtells over the next ten pages that he will end up the lynch for today. I think CTD needs to start posting in a hurry though.
unvote:kravhen vote:CrashTestDummy
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Patrick »

lol, that's a funny thing to say. So do you believe he's scum or will he just drop scumtells?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Adel »

I never
know
when a person is scum, but I think he is scummy enough to lynch, and the final case against him will be convincing. If I have over 50% confidence against a person on day 1 I am willing to lynch them. I am more weary of power roles getting outed because they usually seem pretty obvious to me. I have a far easier time identifying power roles than scum in the games I play. If I come across something that exonerates him in my mind I will argue very hard in his defense because I think he very well could be the kind of newbie who looks scummy when playing town- about a 40% chance.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”