Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

You have 20 minutes left. 4 to lynch at deadline. Lynch the scumz.

Official Vote Count #9

xyzzy[4] (Mert, Sefer, MBL, AE)

MBL[3] (Crub, Vendagoat, Glork)
AutumnEvenings{AE}[2] (Stewie, CTD)
Crub[1] (mneme)
Sefer[1] (xyzzy)
Vendagoat[1] (LML)

Not Voting[0] (no one)

With 12 alive, It will take 7 to Lynch.
Last edited by Guardian on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Glork »

LmL wrote:(surprisingly) a Glork lynch
You really are thick. Given that we know there is *EXACTLY* one Doctor in the game, it is prudent to save me until tomorrow, even if you think I am scum anyway. If everybody checks in and does not counter, you will save yourself from what would've been a certain mislynch.

As Mert said, I am definitely NOT the play today, regardless of any player's individual opinion on me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Did I vote you right now? Do I have my vote on you? No.

You are still scummy to me.

I'm walking away from this game right now. I have more important things to do.

I'll keep my vote on Goat until end day. I recommend others follow suit.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

LoudmouthLee wrote:discerning
Wrong word, teach :) You are correct though that I am indeed discerning.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Glork »

Saying you still think I am scummy is COMPLETELY different from saying you'd prefer to lynch me over
anybody
. Even if you were 95% sure that I was scum based on gameplay, I should still not be a preferred lynch over anybody. You don't lynch an uncountered power role in an open setup. Period.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Well, with only 10 minutes, I don't see Grilled Goat on the menu. And if I unvote, we might risk a no-lynch, which is totally lame and non-productive.

*sigh*

Stupid deadline at such a bad time for me. :(
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Stewie's play has been entirely defensive, and just about no scumhunting there. Significantly likely scum.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Glork »

Meh. I'd go in for a Goatlynch.

We'd still need one more.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote, Vote: Xyzzy
ONLY
to put him at Lynch +1 to guarantee that we get
some kind of
lynch today. I still find him somewhat unlikely to be scum. *shrug*
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:Because I don't think that two teammates would be that blatant in wagoning Xyzzy the way they did. However, it would seem perfectly ripe for one member of each team to jump onto Xyzzy the way they did.
This is your reasoning for why he's unlikely scum? That's it?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #10 -- End of Day VC

xyzzy[5] (Mert, Sefer, MBL, AE, Glork)

MBL[2] (Crub, Vendagoat)
AutumnEvenings{AE}[2] (Stewie, CTD)
Crub[1] (mneme)
Sefer[1] (xyzzy)
Vendagoat[1] (LML)

Not Voting[0] (no one)

At deadline, it took 4 to lynch -- xyzzy was lynched!

At the end...

At the end...

At the end...
of the day, the sun is setting on your humble hamlet of
townies
and
e
l
e
m
e
n
t
a
l
s
c
u
m

You decide that one of you must be cast into darkness, and quick, before the sun sets! A full majority is not reached, but with some people going to bed, five people drag xyzzy to the
Pit of Eternal Darkness
and prepare to throw him in. You push, and pull, and try and throw him in. You hands are burning -- he's so hot -- he's one fire --
xyzzy
is a member of the
Fire Mafia
! Seconds after you push him into the pit, he bursts into flames and his ashes line the side of the pit...

Relieved at having lynched a mafia member, you head to bed for a much deserved rest. Well, most of you. The
Insulator
must decide to protect someone from dying, the remaining
Fire Mafia
member must decide who to incinerate tonight, and the two members of the
Ice Mafia
may discuss who to try and freeze amongst themselves. All three groups must notify me of their decision before dawn.

The sun will rise more or less
exactly three days from now
. All choices not in by then will be a no-choice, or randomized! You may change your choice after submitting it, but be sure to have a choice in by that time!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

The sun rises on your small town, and you gather around the
Pit of Eternal Darkness
in the center of the village. You all remember vividly the events of last evening, and wonder what terrors were set upon your town during the night.

It is dusk, and still hard to see... but counting the heads around the pit, you notice that there are only nine of you left.

Then one of you shows up late. "Sorry guys, slept in!" he says. You are all relieved -- but still, there are only ten of you -- someone is missing.

The sun continues to rise, and you see the faces of those around you more and more clearly. You realize that Sefer isn't there. Someone points this out, and you all run to his hut.

You open the door, and find
Sefer
Vanilla Townie
frozen solid
. You all cringe in horror at the pained expression on his face. You push him to the center of the town and topple him down into the pit. You just couldn't stand leaving him there like that.

You hear the echoes of his cube bouncing off the sides of the pit for minutes after you push him in.

Silently, you all stand around the
Pit of Eternal Darkness
, deeply saddened by your loss...

With 10 of you alive, it will take 6 to lynch. Your
deadline is two weeks and one day from now
. (I added the day so the deadline wouldn't fall on the weekend). Lynch the scumz!
Do not lynch me.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Sefer »

Well, this is unsurprising. I miss the time that I didn't get killed the first night I was in a game- I think this is my fifth time in a row :(
Go town!
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Well, either our fire dude knows an Ice Mafia for certain or Glork has a likely innocent. Fire guy, vote away with confidence and we shall follow.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

So, Glork... talk to us.

Who did you protect, Sirrah Glork? Why aren't you dead?

Unless the mafia targeted you, of course, and you're in the opposite faction. Makes for high drama, eh?

FoS: Glork
for.. well.. not dying.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

All right.

So yeah, obviously Fire missed their kill. I don't know if Glork revealing who he healed would tell us anything though. *shrug* I'm still leaning towards believing him. That he didn't die is only slightly concerning--the mafia could be playing WIFOM or could have each thought the other would target him. He still hasn't been countered, so I'm not about to string him up.

Anyway, I think it would be best if we took out the other Fire killer, because then there would only be one death per night at most, which would give us more time to find the Ice killers.

Going off of yesterday, I
don't
think Lee is Fire. His moving off of XYZ is what allowed him to be lynched. I don't see why a partner would do that, since XYZ's lynch wasn't inevitible, plus he didn't actually vote him, so it doesn't feel like distancing.

I also don't really think MrBuddyLee is Fire, because of putting XYZ at L-1 in the way he did.

CTD, on the other hand, placed the first vote on XYZ during the random phase, but unvoted once he'd gotten a handful of votes and voted me instead, to give Stewie his reaction. (Which, yeah.) He left his vote there the rest of the time. It seems like they could be partners. So
FoS:CrashTextDummy

And then there's my old friend Vendagoat. I said early on that if XYZ were evil, Vendagoat felt like a likely partner, and it still feels that way to me. So
FoS:Vendagoat
as well.

And I have absolutely no read on nmeme. Please post something substantial, thanks.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by Crub »

AutumnEvenings wrote: CTD, on the other hand, placed the first vote on XYZ during the random phase, but unvoted once he'd gotten a handful of votes and voted me instead, to give Stewie his reaction. (Which, yeah.) He left his vote there the rest of the time. It seems like they could be partners. So
Didn't you do exactly the same thing? Putting the 2nd random vote on xyzzy and then unvoting when he was at L-2. Also your 2nd vote for xyzzy was made at a time when he was safe from a lynch. But as the wagons changed you couldn't unvote xyzzy without setting up a no-lynch.

FoS: AE
Moo?
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

AutumnEvenings wrote: And then there's my old friend Vendagoat. I said early on that if XYZ were evil, Vendagoat felt like a likely partner, and it still feels that way to me. So
FoS:Vendagoat
as well.
So let's see, you suspect me because of a "feeling" and because I am cautious. You even accuse me of not committing and carefully omit the votes I did make and the reasoning behind them.

Not to mention you quoted post 73 as saying I didn't commit to anything and yet in that post I unvoted my random vote, that was on you. You purposely drew attention to me for unvoting you. This strikes me as odd. I unvoted because I didn't want a random vote on someone who I thought was innocent. So why would you even bring it up? Why point out that specific post as me being wishy washy when it benefited you? Especially when we were under a deadline and random votes could mean the screw to someone? Why the complaint? Did you want the vote on you?

Something from your own hand while talking to XYZ
AutumnEvenings wrote:Well, I voted you because of your name, and
unvoted when it looked serious.
But now I'm just confused by you. As in, I really can't follow a lot of your posts.
So whats good for the gander is no good for the goose?

Also there is some partnering. post 185 with an hour to go before deadline you start to get suspicious of me without rhyme or reason. You just look for others willing to swing in. Again I have to ask why? You certainly never gave a reason there, do you just vote at random? If thats the case then you got lucky.

I just find it strange that right at the end, right before the crap hit the fan, you and lee were looking to shift your vote from someone who had a case built on him, to someone you didn't like over a "feeling".

Well ok I'm here now, let's hear this case or feeling.

Now Glork is out of town it seems, so this is for when he gets back.
How are you still alive my good man? You should be dead, yet here you are. You must be the luckiest man alive.

FOS:AE and Glork

One for playing by feeling and the other one because he lived. Can we call Glork Harry Potter now? :D

Mneme, post something. Your looking more and more scummy to me every moment you don't post.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:35 am

Post by Glork »

LoudmouthLee wrote:So, Glork... talk to us.

Who did you protect, Sirrah Glork?
I don't see why I should be divulging that information at this time.
LmL wrote: Why aren't you dead?
Because neither scumgroup targted me last night.
LmL wrote:Unless the mafia targeted you, of course, and you're in the opposite faction. Makes for high drama, eh?

FoS: Glork
for.. well.. not dying.
Again... unless somebody openly counterclaims, you have
NOTHING
against me.
MBL, Mert, mneme, Crub, Vendagaoat, AE have all openly stated things that specifically indicate that they are not the Doctor. Sefer is dead, Xyzzy died as scum.

You have repeatedly gone on and on about how you are still suspicious of me in spite of the Doctor claim. I honestly worry, LmL, that you are scum who is trying to heavily hint-drop at a counterclaim for the future. However, since it would clearly be to the town's advantage for hypothetical LmL-doc to counterclaim hypothetical GlorkScum today (either the Fire Mafia would be wiped out entirely, or each faction would be down to one player remaining), I am going to ask you straight-up:
Are you the Doctor?

If you say yes, I'll agree to be lynched today, and then you can be lynched tomorrow (as I will most certainly die as the Doctor). If you say no, then the issue of what you think of Glork-not-dying is completely moot unless Stewie or CTD were to counterclaim me. But I want to snuff out any chance that you'll save your "counterclaim" for later. It would clearly be the optimal play today... so if you've got it, go ahead and spill it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:44 am

Post by Glork »

Crub wrote:
AutumnEvenings wrote: CTD, on the other hand, placed the first vote on XYZ during the random phase, but unvoted once he'd gotten a handful of votes and voted me instead, to give Stewie his reaction. (Which, yeah.) He left his vote there the rest of the time. It seems like they could be partners. So
Didn't you do exactly the same thing? Putting the 2nd random vote on xyzzy and then unvoting when he was at L-2. Also your 2nd vote for xyzzy was made at a time when he was safe from a lynch. But as the wagons changed you couldn't unvote xyzzy without setting up a no-lynch.

FoS: AE
But AE was the one who, at the end of the day, expressed a perference to lynch Xyzzy multiple times. If she were Xyzzy's scumbuddy, she could have made a "well, I'm reluctant to do this, but Unvote; Vote: MBL" type of post. MBL would have died, and Xyzzy would have lived.

I pretty much agree with AE's assessment. Part of me wonders if LmL was attempting to get a really late push against Vendagoat to either A) protect one of Xyzzy/MBL; or B) try to get a no-lynch by getting people to swtich aruond their votes. I am also very, very concerned about his continued obsession with calling me scum. It really looks like he's trying to set up a counterclaim, and as I know he can't legitimately counterclaim me, that significantly raises the likelihood of LmLscum in my eyes.

Vote: LoudmouthLee
for the time being. There's definitely something going on here; I just can't quite figure out what it is.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:32 am

Post by mneme »

Er...given that I (mostly) don't play Mafia on weekends and we went to day on Sunday, my lack of posting can't be that suspicious... I did lose track of the game latish on Thursday, though. (though fortunately, my vote wasn't needed to lynch xyz.

FOS: LML
. It's obvious why the scum didn't target glork -- he's too obvious a target for both, and if both target him, they both lose their kills. Optimal play is to trick the town into lynching our doc (fat chance), or a random kill of glork vs someone else -- with a < 50% chance of hitting glork to reduce the chance of kill nullification. Regardless, we have -plenty- of time to worry about Glork as doctor -- since even if he is scum, he gives us a garunteed scum lynch later in the game via a counterclaim -- when the time is right, the "real" doctor can counterclaim, and we can lynch both in whatever order makes sense until we get a scum.

Though...if LML is the last Fire mafia, I could see him having tried to kill Glork, failed, and now knowing Glork is Ice. But that's a thin reed upon which to hang a man, much less two.

I'm not sure whether I want to know who Glork protected. Obviously, the Fire mafia does -- they missed their kill, so they want to know whether they found Ice last night (lynch!) had bad luck and crossed with a protect. And in a way, the town's interest coincides with theirs -- if they found Ice, we do want to lynch them (Ice, that is), whereas if they targeted whoever Glork protected, we probably don't.

Beyond this -- I need to reread.
Did I say too much?
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:45 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Vendagoat wrote:
So let's see, you suspect me because of a "feeling" and because I am cautious. You even accuse me of not committing and carefully omit the votes I did make and the reasoning behind them.
I didn't call you overly cautious; I called your post non-commital. You pointed out that four people were having an argument and FoSed all four of them. That's non-commital because you didn't favor either side, instead choosing to treat all four of them equally. You said XYZ looked suspicious but that you were hesitant to vote. That's non-commital because it's just a "could be evil, could not be, not ready to vote."
GoatsForSale wrote:Not to mention you quoted post 73 as saying I didn't commit to anything and yet in that post I unvoted my random vote, that was on you. You purposely drew attention to me for unvoting you. This strikes me as odd.
Did I? I quoted the post in which you unvoted because of the above reasons and called it non-commital. I didn't mention the unvote at all. Unvoting is fine--unvoting and not voting anyone and not weighing in definitively on any issue is non-commital and scummy.

So, by the way, is blatantly twisting people's posts. :p
PleaseBuyTheGoat wrote:So whats good for the gander is no good for the goose?
Not quite sure what this is in reference to. I removed my random vote on XYZ, yes. I didn't want a lynch on page 2 or whatever it was. I have no problem with people removing their random votes. My point about CTD was not that he removed his vote. Maybe I didn't spell it out right as I was a bit rushed last night.

CTD random voted XYZ in his first post. I've noticed that scum will random vote each other somewhat frequently. (I think it's because they don't know how to react to their partner--ignoring them completely is suspicious, so why not random vote? That sort of thing. Or light distancing. Anyway, I've just seen it enough, here and elsewhere, to notice it.) This is not a "scumtell" or anything, just something I've noticed. I always look back to see who voted scum right away and keep an extra eye on them.

Anyway, he unvoted his random vote, not because of anything to do with XYZ, but to give a reaction to a player who'd said they were seeking reactions. He then
left
his vote there for the rest of the day. I find
that
odd. It's not like he wanted me lynched (or it certainly didn't feel that way), but he didn't use his vote to do anything at all, including securing a deadline lynch.
NoOneWantsTheGoat wrote:Also there is some partnering. post 185 with an hour to go before deadline you start to get suspicious of me without rhyme or reason. You just look for others willing to swing in. Again I have to ask why? You certainly never gave a reason there, do you just vote at random? If thats the case then you got lucky.
Hmm. First, I'd been suspicious of you all along. Second, I was out of town and then tried to lynch you as soon as I got back. I try to get my top suspects lynched--it's just a thing I do. :roll:

And it wasn't random; it was because of you being so non-commital, especially in the post I quoted. Saying "these two lynches look equal to me, I'll vote for the jerk I guess" doesn't particularly do it for me, nor did any of your posts, especially the ones I mentioned. (The closest thing you came to committing on was your Glork vote, a third vote when he was getting heat from several people. So no, I wasn't impressed by that either, especially as I found your reasoning to be of the scummy sort, meaning you didn't just agree with others (as that looks suspicious) but instead pulled out some additional, but actually very weak, reason and used that as your justification.)

Sorry, but I'm just not buying what you're vending. ;)
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:53 am

Post by mneme »

Ok, I've reread a bit.

The only three people who never voted xyz were me, stewie, and vendagoat.

Both Stewie and I promised to vote xyz if needed for the deadline vote, but didn't/didn't need to.

Therefore,
vote: Vendagoat
. Hey, goat -- who'd you try to kill last night? Maybe they're Ice! :)
Did I say too much?
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:54 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

mneme wrote:Though...if LML is the last Fire mafia, I could see him having tried to kill Glork, failed, and now knowing Glork is Ice. But that's a thin reed upon which to hang a man, much less two.
Do you disagree with my point that LmL unvoted MrBuddyLee, who had reached the necessary votes first and thus would be the deadline lynch unless someone placed an additional vote on XYZ, which is what really allowed us to lynch XYZ (he did gain an additional vote, from Glork who said he was doing it pretty much solely to secure a lynch, but Glork was on MrBuddyLee, so I doubt he would have removed his vote had MrBuddyLee still been the leader)? And that that didn't really feel like a move a partner would make, because there was no
point
in doing it, as staying on MBL wouldn't look too suspicious even if he came up town, and he didn't win any good grace by actually voting XYZ?

It's quite possible LoudmouthLee is Ice mafia, but I really don't see him as being XYZ's surviving partner.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:02 am

Post by mneme »

Autumn: having reread and done the numbers, I agree. I think xyz's survivng partner is either Stewie or Vendagoat -- and think it's somewhat more likely that it's Vendagoat. (though both xyz and Stewie going ice-hunting on page 1 does push a Stewie/xyz link).

(PS: why can't I use bbcode links with text in this forum?) Or is it just preview?

Mod edited to fix links...
Did I say too much?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”