AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:24 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

It looks like I'm a doctor, which is a good thing I guess.... I can't believe no one else went for JDodge.

We need to flush out the liers....
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:03 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

AmeliaLi wrote:It looks like I'm a doctor, which is a good thing I guess.... I can't believe no one else went for JDodge.

how do you know you are a doctor? What is your plan to flush liars?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:01 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:It looks like I'm a doctor, which is a good thing I guess.... I can't believe no one else went for JDodge.

1) No one else claimed they voted for JDodge, and I did. So I'm hoping I'm a doc.

2) I'm currently working on it. I'll have something soon...
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

or you are a Quack, and Jdodge is scum.

AmeliaLi wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:

1) No one else claimed they voted for JDodge, and I did. So I'm hoping I'm a doc.

2) I'm currently working on it. I'll have something soon...
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Indy »

I would like to hear more from Mert, I also want to ask.

Also CKD, a quack only kills a doctor correct? So Mert and I could be any combination of quack/doc/fibbing-mafia.
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Indy »

Bah, sent that before I rewrote it, I think it makes sense though.

A quack cannot kill mafia or townies correct?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Mert »

Indy wrote:A quack cannot kill mafia or townies correct?
There are no townies. There are Quacks, Doctors and Scum. Quacks do not kill scum if they target them but the do kill Doctors. Doctors protect from one kill, whether it comes from Quack or Scum.

So what prompted you to protect CKD last night?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Indy »

First round, I decided to just protect a random person and hope maybe they got an attempt on their life so I could be sure about their or my role.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Mert »

So your strategy was to try and target someone you believed would be targetted so you could test your role?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

Mert wrote:So your strategy was to try and target someone you believed would be targeted so you could test your role?
Yeah, I agree, that makes no sense. Indy, how were you going to figure out if you're a doc or quack when you fully expected someone else to target the same person?
For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Dral »

unvote: Mert
vote: curiouskarmadog

Someone who doesn't target anyone does us no good. We gain no information. It is also the safest claim for a scum. We can't catch a scum in a lie if they claim they didn't target anyone. On the plus side, we lose no info by lynching him today.

If it matters, I targeted FeRnAnDo to test to see if I was a doctor or not. I tried to pick someone I thought no one else would pick. I guess it worked a little too good.
Or it could be any of the following:
1. JDodge is scum.
2. You are scum.
3. FeRnAnDo protected JDodge and you are a quack.
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Also, if we all were on honest, wont it be easy for scum to pick out the doctor from Hjallti’s list?
If we were all honest??? I really hope no townies are lieing. It could really mess us up trying to figure it out.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Hjallti »

At this point we can only try to conclude something about FeRnAnDo's death. All other groups give some info but it is to scattered around that it basically leaves us with no conclusions to day except that we loose some possible combinations.

For AmeliaLi people have already given some possibilities. For the 3 voting on Mert there are some more.

Remember we don't know the following things:
1 Who of us is lying? (should be 3)
2 Who was targeted by FeRnAnDo?
3 Who is quck and who is not?

Only scum know their role and Dral knows his role, which might be scum or quack.

I think we may assume FeRnAnDo to be a regular doc.

Another thing I'm curious about (sorry bad joke):
Why did curious say it is crap we have only 3 rather than 6 quacks? It looks like you wanted the opposite, and thus a scum tell:
FoS: CuriousKarmaDog
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Hjallti wrote: I think we may assume FeRnAnDo to be a regular doc.
wow, i was really liking your analysis up to that point. It was detailed, and factual, and then you stick in what is no more than a guess. :(
still i suppose the quality of the rest of your analysis compensates for that mistake. :p
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Post by Hjallti »

The reason I use 'think we may assume' is because I am pretty new here and it seems it is a general rule that the mod gives away the thruthful line up of player on his death. I would expect that with a 'quack doctor' this would be told at the death scene. Maybe the
mod
can answer the question:
Would you reveal of a death player that (s)he is quack or not?
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Hjallti wrote:The reason I use 'think we may assume' is because I am pretty new here and it seems it is a general rule that the mod gives away the thruthful line up of player on his death. I would expect that with a 'quack doctor' this would be told at the death scene. Maybe the
mod
can answer the question:
Would you reveal of a death player that (s)he is quack or not?
I already asked that. lol
apparently the mod is checking it out with some other people before she can be sure.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:58 am

As I stated, this is my first Quack game.

I did not pick anyone because I thought there were 6 quacks and 3 doctors..I have never played a quack game before, and did not like the odds of killing a townsperson. IF I was mafia trying to be town, wouldnt it have been easier to say I targetted Fern?

Speaking of targeting Fern (and this is going to come off as a OMGUS vote)..but

vote Dral

if anybody does any metagaming, they will find a current game that Dral was too busy to play in (that started before this one) and had to be replaced. I think he stayed in this game because he is mafia which is far more interesting than being a vanilla townie..I am sure if I dig a little more I will find more games.

Dral, care to comment on why you had to be replaced in other games, but want to play this one?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:03 am

Post by JordanA24 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:IF I was mafia trying to be town, wouldnt it have been easier to say I targetted Fern?
WIFOM, WIFOM, WIFOM
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:06 am

Hjallti wrote: Another thing I'm curious about (sorry bad joke):
Why did curious say it is crap we have only 3 rather than 6 quacks? It looks like you wanted the opposite, and thus a scum tell:
FoS: CuriousKarmaDog
Hey, I know we are in day 1 and we are trying to find anything to start applying pressure to anyone, so I get it. But this is a stretch, how do you gather I wanted the opposite?

If you check out my post (109) I was reasoning based on my belief that there were only 3 Docs…I was just confused.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:06 am

JordanA24 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:IF I was mafia trying to be town, wouldnt it have been easier to say I targetted Fern?
WIFOM, WIFOM, WIFOM
so, is it any less true?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:if anybody does any metagaming, they will find a current game that Dral was too busy to play in (that started before this one) and had to be replaced. I think he stayed in this game because he is mafia which is far more interesting than being a vanilla townie..I am sure if I dig a little more I will find more games.

Dral, care to comment on why you had to be replaced in other games, but want to play this one?
I don't think we are allowed to talk about other ongoing games especially since some people are in both. So no, I don't care to comment. You will not find other games. This is my only game.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 am

Dral wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:if anybody does any metagaming, they will find a current game that Dral was too busy to play in (that started before this one) and had to be replaced. I think he stayed in this game because he is mafia which is far more interesting than being a vanilla townie..I am sure if I dig a little more I will find more games.

I don't think we are allowed to talk about other ongoing games especially since some people are in both. So no, I don't care to comment. You will not find other games. This is my only game.
I do not think we are aloud to reference the game number, but I do urge everyone to metagame a bit.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:51 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:

I do not think we are aloud to reference the game number, but I do urge everyone to metagame a bit.
Metagaming is, and always has been in my opinion, a terrible idea. In a strictly C9 environment, I could see the possibility of metagaming being helpful where the same roles are always in play, but with the amount of theme games and so many games with many different role setups, it makes metagaming a crapshoot that is about as effective as flipping a coin, heads you're scum, tails you're town.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:19 am

ControlledBurn wrote:
Metagaming is, and always has been in my opinion, a terrible idea. In a strictly C9 environment, I could see the possibility of metagaming being helpful where the same roles are always in play, but with the amount of theme games and so many games with many different role setups, it makes metagaming a crapshoot that is about as effective as flipping a coin, heads you're scum, tails you're town.
Hypothetical situtation:

Let says you were in a game (Game 3) with someone (person A) who previously was in games (Game 1 and Game 2). While in Game 1 and 2, person A signs up for Game 3. Game 1 was close to the endgame. Person A did not post much in Game 2 and once Game 3 started, he sought a replacement for himself (no reason given). However, the game Person A is in with you, he is an active poster.

1.) You would not want that information? If no, why?
2.) In a game where a Day 1 one lynch is based on conjecture and theory, what conclusions would you draw from Person A, who chose to play Game 3, but wanted a replacement for Game 2.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:28 am

Post by ControlledBurn »

Because there could be an infinite number of reasons he asked for a replacement. Maybe he didn't like the mod, maybe he didn't like one of the other players, maybe he just decided he didn't like that game type. Sure, the metagaming could be right, but most of the time metagaming turns out to be little more than conjecture.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”