MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Jack, I'm doing last-minute rereads to see what additional info I can thwap down before night comes. I misinterpreted your interaction with Glork because I was isolating your posts, but I want to post things people are doing in this final push that are/aren't pro-town. For example, Albert having the energy to check the thread and post 20 times but not the dedication to provide the simplest of reasons behind his 5-6 suspicions is scummy.
Albert wrote:I honestly don't know who is scum and who is not yet
It's difficult to invent reasons that sound real--when you're scum. Give it a try, Albert.

MBL, Sarc, Yogurt, Glork, Hungry Joe. Two sentences on each, how tough is that compared to "MOS, save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You haven't been pro-town at all...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Also, Albert, why would you say this about someone you think is likely scum:
Albert wrote:How can BillyTwilight and Glork's posts not convince you ?
Shouldn't you be viewing Glork's posts with healthy suspicion if you find him scummy?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You haven't been pro-town at all...
Even if I wasnt acting pro-town, it wouldnt be as much as you.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by Guardian »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Also, Albert, why would you say this about someone you think is likely scum:
Shouldn't you be viewing Glork's posts with healthy suspicion if you find him scummy?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:06 pm

No, because the reasoning behind his analysis of the current situation are sound.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Also, Albert, why would you say this about someone you think is likely scum:
We've been over this, he wants to save himself.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:No, because the reasoning behind his analysis of the current situation are sound.
But you think hes scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Actually...

thinking really hard, YB is probably not scum either. In that case it would be too late to catch scum anyway.

I give up. This game has been too much for me from the beginning.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Guardian »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:thinking really hard, YB is probably not scum either. In that case it would be too late to catch scum anyway.
These are my initial sentiments. Re-read commencing.
Do not lynch me.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

If neither are scum, then what we have is two goofy players getting run up by town fed up with their goofiness, and it's given scum great cover. However, there are a few hallmarks of town to look for:

Town wouldn't be singling out those two at this point--they'd be looking at all 18 players to see who's lurking, who's manipulating, who's trying to appear active, who's tilting at windmills.

Town would also be concerned about leaving a legacy if they're one of the 2-3 players who die tonight. If scum dies tonight they're more concerned with not saying anything that'll give their partners away upon reread.

It's a loooong way to deadline. 14 hours is an eternity. Get to work.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:24 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:MBL, Sarc, Yogurt, Glork, Hungry Joe. Two sentences on each, how tough is that compared to "MOS, save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"?
MBL
MoS wrote: MBL is lurking, this is not usual play for him, not sure what to make of it, though. Pops up out of nowhere to say YB made a scummy post, doesn't explain why it's scummy, then disappears for several pages, not responding to people's comments towards him. Still has not explained Glork's early questions about the SV kill remark. I don't understand his eventual explanation of that remark, and he gives no reasons for his suspicions. MBL makes a bad conclusion about BT parroting people, when it's obvious he was stating his opinions on the discussion and trying to get answers about people's actions. Wow, every post MBL makes seems scummier than the last...MBL is really pushing overly hard on TCS regarding the townie claim from Albert, I think he's scum that latched onto something to try and start pushing a bandwagon against TCS eventually. MBL seems to be *trying* to make Glork look scummy in [538]. There is no reason for a scum Glork to have *forgotten* that reason while a protown Glork would remember. It is completely understandable that Glork wouldn't mention that on accident. MBL is trying to make a molehill out of an ant farm.
Sarcastro:
Sarcastro wrote:42 pages and it's still Day One?! It's like my own personal hell.

I'm tempted to just agree with Glork and vote for this Shteven fellow, but I suppose I'll read the thread first.

And then I'll agree with Glork.
Sarcastro wrote:Actually, to be perfectly honest, I'd be happy to hammer just about anyone at this point, solely to end this torturous day.
I found these two posts scummy because of the wording and style of writing.

YB:
BillyTwilight wrote:
Im sorry, I wont post frequently anymore when I play games. The thing is, Even if I do contradict myself on the bandwagon thing, I have reasons more than others who just say "I agree With Billy Twilight, Yogurt is scum, I finished my Re-read, I still think YB is scum, I think YB is scum for talking about I think he is scum" So, Some of the pepole who are on my bandwagon for that, you are contradicting yourself. Sarc, I mmainly pointing at you because BBB (Plessiez) Was voting me without BT's pbpa, and you all of the sudden come in and re-vote me after reading this pbpa. Let's face it, This bandwagon is easier to jump on than Guardian's, Which is the operfect oppurtunity for scum. FOS:Sarc. I think I will Do some more pbpa's of the pole on my bandwagon, and Im sure I'll find at least 1 person acting more scummy than me.( Look at Jack, and BT, barely posting, Lurking, Starting Bandwagons, Looking Pro-town). I actually belive MoS is the only one on the bandwagon that is Pro-town for the most part, since his case one me contains more info from himself and less info from Billy's Pbpa, but maybe that just what he wants. Bt's Contstant, "Maybe Yes, Maybe No" Comments about me are odd, I definetly think he's signaling his buddies or He wants to point Fingers at me( Fingers of suspicon, in a way, but not nesscarily, since he's voting me anyways.) I think I will look for connections between Billy and the pepole on this bandwago(Jack,HungryJoe,Mos,Sarcastro/BBB)I still think this pbpa is more of a (and this will sound really stupid when Isay it) "Scum Roundup" Than an Actuall acusation.
But Billy does have good stuff on me, I must say, So Im unsure about Billy's intentions. I will say, He's made it very easy for pepole to vote me and get away with it. If thats what you wanted Billy, Good Job. Fos: BillyTwilight
How is YB still not lynched? He effectively says, "BT, you got a good case against me," then he says, "but everyone who's been swayed by this case is scum. And I am going to FoS Billy for bringing a case against me that makes me look like scum. Like Jack, he's been lurking and starting bandwagons and looking protown, and with all this evidence against me he's just trying to point more fingers against me to signal all of his scumbuddies who just jumped right on the wagon with him, because even though I know he has a good case against me no one who is pro-town would actually be swayed into believing this unless they had their own reasons to be voting me." Please.

Lets see, when forced to claim he accuses Jack of rolefishing in post #1117. Then he continues the OMGUS in #1137, accusing MoS of being scum with me. By post #1143 I've become the godfather. It'd be nice if YB actually attempted to back up his accusations of me with anything other than OMGUS reasons. I've already talked about his crashing on the Albert wagon, but to reiterate, he jumped at the first chance he could of getting someone lynched instead of himself, even though he's been consistently on TCS the last month or so. At this point his OMGUSy play is ridiculous. YB, I suppose now I am the godfather, Sarcastro, HungryJoe, Jack, Glork, and Albert are all scum for voting you; I guess you'd include in that list TCS, maybe Guardian and MBL, and who know who else from the way accusations have been thrown around by you the last 15 pages or so.

There is a lot else to comment on, but I don't have the time right now to pick through the posts and hit them up. Albert's play has looked bad the last several pages, but I think it's bad/frustrated town play, not scum. Or at least, not scummy enough to lynch him
en lieu
of YB.
My suspicions on HungryJoe rest primarily on his actions early in the day, in regards to me and BM. He made several comments I deem false, and his OMGUSy attitude in general makes me lean towards him as scum.

Glork because I think that if he were town, he would have kept his vote for me. I don't buy this "informational" argument.

There you have it.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Hey look, another suspcion based ioff of BT
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:29 pm

Its the same one lol
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork, can you please give me four things right now:

1) Your opinion of Albert's play.
2) Your opinion of Albert's alignment based on the way other people are dealing with him.
3) Your opinion of YB's play.
4) Your opinion of YB's alignment based on how other people are dealing with him.

I know you've given this piecemeal, but I'd like to see it summarized. Shouldn't take you more than two minutes.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Guardian »

I am not going to give reasons now, but from re-read, my suspicions are:

scum?+:
glork
xyz
bm - sk?
Sarc

scum?:
hh
yb
others...

The first group I feel better about, the second group (that I just decided not to post the entirety of) I really don't feel strongly about, with HH being the strongest.

From re-reading, and thinking objectively, I think I have sucked this game. :|. YB has exhibited the behaviors that I said were his scum tells, and what I thought were his town tells are not that reliable... I also really don't like his claim (even how he claimed) or his actions in the past few pages.

One thing, for the town's benefit -- I think BM is the sk/scum for these reasons: his lurking after suspicion fell off him, his pushing suspicion onto people for bad reasons, and his deep sadness at being replaced - sk tell for BM, I would believe.

The first two are the important ones.

Glork I also feel pretty good about, for reasons others already stated.

I think I have found one or two new people (ie not YB) who I think are likely town. I am not going to paint a target on their backs for the scum though.

Anyways,
unvote: Shteven vote: YogurtBandit

I don't feel great about YB or Albert as being scum, but I feel slightly better about YB. The wagon on Albert just now was crazy, also I think Albert will be more helpful in the following days. I still love you lots YB <3. Please be scum.

As MBL pointed out (stop reading my mind MBL, freaking me out...) we have 16 or so hours, so we do have some time to change our minds or whatnot.

If YB does get lynched and turns up town, I am going to feel like a complete fool for switching to him after defending him so hard, and for not trusting my read... But then again, Albert could also be town... damnit he could be scum, though. They both could be... Anyways, I think, I *think* Albert may be having more helpful analysis, so there you go.

Albert, if you're scum I hate you.

meh.
Do not lynch me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Off the top of my head, here's what I would probably say:
1) Desperate, primarily defensive, not very noteworthy overall, definite use of bad tactics, stubborn asserations that his tactics are legit (which I see as a definite pro-town sign, btw... IIRC, that's one of the reasons I laid off of Albert the first time around, after talking with him)
2) Very likely town
3) Lashing out here and there, seemingly on a whim at times, not particularly helpful
4) Indiscernable
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Guardian wrote:The wagon on Albert just now was crazy, also I think Albert will be more helpful in the following days. I still love you lots YB <3. Please be scum.
QFT
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

So Albert, whatever happened towards your whole, "Now I thionk Yb is town" run?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Glork »

Could I please have summarized statements about why people think I am scummy? inHim explained himself reasonably well recently, but backed off a bit when he realized he was mistaken reagrding my behavior. The best TCS gave was "gut" earlier in the game, then "based on his convo with Yos2." Shteven's is based primarily on Burden of Proficiency, and I think we all know how I feel about that. Others have said that I look scummy, but have either declined to give me reasons, or they have cited other people as their references.

I want summary posts from Albert, Guardian, TCS, and anybody else who thinks I am likely to be scum. Because while there is a lot of noise coming in my direction, I honestly don't understand why most of it is there... which makes me wonder.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:01 pm

YogurtBandit wrote:So Albert, whatever happened towards your whole, "Now I thionk Yb is town" run?
I still think I'm more useful than you, and I am confirmed 100% town to myself while you are not.
Glork wrote:Could I please have summarized statements about why people think I am scummy? inHim explained himself reasonably well recently, but backed off a bit when he realized he was mistaken reagrding my behavior. The best TCS gave was "gut" earlier in the game, then "based on his convo with Yos2." Shteven's is based primarily on Burden of Proficiency, and I think we all know how I feel about that. Others have said that I look scummy, but have either declined to give me reasons, or they have cited other people as their references.

I want summary posts from Albert, Guardian, TCS, and anybody else who thinks I am likely to be scum. Because while there is a lot of noise coming in my direction, I honestly don't understand why most of it is there... which makes me wonder.
If you already think I'm likely innocent, what information will you gain from my lynch ?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count

Albert B. Rampage – 8 – Yosarian2, xyzzy, MrBuddyLee, HackerHuck, YogurtBandit, Shteven, The Central Scrutinizer, inHimShallIBe
YogurtBandit – 8 – Sarcastro, Billy Twilight, HungryJoe, Jack, Glork, Albert B. Rampage, Mastermind of Sin, Guardian

Guardian – 2 – Battle Mage, AutumnEvenings

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline!

Not voting – 0 – Nobody

Albert B. Rampage hit 8 votes first, so he would be the person lynched if the vote count did not change.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Albert wrote:If you already think I'm likely innocent, what information will you gain from my lynch ?
Not much of a reason for thinking I'm scum, but here's an answer:
While I already have the angle I'm looking for, based on my observations, an Albert-lynch would:
A) Either confirm that I was right (not a significant impact on my current feelings) or prove me wrong (which would
certainly
help put this game in perspective for me)
B) Give everybody who is either undecided or thinking you are scum similar confirmation/information.

I'm not talking specifically about myself when I say that an Albert-lynch gives good info. I'm talking about the info it would provide to
everybody
. Suppose Yos2 is just a horribly mistaken townie. Finding out that you were pro-town would help him fix his perspective on a lot of other players, I imagine.

I don't understand how you turned "give good info" into "give
me, specifically me, and only me
good info."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 pm

I thought you concocted a better plan that would require knowledge of my alignment, what with this post:
Glork wrote:At this precise moment in time, no.
when asked the reasons why my lynch would provide information.

As I said in the initial post, I am less suspicious of you than the others mentioned.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:14 pm

MBL, you still think I am more likely scum than YB ?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”