elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:20 am

Post by elusive »

Actually, when I thought you might be X or Y I thought of replacing out but then I doubted you would join an ika game.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Ellie »

In post 2410, Ozgin wrote:
In post 2317, Ellie wrote:
Setup design is not statistical.
The existence of a werewolf faction has as much to do with those twelve games as the result of a coin flip has to do with previous coin flips. Base setup spec on knowledge of ika, or stop speculating.

While events can be
independent
(what you described with the coin flips), in the world of probability
independence is actually vital to determining chance.
For any given independent event, there is still a probability of it happening.

So let's assume that there are wolves. If ABR is correct in saying the last 12 games did not have wolves, then the rate of wolves is 1/13. That makes P(Wolves) = 1/13 = 0.07692, roughly 7.69% of Normal games have a Wolf faction.

Converse
ly, there is a 12/13 chance that there is not a werewolf faction. P(Wolfc) = 12/13 = .92307, or about 92.31% of the time. For any independent event, the probability of it happening n times is P(event)^n, so the probability of us
not
having wolves is P(Wolfc)^13 (Since this will be the 13th game in the series of events) which is .34002, or ~34%.

But, here's the catch. It dawned on me that this happens only when events are random.
If ika did this setup 100% randomly, then my statistics are accurate. However, it is unlikely and unreasonable to assume randomness in a game that is created and operated at the leisure of a mod, therefore I must reject my probabilities based on reasons of bias.

In other words, arguing over the
chances
of this happening is pointless from a statistics standpoint. However, it is
completely valid
to say something to the degree of, "I find it hard to believe vf's story because it just seems so unlikely." It's okay to say that because, since the game was designed with a natural bias, everything is of opinion and vf cannot prove his case and nobody can disprove the case.

As previously stated, the point is that the probability of a random setup including a werewolf faction is completely outweighed by the probability of ika including a mechanic by which protection targets are informed, which would mean there
must
be either a werewolf faction or serial killer. ABR and others keep returning the conversation to the wrong issue, the statistics of werewolf factions, when that has nothing whatsoever to do with vikingfan's alignment.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:26 am

Post by elusive »

You could ask ika and PM me about it, you know so I wasn't confuzzled as hell.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Ellie »

shimmers

I hope I don't make you want to replace out, but there was a lot of drama and not much chance to talk when you left. I would probably replace out so you don't have to if that were the case.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Ellie »

This alt identity has some quirks.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:36 am

Post by elusive »

Okies, aren't you glad I wrote those fan fics? <3 I'm happy you're here and eventually I will be able to have an alt with *quirks* and not alt slip two seconds after making it.

My replace out fear was related to a particular person who said "ika or me" and I chose ika so here we are. No backsies on those kinds of nonsense.

I'm trying to reread this game now and will update today at some point. Pisskop interactions make FA_Q2 look back. I'm not sure about NakedJogger actually, he might be maniac town as I sort of thought at one point.
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Ozgin »

In post 2448, Ellie wrote:
In post 2445, Ozgin wrote:If vikingfan would just answer my question about his response pm at the start of this day/last night, I would be more inclined to lean Ellie and probably move my vote.

Erm, ignoring the part about me, why would that make you unvote VF? The case against him doesn't rest on that, and he could pretty easily BS something as scum anyway. Explain.

But that's the thing, if his PM really said nothing about his research, I don't think it would make sense for him to know about getting shot and healed but then not say "No Result." Plus, I also want to hear from him the truth about his position, all together in one post. I want him to make a case, all he's been doing in response to pressure is trying to throw attention to ABR.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:39 am

Post by elusive »

Ellie, You should still ask ika and like PM me and stuff :P
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 2455, elusive wrote:Pisskop interactions make FA_Q2 look back.

?

I assume that this was supposed to say bad. If not, I have no idea what you are getting at.

care to expound?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 2413, Albert B. Rampage wrote:At this point, I would like for everyone to vote for one of me, ellie and vikingfan.

Then we will see where each one stands.

My role pm is still an issue. I can't say anything more about it due to ongoing games.

It is not at issue at all - virtually everyone is pretty sure it was an outright lie. The issue is that you lied. As others seem confident that this is your general meta day one (and it was even said that you were likely lying when you claimed on day 1) many of us are running with that as a non tell.

I don't like the fact that you are willing to lie and am usually all about lynching players that act in that fashion but we have good scum suspects this day and I am not willing to policy lynch when scum is apparent. Lynching you really is nothing more than a policy lynch. I find support of such a scum tell when there are good candidates available.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 2377, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2376, FA_Q2 wrote:People disagree - how terrible.

It would be far better pointing out WHY people disagree rather than simply pointing out that there is disagreement. Disagreement is a simple fact of this game.

FAQ CONFIRMED NOT READING

Goodmornig confirmed lack of reading comprehension.

Again, pointing out that others have said they disagree is meaningless because we have all see the posts. Reiterating why you agree with the case moves the game forward. Asinine statements like the above just make you look like scum.

Try again.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Ellie »

In post 2455, elusive wrote:Okies, aren't you glad I wrote those fan fics? <3 I'm happy you're here and eventually I will be able to have an alt with *quirks* and not alt slip two seconds after making it.

Never had someone right fanfic about me before O_O

I made this alt partly out of curiosity, and partly to see what it was like to play without having a reputation as a certain kind of player. I'm kind of missing my reputation at this point, though.

We should talk after the game, but I wouldn't feel comfortable PMing another player during the game even if ika approved it. Old habits.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Ellie »

I still think MathBlade looks town,
but
I'm getting more and more concerned with the fact she won't acknowledge that vikingfan dies tonight if he's town.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 2430, goodmorning wrote:oh god guys, kitz is super town

In post 2410, Ozgin wrote:1) Nobody said it was impossible for vf to be lying, not even ABR. The issue is doubt. A lot of us (including myself) are very doubtful of vf's claim, and he hasn't responded to my (that I've noticed) question about what his response PM.

In post 2055, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
the facts are indisputable
and lead to vf being scum.

In post 1970, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VF is lying, pure and simple, in a provable way.
There's no chance
that he's telling the truth

In post 1965, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
There is no way
that ika would creatively sprinkle a role like that into a normal game.

In post 1949, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He has violated basic tenets of mafia normalcy metal and there is a
0% chance that he's town.
Mark my words carefully.
Zero percent.

In post 1932, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
vikingfan is 100% scum.

Please.

2) Your yelling and capsing and general flaily response isn't necessary.

YES IT IS

CHARACTERISING IT AS FLAILY IS
REALLY WEIRD THOUGH

In post 2412, FakedBlogger wrote:ABR is town? WOOowowoowW. How did we get here? You yourself have voiced frustration with the pointless vf discussion and whatnot, now you want to townread the guy who gave that shit propellers and made it fly and eclipse the sun?

How very very weird.

Hey look this is a useful thing from NJ what?

In post 2421, dragonspawn wrote:I think pks defense of naked is something we all need to consider.

Do you think Scum is obvious about defending their partners?

They can be on day one when they think there is no chance of being dead.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Ellie »

In post 2456, Ozgin wrote:
In post 2448, Ellie wrote:
In post 2445, Ozgin wrote:If vikingfan would just answer my question about his response pm at the start of this day/last night, I would be more inclined to lean Ellie and probably move my vote.

Erm, ignoring the part about me, why would that make you unvote VF? The case against him doesn't rest on that, and he could pretty easily BS something as scum anyway. Explain.

But that's the thing, if his PM really said nothing about his research, I don't think it would make sense for him to know about getting shot and healed but then not say "No Result." Plus, I also want to hear from him the truth about his position, all together in one post. I want him to make a case, all he's been doing in response to pressure is trying to throw attention to ABR.

Okay. It's just, do you have any strong reads? You're waffling all over the issue of which of me/VF is scum. If he answers one question from you, you will vote me. Since VF and I are both town, I'd prefer for you to actually commit one way or another.
Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Ellie »

pisskop was squirming hard under my pressure. I don't think he would have picked that time to strongly defend a partner. That said, NJ can probably be unaligned with pisskop and still scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

What the hell? Players pm'ing each other privately now?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53 am

Post by elusive »

So ABR, you wish for attention. You're close to getting it now since you aren't reading carefully and both of your proposed lynch targets are No. Read carefully, ABR because that way leads to sadness.

Just ISO Ellie and see that its clear she's not scum, she figure out pisskop when most were giving him a free pass.

Re PMs in elsewhere land I was told by a Mod that with permission and with a clarity that the conversation would not be about the game a player could PM me and I could PM back. So therefore, I said ask the Mod because I think it depends on the Mod what they allow or not.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 am

Post by elusive »

"Fall into an abyss," whispered Elusive to no one in particular.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 am

She's the serial killer then. Everything about her survivalistic. She spotted the doctor because she was looking for him during the night. She buddies up to people to keep her well protected. She's doing her utmost to pander and stay alive, whether that means softclaiming, or bringing out of game elements into the game, or lynching a cop she believes is telling the truth.

She is the serial killer.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 am

She literally just changed the game dynamic by going "this is who I am", now you have meta on her nobody else has, and you tend to trust her more because you and Ellie share something the rest of us don't. She's appealing to past relationships. Forming new ones. Trying to be pleasant and appeasing and surrounding herself with a herd of people who blindly townread her.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:04 am

Post by elusive »

Scum are my priority and will always be.

I don't have enough experience to figure out SKs but I do know that scum are more into finding the SK then town because they fear them.

I'm not sure who the SK is but <3,

Scum first. Scum first. Scum first.

And Ellie is generally a pleasant person. She doesn't do my style of pushing people towards the abyss so I don't expect that.

Why are you so convinced NJ is town? What about TSO? What about FA2? What about Shinobi? What about dragonspawn who's alive mostly because of people defending his town meta?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:10 am

Post by elusive »

Most likely there are two scum factions plus an sk? Is that the general belief about the setup?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 am

I'm not convinced NJ is town but all the suspicious people are dead-set against him.

I think the setup is one mafia faction and a SK; that's it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:21 am

Shinobi is town. TSO is town. FA2 I think is town too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”