Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Ripley »

It was six minutes before deadline when I voted. I didn't like the situation one bit. I'd pretty much ruled Paradoxombie out from being scum with anyone but you (Patrick). So not only was he the most innocent-looking person, but also I would learn very little if he was town. But with nobody else around at deadline (and I suspect in some cases this was quite deliberate) and only 1 post in the previous 4 hours, I felt I had no real choice.

My general impression is that Patrick and Simenon basically fixated on Jordan all day, while Aimee and IH weren't interested in the Jordan situation and fixated pretty much exclusively on Paradoxombie. I'll need to think some more about what this means.

Patrick has picked up on my own misgivings yesterday about Simenon's immediate switch of vote to Paradoxombie following Jordan's claim. Simenon then is conveniently absent until deadline. Of course, Patrick knows I think at least one of him and Simenon is scum, so he might be doing a smart job of encouraging suspicions I'm already known to hold. But Simenon probably tops my suspicion list right now. Though any of you could be scum. Really.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Simenon »

Damnit. I am extremely disapointed with myself.

First, I need a reread. I had no back up plan after jordan.

I'm actually afraid it might be Ripley. His actions around the pardox lynch made me uncomfy. Ripley's a boulder as scum though, so I doubt I'd succeed in making a case on him. Ripley scares me.

IH had both pro town players on him. I can see Ripley-IH here.

Patrick seems town. But I say Patrick seems town in every game I play with him, with the exception of one ongoing.

If it is Ripley-IH, it makes hella sense. Both were on the dox wagon. But again, deadlines are hard to analyze.

Patrick, it didn't occur to me that IH did have just as many votes as dox. I was a bit caught up with the claim and the deadline.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:Patrick has picked up on my own misgivings yesterday about Simenon's immediate switch of vote to Paradoxombie following Jordan's claim. Simenon then is conveniently absent until deadline. Of course, Patrick knows I think at least one of him and Simenon is scum, so he might be doing a smart job of encouraging suspicions I'm already known to hold. But Simenon probably tops my suspicion list right now. Though any of you could be scum. Really.
I had nothing more to say at the deadline. I commented on my vote, and how I felt it was time appropriate, but I can't be a chatterbox all the time.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Simenon »

I don't think Aimee is scum at this point.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley's original fear of -1 on jordan strikes me as scum more than town. But then again, it was early in the game.
Ripley wrote:Jordan is pretty much confirmed as scum by now, with Simenon or Teffc for partner (I'd say Simenon, because of the distancing).
This is meh to me. I don't like the mention of Teffc.

His attack on Teffc in his eleventh post looks weak to me. And he barely mentions IH, only just to say that he needs to be here with the deadline.

The problem is, I see IH as mostly town. :shrug:
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Patrick »

Ripley wrote:Of course, Patrick knows I think at least one of him and Simenon is scum, so he might be doing a smart job of encouraging suspicions I'm already known to hold.
I commented on this in post 284. I don't think this is necessarily true. On a note seperate to that I feel odd about Simenon's last posts, but I don't know why. I'll reread the whole game too actually, likely tomorrow when I'm not doing anything.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Ripley »

Simenon wrote:I had no back up plan after jordan.
I find that suspicious in itself.
Simenon wrote:I'm actually afraid it might be Ripley. His actions around the pardox lynch made me uncomfy.
Why? I had already said what I would do in that position:
Ripley (post 246) wrote:I don't recall anything changing my earlier opinion that Jordan was the best lynch available. Paradoxombie looks like the best alternative and like Patrick I'd vote him if it avoided a no-lynch.
Simenon wrote:Ripley's original fear of -1 on jordan strikes me as scum more than town. But then again, it was early in the game.
Ripley wrote:Jordan is pretty much confirmed as scum by now, with Simenon or Teffc for partner (I'd say Simenon, because of the distancing).
This is meh to me. I don't like the mention of Teffc.
Simenon, pay attention. We were all joking around back then. What you just quoted was a joke post.
Ripley wrote:His attack on Teffc in his eleventh post looks weak to me.
As I recall it was the strongest and longest attack made on Teffc by anybody. Certainly up to that point, and quite possibly after.

You seem to be scrabbling around in a pretty halfhearted way for stuff to incriminate me. If this is the best you've found, maybe that's a hint that you need to look elsewhere? Especially if you're trying to link me to a player you actually think is town. This kind of confused thinking seems like somebody generally trying to throw mud around and hope something sticks.

And of course, maybe your efforts are halfhearted because you're actually scum, and you know there's nothing there to find. Just like you seemed to know Jordan wouldn't get counterclaimed yesterday.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote: I find that suspicious in itself.
Why?
Why? I had already said what I would do in that position:
It makes me nervous. I'll reread to back that up or dismiss it.
Simenon, pay attention. We were all joking around back then. What you just quoted was a joke post.
I am quite aware. But there's a reason why we joke around at the start of the game.

As I recall it was the strongest and longest attack made on Teffc by anybody. Certainly up to that point, and quite possibly after.
Nobody made a strong attack on Taffc to my recollection.
You seem to be scrabbling around in a pretty halfhearted way for stuff to incriminate me. If this is the best you've found, maybe that's a hint that you need to look elsewhere?

Where do you recommend I look?
Especially if you're trying to link me to a player you actually think is town. This kind of confused thinking seems like somebody generally trying to throw mud around and hope something sticks.
I am confused. It's a tough game, this mafia is. I meant I have generally found him to be town. The fact that he's scum with you means I must change my general opinion in this game.
And of course, maybe your efforts are halfhearted because you're actually scum, and you know there's nothing there to find. Just like you seemed to know Jordan wouldn't get counterclaimed yesterday.
They are not halfhearted, you ass. I'm trying to find who the scum are. There aren't words to express my frustration. I'm trying the best I possibly can.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Simenon »

I believe meta gaming is a very accurate tool to learnin the scums.

So I'll be comparing this game to Ripley's play in newbie 313.

On the topic of metagaming, one might want to compare my play in this game to my play in open 18 and triad mafia. They are vastly different.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by Simenon »

Hrm. Ripley barely mentions Poki in 313, but then again, he doesn't try to make a wishy-washy attack on her either.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Ripley »

Patrick wrote:
Ripley wrote:Of course, Patrick knows I think at least one of him and Simenon is scum, so he might be doing a smart job of encouraging suspicions I'm already known to hold.
I commented on this in post 284. I don't think this is necessarily true.
Yes, I know you don't think it's true, but the point is not what you think, but what you think I think.
Patrick wrote: On a note seperate to that I feel odd about Simenon's last posts, but I don't know why.
I think there's been a great deal that's very odd about Simenon's posts.

Yesterday he focused from start to finish on a player who turned out to be the doc, to such an extent that when this player claimed the day before deadline, Simenon had "no backup plan" and simply transferred his vote to a player he had apparently thought innocent, citing the approaching deadline as his reason, and then disappearing. Oh, and his pointless refusal to reveal an early scum tell he believed (wrongly) to have found caused a massive distraction that created a situation where it was very easy for people to vote the (innocent) Paradoxombie. I start to wonder if it actually suited Simenon rather well to keep stringing Para along, fixated on the issue to the point where he was attracting serious negative attention for it.

Really, having got yesterday so entirely wrong, surely the normal reaction of a protown player would be to start again by rereading the thread carefully and looking for clues to find the scum? Simenon in the other hand has appeared to start off by picking his fixation for today (me) and my scum partner (IH) and then searching the thread for evidence to support the theory. (This searching appears to be restricted to looking for evidence against me specifically - IH seems to be a bit of an afterthought for some reason.)

Anyhow, so far he's produced: 1 joke post, a critical examination of Teffc that I made which he cites as evidence since it's "too wishy-washy", and his own general sense of nervousness about my lynching Paradoxombie.

Simenon continues to post in a confused and somewhat incoherent way. In post 307, for example, he says the following two things in successive paragraphs:
Simenon, about IH wrote: The fact that he's scum with you means I must change my general opinion in this game.
Simenon wrote: I'm trying to find who the scum are.
It seems pretty clear from the evidence so far that the first comment is the truth. Simenon isn't making any effort to find out who the scum are, only to find evidence against the people he's already decided are the scum.

I'm highly suspicious of Simenon at this stage for all the reasons given above.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:21 am

Post by IH »

1.Mod, why do Police have Batches? <.<;

I also apologize for not posting before the deadline guys >.< I checked it out like 5 minutes before i left to go wakeboarding for the fourth, and hadn't had sufficicent time to get rereading on this game.

My current plan for about three of my games is to do a complete reread, so I believe I'll start one where i left off from my last reread.

If anyone has any concerns they woud like me to address directly, please state so, and I'll try as soon as possible.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Simenon »

[pooky]
Hay guys, does anybody else see how blatantly Ripley ignored my post, especially the questions I asked directly to him?
1.Yesterday he focused from start to finish on a player who turned out to be the doc, 2. to such an extent that when this player claimed the day before deadline, Simenon had "no backup plan" 3. and simply transferred his vote to a player he had apparently thought innocent, citing the approaching deadline as his reason, 4. and then disappearing.
:lol:
Sorry.
1. Yes, I did focus on him. Townies can be wrong. It's certainly different from not actually providing a concise and noticable attack on someone. Guess who forgot that bit of "being townie"?
2. Okay
3. Heh. That's completely pulled out of your ass.
4. I DID NOT DISAPPEAR.
Don cha hate it when these scums lie like that?
Oh, and his pointless refusal to reveal an early scum tell he believed (wrongly) to have found caused a massive distraction that created a situation where it was very easy for people to vote the (innocent) Paradoxombie.
:lol: :lol:
I'm sorry, Ripley, you're just so funny!
WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION IT AS DISTRACTING WHEN IT ACTUALLY OCCURED, YOU LITTLE SCUMMY SCUM?
I start to wonder if it actually suited Simenon rather well to keep stringing Para along, fixated on the issue to the point where he was attracting serious negative attention for it.
I made what you called a "distraction" BEFORE PARADOX EVEN POSTED.
Really, having got yesterday so entirely wrong, surely the normal reaction of a protown player would be to start again by rereading the thread carefully and looking for clues to find the scum?
I CONCLUDED YOU WERE SCUM AFTER I REREAD AND LOOKED FOR CLUES. I REREAD BEFORE I POSTED. I AM NOT A MORON.

Besides, after rereading, I've changed my views slightly. I'm pretty sure it's Ripley-Patrick.

Also, because Ripley is simply to good to respond to posts anymore, PLEASE READ THIS. This is crap.

[/pooky]
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Aimee »

I'm here people. Today leaves us in an awkward situation.

I am suspicious of Simenon's third vote yesterday - I see that as quite opportunistic. His posts today also have a definite weird vibe.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Simenon »

Aimee wrote:I'm here people. Today leaves us in an awkward situation.

I am suspicious of Simenon's third vote yesterday - I see that as quite opportunistic. His posts today also have a definite weird vibe.
GAAAHHHH
WE HAD A DAY TO FIND SOMEONE TO LYNCH. EVERY BANDWAGON VOTE ON A DAY-LONG DEADLINE IS GOING TO BE OPPURTUNISTIC.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Simenon »

THINK PEOPLE.

HOW DID RIPLEY JUST COME OUT WITH HIS DEADLINE LYNCH BULLSHIT?

DO YOU REALIZE THAT RIPLEY IS GUILTY OF THE SAME CRIME?

AND WHY IS HE MENTIONING SCUMMY THINGS THAT HE DEFENDED HIMSELF YESTERDAY?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Patrick »

Ripley wrote:Yes, I know you don't think it's true, but the point is not what you think, but what you think I think.
Actually not really what I was getting at. You came up with a theory and I challenged the reasoning and explained why I think that is a dangerous assumption to make. What I expected was for you to either concede that or prop it up again and explain why it should be true rather than simply repeating it. Why couldn't scum have stayed away from a Jordan vote? Virtually everyone seemed to FoS him, so they could have been scum who wanted to keep the option of hopping on later. In fact if both Simenon and I are protown, I'd hardly expect scum to put on a third vote lightly. Why couldn't the scum have been all over Paradoxombie instead?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've previewed.
Simenon wrote:Also, because Ripley is simply to good to respond to posts anymore, PLEASE READ THIS. This is crap.
Wow. Hell yes. Yes it is Simenon. Feel free to explain why I'm scum suddenly after you said I looked town last night. Incidentally, the large coloured letters don't make you more persuasive.
Simenon wrote:Patrick, it didn't occur to me that IH did have just as many votes as dox. I was a bit caught up with the claim and the deadline.
This is a lame excuse that kind of jumps out. This is shoddy play if you are protown.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote:
Wow. Hell yes. Yes it is Simenon. Feel free to explain why I'm scum suddenly after you said I looked town last night. Incidentally, the large coloured letters don't make you more persuasive.
First, let me ask you something. And I want you to answer frankly, unless you're scum, in which case you don't have to:
Did you read my post, or skip the large letters and skim it?

To answer your question, I changed my mind. The relationship between you and Ripley today is just too bad to miss.
[/quote]
This is a lame excuse that kind of jumps out. This is shoddy play if you are protown.[/quote]

:(
Boo hoo. I made a mistake. :(
IH looked more town than dox. End of story.
Now, please read my post if you haven't already, or I'm going to say you are definitively scum with Ripley.

Also, I will vote Ripley if I'm not satisfied with his answers in the next post.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Patrick »

Simenon wrote:First, let me ask you something. And I want you to answer frankly, unless you're scum, in which case you don't have to:
Did you read my post, or skip the large letters and skim it?
Yes I read it.
Simenon wrote:To answer your question, I changed my mind. The relationship between you and Ripley today is just too bad to miss.
Stoned?
Simenon wrote:Boo hoo. I made a mistake. Sad
IH looked more town than dox. End of story.
I'm not accusing you of being a townie who messed up. I'm saying it's scummy and not what I'd expect from a townie. IH looked more town than Paradox you say? Interesting.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote: Yes I read it.
Yeah, but did you read it?
Stoned?
You can get high off frustration?
I'm not accusing you of being a townie who messed up. I'm saying it's scummy and not what I'd expect from a townie. IH looked more town than Paradox you say? Interesting.
Obviously, in retrospect, I can say that I was wrong.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Patrick »

I don't get why you are asking me again whether I read it. Yes I read it. It's a fairly ugly post, but I forced myself. Even the big letters.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote:I don't get why you are asking me again whether I read it. Yes I read it. It's a fairly ugly post, but I forced myself. Even the big letters.
You declined to answer it because it was ugly?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Patrick »

You attacked Ripley. You've asked him questions, made bold declarations in big letters. Why do you want me to answer that? Surely it's for him to respond to. Ok so you've randomly said you're pretty sure I'm scum with Ripley, but I can't give an answer to that unless you actually give a tangible reason. The only part I could see you want me to respond to is that bit at the start where you accuse him of completely ignoring everything you said. Which is an exageration.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote: The only part I could see you want me to respond to is that bit at the start where you accuse him of completely ignoring everything you said. Which is an exageration.
Nope.

This is the way I see this:
S- Big Post with something attatched on the end of it.
P- Yeah, that post certainly is crap!
S- But did you read the post?
P- I managed to.
S- And what are your reactions to it.
P- I don't know what to respond to.

And now, my reaction to this is:
S- But you implied it was crap!
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Patrick »

Well yeah... I did. I don't know what your point is from that though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”