ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:11 am

Post by ryan »

WOW. Jester gets back in the mafia saddle in a big way. Very nice post and you reminded me of a few things on curiouskarmadog that I had forgotten. The only question is this, AmeliaLi is currently #1 on the lynch list for today but yet you only used one of her quotes to talk about, any reason? I do think you brought up some good points about Lowell and some questions you asked he's going to have to "read the thread" and respond.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ryan wrote:WOW. Jester gets back in the mafia saddle in a big way. Very nice post and you reminded me of a few things on curiouskarmadog that I had forgotten. The only question is this, AmeliaLi is currently #1 on the lynch list for today but yet you only used one of her quotes to talk about, any reason? I do think you brought up some good points about Lowell and some questions you asked he's going to have to "read the thread" and respond.
also, I think Lowell should address why it is ok to make the same statement that he voted Jester for.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:23 am

Post by ryan »

Looks like Lowell has a few things he'll be explaining (which would be good because he isn't one of our current active posters)
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:33 am

Post by klopyrev »

ryan wrote:WOW. Jester gets back in the mafia saddle in a big way.
I may be misunderstanding this, but what exactly do you mean by that sentence? Do you think Jester is mafia, then?
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

I still think klopyrev has been acting like newbie scum, but I seem to be the only one. Jester has made me take another look at Lowell and strengthened my suspicions on Nano. My current 5-most-likely-to-be-scum:
klopyrev
Nanosauramo
Lowell
Indy
AmeliaLi
I'm virtually certain we have at least one scum in this group, very possibly two.

MOD

Can we have a prod on Indy, please?
Political Correctness offends me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:46 am

Post by ryan »

klopyrev wrote:
I may be misunderstanding this, but what exactly do you mean by that sentence? Do you think Jester is mafia, then?
Getting "Back in the saddle" means that he finally posts a large content oriented post where he doesn't just drop a bunch of OMGUS statements. You could take a few lessons from that :wink:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Numenorean7 wrote:My current 5-most-likely-to-be-scum:
klopyrev
Nanosauramo
Lowell
Indy
AmeliaLi
I'm virtually certain we have at least one scum in this group, very possibly two.

MOD

Can we have a prod on Indy, please?
I would say you would probably be right...but who? Is that in order of scummiest? With statements like:
klopyrev wrote:
Makes me cringe…I think he is mostly a VI…and if you check out any of AmeliaLi current games, her play style is pretty constant…as is Indy who doesn’t seem to be playing a big role in any of his games…

Going to have to go back and look at Nano again, but most likely I would put him in the same category as Lowell (low content pop in voter) ..however,

Vote Lowell..

Not liking his comments as of late and want to hear his reply to what has been posed to him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Here's your second post with actual content, but at this point, who you think is scum is irrelevant to me. Your attack on me is humorous in its illogic, though. "Saying nothing" and "lurking" are two entirely different things. You are an expert at saying nothing. You've said the most nothing of anyone in the game so far with the possible exception of Lowell. Lowell has been lurking and I notice he didn't come up in your "list" at all. I also never said that I'm on board with the lynch-all-lurkers strategy, no matter how much you might try to spin it that way. I said saying literally nothing was one of four things that would cause people to show up on my radar, not things that would cause me to vote or not vote. Your entire "argument" borders on an ad hominem attack, quite the little scum-tell. I'm amazed you haven't drawn more votes.
QFT.

Nanosauromo: Can we finally have some sort of proper response from you? If you feel nothing is worth commenting about, then I'll make it a bit easier:

What do you think of:

1) Me and AmeliaLi getting attacked by Ryan early on and then being defensive.

2) AmeliaLi's comments about lurkers

3) Klopyrev's suspicion of CuriousKarmaDog (CKD), Ryan and Me

4) Jester's two posts on the last page.

5) Lowell's comments on the last page.

6) Numenorean7's scumlist and his general play so far.

Fail to answer these questions in reasonable period of time satisfactorily and I vote for you.

By reasonable period of time, I mean 18 hours.

By "satisfactorily" I mean answers which are not one-lined and echoing someone else's comments.

Lastly: You have given us your scum list. How about your townie list?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

EBWOP: That quote in my last page was by Jester and he had directed it at Nanosauromo.
I'm back!
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:20 am

Post by klopyrev »

Hmm... ok, I'm taking my vote off ryan, because I'm more convinced of him being an aggresive townie after reading Jester's post. However, I'm putting it on curiouskarmadog, following the same argument as Jester. I'm only suspicious of ST and curious right now.

Unvote. Vote curiouskarmadog
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lowell wrote:Relatively scummy-looking. "Lurking in plain sight" is how I'd describe her.

I'd like to hear what she has to say, though. And I don't like putting people so close to lynch before others have had to even take a stand.
I am fairly new here, so would someone explain to me what "Lurking in plain sight" means?
I'm back!
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

Lurking is avoiding posting in order to avoid saying something scummy and falling under suspicion. Lurking in plain sight is making meaningless posts in order to avoid saying something scummy, while technically posting to avoid accusations of lurking.
Political Correctness offends me.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:54 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

klopyrev wrote:Hmm... ok, I'm taking my vote off ryan, because I'm more convinced of him being an aggresive townie after reading Jester's post. However, I'm putting it on curiouskarmadog, following the same argument as Jester. I'm only suspicious of ST and curious right now.

Unvote. Vote curiouskarmadog
I think that is retarted. Ryan and ST strike me the most likely to be town. And you are just plain STUPID. Curious isn't high on the town list but he's not that high on the scum list either.

And you need to make up your own opinions and vote on them. Not mainly on what others say.
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Indy »

Have no fear I am still here. Many new playstyles to take in all at once so I have literally been quite for being out of my league (the wiki is helping me catch up fast)

I am still waiting for a mistake I can catch, Ryan's posts have been helpful and usually what I would say. So my posts would be useless, which to Numenorean7 is pretty much the same as lurking. I'll be more active in the coming days though, you can be sure about that.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Nanosauromo: Can we finally have some sort of proper response from you? If you feel nothing is worth commenting about, then I'll make it a bit easier:

What do you think of:

He was wrong to attack her over such a trivial thing such as the dice, and you for voting for Kyloprev.
As I've stated before, lynching all lurkers is a horrid idea.
As far as I can tell, Klopyrev is only voting for them because they voted for him. This is OMGUS and is bad.
I'll admit that he brings up valid points against me, and I do look like I'm not really doing anything. I'm trying to remedy that.
He's saying that it's scummy to not jump on a bandwagon. Saying this has knocked him up a point on the Scum-o-meter.
He's been very helpful, and I agree with his scumlist. (Except, of course, myself.) He's a great townie.
Fail to answer these questions in reasonable period of time satisfactorily and I vote for you.

By "satisfactorily" I mean answers which are not one-lined and echoing someone else's comments.
Was that good enough, Your Highness?
Ryan, Numenorean, and you are the ones I think are least likely to be scum.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

Frist off I would like to say nice one liners. Don't you have some depth?
Nanosauromo wrote:

What do you think of:

He was wrong to attack her over such a trivial thing such as the dice, and you for voting for Kyloprev.
This one could be forgiven because that topic was already killed by ryan.
As I've stated before, lynching all lurkers is a horrid idea.
Yeah, It could be terrible, if the lurkers are all townie. I was trying to help get some of the conversation stirred up and it was slightly sucessful.
As far as I can tell, Klopyrev is only voting for them because they voted for him. This is OMGUS and is bad.
Don't you have something else to say to this. I mean c'mon! I know a lot has been said, but some eyes see things in a different light. Some thinks he's stupid, other thinks he's really bad scum.
I'll admit that he brings up valid points against me, and I do look like I'm not really doing anything. I'm trying to remedy that.
Uhhh... ya think? You havn't been on much thus not brining out scum. And as I read this, I was sitting here thinking that you hanvn't possed questions to anyone else.
He's saying that it's scummy to not jump on a bandwagon. Saying this has knocked him up a point on the Scum-o-meter.
This is the one thing I do agree with what you've said. He's doing some double talking methinks.
He's been very helpful, and I agree with his scumlist. (Except, of course, myself.) He's a great townie.
I have to revert to OMGUS because that post is just really stupid.

Was that good enough, Your Highness?
Ticked much?
Ryan, Numenorean, and you are the ones I think are least likely to be scum.
Okay. Now I have question for you.

Why the hell did you need somthing to follow to state your rather weak opinions? [/quote]
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

AmeliaLi wrote:Yeah, It could be terrible, if the lurkers are all townie. I was trying to help get some of the conversation stirred up and it was slightly sucessful.
Putting a single vote on a lurker to get them to post is okay. You wanted to get rid of them altogether.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

Nanosauromo wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:Yeah, It could be terrible, if the lurkers are all townie. I was trying to help get some of the conversation stirred up and it was slightly sucessful.
Putting a single vote on a lurker to get them to post is okay. You wanted to get rid of them altogether.
If they are scum, then, yeah. To get rid of them all together isn't a bad idea...

Actually, now that I think about it I think that's the point of this little game we're playing. *note sarcasm*
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

The point of the game is not to get rid of lurkers. It is to get rid of scum.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by ryan »

AmeliaLi: WOW who lit the fire under your ass? You seem to be actually taking an active approach to finding scum for once, I'm actually very surprised. I still don't like your "lynch all lurkers" comment and I really don't care that you did it to "spark conversation" That is a comment that is going to haunt you this game and will be looked at alot. I'm also wondering why the attack on Nanosauromo. You got on him about his one word responses YET ya did the same thing in 390, practice what you preach is all I'm saying on that.

Klopy: This has been stated before but just to be nice and help you for future games (not this one I said FUTURE games) You cannot just openly follow somebody when you vote. Post 384 hits the all time "I'm a follower tell me who to vote for" list. If you agree with somebody elses thoughts than quote the thoughts you agree with and add something else to the table. All I saw in 384 was you latching on to somebody elses opinion and voting on that, very scummy indeed.

Sir Tornado: I like that you took time to openly quiz one of the players in this game BUT you never threaten to vote somebody if they don't do something. I'm surprised more people didn't FoS you for that comment. Also post 385 is not true. We were both just in a game together and that term was thrown around quite a bit and you NEVER asked what it meant than, why now? What do you think of Lowell being put under heavy suspicion? Is he a good candidate for a Day 1 lynch?

Jester: Honestly I appreciated your content in your last two posts, very insightful information which will be helpful as we eliminate scum in the later parts of the game. I understand you had some real life issues to take care of and I hope that those are now done because I feel you are an asset to the game currently (that could always change so don't get too comfortable)

Indy: Your "I'm here no worries and I'm going to be alot more active" post also registered on my lurking meter. Just realize you have now set yourself up where if you don't post and contribute you will begin to look scummy in the rest of our eyes. I hope to see some good content from you fairly soon.

Lowell: I think the rest of the town has had enough of the lurking and not participating. You are under heavy pressure right now (rightfully so) to answer a few questions (that have been posed) I've played enough games with you (I believe this is our 3rd) and never seen you lurk this much, what gives? Aren't we interesting enough for ya? What do you think of a Day 1 Indy lynch?

This was by no means suppose to be excluding any players but I had a bunch of random things on certain people that I wanted to get out and it all got put into this one post. Plus a few people I find scummy I needed to direct some questions at.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Lowell »

ryan- I haven't had internet access as much as I would like over the past few weeks. I only have access at work, and I'm in the process of losing my job over the next couple of weeks. I'm doing my best to find other ways to participate, but it's not perfect. Just chill out: when I figure out how to be the regular poster I once was, I will be.

Could you post the questions you/others have asked? I dont' know what you're referencing.

Also I have no idea who indy is, so I don't know what to make of her/his lynch. I'll read back for that.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:03 am

Post by ryan »

Lowell wrote:ryan- I haven't had internet access as much as I would like over the past few weeks. I only have access at work, and I'm in the process of losing my job over the next couple of weeks. I'm doing my best to find other ways to participate, but it's not perfect. Just chill out: when I figure out how to be the regular poster I once was, I will be.

Could you post the questions you/others have asked? I dont' know what you're referencing.

Also I have no idea who indy is, so I don't know what to make of her/his lynch. I'll read back for that.
I totally understand that real life takes over for mafia life, no worries Lowell, just making sure you were keeping up and it sounds like you are the best you can. I'll go back and find the other questions that have been asked.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:15 am

Post by ryan »

Lowell wrote:
Here are a few posts
Post 376
Post 371
Post 365
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Thanks for answering Nano.
ryan wrote:Sir Tornado: I like that you took time to openly quiz one of the players in this game BUT you never threaten to vote somebody if they don't do something. I'm surprised more people didn't FoS you for that comment. Also post 385 is not true. We were both just in a game together and that term was thrown around quite a bit and you NEVER asked what it meant than, why now? What do you think of Lowell being put under heavy suspicion? Is he a good candidate for a Day 1 lynch?
He had only about one (or possibly 2, I did not check) vote(s) on him. And, when I vote people for not posting/lurking, that vote is generally temporary, taken off right after they start posting/replying. It was not as if I was putting Nano on a -1 or even -2 for that matter.

However, your comment is not exactly matching up to some of your earlier actions. I remember asking Amelia some 3 questions and threatening to vote her if she did not answer them. I was asked, by you nonetheless:
In post 257 ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Amelia please reply to my post. Actually, I was going to vote for you right now, but I will abstain doing so because Ryan has voted for you, and I don't want to lynch you.
Wait a second. If you believe her to be scum why wouldn't you place a vote on her head? Your vote isn't the 7th anyway, it's only the 6th.
Now, that vote on AmeliaLi would have been exactly the same category of vote I would have put on Nano had he not replied. Yet, right now, you say that I should have been FOSed, whilst back then, you actually asked me why I wasn't putting vote on her. Furthermore, by putting a vote on her, I was putting her on -1, whilst here, it was just 2 votes overall on Nano.

Why double standards for voting on two different players?
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:36 am

Post by ryan »

ST: What I didn't understand is why you would threaten to place a vote on somebody if they didn't post to your satisfaction, that is what I had a problem with.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”