SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5300 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:36 am

Post by T S O »

I really feel people should stop pseudo-baiting Falcon - yes, Cephrir.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5301 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:37 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

No way.

This seemed like a productive conversation the last 12 times.

Why wouldnt we want to have it again?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5302 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:41 am

Post by T S O »

I guess you're right after all.

I always get these things wrong.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5303 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Its alright.

At least you still have me here to guide you.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5304 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

Andrius!

If you can make heads or tails of this game, let me know. I want to be able to work with you again and that would require one of us having any idea whatsoever of what's going on.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5305 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 5303, TheWayItEnds wrote:Its alright.

At least you still have me here to guide you.

Are we still recruiting? The line seems to have slowed to a trickle.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5306 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by T S O »

I personally blame the advertisement team.
-Marquis
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #5307 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 5281, Andrius wrote:
In post 5279, Cephrir wrote:Don't be the hero this game deserves. Be the one it needs right now. (Read the thread.)

Would you be terribly upset if I only read D1? (115 pages IIRC)

Day 2 is better than day 1
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5308 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry it hard for me to stay focus on all this chatter.
I refuse to replace out because I think it would suck for the mod to have to search.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5309 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 5306, T S O wrote:I personally blame the advertisement team.

Maybe you guys need to offer incentives.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5310 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 5298, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 5291, Heartless wrote:ffery's readslist is one i can get behind

I want to talk more about this because I felt your reads were a lot different. But I may be misremembering.

nah, not really
In post 5288, Solar Wind wrote:
Maybe Town

Skybird

TheWayItEnds - the degree of disengagement worries me a lot. Maybe he'll look more town when a normal lynch can happen.
Ankamius - whatever reasons I had for a townread feel very long ago and far away now.

Not So Town

Beast (least town of the available choices today imo)
T S O

TheAceOfSpades
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5311 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5291, Heartless wrote:ffery's readslist is one i can get behind
Eh, not 100%, but far more yea than nay, yes, I can.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Can anyone explain why td is a town read?
I mean I saw solar give me shit about not being around much since I created this, but TD has said shit all since being shoved in the spot light.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #5313 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

"Too moronic to be scum"
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 am

Post by The Mask »

Second best part of this phase is Andy showing up
<3

Got nothing to go off til we get a flip.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Magua »

In post 4346, Magua wrote:
The one unanswered item about the irregularities on AngryPidgeon's lynch is what Mask's repulse does:

In post 2844, The Mask wrote:Nvm bit disappointed AP is leading but w/e tf, you guys are cocks so you hate pidgeons

repulse: angry pidgeon

On initial reading, I had assumed that this made AngryPidgeon hated and was what was responsible for the lynch at L-1.

Now I'm just curious about what it did and
why Mask did it.

Added emphasis.
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 am

Post by The Mask »

oh shi- is that what you lovely people are waiting on? Sorry! :mrgreen:

Yes it made him hated so to speak, and I did mention it earlier right after beast's claim was thrown out by one of his neighbors. Admittedly I was playing outguess the mod because beast's role and mine were weird to be same sided at the time, since his role seemed more like a counter to mine. I got over it pretty quickly.

However if we go off the (new?) spin provided by Ozgin, then I definitely do not wish to revisit outguess-the-mod land because the role could go either way.

And I did it because deadline was coming soon but I didn't read that SW wanted to hammer. All I knew we had a few minutes.
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:19 am

Post by The Mask »

And to answer the next question I see coming from a very smart individual (though you all are smart as a group too) is that I didn't read because it's actually not fun to log on and see 20 pages a day but don't let me be negative nancy up in here because I'm not.

Toodles.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 5312, farside22 wrote:Can anyone explain why td is a town read?
I mean I saw solar give me shit about not being around much since I created this, but TD has said shit all since being shoved in the spot light.

I think TD relative silence has something to do with him being replaced >.>
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Ozgin »

In post 5212, Magua wrote:
In post 5194, Ozgin wrote:
My other half of my claim, my ult, is almost suicide at this stage of the game AND creates the biggest weakness I could have next to death and doesn't quite reward me enough at this stage. I would rather save that reveal for later in the game when I can feel more confident in my ability to scumread.

No. The question was "What was your thought process?"

Or to put another way: your claiming of stuff that was already claimed looks like someone who read through their ISO and claimed what their predecessor had already claimed (specifically you claimed what beast had already claimed in the neighborhood). That makes it look like not a real claim. beast had reasons for claiming what he claimed and reasons to not claim what he didn't, which I have to imagine, are different from yours.

I'm curious what your reasons are, hence, "What's your thought process?"

Fixed the formatting for quality.

My "thought process" was that of, "oh shit, this guy opted for a replace and I'm in shit, I don't know why I'm in shit but I am, but let me just try to throw the few cards I have on the table."

I didn't actually read the 'hood, it seems useless to me. I'll get to it eventually, but I opened it and posted in it and then came right back here to start reading.

In post 5214, Magua wrote:
In post 5194, Ozgin wrote:So I don't understand the wagon on me (slash beast) because beast didn't read scum to me (yes I technically ISOd myself).

Reconcile that for me, please, with this quote:

In post 4857, Ozgin wrote:
It's pretty stupid, I'm Order aligned. Has BeastCharizard claimed role yet?

If you'd ISO'd yourself, why ask this question?

Look at the dates of those posts. Three days (or so) of difference.

It's a pretty simple thought pattern, I'm not hard to read and I certainly should not be read as scum for developing an opinion after having three days to read and learn.

I've fallen behind due to IRL shit, I'm sorry, I'm really trying to keep up but it's so frustrating because I'm feeling really crushed under the weight of being FoS'd when I'm not and it's just hard for me to defend myself. It's like one of my biggest pet peeves.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Imperium »

This was TiphaineDeath's first major post of the game, with main pushbacks being against FT and Solar Wind. Both of these players had become as close to universally town read as you possibly can early game, and I generally love when pl!years push back hard against the status quo whether I agree with the read or not because it generates a lot of attention (and, interestingly enough, is the main reason people are pushing on him now).

This post is his first major town read, which is on vezok for making a series of posts that are "too easy to jump on". I find this a pretty unlikely reason to give from scum as a reason to town read someone in most cases, but it seems especially town from someone who often serves as lynchbait because he's finding something that happens most often to himself (doesn't temper the ridiculous shit he's saying as town, gets lynched) and using it as a way to read another player. I don't see the scum motivation in providing a read in this way, but town motivation is obvious.

This shift from aceofspades to Cephrir seems town as shit: the worry about looking bad for a move seems genuine (and why would he out it if talking about a scum partner? and if it looks bad because he's moving away from a scum partner, why the fuck would he say that aloud?) and is the opposite of an opportunistic move as he shifted from major wagon with support on lynchbait to a wagon that very distinctly was not lynchbait.

This claim is stupidly stupidly and seeing its existence and tiphaine still getting me votes pisses me off. 1) People claiming they are responsible for lack of kill with conviction is town. The only reason they are scum is if they are setting up a no kill gambit or they are coached into claiming responsibility. TD would not be the leader of a scumteam who decides "we are going to no kill tonight and I am going to claim responsibility". Second, the scumteam is not going to have their scum roleblocker claim honestly on Night 1: roleblocker is far and above the most important role for a scumteam to possess in a role madness game and putting tiphaine in this position is essentially the scumteam cutting both of its arms off. Thirdly, TD's reasoning makes complete fucking sense if town: if scum, they had TD target a town player who screamed "don't target me, don't target me" pretty much the entirety of yesterday, thus doing pretty much the only thing they could possibly do to cast doubt on something that would otherwise be a pretty gotcha claim? No. They fucking would not.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5321 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Imperium »

Ozgin, why didn't you claim or mention your ultimate in #4860?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Sorry I'm a bit overwhelmed. Please replace me. I was hopping things would get better
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Ozgin »

In post 5321, Imperium wrote:Ozgin, why didn't you claim or mention your ultimate in #4860?

It's more of a weakness than an ultimate, it just about puts me out of the game after I use it. I want it concealed in order to protect myself. I don't think it's helpful to reveal a huge weakness, especially since the risk is (in my opinion) completely not worth the reward at this stage in the game.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

these replacements tho

ozgin, why are you assuming you will be alive tomorrow, that seems very unlikely
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”