SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4975 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Xombie »

In post 4968, theaceofspades wrote:
In post 4965, Xombie wrote:
In post 4959, theaceofspades wrote:i do wonder why people are voting beast/ozgin. I just read his iso. And he spent half the game dealing with house accusing him of being a scummy vote nullifier. He's been on the defensive for a while. and then was pushing skybird for a while.

That's pretty much it. I don't see that as sccummy. In fact his "i don't get it, this is messed up" defense looked pretty towny to me. Ozgin's posts have been pretty town too. I'd lynch TD first

So why were you voting him in the first place? And why are you still voting him if you think he's town?

You'd lynch TD while keeping your vote on beast...

Why TD? Why TD
first
?

? i'm voting TD. idk why your problem is. I never thought beast was scum. Convince me that he is and maybe i'll vote that way. but i don't feel it right now

You '
never
thought beast was scum' but your last post before today is voting him.

In post 4340, theaceofspades wrote:i lied. I feel okay now

VOTE: beast

Do you typically vote players that you don't think are scum?

And you didn't answer. Why TD?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4976 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4972, theaceofspades wrote:i think little. hes a replacement he's reading. Has initial impressions that can change.

Nothing exciting. Posts are townie.

Ok, so why exactly is it town then?
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4977 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

derp. idk why i did that. I never meant to.

UNVOTE:

and it's town because it's not scum. So i suppose it's null. But changing your mind isn't scummy. And is a reasonable expectation from a replacement who's catching up. Views change an evolve.
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4978 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by ooba »

In post 4956, Ozgin wrote:So I think I have to retract my earlier statement bout Four not being scummy, because after reading a little bit of their ISO, from the gate they seem to be a very try-hard sort of character. Since I'm unfamiliar with the players' meta, I'm not sure if that's just how they play town, or it's a scum trying to overcompensate for the fact they're scum by pushing hard on other people.

Regardless, it stands out to me as something fairly abnormal.

VOTE: FourTrouble

I promise I'll get more into this game as I get time, I just replaced into a really awkward/tough position as a townie and it's really defeating and I have to muster up a lot of evidence if I'm going to build a town case for myself.

While I agree with SW that my exact first thought was 'Whoa. Abrupt switch. Perhaps coached?' - my second thought was that any competent scum team would have also realised that a switch would look scummy at this point.

This entire post makes me think Oz town. Although please answer my two questions.

ace's 'Idk why people are voting beast' while voting beast is the scummiest thing on that page. Also, I think I might have been too premature in reading Anamikus as town before.
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4979 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

mistakes=scummy. thanks ooba
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4980 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Okay, boytoy. Do you want to explain the neutral face in response to a votecount?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4981 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I was responding to 4972 but didn't care enough to specify after you ninjad me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4982 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4978, ooba wrote:Also, I think I might have been too premature in reading Anamikus as town before.

What do you mean by "before"?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4983 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 4981, Cephrir wrote:I was responding to 4972 but didn't care enough to specify after you ninjad me.

Clicking on the neutral face took you four minutes?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4984 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I do other things with the page open sometimes.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4985 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4956, Ozgin wrote:So I think I have to retract my earlier statement bout Four not being scummy, because after reading a little bit of their ISO, from the gate they seem to be a very try-hard sort of character.

This is so hilariously wrong, but it's okay man, I take this as a compliment.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4986 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4971, Ankamius wrote:
In post 4872, Ozgin wrote:Well with what I've read
I don't think Four is scum
, so I'm gonna just throw down a VOTE: TiphaineDeath

In post 4956, Ozgin wrote:S
o I think I have to retract my earlier statement bout Four not being scummy
, because after reading a little bit of their ISO, from the gate they seem to be a very try-hard sort of character. Since I'm unfamiliar with the players' meta, I'm not sure if that's just how they play town, or it's a scum trying to overcompensate for the fact they're scum by pushing hard on other people.

Regardless, it stands out to me as something fairly abnormal.

VOTE: FourTrouble

I promise I'll get more into this game as I get time, I just replaced into a really awkward/tough position as a townie and it's really defeating and I have to muster up a lot of evidence if I'm going to build a town case for myself.

I agree that the change looks fake -- or at least the justification for voting me.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4987 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4765, Heartless wrote:My working theory for the remaining scum are: Solar Wind, Ankamius, TSO, and RachMarie.

Solar Wind is the towniest player in this game. I'd stake just about anything on that. You're gonna have to explain that scumread more.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4988 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Heartless, why are ya'll voting me? If you think Ankamius is scum (which seems to be what you're saying), then shouldn't you be looking for scum in other neighborhoods?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4989 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Ooba, why are you voting me? What changed your read on me from "not lynching" to "scummiest player among beast and TD"?
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4990 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

VOTE: TD
V/LA weekends
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4991 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4990, theaceofspades wrote:VOTE: TD

Why not beast/Oz?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4992 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Does anyone get a vibe of pure manipulation from fts posts?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4993 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4992, vezokpiraka wrote:Does anyone get a vibe of pure manipulation from fts posts?

You're confirmation biasing hard, man.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4994 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4620, Heartless wrote:
In post 4616, Solar Wind wrote:FT if scum could easily bus PV. If he thought that PV was a liability to his team, he'd sooner bus than claim that past experience with PV made him cautious of PV. And I looked through his games: he did in fact play with town and scum PV and PV's play was fairly low-activity in both games as far as I recall. I'm not as sure in my townread of FT though and that's bugging me a little but not enough to vote him today.

i don't know how you could even begin to think you could predict something like this w/ any kind of accuracy

Heartless, why'd you say this?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4995 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I actually HAVE played with TheAceOfSpades: Micro 89: Mafia Rarefaction Segunda. I completely forgot!
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4996 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4994, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 4620, Heartless wrote:
In post 4616, Solar Wind wrote:FT if scum could easily bus PV. If he thought that PV was a liability to his team, he'd sooner bus than claim that past experience with PV made him cautious of PV. And I looked through his games: he did in fact play with town and scum PV and PV's play was fairly low-activity in both games as far as I recall. I'm not as sure in my townread of FT though and that's bugging me a little but not enough to vote him today.

i don't know how you could even begin to think you could predict something like this w/ any kind of accuracy

Heartless, why'd you say this?

And to give this question some context:

In post 1850, Solar Wind wrote:Ooba, you are voting my strongest townread in the game: one who I'll never consider lynching. Me and FT played together offsite for years and know each other probably better than we know anyone on mafiascum. Where we played, deadline was around 48-72 hours. When playing with normal two-week deadlines on mafiascum, people who haven't played here a lot get impatient and burned out. FT flaked from the last two games we hydra'd together. I'm unsurprised that he disappeared as the game dragged on and on for three weeks now. It fits with his play and isn't scummy for him.

And:

In post 1880, FourTrouble wrote:
@anyone who is voting me or suspects me: You do not know me, at all. I recommend reading my games (I'm not gonna tell you my meta cause last time I did that people just ignored it). Notice that every single player who has played with me before is townreading me (Solar, Imperium, Ceph, farside, etc.).
If that's not enough to make you think twice, consider -- F-16 was in the first game of mafia I ever played, has played 40+ games with me, understands how I think about the game, and has hydra'd with me a few times. He's also extremely good at meta analysis. So you'd be wise to defer to his read on me, especially given it's strength.
I understand my playstyle apparently comes off as scummy in the current mafiascum meta, but this is just how I play. Anyway, I felt the need to point this out because I was just mislynched in my last game here and I don't want that that to happen again. But it's on you guys to do some research, inform yourselves on my meta, or if you're not gonna do that, then defer to players who know. Okay. That's all I'm saying in my defense the rest of the game because I really hate wasting my time on this shit; I'll probably be night-killed soonish so this shouldn't be a problem later.

So I'm not sure why you'd question Solar's ability to read me or predict how I play if you'd read these posts? Which is a problem. Because while I understand missing F-16's post based on the sheer number of posts he's made, missing my post doesn't seem like you're giving much thought to my alignment, and that's unforgivable given Today's circumstances.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4997 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 4995, Solar Wind wrote:I actually HAVE played with TheAceOfSpades: Micro 89: Mafia Rarefaction Segunda. I completely forgot!

lol doesn't really count though, does it?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4998 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

What're your thoughts on Ace?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4999 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Not sure. I haven't really thought about a lot of reads. D1, a large part of my townread was on how the wagon on him built and he kept being pushed for bad reasons. I need to re-evaluate him based on how the AP wagon went through as opposed to his when AP is in general the more persuasive player.

Most of his posts feel fairly null. What are your thoughts on him at the moment?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”