SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4800 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 3208, vezokpiraka wrote:Beast is town for reasons.

In post 3224, vezokpiraka wrote:No. I talked to him in our neighborhood and he is 99% town

In post 4350, vezokpiraka wrote:I feel the same as magua. Beast and mostly everyone could hardpy fake the conviction beast had that he will prove to us he is town.

vote ft

In post 4427, vezokpiraka wrote:Also let me clear up the situation with beast.

Beast claimed in our neighbourhood that if he lives through day 1 his role will confirm him as town. We waited and his confirmation was that he had 1/2 votes. He said his vote fluctuated. I guessed that he gains a vote for each kill and that he had half because of brambles. He came in the thread and claimed that he actually gains half a vote for each death since the last night. So he had half a vote from the AP lynch. He did this incredibly calmly.

I couldn't see this coming from scum beast in a million years. His scumbuddies would've coached him and told him something to fakeclaim. He wouldn't have responded so quickly to my guess, because he would've asked his scum friends how to react.

Seriously, beast IS TOWN.

The lynch today is between FT and TD.

Are you reading beast as town for the vote gain or because of the way he claimed and acted?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4801 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 4787, ZZZX wrote:
In post 4779, Heartless wrote:I don't know about Antihero but "changing your mind" is pretty damn low on my priority list.

I'll also go out on a limb here and wager you'll be here a while.

Shouldnt convincing people of what you believe in a pretty important thing for town thou?

Convincing scum they're scum? No.

And this is the only thing you have to comment on?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4802 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:48 am

Post by Skybird »

Vezo, I just read through Beast's ISO again and most of the posts where he is talking about his ability read as someone who is angry. Could you point to the post where he "incredibly calmly" explains his vote role?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4803 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 4801, Heartless wrote:
In post 4779, Heartless wrote:I don't know about Antihero but "changing your mind" is pretty damn low on my priority list.

Shouldnt convincing people of what you believe in a pretty important thing for town thou?

I'd like you to convince us that you're town. Both of us have concerns.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4804 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 4786, mastin2 wrote:Know how you always seem to be on to something?
Always have fairly good reads when you get down to it?
But there's a small imperfection keeping it from being perfect?

Pretty sure that imperfection's Solar Wind.

I actually think it rounds out the ensemble pretty well. The TSO stance Solar Wind just gave was wibbly-wobbly and uninformative. They've been inexplicably town reading the other two for reasons that are never re-evaluated.

How about you, mastin? What's the allure of Solar Wind to you? The only substantive read I can seem to get out of them is when I talk about scumreading them in the thread and then I get vague threats like this: "I'd like you to convince us that you're town. Both of us have concerns." And the precise points he's scumreading us for are never explained even though we're expected to be asking
oh-so-nicely
about the mastin and Cephrir reads that sailed off the edge of the map.

It's all bullshit. There's no Wizard, mastin. It's a man behind a goddamn curtain.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4805 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 4803, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 4801, Heartless wrote:

I'd like you to convince us that you're town. Both of us have concerns.

What's your read on Ankamius and who's scum?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4806 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Our ankamius read was town on day 1 but it's faded. The fact that he's in the peregrine neighborhood knocks him back townward a little, but I don't want to put a ton of stock in neighborhood setup spec

If there is scum in our neighborhood, it's TD imo, but aside from his general uselessness this game day, I have a tattered but lingering weak townread from day 1.

I've come around to TAOS-maybe-scum, and that's a stronger read than Beast-scum, sadly, since I don't have the choice to vote there today.

If beast flips scum I'll worry a little less about TSO, but right now, I could see either of them as scum.

My rach read would probably have flipped scumward if not for Nacho's conviction she's town.

I have a bucket of players I want to be town but I'm paranoid about. You guys were in that bucket at the start of this day, but the lack of certain things from Anti worries me., though I could kind of see your stance on us coming from paranoia on his part and unfamiliarity on yours. Although our play is bristling with our town markers, which players who know us well have had no trouble spotting, there's a ton of noise and heat in our iso that could make it hard for someone who doesn't know us to sort us.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4807 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:16 am

Post by Heartless »

And you still use the opportunity to throw shade back at me while giving as few other reads as possible.
No mention of who else is in the "bucket." I suppose I'd have to ask for them, but I'm not getting sucked into that game.

I'm finished here. You may have your meta manipulated and everyone else fooled, but you don't have me fooled.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4808 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:19 am

Post by T S O »

I'm presumably in the bucket for no real reason.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4809 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 am

Post by T S O »

There are all these tetchy little fights between {SW, Imp} and {SW, Heart} etc. going on, yet one of the common denominators which never changes is the scumreading of me. Really? Like everyone who's pushing me is either doing it for
no
fucking reason {MS, Magua} or doing it for ...no fucking reason {EVERYONE ELSE}.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4810 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 am

Post by T S O »

In post 4767, Imperium wrote:
In post 4738, T S O wrote:How exactly does me not voting make Beast less likely to be scum? I presume you're calling me scum here, therefore:

TSO-scum not voting TD-unknown alignment makes Beast more likely to be town ...?

explain.

This does not match up with your post yesterday when you said to Ankamius that you guys tried to lynch TD and failed as if it were something you wanted.

But you hadn't voted him and hadn't pushed him since yesterday at deadline.

If you didn't have a scum read on TD then what was the purpose of the "we tried and failed" post?

Do you want me to take this post apart? I can do it, but today's the last day of my break and I don't feel like doing so.
And then you're wondering why we're not taking your word for Beast, but you're not actually trying to save him and pushing for the read you feel is more likely to be scum. Also, I posted some things yesterday that bugged me about TD but you didn't inquire about them or comment on them. Only Cephrir did, and I realize in part I'm being a bit secretive, but my neighborhood knows exactly the problem and they apparently don't think it means much as they just said it sounds like derp town. I was hoping someone would replace into bitmap's slot that was easily readable who would read the neighborhood and give me feedback there but :/

But what it boils down to is that you're not actively pushing an alternative if you're legitimately town reading beast and even are slightly scum reading TD.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4811 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 am

Post by T S O »

Okay what the fuck
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4812 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 am

Post by T S O »

In post 4767, Imperium wrote:
In post 4738, T S O wrote:How exactly does me not voting make Beast less likely to be scum? I presume you're calling me scum here, therefore:

TSO-scum not voting TD-unknown alignment makes Beast more likely to be town ...?

explain.

This does not match up with your post yesterday when you said to Ankamius that you guys tried to lynch TD and failed as if it were something you wanted.

But you hadn't voted him and hadn't pushed him since yesterday at deadline.

If you didn't have a scum read on TD then what was the purpose of the "we tried and failed" post?

And then you're wondering why we're not taking your word for Beast, but you're not actually trying to save him and pushing for the read you feel is more likely to be scum. Also, I posted some things yesterday that bugged me about TD but you didn't inquire about them or comment on them. Only Cephrir did, and I realize in part I'm being a bit secretive, but my neighborhood knows exactly the problem and they apparently don't think it means much as they just said it sounds like derp town. I was hoping someone would replace into bitmap's slot that was easily readable who would read the neighborhood and give me feedback there but :/

But what it boils down to is that you're not actively pushing an alternative if you're legitimately town reading beast and even are slightly scum reading TD.

Do you want me to take this post apart? I can do it, but today's the last day of my break and I don't feel like doing so.
-Marquis
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4813 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 4807, Heartless wrote:
And you still use the opportunity to throw shade back at me while giving as few other reads as possible.
No mention of who else is in the "bucket." I suppose I'd have to ask for them, but I'm not getting sucked into that game.

I'm finished here. You may have your meta manipulated and everyone else fooled, but you don't have me fooled.

I'm not townreading you. Has nothing to do with shade. Has to do with distrust.

The players I'm paranoid about are Ceph and Mastin.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4814 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:24 am

Post by T S O »

I agree 100% I'm being a useless fuck and have been utterly abjectly horrendous for this game, but it's just one of those games I feel literally 0 motivation towards. We'll probably end up winning it anyway.
-Marquis
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4815 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 4808, T S O wrote:I'm presumably in the bucket for no real reason.

In post 4814, T S O wrote:I agree 100%
I'm being a useless fuck and have been utterly abjectly horrendous for this game,
but it's just one of those games I feel literally 0 motivation towards. We'll probably end up winning it anyway.

The bolded is the reason I think you could be scum. I don't call that "no real reason".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4816 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

That and feeling wrong the entire game make up my reasons.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4817 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Anti, you should probably get in here and talk. It's not going to go well if we are erroneously scumreading you guys.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4818 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also, I'm tempted to start replacing out of these 500 neighbors games until people stop neighborhood speccing.

You might as well go outside and roll a bunch of dice on the ground.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4819 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4817, Solar Wind wrote:Anti, you should probably get in here and talk. It's not going to go well if we are erroneously scumreading you guys.

You do realize this is exactly the kind of vague threat that's been pissing them off, right?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4820 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:34 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 4818, Cephrir wrote:Also, I'm tempted to start replacing out of these 500 neighbors games until people stop neighborhood speccing.

You might as well go outside and roll a bunch of dice on the ground.

Dice are for losers.

Chicken entrails are where it's at.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4821 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 4813, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 4807, Heartless wrote:

I'm not townreading you. Has nothing to do with shade. Has to do with distrust.

The players I'm paranoid about are Ceph and Mastin.

In post 4817, Solar Wind wrote:Anti, you should probably get in here and talk. It's not going to go well if we are erroneously scumreading you guys.

This is just getting sad.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4822 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 4819, Cephrir wrote:

You do realize this is exactly the kind of vague threat that's been pissing them off, right?

I do. What do you think has been pissing me off?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4823 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:38 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 4819, Cephrir wrote:

And it reinforces the idea that they're playing to a certain meta and
they're well aware of it.
They couldn't have given less than a shit about Anti and what he had to say when he was in here before but
suddenly
they want him in here because he's got all this great meta knowledge that's going to help them out.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor