AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:04 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

Hey All. Sorry I havn't been on. My little cousin thought it'd be funny to take a magnet to my computer, thus having me get a new one. I should be caught up by tonight.
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:24 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

Just postin’ my thoughts.
Dral wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:avoid night choices? are you frigging serious!?
Our best chance at finding the scum is to use the confirmed quacks to target people. A quack is like a Vig-Cop combo.
Not exactly. I could end up killing any real doctor.
Plus, if someone lives, they aren't 100% scum (they could have been protected).
I guess with some coordination we could use it as a second lynch. Like give me a target and tell everyone else not to target them. But probably way too difficult to get everyone to agree to that.
With the protecting and the quacks floating around, with the scum, a lot happens at night. There is a possibility that some one may not be killed at night.
Hjallti wrote:Dral is not freed of any suspicous. It is possible his night choice caused the death of FeRnAnDo without him having to be a quack.
He could be using being a quack as an effective coverup, confusing the rest of the town.
Hjallti wrote:As I see it, we should mass claim on the second or third day about our night choices. Probably we could filter out the wrong information by scum and find the target. And if the info fits together sum might have claimed very late (when they could see what to do) and thus even that might be info.

I agree with the mass claim in a few days. But today would be a bad idea with one dead. And we don’t know if it was a quack, or scum, that killed him.
curiouskarmadog wrote:…if I target someone who is a doctor (if I am indeed a quack), I kill them, thus helping the mafia. Now we can all combine our efforts and be honest with our choices, but the mafia will throw in false info, which would be difficult to catch not to mention it is almost like claiming. The only way a Quack is like a Vig, is that he has potential to kill at night. But he can only kill a townie….so how does this help the town at this point?
It doesn’t. That’s the whole point of the quacks. It basically puts the town and scum with the same amount of people on each side (before night one). Now that one doctor is gone, and the quacks unaware with what they are, the scum really are uped on this one. From the minute this game started the scum has had an advantage, and thus they just have to wait for the town to screw up again.

That is all I have right now.

This game is as confusing as hell and being gone as long as I have, I hoped that there would be some content. But all that has been said is that the Quacks have us really screwed, as well as BM’s lack of knowledge of the way the game sets up and Dral’s possible quack-ness. This is going to be a tough game.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:43 am

Post by theopor_COD »

BM - Do I need a reason? You know me well enougy by know - post, vote, watch for reactions, make a mental note etc.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Dral »

I think we should tell all targets. It should be fairly easy to catch the scums in a lie. We can't wait for a few days because, as people die, it will be easier to lie.
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

AmeliaLi wrote:Hey All. Sorry I havn't been on. My little cousin thought it'd be funny to take a magnet to my computer, thus having me get a new one. I should be caught up by tonight.
Must have been a hell of a magnet.....
For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Mert »

Dral wrote:I think we should tell all targets. It should be fairly easy to catch the scums in a lie. We can't wait for a few days because, as people die, it will be easier to lie.
Will it? We know how
many
Quacks there are, so scum claiming either Doc or Quack will get harder the more confirmed (ie. dead) people we have. In addition to that, we know the maximum number of "quack attacks" we can have per night, so scum later saying "I must be a Quack because I targetted [x] and [y]" could out them far easier in later days than after only one night.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think the benefits of claiming today would be though, as there are certain advantages that it holds over a later claim. I'd like to hear your plan for if we mass claim targets today and compare it to if we keep hold of the information for later on.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
ControlledBurn
ControlledBurn
Townie
ControlledBurn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by ControlledBurn »

The problem with a mass claim this early is it gives the scum a sure list of who is a doc and who's a quack, and can start trying to eliminate the normal doc's each night.
For a good time, call 1-800-WX-BRIEF
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Dral »

Mert wrote:
Dral wrote:I think we should tell all targets. It should be fairly easy to catch the scums in a lie. We can't wait for a few days because, as people die, it will be easier to lie.
Will it? We know how
many
Quacks there are, so scum claiming either Doc or Quack will get harder the more confirmed (ie. dead) people we have. In addition to that, we know the maximum number of "quack attacks" we can have per night, so scum later saying "I must be a Quack because I targetted [x] and [y]" could out them far easier in later days than after only one night.
But, we will not know who the dead people targeted on earlier days. Without this info the scum will be able to come up with lies that we can't confirm.
Mert wrote:I'd be interested in hearing what you think the benefits of claiming today would be though, as there are certain advantages that it holds over a later claim. I'd like to hear your plan for if we mass claim targets today and compare it to if we keep hold of the information for later on.
The benefit is we will have info for future days. After a few days, we will be able to look at past nights and find the lies. The problem I see is that we will lose the dead peoples targets. Today is a good day because we only lost one person last night.

Yes, the downside will be the scum should have an easier time figuring out the quacks (since they know who the scum are and who the scum targeted). I have no idea how big of an advantage this is. Since they don't know who the doctors will target, it may not be a big advantage. For example, I am most likely a quack. Would doctors target me to test for "quackness"? Would the scum not target me? Really hard to tell what the best strategy would be. I like claiming to get info.
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ControlledBurn wrote:The problem with a mass claim this early is it gives the scum a sure list of who is a doc and who's a quack, and can start trying to eliminate the normal doc's each night.
not really. true it gives them as much information as us, they dont really NEED to know who is Quack and who is Doc, whereas we need the info to deduce who is scum.

I support a mass-claim, so i'll start off. I protected Mert last night.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 am

Post by JDodge »

Battle Mage wrote:
ControlledBurn wrote:The problem with a mass claim this early is it gives the scum a sure list of who is a doc and who's a quack, and can start trying to eliminate the normal doc's each night.
not really. true it gives them as much information as us, they dont really NEED to know who is Quack and who is Doc, whereas we need the info to deduce who is scum.

I support a mass-claim, so i'll start off. I protected Mert last night.
QFT (All of it)
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:26 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Battle Mage wrote: I protected Mert last night.
So did I.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:49 am

Post by JDodge »

That makes 3 of us...

Mod:
If a quack and a regular doctor target a doctor, will that doctor die or will he live since he's been protected? I know it's an odd question, but still.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

JDodge wrote:That makes 3 of us...

Mod:
If a quack and a regular doctor target a doctor, will that doctor die or will he live since he's been protected? I know it's an odd question, but still.
i expect the 2 counteract each other...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:16 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

I protected JDodge.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:04 am

Post by Aimee »

Battle Mage wrote:

Mod:
BM is our genius of the day.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:59 am

Post by JDodge »

Aimee wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Mod:
THAT MAKES ME AN IDIOT! YAY!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Aimee wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Mod:
wow. you'd be amazed how infrequently i hear those words on this site. :)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:17 am

Post by theopor_COD »

BM's latest posts give me a much better feeling.

unvote

Last night my dear friends I protected Jordan, as I guessed the majority of you would sling your coat tails on JDodge, Mert or Battle Mage.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:BM's latest posts give me a much better feeling.

unvote

Last night my dear friends I protected Jordan, as I guessed the majority of you would sling your coat tails on JDodge, Mert or Battle Mage.
surely with that logic you would have protected one of us, knowing that we would also be popular NK targets? :?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:06 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Jordan's an adequate decent player.

What do you find difficult to comprehend?

Plus BM I could just as easily be a quack or a Doc, I don't know yet - do any of us? No.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:Jordan's an adequate decent player.

What do you find difficult to comprehend?

Plus BM I could just as easily be a quack or a Doc, I don't know yet - do any of us? No.
true enough, but i don't really understand your reasoning behind your targetting. :oops:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Mert »

I protected curiouskarmadog last night, for similar reasons to those given by theopor_COD for his choice - I figured the IC gang would be targets by a whole bunch of people and so my information would be almost worthless. By choosing a target randomly I figured I'd have a better chance of being the only person to target them, therefore learning more about the nature of my role than I would anyway.

BM, I'm with Theopor on this one... his choice makes sense.

Not to say I'm not flattered by the amount of people that targetted me, of course :lol:
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:38 am

Post by JDodge »

WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE WITH THE REAL BM????

Genius of the day? Rightside-up quoting? :P
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

unvote

i must be losing it here. seriously. :oops:
Let me try one last time to explain how this appears to me:

You protected Jordan last night. thats fine in itself. But then your reason for protecting Jordan was that you thought Jdodge Mert or myself would have been more likely targets. Now this doesnt make alot of sense to me. I mean, if you thought somebody was a priority target for doc-protect, it would make sense to assme that you felt they were likely to be Mafia targets too. So if you felt that the scum were going to target Jdodge, Mert or me, WHY did you protect Jordan? :?:

Dammit i'm confused. This genius status is alotta pressure i guess. :p
Show

Nightkilled - 10

AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:55 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

Battle Mage wrote:

unvote

i must be losing it here. seriously. :oops:
Let me try one last time to explain how this appears to me:

You protected Jordan last night. thats fine in itself. But then your reason for protecting Jordan was that you thought Jdodge Mert or myself would have been more likely targets. Now this doesnt make alot of sense to me. I mean, if you thought somebody was a priority target for doc-protect, it would make sense to assme that you felt they were likely to be Mafia targets too. So if you felt that the scum were going to target Jdodge, Mert or me, WHY did you protect Jordan? :?:

Dammit i'm confused. This genius status is alotta pressure i guess. :p
I guess one of the reasons could be to insure someone else living other than JDodge, Mert, or you, BM. That's the only thing that seems to make sense to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”