AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Not that any of you seem to have noticed that I haven't fulfilled my promised posts, but I haven't and I do feel bad about it. I've contemplated asking for replacement, but since one of the huge stressors in my life will be over on July 25, I think I'll stick it out, for continuity's sake, and because, even though you can't really tell, I actually
do
care about this game.

I'm going to be without internet from tomorrow to the 12th, which I realize is absolutely awful timing, given the deadline. I'll be posting what I've got this evening. It's important that we lynch. I'm going to stay on Guardian, since only Yos (I believe?) is on Albert, and I suspect Guardian more than Yogurt. (Also, I don't really buy into MrBuddyLee's arguments that he's the SK, but I really don't care one way or the other--in fact, since the SK acts alone, we'd be cutting down nightkills right at the start, as opposed to just lynching one of many mafia-members, so...yeah. Also, relying on the SK to off scum at night is silly--he has no better idea than the rest of us, and puls...well, whatever.) So anyway...that's sort of what's going on right now. I might be able to check early tomorrow morning (Mountain Time) and see if I really need to move my vote in order to secure a lynch.

Sorry to you all. :(
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:;)

Unvote
until I get a strong case on someone.
It's Day One. Your vote should ALWAYS be on someone.

vote: Albert
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Glork wrote:
FoS: MBL

Why is your vote sitting uselessly on nobody?
Cause I'm thinking. It was on you because you're squirrelly this game, but I'm not interested in lynching you, so thinking.
unvote, vote: MBL

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Permanent V/LA.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

MoS, are you serious? We
do
have a deadline looming, and I've had weird feelings about MBL (honestly, his SK-obsession makes me wonder if he's the SK), but...do you really think you can get him lynched at this point? And you think him unvoting was that bad? (He also didn't random-vote at the start, which I found a bit amusing given "always vote" stance, but...it's not
that
bad.)

Do you really think MBL is more likely to be scum than both Yogurt and Guardian, whom we actually have a reasonable chance of lynching?
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:05 pm

AE, MBL has been my second most likely scum since I replaced into this game (as shown by my analysis after my reread, he was actually the scummiest to me for a while). I am happy with either an MBL or Yogurt lynch, but I see no reason not to at least switch my vote after further evidence comes up, on the off-chance that others actually see how scummy he is and vote him as well. I do not give up on people I think are scum, even if I am the only one voting them.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

You're wrong, and hypocrisy is a terrible reason for a vote. You should clarify whether that apparent hypocrisy has any possible reasoning behind it that actually negates the "hypocrite" argument.

In this case, my reasoning was that early in D1, votes have less meaning and there's little reason to not be voting someone. At the end of the day, when it's time to choose a final lynch candidate, it doesn't particularly matter whether your vote comes off and immediately on someone else or if you take a few days to make sure you make the right choice. And, in fact, at the end of the day, you need to take more care with your vote so you don't accidentally foment a wagon you don't actually support. And that's where I'm at--I need to make the "right" choice and not just slop my vote wherever.

annoyed: MoS
for pettiness
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Glork »

No, I think MoS brings up a reasonable point. Voting habits are one of the ways to track suspicions. You argue that there's more reason to vote when they have little reasoning.
I would argue the
EXACT OPPOSITE
If you're going to posit "you should always be voting" then advocate that stance when votes have the
MOST
importance. The fact that MBL is conveniently keeping his hand tucked away in his jacket makes me wonder if he's concealing a fifth ace back there.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Glork »

Incidentally, MoS's 1203 illustrates beautifully why always having your vote somewhere is useful to a town. He moved to MBL after MBL's play raised alarm bells, yet he's well aware of the deadline
and can move back to YB well before that deadline falls.
This way, even lazy players who just watch voting patterns will see MoS's displeasure with MBL's play. I want MBL to slap down a vote somewhere
IN HIS VERY NEXT POST
, even if he plans on changing it before the day ends.

Also, I'm miffed that MBL accuses MoS of harping on something "petty." Your vote is your weapon against the scums. Use it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

>.>
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Shteven »

HackerHuck wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling that Albert is deliberately playing scummy so that it obscures his real role. I still prefer a Guardian lynch, but I think Albert still deserves some attention.
Agreed. There's really only one reason to hide your role, and that's because it's anti-town. Yes, cops and docs don't want to be known, but there's really not many things you can do to give away that you're a cop/doc on day one. At least none I can think of. They aren't really roles that broadcast themselves, unless you come out really strong against someone as a cop.

As far as MBL goes, he's been a secondary target of mine for a long time, and I'd be glad to switch to him if a lynch of him was possible. In fact I think I'll promote him to #2 exactly.

What I find especially odd is that both Yogurt and Guardian are throwing away their votes on someone who has only 1 vote. Either one of them could give the other the 6th vote. They'd still have to ride out until the 10th, but honestly, I don't see why they haven't ended this yet. Maybe it would look bad, but even so, I'd do it if I was them...

Overall, my order of lynch preference:
Guardian
MBL
Albert
Glork
Yogurt (better than a no-lynch)
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:36 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:You're wrong, and hypocrisy is a terrible reason for a vote. You should clarify whether that apparent hypocrisy has any possible reasoning behind it that actually negates the "hypocrite" argument.

In this case, my reasoning was that early in D1, votes have less meaning and there's little reason to not be voting someone. At the end of the day, when it's time to choose a final lynch candidate, it doesn't particularly matter whether your vote comes off and immediately on someone else or if you take a few days to make sure you make the right choice. And, in fact, at the end of the day, you need to take more care with your vote so you don't accidentally foment a wagon you don't actually support. And that's where I'm at--I need to make the "right" choice and not just slop my vote wherever.

annoyed: MoS
for pettiness
If this was the case, why did you not say so in the first place, instead of just making a blanket statement for all of D1? I think you're just scrambling to cover your ass.
Permanent V/LA.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:22 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Shteven wrote: What I find especially odd is that both Yogurt and Guardian are throwing away their votes on someone who has only 1 vote. Either one of them could give the other the 6th vote. They'd still have to ride out until the 10th, but honestly, I don't see why they haven't ended this yet. Maybe it would look bad, but even so, I'd do it if I was them...
1. You know why Im voting TCS. I wouldn't change to save myself, because I know I am vanilla, and If im close to being lynched, I will state my suspicons and etc. Mos also unvoted me, So If Guardian were to vote me now that would only be the 5th vote.

2.Are you trying to signal Guardian or something? It wont work now, but thats definetly something we should look at Day2.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:50 am

Post by xyzzy »

*Sigh*

I'm nearly done with my analysis of this crazy game, but I want to point out the general theme of the analysis:

ABR is scum.
I know, I know, he always acts scummy, but he's acting entirely different. He's... still throwing scumtells all over, but it's not the ones he usually throws. I can't put my finger on it, but he's definitely hiding something. Not acting normal AT ALL.

Vote: ABR
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

That's funny lol
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Now there's an effective defense, Albert.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:05 am

I'm still waiting for his analysis.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:32 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Yosarian2 wrote:Now there's an effective defense, Albert.
QFT.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:34 am

An effective defense to an effective attack...
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:35 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:An effective defense to an effective attack...
So you are saying "thats funny lol" is a effective defense? Xyzzys attack was genuine, and he hasnt even done the analysis yet.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:46 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm still waiting for his analysis.
Unvote, vote YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm still waiting for his analysis.
Unvote, vote YogurtBandit
That's your reason for voting me?

Fos:ABR
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Guardian »

FOS: Albert
for this last exchange.

FOS: HackerHuck
. I really don't like him in the last few pages. Something has felt a bit off from him all game, I need to do a complete re-read, but I think I may be on to something here.

But wait, Shteven is scum:
Shteven wrote:What I find especially odd is that both Yogurt and Guardian are throwing away their votes on someone who has only 1 vote. Either one of them could give the other the 6th vote. They'd still have to ride out until the 10th, but honestly, I don't see why they haven't ended this yet. Maybe it would look bad, but even so, I'd do it if I was them...
You find it odd we are scumhunting instead of bandwagoning, and find it odd that we are voting people we find to be scummy rather than voting for the largest wagon other than ourselves? And in our situation, you would vote the other player just to make the wagon larger?? Even in my situation, when I really doubt that YB is scum!?

BM is not off my radar, but is no longer at the top of it.

unvote: BM vote: Shteven

MoS - not game related - you never told me what those 5 "first things that would come into my mind" were.

Autumn - I noticed you weren't here (even while I wasn't here, heh), but I don't particularly think you are scum, so I didn't see a reason to say anything about it.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

confirm vote:albert
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:30 am

All 3 posters above me have no reason to be suspicious of my last "exchange".

xyzzy says: "I can't put my finger on it, but he's definitely hiding something" to which I laugh, and Yosarian calls that a "defense", which makes no sense. YB QFTs, which is equally, if not more ridiculous. Guardian also makes an inexplicable FoS.

Before xyzzy even opens his case. That is idiotic at best.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert: xyzzy made sense, and you tried to laugh away his post. That looked a bit scummy to me. Now, you want to wait for his analysis, I understand that, but then you OMGUS voted Yogurt for just agreeing with me that your "defense" post was iffy. Now THAT was scummy.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:36 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I also dont make sense on why you would laugh if you are hiding something.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”