Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Mnowax is even more annoying and apathetic than me.

That's quite a feat.

vote: mnowax
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I am overjoyed by the frequency of voting with deadline looming.
Permanent V/LA.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by mnowax »

VOTE: MOS
Sure one more time for fun.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

That might be the worst example of an OMGUS vote I've ever seen.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Yosarian2 wrote:That might be the worst example of an OMGUS vote I've ever seen.
I know, especially since I am the one voting for Mnowax...
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Bleah. Got back from vacation Saturday, and just haven't been up to reading through the game yet (it's quite nice not thinking about mafia for 10 or so days!). I plan on getting to my two analyses soon, and I've asked Thok to extend the deadline as long as possible, obviously. I'll be gone tomorrow, though (celebrating the 4th with family), and will probably be busy on the 5th as well (friends from school in the area, planning on meeting up, but plans are still up in the air).

Skimming over the latest, I'm quite glad I decided to run the day this way. More compact posts with more substance than usual (except for the latest spam concerning mnowax2, which I am finding highly annoying). I'll try set down time to read the analyses themselves, since they could easily give me leads, blah blah blah, I won't bother explaining benefits.

Players who have not finished their assignment will not be in my good graces. Get them done - I will be checking up to see who's done what hopefully around Friday/Saturday.

*cracks whip*
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Thesp »

I'm curious to see petroleumjelly's reaction to mnowax.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:22 am

Post by mnowax »

Yos:

His kingdom (who ended up killing me beforehand) Still gets pro-town vibes from me, rather than the fact he hammered a townie, i still believe his actions were just in his decision. His LoE i believe that he had a majority of scum on his list, and i wouldn't be too saddened to let any of them be killed. However of the two i'd be more likely to hammer Yos rather than Kscope, but mostly for OMGUS reasons. They both pretty much look townie to me.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:23 am

Post by mnowax »

I have been taking some critizism here, and since that king has no sympathy here, i shall do my assignment.

First K-Scope:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Well,
readed everything now
Scratch that, i've started to skim after 2 hours of reading... I've been busy 3 hours total, just for this game. I can say Bird1111 didn't leave me with a very good replacement spot, considering his sudden switch at the start at day 2. I can seriously say that I even would suspect myself if I didn't knew I was town.

Suspicion list²:
Pablito (mainly because he's agreeing more and more with Glork, which I find a very uncomfortable way of play (not that I suspect Glork, but the play itself)
Cardboardbox (For reasons stated in my previous post)
Pooky (for his actions on early day 2, then continue to lurk to sway off suspicion again. He returned with a reasonable post, but he has to convince me just yet)

To a lesser extent:
Fritzler (For his really odd play. I don't know if he usually does so, but it annoys me quite a bit)
Phoebus (Everytime he pops up, he makes me feel he's scum, but when others reply to it and he replys back, he looks more like town to me)
PJ (His D1 play still doesn't sit me well, especially since he moreover executed Rosso over suspects he had longer in mind. Although it could've been more a pressured paranoia victem)
Lurkers

For the record: i'm not really pro for a Yosarain2 execution, but that's mainly on gut feelings. I'm leaving the decision in the hands of our King.

That's all for now. Going to take a break now. If anyone has any questions towards me, just let me know.[/quote]

The following post, i think makes me think he is quite pro town. Although he lurks after this post, it seems to me that it would not be a good tactic to buss Pooky for no real reason, who ended up being scum, I also believe that His top three are the top three that i would probably go for a lynch still.

Overall thoughts is that he is town.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:30 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Lol, you're so scum.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Bleah. Got back from vacation Saturday, and just haven't been up to reading through the game yet (it's quite nice not thinking about mafia for 10 or so days!). I plan on getting to my two analyses soon, and I've asked Thok to extend the deadline as long as possible, obviously. I'll be gone tomorrow, though (celebrating the 4th with family), and will probably be busy on the 5th as well (friends from school in the area, planning on meeting up, but plans are still up in the air).
Given the existance of the 4th of July (which I had forgotten about), and the fact that several participants will be at Thespival, I'll push the deadline back to the 22nd. That is an unretractible deadline.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by RafK »

Appreciated. Work has been even WORSE this week for me unfortunately.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by Cavane »

Likewise. Thanks, Thok.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:29 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Miss you guys. :'(
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

OMG it's BMQ...
Permanent V/LA.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Lowell »

My long awaited second HW assignment:
ThAdrimal aka Olio aka Stalling aka CDB

CDB
:
~ opened with vote for CBB for basically dumb reason (not voting enough)
~ tries to defend said reason
~ comes out AGAINST outing kingmaker when that discussion was brought up
(point against, IMO)

~ votes Mert for connecting players or something.

Stalling Champ
:
~ stalls
~ stall, champ-style
~ votes pookoy, fritz, Mos... for being lurky like him, but he expects more(!?)
(REALLY scummy post, IMO)

~ unvotes all

Olio
:
~ votes Pablito, LL, Nightson
~ pushes Pablito
~ same 3 still for LOE, plus maybe SV and MOS
~ unvotes MoS
~ votes YOS
~ not much happens

ThAdmiral

~ votes Pablito, smashy, fritz, and mnowax
~ unvotes pabs
~ when LOE of fritz, Vita, and SV announced, he says lynch fritz or Vita, but not SV
~ SV turns up scum, he apologizes
~ votes fritz, vita, mnowax (
looks very incurious and opportunistic to me
)

Overall analysis:

(1) Stalling's brief tenure was really scummy as hell. His post voting Pooky, Fritz, and MoS looks like he's encouraging livelier, better scumbuddies to be more active pushing the town (particularly since pooky turned up scum).

(2) CDB was against outing the kingmaker, which to me is a point against. I think the scum have a lot more to lose by outing the kingmaker than do the town.

(3) ThAdmiral has seemed to lack curiosity. He's placed some votes (as have his predecessors), but doesn't seem to want to reconsider things very often. When the LOE came out yesterday, he said Fritz, Vita should be executed, but not SV. Oops, he's wrong! So now just add Mnowax to the existing list. How... um... thoughtful. It looks like he's just trying to cover up for being wrong by maintaining "safe" suspicions. I don't like it.

(4) Olio, too, had a tendendcy (though not as pronounced) to gravitate towards a few players and stick with them. Not great towniness, IMO.

(5) MoS has featured heavily in all four incarnations' thoughts. Not really sure what to make of this. Either he's an easy target or they're scumbuddies. I don't have any idea which.

vote ThAdmiral
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Zindaras »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Miss you guys. :'(
We miss you too. *hug*

I've been working on the thing.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by Thesp »

mnowax, emphasis added wrote:Yos:

His kingdom (who ended up killing me beforehand) Still gets pro-town vibes from me, rather than the fact he hammered a townie, i still believe his actions were just in his decision.
His LoE i believe that he had a majority of scum on his list
, and i wouldn't be too saddened to let any of them be killed. However of the two i'd be more likely to hammer Yos rather than Kscope, but mostly for OMGUS reasons. They both pretty much look townie to me.
Couldn't this be
more
justification for his scumminess? His eventual pick of a exectuee (if I recall correctly) didn't look natural at all to me, and him having a number of scum on the list would be a perfect setup if he were scum ("But look how many scum I suspected! I'm more likely to be town! Ignore the fact that I chose a sub-par lynch who turned up being townie, I was suspicious of scum!")
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:12 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Off with friends yesterday to the beach, and probably will be again today since they won't be in town long. Nevertheless:

Add to LoE: Zindaras, ThAdmiral, RafK, Fritzler, Cavane, Yosarian2
. These players need to hop to their analyses post-haste. Or else. :x (Note: Yos2 gave an 'analysis' without reading through the thread, which is
not
fulfilling the assignment).

The following players still need to finish theirs:
mnowax2, K-Scope

Mine will probably need to be held off until tomorrow.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I gave my thoughts of you and Thesp without reading the thread, and then I read through the thread and gave a detailed analysis of Thesp. If you really want me to, I could go through and do an analysis of you, PJ, but that really seems like a waste of time to do that now; we're obv not going to lynch you today no matter what, and tommorow we'll have more info on you based on how today goes. I'd much rather we spend our time analyzing and discussing people we MIGHT ACTUALLY LYNCH today, with the rapidly upcoming deadline and all that.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by RafK »

He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots.

OK. Not as thorough read-through as I'd like (which would be a complete readthrough, should I ever have 6 hours or so to devote to such a thing). Nonetheless, a readthrough at least of the assigned personnel.

And it has swung my opinions a bit.

Anyway-

Fritzler

Oldest to most recent:

-Nowhere post mentioning CTD.
-Nowhere post.
-Pro-Pooky post.
-Post attacking CTD that doesn't seem serious.
-More of the same.
-(and again)
-(and still)
-Crapposting
-Actually coherent post explaining away something SV did (admittedly it does seem like a legit mistake by SV)
-Return to random anti-CTDness
-Still
-I imagine Fritzler's sig has changed by now so I have no idea what the purpose of this post was.
-Criticizes PJ's list for absence of CTD
- Two more crapposts.

(Fritzler day 1 was manic, as you can see, but unhelpful as no-one was ever going to take this seriously- least of all a reasoned player like PJ. It's hard to say, though, if this is just an act to avoid committing to anything for real or if this is just Fritz being Fritz on day 1).

- Makes first actual point for entire game (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 601#464601) in relation to MBL giving advice on mountainous games. It's a little bit suspicious that he finally "breaks cover" in response to a vote on him for lurking, and to refute MBL on the basis that MBL was scum in a previous mountainous game (which is bad logic anyway)

-Jokes about being Pooky's scumbuddy, as others have mentioned.
-His posts 17 and 18, makes actual content again in response to SC's attempt to set up
Pooky, MoS and Fritzler
as lurking scum. Plays the man, not the ball.
-Returns to crapposting.

-Disappears for over a month (thus never has to comment on Glork's LOE or on Pooky's execution- was Fritzler actually away from the site during this, or did he just avoid the thread?).

-Returns with "Thor" gimmick, and calls
SV, yos and bird's replacement (KScope)
scum without reasons. It should be obvious why it's interesting to me that Fritz would disappear for ages, then come back with this scum list (none of whom had previously been on his public radar).
-After that, crapposts again (including another jab at CTD). No further mention of SV, yos or KScope. Part of the "kill someone" movement that started up against DR, although in fairness it would be a wrenching break of character for Fritz to not get impatient in that situation.
- http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 018#511018
Points out olio most certainly can be held accountable for his predecessor. Which is true. Of note: olio is now ThAdmiral
-Follows up with a suggestion that olio would be a good kill target.

-Disappears for a month, shows up again on day 4 and votes for everyone (which is, of course, utterly useless)
-Suggests he would have executed ThAdmiral (continuing his anti-olio thing) or
MoS
rather than LL
-Jabs at DoS (who's now VR)
-Laughs off KScope's vote
-Does not participate in Yos' plan to stimulate discussion, not that Yos did anything about that
-Back to "kill now please" crapposting.
-Two final shots at CTD/mnowax (who came up town, of course): the only person seriously prodded at by Fritzler who has actually died and had their side proven.

-Day 5: Starts up a thing to lynch mnowax again (again, someone not dead and for that reason hard to pick his motives), but basically lurks out Zindy's reign as king and does not express an opinion on the execution of SV. At all.

-Day 6 so far: has made some nothing responses to TS' brief analysis of Fritzler.

Final summation:
Fritzler has contributed amazingly little. Most of those he has in any way attacked are still alive, and he has done so little to actually attack anyone that who knows if it's distancing or serious. CTD was his most long-term target, and was town, but he never gave a reason for the wagon. As such, it's almost easier to judge Fritzler by what other people have done about him.

Yesterday I was pro-Fritz to some extent because he was being put up as an alternative to SV. It occurs to me now that we might have had a pair of scum up there... knowing if that was true will say a lot about the motives of the people putting up Fritzler yesterday (or vice versa).

The biggest black mark against Fritz is he went completely missing around the times of both scum executions and wasn't even there to cheerlead the "kill now thx" stuff, as he has been for other executions.

As such, I now lean towards the "Fritz is scum" side. But given the likelihood of getting confirmation or otherwise "for free" from how other people behaved towards him yesterday, I'm not in favour of executing him first.

I will get to MoS tomorrow.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Thesp »

Mod: Request for Fritzler to be prodded. If he doen't show up in a timely manner, I'd like him replaced.

Seeing a summary of his play reminds me that I want to get some info out of him.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Thok »

The Official "You're only 15 pages behind Lights Out 2" vote count

Deadline: July 22, 3 pm PDT

King petroleumjelly (0):

LOE:Zindaras, ThAdmiral, RafK, Fritzler, Cavane, Yos2

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (4):
KaleiÐoscøpe (1): mnowax, Fritzler
Lowell (0): Yosarian2, mnowax, ThAdmiral
Mastermind of Sin (2):
mnowax (5): Fritzler, Yosarian2, VitaminR, MOS
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (2): mnowax, VitaminR, Fritzler
Thesp (0): Mastermind of Sin, ThAdmiral, KaleiÐoscøpe, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (0): Fritzler, mnowax
VitaminR (2):
Yosarian2 (3):
Zindaras (0): Yosarian2

Prodding Fritzler, ThAdmiral, VitaminR
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm still here. Just been bogged down with work recently.
I'm still yet to complete my task, and I'll get right on it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Agreed.
vote:Fritzer