farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 947, Cheetory6 wrote:Do you not think pisskop is equally guilty of what you're saying then?
You said this not too long ago:
farside wrote:My wolf reads are pisskop
Why is this no longer the case?

Pisskop is mostly wolf read because of acryon. His play is not what I remember as town.

I kind of skimmed the argument between you and pisskop. I don't believe you are wolf. I did have a scum read on you day 1, but it was more based on Johnny and his post.

Will explain more later.

Sigh
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:34 am

Post by farside22 »

So these were the post that bothered me coming from Johnny.

I didn't ever see a point to this question.

In post 269, Ginko wrote:Quick post of thoughts from one head not consulting the other -

In post 242, Lalendra wrote:he tunneled in on me, West and Metal

This is funny to me

Lyserg, you're noticing similarities with her scum game, which is fine and dandy, but have you checked to make sure she's not like that as town as well?

Slips are pretty meh.

@farside do you think confirmation bias is alignment indicative?

Willingness to rethink reads strikes me as townie from Metal.

waiting to discuss with other head before making a vote. The best vote in the game is farside's based on 166, but I can't agree with it because I can totally see Ari being more willing to put up with our shit than a stranger's. The testing the waters thing is a bit hard to believe though.

bbl~

This post was really not saying a lot and a bit dismissive of lyse and vsye for there scum read on your slot.

In post 296, Ginko wrote:Somebody explain confirmation bias for me, I don't think she's getting it.

Vyse's and Lyserg are both suspecting my other head for not being as good as they want him to be. Stuff like that makes mafia less fun :C

Vyse in particular seems weird to me because I don't know if he's just bad at voting or he's avoiding talking about someone else

Also Metal doesn't remember my play? I must have been slacking recently :C:C

- Johnny

In post 459, Ginko wrote:Not gonna post much because Royal Rumble hype, but here's what's in my head. Haven't talked to Keely yet but YOLO~

1. Anyone not thinking we should be werewolf hunting right now needs to stop that.

2. This kill makes me feel feelings. A) Orci was a relatively safe kill, and that means scum were either confident (likely) or thought he was the seer (less likely). People I think should feel confident if they're scum right now are farside, Acryon, Lyserg, and West. B) Orci is not from our dumb other site, which feels like a more likely kill from one of Lyserg, Metal, Aristophanes, West, or Young, as they'd be more uncomfortable killing someone that points to them. C) Orci seemed pretty townie from what I remember, which would mean whoever this werewolf is likely is hunting for town rather than the other scumteam. In my head I've got the idea that newer players would more likely want to see the other scumteam dead before town considering how much more likely the standard mafia team are to win if they survive for very long. This is the part I'm least confident on, but it points to farside, Lyserg, West, Acryon, and Young.

The only people common to all three of my dumb NKA things are Lyserg and West. Lyserg is more townie in my brain, so I'm gonna say West is the most likely person to make this kill.

3. I agree that Seer should look at Acryon, not really seeing Young. Acryon's switch from Ari to Lal right at the beginning of that wagon pretty much cleared him in my books unless the seer tells me otherwise.

4. Not gonna vote until Keely is around

- Johnny

I liked this post because I sort of agreed and felt that scum maybe trying to use lal's flip to there advantage, which pulled me off my scum read of you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:38 am

Post by farside22 »

I half wondered with pisskop' said den interest if he is wolf. His sudden attack is a bit odd considering his scum read of ari. I'm again torn with how acryon defended metal and pisskop not saying anything towards meta if that is scum/scum group there.

The wolf read mostly comes from acyron asking lal for a claim. It felt coaching to me
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Said den = sudden
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote: pisskop
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm here and reading up. Don't think I missed too much this time!

Albert B. Rampage, welcome!
Care to explain this vote against Pisskop?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 930, Aristophanes wrote:Also, inb4 "Ari was active when in the hot seat but disappeared as soon as he was out of it."
I had a nice bit there where I was less busy. It happened to fit into this time frame. That's all.
In post 934, farside22 wrote:I've thought about this for a bit.
I was bothered that ari wasn't around day 2 very much and now that there is pressure he is posting.
Either way I look at it I see metal as scum or wolf so I'm going to go this way.

Vote: metal
I mean, believe me if you like. If not, w/e.
Is Metal your biggest scum read right now?
Besides us two, who else pings your scumdar?

In post 948, prawneater wrote:Prodge. Still haven't settled on who the best kill is for today. I'm okay with metal I think, but I'm also considering a west9 scumworld.
Are these two reads still predicated on a PK town flip, as you mentioned in an earlier post?
In post 922, prawneater wrote:
Theory 2

If pisskop is not scum and we truly did no lynch by accident, I'd say
West9 or Metal are scum.

In which case there's a West9 or Metal (not both), ~Jordan`, some other dude triscumverate.

Any thoughts on this?

Pk, I'm sorry, but I still see Cheet as town.
His brazen, guns-a-blazin' tactics are usual for him, and when asked, he does tone it down as much as possible. It's just his style.
He is still entitled to get offended by things. I don't even get why that would be a tell.
I have also often seen him take a break from a game to calm down as he does get really into them.
None of this is alignment indicative.

Your other arguments seem like stretches to me and in some cases I don't even see where you're getting what you're trying to say out of a post.

Other than all this, nothing much has happened. I would like to see where this Farside/Cheet conversation goes.
Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

@Metal: Active-lurker is a closer definition. I feel like your game is way too on the reactionary side of things (where it is mostly question answering or doing things out of others prodding you to) and it's strengthening the feeling of you being on the sidelines.

You were just discussing suspicion on Cheet and didn't comment on CheetVPK or even just the case for wolfCheet, the fact that your reasons to suspect Cheet were somewhat reachy while simultaneously bypassing the possible Lal connections is just strange to me, and it makes it seem like you are trying to avoid making those connections or participating in that discussion (... I guess there's that deadline question to farside and Cheet but I mean, I echo Ari's questioning of that). Also, I meant "other than D1" when I said "most of the rest of the game". While I don't really have a problem with Ginko being relatively vote-happy (specially not during D1), I suppose I understand the being used to Cheet being more certain, but in some way that reads like one of those "You are not as good as I want you to be" arguments that would make Johnny sad =P (nor do I think of "not pushy" as a characteristic of scumCheet).

@Cheet: Didn't press again on this because I didn't want to overload you when Cheet VS PK was happening but: Thoughts on Acryon('s slot)/Metal interactions? (or not necessarily interactions as much as how they address (or don't) each other and the points being made on each other).

I do kinda like Prawn trying to come up with associations. There's some things I disagree with in there, but that's whatever.
@Prawn
: The "farside is town" is because of a hard townread you have? Tell me your thoughts about the wolfCheet case too, please.

Was gonna ask farside how she read PK's switch to Cheet but she already kinda responded to that...
@farside
:
Why I find metal scum is his looking for wolf only but ari did say something about the lal/metal interaction that leads me to think maybe wolf.

I think his focus on Metal lately was more on the mafiahunting side of things, what thing Ari said?

Actively trying to steal the focus is just what, I suppose I can relate it to stuff Ladd did more than anything I can remember from scumAri, but the more logical/stubborn part of me really doesn't want this to be a thing that influences my read on Ari >.<.
@farside: I'm not really coming to meaningful conclusions about that, but if you still care about scumAri games:
Spoiler:
(town)Ladd being all "come at me bro"-like about his own lynch sorta reminds me of what he's doing right now (boop, unless this was actually Brandon?) and I can see him not wanting to be a future distraction like that again.

Read some of two recent scum Ari games (Last day of a game with scum Ari; The point of another scumAri game where he's the last mafia and he starts getting serious votes... there were no-lynches and that went out for a while .-.). Nothing like this I think. Problem I have with this is that Ari didn't have partners left at those points or those were points where mafia had to be lynched (or he claimed PR <.<), so there'd be no point in him adopting an attitude where he shows himself willing to die for the greater good.

(just remembered that if you don't have an account, you can still go to the bottom of the thread and use the "sort by [author]" to get a pseudoISO view).

@Ari: I just realised you never got back to me about my Young/Acryon question, but I'm pretty sure I had a specific reason to ask that that I can't remember <.<. I can't really come up with good questions and that makes me sad >.<... How confident are you in your Cheet townread? Are your objections to the better parts of PK's case for wolfCheet based on the conviction that Cheet would be more willing to bus a scummate?
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by West9 »

In post 929, Cheetory6 wrote:I don't really understand how it's unusual for me to be focused on my scumreads, especially on D1. Do you disagree that I generally tend to focus in on one or two players on day one? By the time Lal came into the game, I was already somewhat focused on other players and felt disinterested in a lot of what she was saying and admittedly I skimmed for a while. Is that scummy? Can understand why someone would think so, but I've done it in a lot of other games before and I have less time for mafia than I usually do.

Okay, the thing that I can't wrap my head around the combination of your stated lack of interest in Lal's interactions and your clear interest in the Lal wagon.

i should comment on more things but it's late and im tired. Sorry for being such an inactive sack of shit this day.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lyse: I can't find the post I'm thinking of, I'll try again when I'm more awake.

Ari: pisskop is also a scum read.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 am

Post by pisskop »

Sure.

We should be lynching from a collectivized wolf list, to assist the seer.

Cheetory and ABR/Vyse. then Metal

We all have incentive to rid ourselves of
cheetor
the wolf scum, to eliminate the NKer.
Well, some of us do, scumteam is always wifoming it up.

This isnt a 2faction game, this isnt Fire/Ice: lets stop treating it as such and kill from a collected list. We can reevaluate our positions each day
@Ari: you can find my arguement whatever you feel. Point out where I am overreaching, then. With barily a town majority, we all need to be decided.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:45 am

Well, I think pisskop is scum and that we should start with him.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

farside wrote:which pulled me off my scum read of you.
Eh? I'm not really sure I understand why this pulled your scum read off of me? :s

ABR wrote:Well, I think pisskop is scum and that we should start with him.
Tell me why pls.

@pisskop
, tell me what you make of ABR and farside.

Lyserg wrote:@Cheet: Didn't press again on this because I didn't want to overload you when Cheet VS PK was happening but: Thoughts on Acryon('s slot)/Metal interactions? (or not necessarily interactions as much as how they address (or don't) each other and the points being made on each other).
Zzzzz. Why must you give me such big tasks?
[spoiler="Lyserg's Homework for Mafia Class]
acryon wrote:If I had to big a second scumspect, it would be metal, because 101 feels very off, although there's not much in general to analyze from him. I'm torn on you. I can't tell whether the nitpicking/detail questioning (not meaning this in a negative way) is trying to reconcile your own thoughts or place undeserved suspicion on players. I'm leaning toward the former, but I can't say for sure.
It's a little weird that he's pushing Metal as a scumspect while at the same time saying that he's leaning towards his play being legitimate.

has Metal shoot up to the middle of Acryon's list of suspicious people to a townier spot, which seems a little unwarranted on first glance. *He does kind of elaborate on this later though in . I want to say this feels somewhat organic?

A lot of the rest of Acryon's ISO involving Metal is saying that he seems like a townread and defending it. I more or less felt similarly about Metal in a bunch of spots that he mentions.

Metal's partnering of orci/acryon doesn't feel forced and I liked the reasoning he gave for it.
I think his resulting townread on acryon logically makes sense, but it feels a little mechanical. If both wolves were still alive I could see how they could be connected based on this and the nightkill.

And that's basically it. Overall I'm just left feeling like there's not much there. Was there a specific reason you asked me about them Lyserg?[/spoiler]
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 957, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:@Metal: Active-lurker is a closer definition. I feel like your game is way too on the reactionary side of things (where it is mostly question answering or doing things out of others prodding you to) and it's strengthening the feeling of you being on the sidelines.

I agree, that describes my play style since I started playing mafia to the T. I really need to change it up.

I know it's still basically a prodded response but I'll give my thoughts on Cheet vs Pisskop in a separate post.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

So I was hoping to have more of a post for this but there is nothing I'm seeing that convinces me that Pisskops theory on Cheet is correct. I'm not seeing how you think Cheet is wolf or was coaching Lal at all. The only thing I see is that Lal jumped on a few of his points and he wanted her to get an avatar.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 961, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Well, I think pisskop is scum and that we should start with him.

Care to provide any evidence? A quote, an interaction with someone, or is this just a gut feeling?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Just gut.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Fair enough.

Got anything on everyone else even if its just more gut reads.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 pm

I think that farside is town.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Is that gut too?

Have you head back in the game Al?
Metal, how is it "fair enough" that his vote is gut?
Why not question that?

There's been plenty going on recently with PK, as well as a wealth of posts from previous in the game.
Please expand on both if these reads.

What are your reads on Metal and I?
What about Cheet?

I'll be on tomorrow to answer other stuff, sorry for not right now.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

It was fair game until the 2nd 1 sentence answer. I didn't question it because I do a lot of gut reads myself and he just got here so I was going to give it a pass. The 2nd answer made me hit my head against my desk.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

ABR please expand on both things.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by pisskop »

So. About that collected wolf list . . .

1) Cheet
2) ABR

Let's lynch from a list of likely wolves, so that we can systematically lynch associated couples for the mafia team.

In post 962, Cheetory6 wrote:
@pisskop
, tell me what you make of ABR and farside.

ABR is a likely wolf, and would be my second choice to lynching you.
Metal is my third choice.
[/quote]
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:02 pm

I don't...use too many words at first. I like to take my time to get into a game and I'll either place a naked vote or sheep someone until I am comfortable. I've skimmed this game and I have arrived at the conclusion that pisskop is scummy and farside looks town. I'll have more developed reads in about 10 pages and until then I'm remaining active, using my vote, and helping town win the game doing what I can. Unfortunately, I won't do a very good job of making myself easy to read at first; it's just my playstyle. I'm not one to talk too much right away anymore; used to do it, got emotionally invested too early, didn't pay off, now I have a more satisfying playstyle for me personally and I enjoy games more without taking things personal.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Metal is scum abr.

Return to “Completed Open Games”