Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Does anyone else have little sticky notes for each person In-game in which they write down notes about them?

I usually do it with smaller games, but I'm trying it for the first time on a game of people this size.
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:33 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 825, Aeronaut wrote:Does anyone else have little sticky notes for each person In-game in which they write down notes about them?

I usually do it with smaller games, but I'm trying it for the first time on a game of people this size.

I usually put a note to myself in my ISO and check it later like I just did or write it down somewhere but only important things that stick out.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 823, Shinobi wrote:@TSO: The questions you asked in regards to his role pm looked completely meaningless. Sure, I
guess
you could potentially catch someone messing up their role pm but it all seems so convenient after he softclaimed.

To elaborate on this: how is it that you have absolutely no questions for him before you vote him but you only pressure him after he claims?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Aeronaut »

(It's to see if the claim is legitimate)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 828, Aeronaut wrote:(It's to see if the claim is legitimate)

That part I understand.

It's just the fact that TSO only jumped on after he softed that bothers me.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Shinobi »

It was literally impossible to miss.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:42 am

Post by T S O »

In post 823, Shinobi wrote:Acryon, calling people scum because of gut isn't doing you any favors. Come up with real analysis that isn't based on hopes and dreams.

@TSO: The questions you asked in regards to his role pm looked completely meaningless. Sure, I
guess
you could potentially catch someone messing up their role pm but it all seems so convenient after he softclaimed.

Yes, but I'm asking you to show me which specific question didn't have a purpose to it.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:42 am

Post by T S O »

I don't know what you're comparing what I did to - everyone else moaned to various degrees and proceeded to not really do much else about the claim.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Shinobi »

Ignore the issue of the questions right now because that's not even the crux of the point I'm bringing up.

Why did you only vote him after he softed? You didn't pressure him at all until he said he might have to claim and then you jumped on.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:53 am

Post by House »

In post 795, dragonspawn wrote:It seems likely that is what it is. The most suspicious one of them is FA though. He has actively been suspicious of me and yet votes for Viking. By it makes sense that he might do that just from knowing my meta.

wolf is loyal to her friends until she has a reason to suspect you. Not surprised with her defense. Nor does it seem scummy. It seems consistent with her town behavior

klingon is hard to read I admit. But she tends to be like wolf.

house I just dont see as scum this game.

Why?

I mean, you gave some kind of reason or thought behind everybody in this post but me. Why peter out at the end there?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 am

Post by House »

In post 798, dragonspawn wrote:
as for house, his posts have a town vibe.

Why are you refusing to give any sort of reason for your read on me?

If you think I'm town enough to townread me, there should be more behind it than "vibe".

From the sounds of your posts, I should be a null/town at best to you.

FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:15 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

I'm suspicious of viking's alleged lack of creativity to come up with at least something vague or encrypted enough to be a safe crumb, but other than that it looks legit until someone CCs.

In post 783, House wrote:
In post 782, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 779, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 761, elusive wrote:I guess the other thing for town to do is to narrow down 3-5 people for vikingfan to check and he choose from those? 3-5 so that scum don't know for sure.

The cop makes his/her own choice on who to investigate, however requests are often made by other players. For example: Viking, could you please investigate SilverWolf so we can check your sanity?

He's sane. It's a normal game.

Roles which are explicitly Normal include:
Vanilla Townie,
Sane Cop
, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Encryptor, Mafia Strongman, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia-aligned or SK-aligned versions of above roles

Roles which are explicitly Non-Normal include:
Non-Sane Cop
, Blank Vig, Non-Sane or Quack Doctor, Janitor, Survivor, Lyncher, Cultist, Jester, Mafia Mason, Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, Redirector, Framer.

Normal games
can include
1-2 non-normal roles.

I don't think they can include explicitly non-normal ones; only new/variants.

@Grib Son, you better start scumhunting or something because I'm going to lynch your ass off if you don't
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:19 am

Post by T S O »

In post 727, T S O wrote:
vote: vikingfan

nope, I'm done.

In post 728, T S O wrote:That jump onto Boonskiies was really, really bad.

was my reasoning for voting him. His talk of claiming had nothing to do with it at all.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:20 am

Post by T S O »

Why didn't you comment once about the viking wagon despite doing so for dragonspawn repeatedly?
-Marquis
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:27 am

Post by House »

In post 816, elusive wrote:My reasons for voting House (some of which were already stated in my posts btw)
1. He's whiplashed with the "this is townie" then "this is scum" way too much - it makes it seem like he could jump out and go either way with those kinds of back and forth
2. Seems super aggressive but when I look back I can't figure out how his aggressiveness is moving the game forward and also was trying to steamroll the viking lynch
3. Skimming the other game (the one you linked to) he was scum and it seems like he's doing the same things here

So tryhard.

You better hope people take your word for it and don't actually read the other game for themselves, or that little lie could easily blow up in your face.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 838, T S O wrote:Why didn't you comment once about the viking wagon despite doing so for dragonspawn repeatedly?

I commented on both wagons despite not caring about either of them. This is easily resolved by reading my ISO, and even then it's not an important discussion point.

What was scummy about viking's boonskiies switch and why was that strong enough to warrant a vote?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:30 am

Post by House »

In post 836, FakedBlogger wrote:I'm suspicious of viking's alleged lack of creativity to come up with at least something vague or encrypted enough to be a safe crumb, but other than that it looks legit until someone CCs.

In post 783, House wrote:
In post 782, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 779, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 761, elusive wrote:I guess the other thing for town to do is to narrow down 3-5 people for vikingfan to check and he choose from those? 3-5 so that scum don't know for sure.

The cop makes his/her own choice on who to investigate, however requests are often made by other players. For example: Viking, could you please investigate SilverWolf so we can check your sanity?

He's sane. It's a normal game.

Roles which are explicitly Normal include:
Vanilla Townie,
Sane Cop
, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Encryptor, Mafia Strongman, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia-aligned or SK-aligned versions of above roles

Roles which are explicitly Non-Normal include:
Non-Sane Cop
, Blank Vig, Non-Sane or Quack Doctor, Janitor, Survivor, Lyncher, Cultist, Jester, Mafia Mason, Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, Redirector, Framer.

Normal games
can include
1-2 non-normal roles.

I don't think they can include explicitly non-normal ones; only new/variants.

I think you're right. I am pretty sure Wake told me something about 1-2 non-normal roles being permitted, but it was a while back and he may have used different verbiage and I misunderstood.

(Wake, when you read this, I think we were discussing builds via PM on USMB).

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:36 am

Post by T S O »

In post 840, Shinobi wrote:
In post 838, T S O wrote:Why didn't you comment once about the viking wagon despite doing so for dragonspawn repeatedly?

I commented on both wagons despite not caring about either of them. This is easily resolved by reading my ISO, and even then it's not an important discussion point.

Can you show me where you did this? Because, get this, I actually skimmed your ISO before asking that question.

And why wouldn't it be an "important discussion point" ...?

In post 840, Shinobi wrote:What was scummy about viking's boonskiies switch and why was that strong enough to warrant a vote?

In post 693, vikingfan wrote:
In post 686, Boonskiies wrote:Prodgey.

This post is VERY scummy. So, you've been prodded, acknowledge receiving the prod, but have absolutely nothing to report on 28 pages in this game. I'd be voting you except...

In post 689, Shinobi wrote:Will probably start posting again when acryon is around.

is the scummiest thing I've seen this game. There are NINETEEN other players in this game and you need a player to post before you start posting? This almost looks like scumlinking but I can't believe scum would be this dumb. Still UNVOTE: VOTE: Shinobi. I can't think of one aligment-based reason this is a valid post.

In post 694, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: Boonskiies

Can we get rid of this?

In post 697, vikingfan wrote:
In post 695, Shinobi wrote:
In post 691, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 689, Shinobi wrote:Will probably start posting again when acryon is around.

Why is your posting dependent on Acryon?

'Cause he's my main scumread and I don't particularly care very much about the two primary wagons atm.

OK, I hadn't read you in iso, but that makes sense now. UNVOTE: . VOTE: Boon for the reason outlined in my last post.

Terrible sequence explains itself.
-Marquis
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Shinobi »

Why is it an issue that VF voted boonskiies and not ABR?

Why is him voting boonskiies bad but him voting me a nonissue even though the reasons were similar?

It reads like an excuse to force VF to claim rather than anything else.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 825, Aeronaut wrote:Does anyone else have little sticky notes for each person In-game in which they write down notes about them?

Is this a comment to become more revelant to "scum hunting"? Or as a reminder that players can write notes?
Honestly, I feel this post is oddly timed and that it's not really a needed post.

In post 783, House wrote:Normal games can include 1-2 non-normal roles.

In post 785, House wrote:Still though, the rules state that 1-2 non-normal roles can be included in a normal game, so an insane cop remains a possibility.

In post 841, House wrote:I am pretty sure Wake told me something about 1-2 non-normal roles being permitted, but it was a while back and he may have used different verbiage and I misunderstood.

By saying that Insane Cop is a possibility, it means that other non-normal roles are a possibility. Do you believe any of the other non-normal roles are in the game, if that's possible?
Food for thought, and just a question of curiousity.

I'm just going to voice my opinion loudly. Albert B. Rampage is kinda scummy. Read the ISO, all posts are about voting, getting others to vote, fillers / fluff, base questions.
In short, I'm seeing no contribution, just sheeping and sheepherding. Opinions, guys?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:51 am

Post by elusive »

House, it's right here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=58830

Stated by TSO regarding you, "Him keeping his options open should have been a scumtell but there were a lot of weird dynamics in this LyLo which made it kinda acceptable to do."

Also, what are your reads other then dragonspawn? Do you have any? What are your thoughts on all of the active players so far? Concrete thoughts such as lean town, lean scum or null. Not the wishy washy stuff.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Grib »

In post 836, FakedBlogger wrote:@Grib Son, you better start scumhunting or something because I'm going to lynch your ass off if you don't

Believe me, I think I'd have an easier time playing this game if I were scum. I have a hard enough time scumhunting when there are only 8 other players.

Tell me to do something. I'm a follower at heart, and I crave a sense of direction amid the chaos.

fake edit: none of that is particularly atypical for town!ABR.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Shinobi »

@Kitz: I don't see any discrepancies with ABR's play.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:00 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 846, Grib wrote:
Tell me to do something. I'm a follower at heart, and I crave a sense of direction amid the chaos.

Do you have any solid reads on anyone yet?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 am

Post by elusive »

In post 847, Shinobi wrote:@Kitz: I don't see any discrepancies with ABR's play.

Can you describe his town meta vs. his scum meta?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”