SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Aeronaut/blonde
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Magua »

Flavor/god naming/setup spec is, at best, pointless, and at worst, a cover. ooba, Xombie, and Imperium are the biggest offenders and I don't like either of them doing it. Easily half of ooba's posts are either about brambles or about which Chinese god Metal Sonic is.

In post 3860, TheWayItEnds wrote:Because yesterday my slot took your slots vote and Imperium was speculating on who the vote thief was?

Yes, the "why" was "Why take House's vote" at all.

Or to be more specific: Was it you, or a predecessor of yours? If you, why? If a predecessor, which one?

PEdit: Later posts say that this was Blonde. Want to confirm that's true.

In post 3791, Imperium wrote:What, exactly, did you like about [Solar Wind's push on us]???

I liked that they did it. I had suspicions of you, and I liked that Solar Wind was pushing those same suspicions because I like when other people come to the same conclusions that I do.

(Obviously, I like their backing off less, but c'est la vie.)

PEdit: Coming to , I backtrack to this. No, I didn't realize the push was personal. No, I don't condone or support personal attacks. Yes, I didn't like the outright "I'm going to pressure you" nature of the push, which I even called out in my post.

All that said, I still read Solar Wind as town before their attack on you, and I did like the fact that they, a strong townread of mine, were pushing you, a strong scumread of mine. None of those reads had anything to do with the personal attack. So.

The Mask wrote:@SW, call it selfish but Magus has some loose reads which are vastly different from mine. He should have concrete reads on a few players, BT me in particular. He doesn't seem to be sure what to make it me, and I'm mostly plays this way because of restriction. Either way I would expect a read of me to be on HIS list. I've played with him plenty before.

Well, let's see, shall we? Between my replace in and that catch up post was
50 pages
no I went back and checked and it was 60 pages, 1504 posts.

Of those, you had 10. Posts, that is. Not pages. And the posts weren't particularly noteworthy themselves. (I went back and checked).

So, no. The only impression you'd made on me was that you had a stilted posting style. Other than that, you've made no impression and have been in the null slot.

You obviously know who I am. You want to hide behind an alt or some sort of posting style, that's fine. But to hide in a context where I don't know you and can't meta you, to be responsible for one half of one percent of the posts that I read, and then call me scum because I have no opinion on you is one hundred percent sheery bullshittery.

Solar Wind wrote:I'm not seeing what you, Mastin, Ooba, and Metal are seeing. Tammy's posts have felt to me like her normal posts as town. How are they forced?

I've revisited this since and rereading earlier pages. My earlier read was that it went from completely unemotional to highly charged emotion out-of-proportion to what was being said (eg "How can anyone think that I'm scum that's such bullshit"), but now it makes more sense in light of the interaction between you two and Imperium that was apparently going on in your neighborhood.

Imperium still feels scummy to me, but less so than before.

UNVOTE: Imperium

VOTE: TSO
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 4226, Magua wrote:PEdit: Coming to 3957, I backtrack to this. No, I didn't realize the push was personal. No, I don't condone or support personal attacks. Yes, I didn't like the outright "I'm going to pressure you" nature of the push, which I even called out in my post.

All that said, I still read Solar Wind as town before their attack on you, and I did like the fact that they, a strong townread of mine, were pushing you, a strong scumread of mine. None of those reads had anything to do with the personal attack. So.

The push was NOT personal. I thought I made this clear.

Your initial impression is closer to the truth than your current revision although neither are correct.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

Back on track.

Solar: top 3 scum reads please.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

And it is fantastic that you don't condone personal attacks. It is also very irrelevant to the game as that's not what's happening.

I don't agree with your reasons for backing off of Imperium either but I think they are town and I think you are probably town so I don't care to continue about this.

@ Farside, I'd give scumreads if I have any. I'm in the process of ISOing all the players and re-orient myself with the game considering I was thrown off track completely.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Magua »

@Solar:
You say it wasn't, they say it was.

I don't give a rat's ass.

I still think you're town, I still think they're scum, but Tammy's view explains her reactions rationally enough to satisfy me.

Beyond that it doesn't matter.

PEdit: My reason for backing off Imperium is that I don't have the energy to push that through on my own, you're not on board, mastin's meh, so it's just not going to happen. I could sit there with my thumb up my ass being the only vote on the wagon but it's not going to happen so why bother.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

You shouldn't believe everything you hear.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Imperium »

Magua - Figuring out the brambles was important. Nacho and I thought it was an aspect of TD targeting us, in which case he would be confirmed scum lying that he targeted Mastin. It wasn't, so he was telling the truth.

For the proof on it being -Blonde- this is what we figured out today. In the first votecount (8), your slot is shown as having a vote, and -Blonde-'s vote only counts as one. In the next votecount (9), your slot isn't voting anyone but -Blonde-'s vote now counts for two. So somewhere here the vote had to be taken by Blonde.

In post 995, dramonic wrote:
Votecount 9: Somewhere over the rainbow or something.

BRantz (3): Ooba, vezokpiraka, PeregrineV
vezokpiraka (3): BRantz
Solar Wind (2): Mantisdreamz, -Blonde-
TiphaineDeath (1): FourTrouble
PeregrineV (1): Farside22
The Mask (1): Ankamius
House (1): AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon (1): Imperium
Bitmap (1): RachMarie
Mastin2 (1): TiphaineDeath
-Blonde- (1): Mastin2

Not voting: theaceofspades, iHouse, xombie, beastcharizard, ZZZX, Solar Wind, The Mask, TSO, VysePresident

Bitmap and Metal Sonic have been removed from the game. You may not choose them as targets for actions or vote them, and their votes do not count when calculating the threshold.
Lynch threshold is now 12.

In post 1029, dramonic wrote:
Votecount 9: Somewhere over the rainbow or something.

BRantz (3): Ooba, vezokpiraka, PeregrineV
vezokpiraka (3): BRantz
Solar Wind (3): Mantisdreamz, -Blonde-
Mantisdreamz (1): FourTrouble
PeregrineV (1): Farside22
The Mask (1): Ankamius
House (1): AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon (1): Imperium
Bitmap (1): RachMarie
Mastin2 (1): TiphaineDeath
-Blonde- (1): Mastin2
Imperium (1): TSO

Not voting: theaceofspades, iHouse, xombie, beastcharizard, ZZZX, Solar Wind, The Mask, VysePresident
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Imperium »

I like Magua's attack on Mask, is a good point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

If people ignore me I'll just make my own choices.

I'll give it 24 hours.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Imperium »

Farside - I don't have three scum reads to give you. I'm really just getting my head back in the game and feeling like I can read the game and get reads. We have some strong town reads, but are lacking in scum reads.

One of the things we're trying to figure out are the people with vote related roles. At the expense of sounding setup specy, I'm just not sure that all vote-related people can be town.

We have a strong town read on TWIE. The thing I brought up earlier about Blonde saying he could prove himself as town may have been negated by TWIE, as he apparently doesn't, but that doesn't really change his approach to it because he could have thought he had something that strong. He's new here and has experience off site, so he could be coming from there.

We've discussed ace and think that some of his early posts looks somewhat scummy, but the usage of his role looks pretty town and this post sounds like it's coming from a town mindset, would be kinda brazen to come from scum.

We still don't like beast/he's not doing anything, but without knowing how he gains votes it's kinda hard to determine if it's even something that would be given to scum.

So, I'm just not sure. I'm hoping I can get centered somewhat soon.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

Where did ace use his role?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 3326, Imperium wrote:
Okay, so I have a theory on the aceofspades. Yesterday at lynch time he said that he could double vote when it looked like we might get a no vote. When I asked him if it would show up in the vote count, he didn't know. And then he said that he did activate his double vote, and if you look at the vote count he does not show up as a double voter.

So, I have two things. I think that if he were scum that his buddies would have clarified how his role worked because it's a rather powerful role for scum. And having a secret voter/double voter is great for causing confusion in the town. He said he had it ahead of time and could use it. I think if he were scum he would have just quietly sent in that double vote instead of outing it.

I mean he could have been faking not knowing how it worked but it didn't feel that way.

Am I overlooking something or insane?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4188, Skybird wrote:I went back to check on whether Ace was a double voter and here's what I found. Didn't someone else say in the end of the day flurry that they could lower the vote threshold? I need to look that up next.

In post 2591, theaceofspades wrote:
In post 2585, Imperium wrote:I town claim all the time as town!

I get that you have other interests, but I've been arguing against your lynch and I feel squicky when that person doesn't show a presence.

Will your double vote count in the vote counts?

no idea. haven't tried it

the language specifically was "your vote will count as two"

In post 2608, theaceofspades wrote:clarity! i target a person. then my vote counts at 2 against them. so i have to activate it.

In post 2842, theaceofspades wrote:L-1 i activated
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2854, dramonic wrote:
Votecount 26: FINISH!

AngryPidgeon (11): theaceofspades, Magua, ooba, Vezokpiraka, Rachmarie, Ankamius, TSO, Skybird, Heartless, Imperium, The Mask
beastcharizard (5): The Mask, Solar Wind, FourTrouble, Xombie, Cephrir
Theaceofspades (2): AngryPidgeon, ZZZX
RachMarie (2): PeregrineV, Farside22
FourTrouble (2): Aeronaut
Cephrir (1): TiphaineDeath
Imperium (1): Mastin2
Skybird (0): beastcharizard

HAMMER!

Deadline is (expired on 2015-02-06 22:30:00)

Oh dear!

There is 11 players, am I missing something that the ability worked?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Imperium »

Magua's vote was stolen.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Look at the previous vote count.

In post 2813, dramonic wrote:
Votecount 25: SO MUCH ACTION!

AngryPidgeon (9): theaceofspades, Magua, ooba, Vezokpiraka, Rachmarie, Ankamius, TSO, Skybird, Heartless
beastcharizard (5): The Mask, Solar Wind, FourTrouble, Xombie, Cephrir
Theaceofspades (2): AngryPidgeon, ZZZX
RachMarie (2): PeregrineV, Farside22
Imperium (2): Mastin2, Imperium
FourTrouble (2): Aeronaut
Cephrir (1): TiphaineDeath
Skybird (0): beastcharizard

Not voting:

Reminder that it's 12 to lynch and not 13.

Deadline is (expired on 2015-02-06 22:30:00)

Oh dear!

12 players required to lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Nvm I see it took 12 to lynch.
Carry on.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Imperium »

There is however something bugging me about cephrir that I can't exactly pinpoint nor shake.

And no, I don't believe he was saved from a nightkill.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Such is my fate, I'm afraid.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

To be eternally doubted, that is.

*gazes into the sunset*
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 4137, ooba wrote:Some wagon thoughts:

TheAceofspades (3): Xombie, Ooba, vezokpiraka
Skybird (3): Mastin2, Cephrir, Heartless
RachMarie (2): Bitmap, Farside22

- I like the ace wagon because all the people on it right now are town
- Cephrir's position on the Skybird wagon and Bitmap's presence on the Rach wagon does not inspire confidence

Looking at Pere, he votes ace for being the biggest wagon. But when he hops off, it is still the biggest wagon.

In post 1591, PeregrineV wrote:Tired so going to bed now, but biggest wagon + less posts than me=

Vote: AceofSpades

In post 2069, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: RachMarie

Counterwagon ho!!

Also, ace's gameplay is akin to survialist scum who just wants to survive. He lurked out his wagon and mysteriously appeared near deadline.

In post 2734, ooba wrote:
In post 2730, theaceofspades wrote:idk what to do

I thought you had it down pat. Lurk when there's a wagon on you and suddenly appear when it died down.

Also, I think town might have responded to this post instead of letting it go in a lot of cases - 'You're wrong', 'Fuck you'. Same behaviour shows up when voted early D2 - 'great cases' response appears to come from a scum mindset than a town one.

ace is scum and should be lynched today.

Associative tells:
- mastin who creates an entire post about wagons - mentions how theace wagon could be scum on scum, and keeps mentioning ace multiple times - but actually votes Skybird.
- Also, ace's entire mastin case and push reads like a newbie bus.

Anyway, not sure of the pairing that much - but ace needs to be the one to go.

prod received and i still have 10 pages but. the part about reactions....that makes 0 sense. In once case i respond to nonsense and in another i don't. Both are clearly scumtells. dafuq? i'm going back to ignoring you. Was much more pleasant.

MS? Why?
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Imperium »

This game still feels like multiball, but pere flipped mafia aligned, and not a particular faction, so maybe another racist?

So, that's out, but I must be townreading or trying to townread scum, which would explain this not making sense.

I'll need to reread Peres ISO tomorrow when I'm more awake.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

I've been prodded (I appreciate that btw). I'm gonna postpone catching up for a bit and start rereading the game from the beginning tomorrow. I want to reevaluate everything.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Imperium »

Did some thinking about Tammy's ace point: I do agree that yesterday doesn't happen from scum-ace unless he doesn't claim to his scumbuddies (which, considering scum probably have daytalk because of neighborhood daytalk, seems unlikely). I believe it is far more advantageous to keep a secret doublevote safe for quickhammering and I don't think any scum claims it publicly to look town unless there are some major restrictions on it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”