Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Kitz »

In post 497, vikingfan wrote:though I think it possible that there are two town players scum are trying to go after.

Could you elaborate on this?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 490, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 453, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 451, Aeronaut wrote:Could you like a game where that happened?

I think she's talking about offsite, we tend to lynch him early.

So is this common behavior for him, then?

I've never played with this guy before, but there's a few reasons I think he's worse than VikingFan right now. For one, look at this post:

In post 393, dragonspawn wrote:
dragonspawn wrote:
In post 363, House wrote:I suppose that's possible, I found more meaning in the content of his post than the subject of it.

you are being way too friendly this game house.

fos
Looks like the Viking wagon id picking up. As he is one of my gut scum reads at the moment in going to jump on and see if more pressure will shake something free from him.

VOTE: viking

This is NOT a good jump. He joins the growing wagon because 1. "It's picking up", and 2. It just so happens to be one his gut-scumreads all of a sudden. That pings for me.

The thing that's more bothersome to me is him defending himself once his wagon forms; it simply sounds like someone trying
very hard
to be calm and collected, to keep making jokes under pressure, etc. It doesn't seem like a natural progression to me, just that he's inserting things all over to make him look less nervious. It's fabricated.

And, to be honest, I'm not exactly townreading Viking. However, I feel like some of the reasons being used on his wagon could be applied to a lot of players in the game. I'd be willing to look at him Day 2, though, and you can hold me to that if you like. I won't be voting him today, though.

I also have this slight paranoia about the first real wagon formed in a game this large; I feel like it's almost always scum motivated. That's more my own paranoia, though.

Dragon's playstyle is very typical for him, at least the way he plays offsite.

It doesn't point to him being either scum or town. His town and scum games are very similar, he usually reads as leaning scum, even as a town PR.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Then is he just this unreadable enigma
2023 W/L | 1-0
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 503, Aeronaut wrote:Then is he just this unreadable enigma

that's the beauty of being me.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by elusive »

Hmm, or he should be tunneled relentlessly because enigma's are meant to be unwrapped.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I like that one
2023 W/L | 1-0
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

Sorry for my absince - been very busy lately and involved in a few games so time has been limited. This thread just constantly explodes as well. Just got somewhat caught up.

In post 448, SilverWolf wrote:It seems like every time vikingfan gets a vote, someone else comes along and throws down a vote for dragonspawn.

This does seem to be the case and makes viking a likely scum candidate for many of the reasons listed so far. The case against dragon is a LOT weaker than vikings and the fact that so many seem to have jumped on it just screams that as being a scum created counter to save one of their own. I happen to agree with silver in 467 on this one, a viking lynch would deliver us the most information at this point.

VOTE: viking

In post 498, vikingfan wrote:Silver I have zero idea what RVS means. care to explain?

How can you have been here a decade and nhot seen that acronym before? Is it uncommon here?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/us ... -zone.139/
The games are listed as "Official USMB Mafia Game X" and he was in almost all of them as Avatar.

I am not sure it would really help. What happened is that dragon rolled scum in his first game and then won. As the player base consists of the same players virtually every game, that tainted him for the remaining 7 and he was lynched early virtually every time.

I would add that he has gotten a LOT more defensive at USMB because of this - I think that he is tired of being led to the gallows early. I still have a hard time reading him though but I have never played in a game with him where he was scum.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 454, acryon wrote:
In post 423, Shinobi wrote:The only other person I would consider switching to would be acryon, for his #401. It felt like mafia trying to egg on bad analysis, especially since he didn't really seem to follow it up with anything.

So you don't think there was anything wrong with that line in Dragon's post?

That being said, my vote is still on vikingfan, because his posts have looked much worse than dragon's. I've got an FoS on dragon though.

In post 452, SilverWolf wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out why he's scummier than vikingfan.......................

Yeah, he isn't.

So looking at the votes:
Boon was the first to vote dragon
Pisskop sheeps Boon’s reason
Grib adds to vikingfan
Aero adds to dragon for the same reason as Boon and pisskop
Vikingfan jumps on dragon
Klingon places his vote for vikingfan (although the intent was clearly there already)
House jumps on, stating he is sheeping
Kitz jumps on vikingfan for disliking the way he addressed the dragon wagon (which has a nice ring to it
Nakedjogger jumps on dragon for being defensive

Giving us the following VC for those two (pretty sure):
vikingfan
: acryon, SilverWolf, dragonspawn, Grib, Klingon, House, Kitz [L-4]
Dragonspawn
: Boonskiies, Pisskop, Aeronaut, vikingfan, Nakedjogger [L-6]

The dragonspawn wagon certainly smells like a counterwagon to a scum wagon. If it is, I suspect Aeronaut the most on the counterwagon (and of course vikingfan). Came in third on the wagon only after it clearly had a little traction and just sheeped Boon's reasoning (which isn't bad in and of itself, but it's hard to tell if Aero had his own reasons).

Sorry, I can't hear you over all those mafia sounds acryon. :(
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Shinobi »

>Agrees with boon on dragonspawn.
>Scumread on dragonspawn disappears based on nothing.
>Summarizes useless information for no reason.

I am happy with my vote.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 509, Shinobi wrote:>Agrees with boon on dragonspawn.

I am happy with my vote.

Can you elaborate on this?
2023 W/L | 1-0
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 403, Grib wrote:VOTE: vikingfan

You have a lot of naked votes. What was this one for?

In post 416, vikingfan wrote:especially the buddying with SilverWolf extremely interesting and have noted it for future reference in future days

What do you mean? In this same quote you mentioned listing scumreads, but don't go into detail about Silverwolf or TSO. Are you scumreading TSO?

In post 424, Shinobi wrote:VOTE: acryon

I think I'm just going to switch. I haven't forgotten about TSO but his filter is better than acryon's.

In post 509, Shinobi wrote:>Agrees with boon on dragonspawn.

I am happy with my vote.

Oh. I was going to ask what made you vote Acryon. I can see that.

In post 430, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm one of the notorious USMB Liberals. I never miss an election. I simply brain farted and forgot to vote for Viking.

Your liberal tendencies aside :b, what is your opinion of House?

In post 467, SilverWolf wrote:I completely agree with this analysis. vikingfan's lynch would be most informative because if he flips scum, we can look at the votes on dragon's wagon like Aero and pisskop more closely. If he flips town, dragon would be a good D2 vote.

I don't understand. Viking is the lynchbait. What would lynching the one who is more likely town tell us? House said the same thing, in 464.

Dragonspawn

In post 449, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 441, dragonspawn wrote:

I'm starting to think you are prob town but I'm not totally sure.

Why? I've been trying to read House all game and I can't still.

How is this answer coming?

In post 466, dragonspawn wrote:
And yet I haven't made a determination in either direction whether boon is scum or town so how can it be a scum tell in context?

What do you think of Boon? What about me, or everyone else on your wagon?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 511, pisskop wrote:
In post 467, SilverWolf wrote:I completely agree with this analysis. vikingfan's lynch would be most informative because if he flips scum, we can look at the votes on dragon's wagon like Aero and pisskop more closely. If he flips town, dragon would be a good D2 vote.

I don't understand. Viking is the lynchbait. What would lynching the one who is more likely town tell us? House said the same thing, in 464.

That assumes that viking is more likely town then Dragon. I don't think that is the case and I don't see anything from silver that would indicate that she thinks so either unless I missed something.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I never said vikingfan was lynchbait or more likely to be town. I've been arguing vikingfan is scum for several posts now. Plus, he's an informative lynch due to the counterwagon on dragon.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 498, vikingfan wrote:Silver I have zero idea what RVS means. care to explain?

How can you have several games under your belt and not know what RVS means?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by House »

In post 503, Aeronaut wrote:Then is he just this unreadable enigma

To those of us from that other site that haven't learned as much about the game from playing here for awhite, yes.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Yea, see, I'm not really inclined to buy the whole "It's OK, he always looks scummy" argument. You could just let anything fall under that umbrella.
2023 W/L | 1-0
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by House »

I did not call viking lynchbait. He's clearly scum.

I merely pointed out how NJ's theory of viking being lynchbait still supported a d1 lynch.

By leaving him in the game, we'll constantly be back and forth over lynching him because he's scum as fuck.

I don't think he's lynchbait. I just think he's bad at scum.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by House »

In post 516, Aeronaut wrote:Yea, see, I'm not really inclined to buy the whole "It's OK, he always looks scummy" argument. You could just let anything fall under that umbrella.

Dude, you clearly don't know my playstyle.

Scummy town is definitely a thing. The trick is knowing scummy town from scummy scum.

There's a difference in the two approaches, and it all lies in motivation.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Who mentioned your playstyle?
2023 W/L | 1-0
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by House »

In post 519, Aeronaut wrote:Who mentioned your playstyle?

I did, because it's a great example for anyone that is familiar with it (as there so happens to be several people here that are).

Scummy town is a thing. I'm scummy town, so I know. Pointing that out was an illustration of my point about dragonspawn.

Just because somebody can easily be painted as scummy doesn't make them scum.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 507, FA_Q2 wrote:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/us ... -zone.139/
The games are listed as "Official USMB Mafia Game X" and he was in almost all of them as Avatar.

I am not sure it would really help. What happened is that dragon rolled scum in his first game and then won. As the player base consists of the same players virtually every game, that tainted him for the remaining 7 and he was lynched early virtually every time.

I would add that he has gotten a LOT more defensive at USMB because of this - I think that he is tired of being led to the gallows early. I still have a hard time reading him though but I have never played in a game with him where he was scum.

He was Scum in the Fire and Ice game, Fire Godfather.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Yea. I think Viking is someone who can be easily painted as scummy, and Dragon is someone whose receiving quite a bit of resistance. Another reason why I don't see myself moving away, right now.
2023 W/L | 1-0
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 513, SilverWolf wrote:

I never said vikingfan was lynchbait or more likely to be town. I've been arguing vikingfan is scum for several posts now. Plus, he's an informative lynch due to the counterwagon on dragon.

FA_Q2 has a point
I am taking the stance that Viking is the bait, and House and you thought Dragon was 'just being Dragon'.

If you believed he didnt know what RVS was what makes you think he even gets what a scumslip is? I'll grant that his post where he voted Dragon was bad, but Im not convinced wasnt overconfidence
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 430, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm one of the notorious USMB Liberals. I never miss an election. I simply brain farted and forgot to vote for Viking.

Your liberal tendencies aside :b, what is your opinion of House?

I don't know yet. I'm waiting for a ragepost.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”