Reticent
Townie
Reticent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Reticent »

"

Hate leaving those quotation marks open like that.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1149, Reticent wrote:I think this game needs a collective group hug.

Oh, also:

VOTE: KatieB

Pacman still looks town to me. A lot of the criticism lodged against him reads as, "I've already decided you're scum so now everything you do is scummy.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1151, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1149, Reticent wrote:I think this game needs a collective group hug.

I agree so much.

Ok, intent to hammer Katie, I guess. I'd rather see Pac go today but I'd be fine lynching him tomorrow.

Claim, Katie.
2023 W/L | 1-0
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Katie I hope your real life situation improves, regardless of alignment. That said, I don't feel any particular urge to unvote after the AtE.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:32 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

There should be a new scumtell: AtRL
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I actually think Katie is being sincere about her real life situation. That's a rough schedule, katie, I hope that improves for you :(. You're still scum, though :P
2023 W/L | 1-0
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

i am caught up. (insert how much i fucking hate my job right now comment here). Because of my computer/setup situation, here in the hotel, it is a fucking bitch for me to quote a bunch of things in the same post, so if i post/quote something for the next month, it will be one at a time. so yay for you, know long ass posts with a bunch of quotes.

I agree in the sentiment that pacman looks town.

Now lets get to who is scummy. Katie. first the lie at the beginning of Day 1. I originally thought that MM's vote on her made her look town. MM vote was shitty and just looked like an excuse to vote her. But the more I look at it, the more is DOES look like an excuse to vote her. I think he was bussing his partner and needed some bullshit reason to do so. Katie's reaction to this vote was also strange. If someone voted me because I was "defensive" I would have lost my shit. No one believes that.

Katie also tried to discredit me yesterday for know reason. I cant help up think this was due to me pushing MM. Her play today is also bad.

I am not sure where she is (vote wise) right now. but I have absolutely no issue hammering her if needed.

also droogs looked incredibly scummy. I am not one to give much credence to people leaving looking scummy, but his departure after yesterday's play DOES look suspicious given MM flip, if I get time (doubtful) I will see if he left other games as well. Can anyone check this for me? You will be my pal.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by llll »

Droog has left 4 games, so no scum tell there.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1156, curiouskarmadog wrote:

I am not sure where she is (vote wise) right now. but I have absolutely no issue hammering her if needed.

also droogs looked incredibly scummy. I am not one to give much credence to people leaving looking scummy, but his departure after yesterday's play DOES look suspicious given MM flip, if I get time (doubtful) I will see if he left other games as well. Can anyone check this for me? You will be my pal.

Now that this game is over, I can confirm that Droog's absence is universal, not just here. That's sort of why I've been giving him a break, but I suppose I really should be factoring him in, too.

I'm planning on hammering, but if someone else wanted to do it, it should not happen before she claims.

Also, @Katie; please tell me your read on Droog, and on Pacman.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Katie also tried to discredit me yesterday for know reason. I cant help up think this was due to me pushing MM. Her play today is also bad.

Droog left other games as well. I don't really agree that he's scummy, I think his reasons for staying off the wagon weren't that bad.

VOTE: Katie

I'd agree that Katie looks worse then pacman now and I'd prefer her lynch. With my vote, she should be at 4 if I'm counting right.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

:o
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Oh nvm, I've been sitting here thinking it was 4 to lynch.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I'm with you, G, I think it's Katie + Pac.
2023 W/L | 1-0
KatieB
KatieB
Goon
KatieB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by KatieB »

VT. Hammer away.

In post 1153, evilpacman18 wrote:Katie I hope your real life situation improves, regardless of alignment. That said, I don't feel any particular urge to unvote after the AtE.

What AtE?

In post 1154, evilpacman18 wrote:There should be a new scumtell: AtRL

That would be cheating.

In post 1155, Aeronaut wrote:I actually think Katie is being sincere about her real life situation. That's a rough schedule, katie, I hope that improves for you :(. You're still scum, though :P

I'm town, and it's worrying that nobody has actually made a case other than 'was wrong about monkeyman.' I wish I had better reads to leave you guys with, but:
Pushing droog and pacman for defending monkey is questionable at best. His scumteam had FOREVER to decide that he was a liability and bus him; finding all the scum off the wagon means that they are colossally terrible. Theoretically it's possible, but imo it would be extremely unlikely. I think pacman is more likely to be off-the-wagon scum than droog.

CKD might be scum. Wake might be scum, just for the blatant buying of towncred on the 'HAY GUISE MONKEY VOTED ME SOME.' I was probably wrong on Aero. Stripes is probably town. I hope the PRs use their abilities wisely, because I don't think the town can win otherwise.

If someone voted me because I was "defensive" I would have lost my shit. No one believes that.

I have been trying very hard not to 'lose my shit' in this thread. I think the experiment was a failure. This was much more stressful when I worried about upsetting people who were saying dumb things, and it clearly didn't improve my reads. If you run into me in the future, don't be surprised if I'm less restrained. That said, I'm still technically part of the game so all I'll say is that if you think lying about my experience while playing as a secret alt in a game with players I have blacklisted is an alignment tell, and that it caused my inept partner to decide to bus me
before I'd altslipped
, then you need to sign up for as many games as you can because you clearly still need practice.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1155, Aeronaut wrote:I actually think Katie is being sincere about her real life situation. That's a rough schedule, katie, I hope that improves for you :(. You're still scum, though :P

I'm town, and it's worrying that nobody has actually made a case other than 'was wrong about monkeyman.' I wish I had better reads to leave you guys with, but:
Pushing droog and pacman for defending monkey is questionable at best. His scumteam had FOREVER to decide that he was a liability and bus him; finding all the scum off the wagon means that they are colossally terrible. Theoretically it's possible, but imo it would be extremely unlikely. I think pacman is more likely to be off-the-wagon scum than droog.

CKD might be scum. Wake might be scum, just for the blatant buying of towncred on the 'HAY GUISE MONKEY VOTED ME SOME.' I was probably wrong on Aero. Stripes is probably town. I hope the PRs use their abilities wisely, because I don't think the town can win otherwise. [/quote]
This is a helpful post to keep for tomorrow. I don't think you're scum for being wrong about Monkeyman, I think you're scum for the way you went about trying to cover it up.

If someone voted me because I was "defensive" I would have lost my shit. No one believes that.

I have been trying very hard not to 'lose my shit' in this thread. I think the experiment was a failure. This was much more stressful when I worried about upsetting people who were saying dumb things, and it clearly didn't improve my reads. If you run into me in the future, don't be surprised if I'm less restrained. That said, I'm still technically part of the game so all I'll say is that if you think lying about my experience while playing as a secret alt in a game with players I have blacklisted is an alignment tell, and that it caused my inept partner to decide to bus me
before I'd altslipped
, then you need to sign up for as many games as you can because you clearly still need practice.[/quote]
For the record, I probably would have townread you more if you actually lost your shit instead of saying "I'm trying not to lose my shit", and letting us know you were frustrated rather than just letting us figure it out on our own. It just seems like you're trying to make us believe it because you keep mentioning it, which I don't feel like a townie would do.

And, honeslty, VT claim would be a safescum move.

VOTE: KatieB

I'll be really sad if that was wrong
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Mod, do you think you could fix that quote tag up there? Just this once? I'd be your best friend :P

Just to be clear, if she was scum, it's a probable assumption that I'm a gonner tonight. If that's the case, please make sure you look very hard at what she said up there about Pac and Droog, because she would likely be distancing one more than the other.

Also, make sure you look at everyone else in the game more than I have; I feel like I got a little tunnely today.
2023 W/L | 1-0
KatieB
KatieB
Goon
KatieB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by KatieB »

In post 1164, Aeronaut wrote:This is a helpful post to keep for tomorrow. I don't think you're scum for being wrong about Monkeyman, I think you're scum for the way you went about trying to cover it up.

I... what? I've not covered anything up. I'm pretty sure like 75% of my posts today have included the phrase 'I was wrong about monkey'

In post 1164, Aeronaut wrote:For the record, I probably would have townread you more if you actually lost your shit instead of saying "I'm trying not to lose my shit", and letting us know you were frustrated rather than just letting us figure it out on our own. It just seems like you're trying to make us believe it because you keep mentioning it, which I don't feel like a townie would do.

Subverting meta has that risk. I'm playing in a way that I normally wouldn't. But I'm truly getting sick of 'angrysthar is townsthar' so I needed to try. Basically, anytime I wanted to insult someone in this game, I just typed 'I'm trying not to lose my temper' instead.

In post 1164, Aeronaut wrote:And, honeslty, VT claim would be a safescum move.

No. The correct scumplay would have been for me to claim a strong PR, in hopes of drawing a counterclaim.

In post 1164, Aeronaut wrote:I'll be really sad if that was wrong

:neutral: Your read was based on magic fairy dust, circumstantial evidence and confirmation bias. Do you want a tissue?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

So you were town?
2023 W/L | 1-0
KatieB
KatieB
Goon
KatieB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by KatieB »

:facepalm:
KatieB
KatieB
Goon
KatieB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by KatieB »

Yes, I'm town. If you fakehammered me, you should be aware that it's a bad gambit that doesn't work.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

?

That was five votes, that's a hammer.

I feel silly, what am I missing here?
2023 W/L | 1-0
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Hmm
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Well, I'm going to assume that you're hammered.

I think I forgot to mention, another big factor (and I think what sent me over the edge) on me scumreading you, is this post.

In post 1049, KatieB wrote:The kill was an attempt to foster apathy. Anen was the third most active remaining player. This is obvious.

I was obviously wrong about monkeyman, but I frequently have trouble with lynches based on proficiency. When someone good plays poorly, I am likely to judge them scum and when someone less skilled plays poorly I am more likely to judge them town. It's a bias that I'm working on.

I'm reworking my reads today. I dont think I want to lynch droog. I'm willing to listen to theories.

Did not like wake's entry today. Did not like your entry today. Have another reason to vote you that is gonna remain a secret for a little while.

More specifically, the "I have another reason to vote you which is going to remain secret". From my perspective, and mine alone, that looks like a scumclaim. Because, this can mean one of two things. 1. It involves an ongoing game. 2. You were claiming a guilty.

Now, this is the first game I've ever played you, so that is not it. In my eyes, you were trying to crumb that you had some sort of something on me, and that you had some kind of investigative role, or a role that knew something I didn't. Knowing my own role as town, there's nothing that you would have gotten if you'd investigated me. You claiming VT just sort of drove home that you were just saying that to take pressure off. I don't see another alternative, here.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Now, why are you talking about fakehammers? :/
2023 W/L | 1-0
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Riddleton,
I don't mean to offend, but do you have a backup mod? It may be something to consider if you are very busy IRL.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”