Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Ari:
Metal
Currently you and I have two votes each. These are based, partially, off of analysis of Young and Jordan's posts.
Why are you not addressing the votes on you or the points brought up, yet still commenting on the kill.

So I reread Gliffie/YYR/Jordan posts. Nothing is to be gained from Gliffie or Jordan imo. Young however seems to try distancing himself from you in a couple posts. Such as:
YYR:
Aristophanes is lynch bait quite frankly

I like the Lalendra wagon because it's not the Ari wagon, and she's scummy.

Because its going to be brought here is my thought on Jordan putting me and Acryon(Pisskop) in the same boat. It means nothing to me, I believe Jordan was just saying things and that he didn't really care about the game up to that point because he knows who the other scum are. So he said that 2 different wagons were okay and left again.

You were pushing the Jordan Trio as scum for lurking in the past. How is it "dumb luck" that they were scum?

I call it dumb luck because from my point of view it was. Aside from my theory that 3 people were scum lurking, which is now a thing I guess, I don't recall anyone else really bringing that slot into question.

Your posts there basically tell us nothing and are active lurking, despite appearing topical. Why no content in them?
[/color]
Not to make excuses but I made my posts after pulling a 10 year old out of an icy river while at work I wanted to get my mind off it by looking at this for 2 seconds.

Pisskop:
For metal, his reads have been fairly superficial and his opinion of Gliffie was such that gliffie wasn't even mentioned until YYR was in, and it took him waffling until 592, and after that quite sparingly.

Gliffie had exactly 3 posts. 1 of which was him asking to be replaced what did you want me to say about him?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

So my spoiler didn't work the long black line to the little black line was supposed to be in a spoiler. sorry about how it looks
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Well, don't I feel like a jerk now!
Good work, Metal! Hope the kid is alright!

So, basically all you got from the Trio was a bit of possible scum distancing with Young and I, and a lack of anything from Jordan in mentioning you and Acryon/Pisskop's lynches being alright?

Do you find me scummy or think we're barking up the wrong tree here?
Do you have a current reads list? I'd be interested to see where your head is at since, from what I can see, I'm your main/only scum lean right now.

Also, I had the same problem with the spoiler tag (luckily previewed first).
You have to use the
Spoiler:
one it seems for it to work.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also, why no vote?
Or are you as unsure where your reads stand as I am?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 813, Aristophanes wrote:I agree, it was just a thought. I would, as I say, argue the latter far more.

I unvoted for the exact reason I said I did. Bear with me as I explain this logic, because it is somewhat circular, but to me makes sense.
I wanted a lynch on one of them and said I would be back to hammer. The unvote was so that the numbers pre-hammer were accurate. If I had kept my vote on PK and a 5th person voted, I didn't want someone else to not vote, assuming I'd cover the hammer. As well, if a Metal lynch was more desirable, as people weresplit, I did not want to force the lynch I to either direction. I came back and voted where Iit had the most potential to lynch when I said I would. I don't see a problem with that.
Why does it bug you, Lyserg?

I didn't vote hoping others would chime in or something. Oh well, may as well since everyone is v/la it seems.
VOTE: Metal
I'm still okay with either lynch.

Ninja'd
Cool

This is pretty crappy reason to unvote.
Ari had the most votes. If you were happy with either lynch you keep your vote on the player with the most votes.

In post 824, Aristophanes wrote:Farside
What does Young voting Lal have to do with your case against him buddying me?
I don't see how you got there.

Yyr voted lal without a reason. It was an easy vote to make on someone not part of his team.
He could have jumped on your wagon for any reason and no one would have said boo, especially seeing as he wasn't town reading you.
Voting lal or voting you (if not part of the same team) makes no difference.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I still don't get your last point, Farside. I may need it translated. Because like, you say it made no difference where his vote landed, so how does it make me scum that he chose Lal? Your whole arguement seems to me to be "well, since he didn't vote you, you could possibly be scum." But had ge voted me after all that, it would likely be "he voted you after all that? Scum distancing." Would it not?
I just don't see how this is an argument against me.

As for the unvote, well, it didn't effect anything anyway, and I think it quite reasonible. I may think in unconventional ways, but I stand by it regardless!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:30 am

Post by pisskop »

Hunh. Ok, Farisde, and we can lynch Metal if Ari flips town?
Do any of you players know if Ari is always this explanatory?

vote: Ari

@Ari

Farside is saying that YYR had a decision to make. As scum, he needed to place his vote. He scumread you, so it would be natural to vote you. Instead, he jumped onto Lal without adequate reason, despite you having more votes. Why would he go after the larger wagon? Likely because you were on his team, so killing you hurt himself.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 am

Post by pisskop »

[quote]
Why would
n't
he go after the larger wagon? Likely because you were on his team, so killing you hurt himself.
[.quote]
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay, that makes more sense. Thanks!

Please, when I flip town, go for Metal.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 827, Aristophanes wrote:Well, don't I feel like a jerk now!
Good work, Metal! Hope the kid is alright!

So, basically all you got from the Trio was a bit of possible scum distancing with Young and I, and a lack of anything from Jordan in mentioning you and Acryon/Pisskop's lynches being alright?

Do you find me scummy or think we're barking up the wrong tree here?
Do you have a current reads list? I'd be interested to see where your head is at since, from what I can see, I'm your main/only scum lean right now.

Also, I had the same problem with the spoiler tag (luckily previewed first).
You have to use the
Spoiler:
one it seems for it to work.

No reason to feel like a jerk how the hell would you have known. Also the kid seemed okay. He was responsive just really cold when they took him to the hospital. He was lucky he didn't go all the way under and there were people around to help. These snow banks have been the death of people in MA we really need to get rid of them.

Anyways, back to the game and less depressing stuff. Ya the trio held very little for me to read into and really it was YYR that held anything worth reading into.

I think your second 2nd question "do you find me scummy..." is really 2 questions. Yes I do find you scummy still. As far as "barking up the wrong tree" (was this some kind of wolf joke?) I don't think you're the wolf, but do believe you are mafia, so if your asking if the current vote count is getting the wolf yes we are barking up the wrong tree. Asking about scum in general well half the votes are right and they're not the ones on me

My scum list consist of you and West atm. I'm not sure who the 3rd scum could be.

Also, why no vote?
Or are you as unsure where your reads stand as I am?

I thought about throwing a vote down on you in my last post but I'm going to hold it for the moment and let more discussion take place. I hope my reads are right but I feel like anything could be possible.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Piss: metal is a scum read still. Also lyse is on there as well. Cheet hydra is all but invisible this game.

If ari is scum I would take a closer look at west.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Aristophanes »

And by third scum you mean Werewolf/second mafia, not third Mafia, right?

Haha it was a wolfy word play, because why not :P
I know people hate this kind of theory talk, but if I were to flip town, where would your head be at?
Who would you look at next?

I still like you as my main scum prospect, but something is telling me PK's last post (which I may have agreed with too quickly) could be scum trying to easily create a double-town-lynch.

Also, where are Vyse, Cheet, Prawn, and West??
It'd be nice to hear from you guys!

P-edit
Farside, same Q. If I flip town, would that clear West? Where would you look next for scum in that situation?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

@Ari: Yes 3rd scum = wolf or mafia. I'm thinking West as wolf still so more the 2nd mafia than wolf.

If you are town I would still like to take a look at West, town ari doesn't clear him imo. If not west I'll put the names on a dart board and whoever I hit will be who I look into more lol.

I'm heading into work so I'll be back later guys.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Skimming D3 and I basically agree with the assessment of Jordanslot.
I want to read all of D1 and D2 again/Ari ISO with flip in mind and it's making it hard to motivate myself to post.
I will bash my head against the screen tonight until I'm caught up.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Try not to break your screen - or your head - while doing so Cheet! I hear concussions are no fun!

Metal
You would look at West as Werewolf either way, I get that. But who would your candidates be for Mafia?

I need people to start theorizing so my death isn't in vain!
I may have accepted it, but I still want to contribute as much as possible!

Plus, just think. If I am scum, just ignore everything I've said today.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 am

Post by West9 »

In post 812, pisskop wrote:Does scum Ari go to any great lengths to try to plea innocence as scums?

From my experience with him, yeah.

Cheetory6 wrote:Skimming D3 and I basically agree with the assessment of Jordanslot.

^Same.

Jordan's flip and the associated reads makes me agree with Ariscum, but I'm still reading Metal as more scummy. was really third party hunting-y, and his analysis of the slot was more self-protection than scumhunting. Plus, all the shit from yesterday.

In post 837, Metalcyanide wrote:I'm thinking West as wolf still so more the 2nd mafia than wolf.

What? I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Pisskop is reading to me as less scummy than acryon. I should probably ISO and see why that is.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:41 am

Post by West9 »

Oh, and VOTE: Metal
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In that quote he was answering me.

He had said you and I were his scum suspects and he wasn't sure of the third. I was clarifying what he meant as there are only 2 mafiascum left.
He replied here that I would be mafia, my teammate unknown, and you would be werewolf.
He's still unsure of second maf and has no theories should I flip town.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 am

Post by VysePresident »

I'll try to be on tonight to offer stuff.

I'll try to actually follow through this time. >_<
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

I'm looking back at the game and trying to theorize who the last scum could be. I'll try to have something late tonight/early morning
Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

I'm being a lazy sleepy sleepyhead because all-nighter and stuff (V/LA is otherwise over). Need to reread because I've been doing a lot of skimming over lately.
(Sorry if any of the following has been stated clearly before or answered already, but I'm really having trouble focusing on ISOs and being thorough right now)

@Cheet: Can you give me your thoughts on the Young/Acryon interactions? It's been a long time, but SA's Book I: The Swash game's been at the back of my mind regarding that (thou I recall he was more assertive in his bussing there). I still like the thought that Jordan would've made more (literally anything more) than just encourage both wagons if either one of them had been mafia... I'm gonna try looking for Jordan's meta to see if I can validate/correct this thought after getting some sleep...@farside: I think you said you've played with Jordan(?), do you have any significant thoughts on that? (. . . tbh I at least kinda just want to keep the associative reads for today for simplicity's sake).

@Pisskop: Vyse is a decent wolf candidate; recall you making some small comment about it, but what are your (expanded) thoughts for Metal as possible wolf? (also, this is dumb, but when you say "
He
[Young slot]" you mean just Young or all three players that occupied the slot P= ?).

@Ari: What are your thoughts on Acryon/Young interaction (... oh hey I asked Cheet that already; I have no preference here over who I'd rather answer it first). Is the "crazy theory" you had on PK/Metal that you mentioned by the end of Day 2 still relevant, can you elaborate on it already? About you being "extremely torn on West", is that like a null or a conflicting read? Tell me more about that.

Stuff I'm not getting (maybe out of sleepiness): The idea that Ari flipping town clears West. That Young had a scumread on Ari, when what he said was that he understood the stuff against him but didn't think it scummy himself. That Young was distancing himself from Ari when what happened was kinda the opposite (a defense... distancing is more like bussing or I'm all lost on my terminology :c (?)).
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

My West read there (or lack thereof) is conflicted, not a null. I have been going back and forth on him a lot in my head and have yet to reconcile that.

This stupid theory of mine is probably nothing, alas I have had no way to confirm a thought which would either confirm or debunk the whole thing. I am currently leaning more towards it being debunked, but I will let you know my thoughts once that's an actual thing. I'm really not trying to be cryptic here, that's just all I have right now.

As for Young/Acryon interactions, I'll have to read back again and won't have time to do so until late tomorrow (working a long shift).
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Lyserg
, I'm skimming super hard on both of their ISOs because I'm honestly in kind of a terrible mood for mafia tonight.
Only thing that really stands out/I remember standing out is the fact that Acryon had really weird placement for Young in his reads list.
It's certainly not implausible that they could be scum together, but I like the Aristo connection a lot moreso.

I'm honestly sorry that my analysis is so weak right now, but tonight is just not a good night for me.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

So here is what I've come up with for other possible scum:

Vyse: Vyse could be scum
assuming Ari flips mafia
. He does some a bit of distancing himself from Ari early on, defended Ari later, and when there was sizable wagon on Ari in D1 he unvoted.

Cheet (Ginko) - Has been really wishy washy this game. Not sure if due to IRL stuff, the result of being hydra first half of the game or trying to stay under the radar.

Prawn: Another possible scum lurk. 28 total posts in the 3 weeks we've been playing. Does some distancing from Ari as well. An interesting line from post "I find it very hard to come up with a 3-man scum team with Ari on it." I think Prawn could be scum no matter how Ari flips but if Ari flips scum it's more convincing. I find it hard to believe that we would have 2 scum slots just lurking but then again I still can't believe we had one that was a 3 person lurk.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 am

Post by VysePresident »

I'm sorry guys, this just isn't working out. I keep trying to get on here and post something useful, but I've been devoting far too much time to Mafia, and that's consistently kept me from getting the sleep I need, and now it's starting to seriously effect both my health and my life in general. In the meantime, I'm not even being useful in this game.

@Mod - Please replace me.

Sorry to do this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”