FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 252, dragonspawn wrote:Btw at this point I'm getting a scum vibe from shinobi and Viking. Town for wolf and wake. Null for everyone else so far.

Scum/town vibe absent any reasoning makes me think YOU are scum. Care to explain where the 'vibes' are coming from?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 274, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 268, Cheetory6 wrote:Busy as fuck this week. Quickly glancing at the game Silver linked while I have some time and I can see the difference in how much Silver directly interacts with people in the game Silver linked vs here. I still feel kind of weird about some of her posts before, but if this many people are claiming metatells then I'll settle for reading through a few of her games later this week when I have more spare time.

VOTE: FA
His switch from a decently-reasoned vote on Grib to what reads as a dumb jokevote on Shinobi is vomit. Even worse is that he softpushes Grib shortly afterwards and then does nothing to engage Shinobi.
@FA
, what're your updated thoughts on Shinobi now that he's explained his intentions behind pushing for a TSO wagon?

decently reasoned? They were both random votes. Gribs original statment read to me like a simple conversation starter, not really worthy of scum reading. There are pages and pages of random garbage in this game.

Shinobi's 'reasoning' is meh IMHO. He says he was 'pressuring' a player that was not even here and in need of a prod.

Considering that even said player agreed that it was good reasoning, I'd say "meh" doesn't really cover it since a large number of people agree with me
and
I got a sizable answer in the form of reads from him on every single player on his wagon. What's "meh" about it?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Grib

(37) | (89) | (103) | (218) | (220) | (221)

What We Know

Votes Silverwolf in . Votes FA_Q2 in . Says he wants to see what happens in regards to Wolfie's inquiry into his naked vote (). Complains of fluffy spam in , and asks FA_Q2 to pressure him. Makes known his dread for Large games in , and opines in that Boonskiies is suspicious in general, and, though unasked, tells acryon he thinks he's Town.

How I'm Reading This

His apparent reason for voting FA_Q2 is fine with me, because in general it's good to vote somebody to spur reactions. My case is special, because my history contains those who either kill me first, or try to manipulate my intense focus. By withholding my vote, they cannot control it, and I'll swing my sword down when
I
am ready. His complaining of spam and fluff feels misplaced, because it's not like he's been doing much, and he can certainly wade into the discussion and contribute instead of complaining. Instead of asking someone to pressure him, perhaps he should be trying to pressure others? While I don't get the feeling these events are suspicious, they do feel neutral at best, and sub-optimal at worst. Am curious why he thinks Boonskiies is suspicious in general.

What I do find just a bit suspicious is his seemingly out-of-place comment that he thinks acryon is Town so very early in this game.

Where The Player Stands

Unremarkable Neutrality.
Instead of complaining, do please contribute. An explanation for your unsought and untimely trust in acryon ought to be given in detail.

"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Wake, Why not ask Grib straight out why he's townreading acryon or finds Boon suspicious?

I do agree that his townread on acryon is off considering acryon hasn't done anything especially townie in this game.

I will also say that Grib has a history of voting me first in games we play together and has used the totally rolled town line it 2 other games we've played where he's been town. He was scum with me in a game and was townread by pretty much everyone.

So Grib's actually a light townread for me just because his nonchalant attitude is pretty typical for him as town, where as scum he puts more effort in.

You can check Ika's 402 to see the scum game I'm talking about if it interests you. It's not quite the same set-up because Grib and I and Xay were all on different teams by ourselves and House was also in that game as town. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=59515
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

...interesting. Thank you.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by elusive »

I also know Grib from a off-site thing and I agree with SilverWolf's read of him. She also leans town to me.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 275, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 252, dragonspawn wrote:Btw at this point I'm getting a scum vibe from shinobi and Viking. Town for wolf and wake. Null for everyone else so far.

Scum/town vibe absent any reasoning makes me think YOU are scum. Care to explain where the 'vibes' are coming from?

Gut calls at this point. For the most part. I've explained my reasoning with wolf already.

Not enough to really build cases yet.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Happy Scumday, TSO!
croboss
croboss
Townie
croboss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 am

Post by croboss »

Replace out
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:06 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 278, SilverWolf wrote:Wake, Why not ask Grib straight out why he's townreading acryon or finds Boon suspicious?

^town
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:32 am

Post by House »

In post 284, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 278, SilverWolf wrote:Wake, Why not ask Grib straight out why he's townreading acryon or finds Boon suspicious?

^town

^Captain Obvious.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 am

Post by acryon »

This is a little off. You think someone is scum because their
gut
reads don't have reasoning?

Do you still think Shinobi is most likely scum at this point?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:26 am

Post by T S O »

Thank god this game is moving at a regular pace.

Catching up tonight etc.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Kitz »

I see too much use of Meta. Just because someone acts towny, doesn't mean they can be. People can adjust and blend in with Meta that others have made.
Soooo I'd like to argue that some are more scummy, not more towny, because Meta fits in too quickly and on a first day.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:39 am

Post by acryon »

In post 288, Kitz wrote:I see too much use of Meta. Just because someone acts towny, doesn't mean they can be. People can adjust and blend in with Meta that others have made.
Soooo I'd like to argue that some are more scummy, not more towny, because Meta fits in too quickly and on a first day.

I just want to piggyback on this and say yes, meta is bad.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:43 am

Post by elusive »

Are there many people who play to their town meta very well? I imagine it would take some experience to be able to do it flawlessly. Also, if your town meta is known then you're expected to actually get things done. Like the way I read some people isn't whether they are acting town but their results because if they've led lynches on two innocent townies or something like that then they aren't town because that's beneath their play.

Also, isn't that why you start off with a "lean" read and then pressure directly or circle around like sharks for reactions?

Hi acryon :)
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:45 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Meta is perfect for how it has been used up to this point, i.e. generating discussion. But Kitz is exhibiting townish paranoia. Which leads me to my second townread and I don't usually townread at all, but I'll give it a try this game.

Scumread on elusive and acryon atm.
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 am

Post by acryon »

In post 291, FakedBlogger wrote:Meta is perfect for how it has been used up to this point, i.e. generating discussion. But Kitz is exhibiting townish paranoia. Which leads me to my second townread and I don't usually townread at all, but I'll give it a try this game.

Agree that it is useful to generate discussion early on, but bad as a foundation for your actual reads.

Hi Elusive :]
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:56 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 286, acryon wrote:

This is a little off. You think someone is scum because their
gut
reads don't have reasoning?

Do you still think Shinobi is most likely scum at this point?

This was pretty good, you're vigilante. It won't be easy to lynch you if you are indeed scum.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

P-edit *vigilant
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

actually EBWOP not P-edit
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

FA wrote:decently reasoned? They were both random votes. Gribs original statment read to me like a simple conversation starter, not really worthy of scum reading. There are pages and pages of random garbage in this game.
It looked more serious when I was skimming :c
Any reason you're holding on to your jokevote vs voting for dragon who you've called scummy?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:21 am

Post by ika »

VC 1.0
Pisskop: acryon, ABR [L-9]

FA_Q2: Grib, Cheetory6 [L-9]

Wake88: croboss [L-10]

Shinobi: FA_Q2, dragonspawn [L-9]

T S O: Shinobi, Pisskop, SilverWolf, Aeronaut, vikingfan, Jared615 [L-5]

acryon: Naked jogger [L-10]

ABR: elusive [L-10]

Aeronaut: House, Boonskiies [L-9]

Not voting: TSO, Wake88, Klingoncelt, kitz

21 alive, 11 to lynch

(expired on 2015-02-22 00:00:00)

Mod notes: replacing croboss, ABR will be due for a prod when i get back from work if he doesnt post
Last edited by ika on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

still here
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Everyone not voting should vote.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”