SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Is there a reason for a lynch being perfectly fine beyond it being not on lynchbait? Because it is hard to consider your reads when you haven't read the thread.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Imperium »

It seems like you stopped pushing AP because you like him and not because you think he's town.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Are you talking to us/Ffery? No, I thought the lack of him putting up resistance to the wagon didn't feel like scum-AP. This isn't how I'd expect to lynch scum-AP based on Tales. Ffery pointed the same thing at the same time. And overall just not feeling it + if he's scum, I'll figure it out eventually.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Solar Wind »

I'm leaning towards voting Beast over Ace though but I'm not sure on that. I have to leave but I'll be back in a couple of hours. Don't lynch anyone before I show up again.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Imperium »

You changed your mind because he isn't posting...? You're correct that I think AP-town tends to give up earlier when there's a wagon against him, but it's a very vocal giving up in thread as opposed to just not responding when people are pushing a wagon on him.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 2502, Solar Wind wrote:Are you talking to us/Ffery? No, I thought the lack of him putting up resistance to the wagon didn't feel like scum-AP. This isn't how I'd expect to lynch scum-AP based on Tales. Ffery pointed the same thing at the same time. And overall just not feeling it + if he's scum, I'll figure it out eventually.

Stop using that last line >.>
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2502, Solar Wind wrote:Are you talking to us/Ffery? No, I thought the lack of him putting up resistance to the wagon didn't feel like scum-AP. This isn't how I'd expect to lynch scum-AP based on Tales. Ffery pointed the same thing at the same time. And overall just not feeling it + if he's scum, I'll figure it out eventually.

Is this how you'd expect to lynch town AP?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2504, Imperium wrote:You changed your mind because he isn't posting...? You're correct that I think AP-town tends to give up earlier when there's a wagon against him, but it's a very vocal giving up in thread as opposed to just not responding when people are pushing a wagon on him.

so being a lurksack fits neither his town nor his scum meta closely, and for me, it's coming down to which alignment I think he's more likely to be apathetic about. And I think he's more likely to be apathetic as town.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2506, T S O wrote:

Is this how you'd expect to lynch
town
AP?

If AP is town, we don't want to lynch him at all.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 2507, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 2504, Imperium wrote:You changed your mind because he isn't posting...? You're correct that I think AP-town tends to give up earlier when there's a wagon against him, but it's a very vocal giving up in thread as opposed to just not responding when people are pushing a wagon on him.

so being a lurksack fits neither his town nor his scum meta closely, and for me, it's coming down to which alignment I think he's more likely to be apathetic about. And I think he's more likely to be apathetic as town.

Or he is probably going to be apathetic in this game regardless of alignment. Its hard to believe he would be this apathetic as bulletproof town.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Imperium »

Also: we have five hours left.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Imperium »

Like I understand mislynch fears and all that, but we have five hours left.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Solar Wind »

VOTE: Beast
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Magua »

In post 2500, Solar Wind wrote:Is there a reason for a lynch being perfectly fine beyond it being not on lynchbait? Because it is hard to consider your reads when you haven't read the thread.

It's more: if I don't have a reason to be against the lynch, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Eg RachMarie. I have no reason to be for RachMarie's lynch, seeing as she's posted like one or two things since I joined. I have no case. But I also have no reason to be against the lynch. So I'm perfectly fine with it.

People I'm against lynching: Mastin, Beastcharizard, PeregrineV, Cephrir, Imperium, Heartless.

I will happily vote the shit out of anyone else. My reason for voting AP over any of the others I could've possibly voted can best be summarized as "lolz".

---

As for reading the thread prior to my joining: I'm not going to.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Heartless »

This is taking so much longer than I expected and I need to reprioritize because there is absolutely no way I'm going to make it through and be able to do what I normally do. I'll do it in the neighborhood thread over the night, but there's no just no way it's happening in the next few hours.

Who are the wagon's we're choosing between right now? I think I'll have to resort to ISOing them for vote placement.

I see that AngryPidgeon, beastcharizard, and theaceofspades are a few, so I'll start with those three.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I will make your life easier.

I have no vote right now and the House slot outed it because they thought I was scum. I have only defended myself. Haven't really done much contributing. The End.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Heartless »

I see that AP has claimed bulletproof. There's a bulletproof dimension to our role. Does that have any implications as far as role symmetry?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by T S O »

we're not discussing roles sorry
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

You must be TTH because you are not screaming at people.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Heartless »

AngryPidgeon's ISO is difficult to parse because he spends quite a great deal of time in catch-up mode and making quote-stripped posts.

In post 2517, T S O wrote:we're not discussing roles sorry

I already partially claimed. All you're doing at this point is being unhelpful. I'm asking anyone more experienced in game design and setup speculation than I am: what are the chances of having a bulletproof and (quasi)bulletproof role both be town? I'd ask Anti but I don't want to bother him right now.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

It's not out of the question from a design perspective.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2515, beastcharizard wrote:I will make your life easier.

I have no vote right now and the House slot outed it because they thought I was scum. I have only defended myself. Haven't really done much contributing. The End.

I am not sure what you're trying to say here. It looks like an argument for lynching you.... was that the intent?

In post 2520, Solar Wind wrote:It's not out of the question from a design perspective.

I am in favor of not worrying about it right now.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ok, I'm here.

I'm going to just color code the latest vote count based on what my reads were when I placed the entire list a while back since I haven't been able to do a whooooole lot since then.

AngryPidgeon
(5): theaceofspades,
Magua
Imperium
ooba
Vezokpiraka
Rachmarie

Theaceofspades (3):
AngryPidgeon
xombie
ZZZX

beastcharizard
(3):
Skybird
Cephrir
The Mask

RachMarie
(2):
PeregrineV
Farside22

TiphaineDeath
(2):
Mastin2
TSO

Cephrir
(2):
TiphaineDeath
FourTrouble

FourTrouble
(2):
Aeronaut

Skybird
(0):
beastcharizard

First thought is that I'm clearly very wrong about a bunch of people. The biggest wagon is on a townread, but it's also fueled by most of my strong town reads. Considering that two of my biggest scumreads are on the one read that isn't town, that nudges towards town too. Virtually all my nullscum reads are voting the last nullscum read, which already says to me that at least half of them are town.

I'm not touching ace. AngryPidgeon is a lower townread with that wagon and the rest of the wagon is awful. I'm also not touching RachMarie. I still remember how I got to that read in the first place and I don't believe there's a high chance of me being wrong on her alignment this game.

All the orange names are iffy. There's something very much fucked about my reads on the orange group and I'd rather figure that out for myself before testing to see if they're true, but I'd be fine with offing one of them now if it became the predominant choice since it would help focus my reads on them overall in the right direction.

I'll refocus my reads once we have a flip, but right now here's what I'm thinking of:

{Beastcharizard, Cephrir, SkyBird, The Mask} <- at least half town. All of these reads have to be refined a bit.
{Magua, Imperium, Vezokpiraka, RachMarie} <- If AngryPidgeon is town, I'm likely wrong on at least one of them. If AngryPidgeon is scum, then I'm likely not going to revisit any of them for a long time.
{Aeronaut, Mastin2, PeregrineV, Xombie, ZZZX} <- I'm confident I'm starting to head towards the right direction, at least. I'd be completely happy to focus here tomorrow.
{theaceofspades} <- If AngryPidgeon flips town, he's more town.

VOTE: AngryPidgeon
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In case anyone gets confused, the town->scum order is: Dark Green -> Light Green -> theaceofspades -> Orange -> Red
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Heartless »

I'm looking at aceofspades' ISO. I'm almost certain Antihero would scum read this because of the stench of indecision it gives off, the weakness in convictions, and voting pattern.

To me, there's nothing I see in the ISO that cannot be accounted for by a simple falling behind and staying on the defensive. If I had to make an educated guess, this is why the aceofspades wagon exists in the first place. I think realistically, the chances of spades flipping scum is random, if not slightly below. There are a few things I see that my intuition tells me is more likely to come from town than not.

I'll vote him to avoid a no lynch, but I'd like to look at beasts' and whoever else's ISOs first.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”