Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by Mokina »

*Adds up the triple-6, the 1 and the 5*

750 points is mine! I won't push my luck, since that was rather good to begin with.

The CES-lynch wagon's looking pretty tempting right now, and his pro-town roleblocker claim seems a little off to me. Keep in mind that this game's roleset was designed to morph based on Farkle results. As such, I don't find something as specialized as an RB particularly plausible as a "default" town role.
FoS: CES

I would strongly push for a vig no-kill tonight. Someone earlier in the thread compared the vigilante to a "second lynch," but there is one crucial difference. The vig isn't getting the full feedback of the town when he/she makes the kill. This makes a town (or even protown power role) nightkill a disturbingly real possibility.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Mokina »

Nai wrote: The mini-game of Farkle will be suspended, starting tomorrow, until I see more non-Farkle activity.[/b]
Ooh. Forgot. It was such a good roll too...

*Unfarkles*

^ That's not a word
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dagger
Dagger
Goon
Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Dagger »

The game was already resumed. >_>

Your roll is valid.

Lemme think this dilemma over.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Thesp »

ThAdmiral wrote:Alright.

Lynch ces and then vig me if he's not scum.
Mokina wrote:I would strongly push for a vig no-kill tonight. Someone earlier in the thread compared the vigilante to a "second lynch," but there is one crucial difference. The vig isn't getting the full feedback of the town when he/she makes the kill. This makes a town (or even protown power role) nightkill a disturbingly real possibility.
*sigh*

I'm going to start voting anyone who tries to guide the vig in whatever capacity. It's got to stop. The vig should do whatever the frick they feel like.
If they choose on their own (and are town, which seems quite likely), then their decision is based 100% on town influence. If they go off of suggestions in the thread, there could almost certainly be scum influence in the vig kill, which is bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad. Shut up about the vig and scum-hunt.

(I'm sorry if that comes off unnecessarily strong. I'm trying to make a point, and mean nothing personal about it.)

I'm ready to lurker-hunt, I have a strong feeling our scum may be hiding.

Where's kilmenator?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Mokina »

Thesp wrote:If they choose on their own (and are town, which seems quite likely), then their decision is based 100% on town influence.
Meh... during the day, everyone is a "town influence" (including the mafia). No offense, but a vigilante's decision will
always
be based on what is said in discussion. Unless they have some combined investigative role, the vig is probably doing the same thing as any other townie and looking for scummy behavior in the thread. Vanilla townies can always reconsider their votes and unvote as necessary, but once a vigkill has been made, there's no turning back. I'm simply advising caution here.

On the other hand, I completely agree with you about the lurking. Even if they aren't scum trying to fly under the radar, the players who have avoided posting aren't helping the town at all.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Thesp wrote:
Where's kilmenator?
I am here, waiting for those putting pressure on me to outline a case, because I really dont know why people suddenly think I am scum. Also, I agree that the vig should not use their kill unless they are pretty positive they are hitting scum because they are just as likely to hit a pro-town power role, and some roles have information that could be helpful to the town.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I have realized it would be useful to the town if I were to put up who I think may be scum with ces (this is, of course, assuming he's scum...which I do).
Since I haven't really thought about this yet I will have to re-read the thread and analyse it etc.

I think I can rule out myself and probably kilmenator now though, for obvious reasons.
I'll get back to you on the rest.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Thesp »

Mokina wrote:Meh... during the day, everyone is a "town influence" (including the mafia). No offense, but a vigilante's decision will always be based on what is said in discussion.
I don't understand what you're saying with the first sentence. The second sentence is true, but the decision wouldn't be based on directed guidance. (There's an argument to be made against a vig who ignores the advice given by town that could be used to pressure them into bad vigs. I'm trying to pre-empt such pressure.) I don't buy this deflection you're trying.
FOS: Mokina.
I'd love to see
who you think is scum
, not
who you think should or shouldn't be killed
kilmenator wrote:Also, I agree that the vig should not use their kill unless they are pretty positive they are hitting scum because they are just as likely to hit a pro-town power role, and some roles have information that could be helpful to the town.
Unvote, Vote: kilmenator.

ThAdmiral wrote:I think I can rule out myself and probably kilmenator now though, for obvious reasons.
Can you outline these obvious reasons (re: kilmenator) for those of whom it's not evident?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:04 am

Post by kilmenator »

Thesp wrote:
Mokina wrote:Meh... during the day, everyone is a "town influence" (including the mafia). No offense, but a vigilante's decision will always be based on what is said in discussion.
I don't understand what you're saying with the first sentence. The second sentence is true, but the decision wouldn't be based on directed guidance. (There's an argument to be made against a vig who ignores the advice given by town that could be used to pressure them into bad vigs. I'm trying to pre-empt such pressure.) I don't buy this deflection you're trying.
FOS: Mokina.
I'd love to see
who you think is scum
, not
who you think should or shouldn't be killed
kilmenator wrote:Also, I agree that the vig should not use their kill unless they are pretty positive they are hitting scum because they are just as likely to hit a pro-town power role, and some roles have information that could be helpful to the town.
Unvote, Vote: kilmenator.

ThAdmiral wrote:I think I can rule out myself and probably kilmenator now though, for obvious reasons.
Can you outline these obvious reasons (re: kilmenator) for those of whom it's not evident?
Thesp, please out line a case against me, no one has, and you seem the most sure on putting pressure on me, why is it that you are putting pressure?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:46 am

Post by Thesp »

You directed the vig. It looked scummy to me. You also seemed really awkward around the CES bandwagon.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Thesp »

I shouldn't have hit post so soon. I also can't shake the feeling that you're happy CES didn't get lynched, and you want the credit for distancing. I'm really not comfortable with how you've gone about today, and it sure feels like it would make sense for mafia to act as you have.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Thesp wrote:Can you outline these obvious reasons (re: kilmenator) for those of whom it's not evident?
Sure.

Kilmenator and I have gone after ces pretty hard from the start. So has nocmen, but there are questions of whether he is a vig or an sk. However this would still mean he is
not
scum partners with ces, so I will cross him off the list too.

cleared
ThAdmiral
Kilmenator
Nocmen

under review
Dagger
Seol (bird1111)
Thesp
Mokina (a3maniac, mojo)
Bertrand (adele)

the scum
CES
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Thesp wrote:I shouldn't have hit post so soon. I also can't shake the feeling that you're happy CES didn't get lynched, and you want the credit for distancing. I'm really not comfortable with how you've gone about today, and it sure feels like it would make sense for mafia to act as you have.
Does not make sense.
#1 all game I have pushed for a CES lynch, if I recall correctly, I think I started the push altogether. How was I awkward around the CES wagon?
#2 what would lead you to believe that I am happy CES was not lynched. Was I not voting for him at days end? Is it my fault that he was not lynched? No, it was those not voting him.
#3 How does it make sense for mafia to act as I have, could you please elaborate?
#4 I did not direct the vig any more than anyone else did, seems to me that you are reaching to make a case against someone...
#5 If you think I am distancing CES, then wouldn't it stand to reason that CES is scum too? And therefore, shouldnt you be voting CES, the scum with the most votes? Your argument that I am distancing scum with CES does not hold water, I went after CES, I am the one who outlined a case against him, I am the one hunting scum, and not just nitpicking what people say and randomly calling people out.
#6 Why is it that you are calling me out and putting pressure on me for lurking (which I wasnt) and for directing the vig, and yet, there are others doing far worse and yet you continue to push for me. Not Logical...
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Nai »

Farkle Scores
ThAdmiral - 0
Dagger - 350
kilmenator - 0
Seol - 0
Thesp - 0
Mokina - 0
Cogito Ergo Scum - 0
Nocmen - 0
Adele - 0

End Day 1 Voting Record
Not Voting (5): A3maniac, Seol, Cogito Ergo Scum, Bertrand
Cogito Ergo Scum (3): Kilmenator, Nocmen, ThAdmiral
Kilmenator (2): Dagger, Thesp

Mokina's roll is void because it wasn't her turn. It is currently Kilmenator's turn, unless I missed something.

Deadline set for a week from Monday.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Post by Mokina »

Nai wrote:Mokina's roll is void because it wasn't her turn. It is currently Kilmenator's turn, unless I missed something.
Disappointing, but absolutely true. On the other hand, I'm not sure how necessary the turns are if everyone gets a Farkle roll or two in.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Nai »

I set it this way so everyone DOES. It's unfair if you, for instance, get two rolls before someone else gets just one. That's not how this game is played.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Thesp »

Nai wrote:I set it this way so everyone DOES. It's unfair if you, for instance, get two rolls before someone else gets just one. That's not how this game is played.
That's sort of sad, 'cause it looks like I won't get a roll. :(
kilmenator wrote:Does not make sense.
#1 all game I have pushed for a CES lynch, if I recall correctly, I think I started the push altogether. How was I awkward around the CES wagon?
#2 what would lead you to believe that I am happy CES was not lynched. Was I not voting for him at days end? Is it my fault that he was not lynched? No, it was those not voting him.
#3 How does it make sense for mafia to act as I have, could you please elaborate?
#4 I did not direct the vig any more than anyone else did, seems to me that you are reaching to make a case against someone...
#5 If you think I am distancing CES, then wouldn't it stand to reason that CES is scum too? And therefore, shouldnt you be voting CES, the scum with the most votes? Your argument that I am distancing scum with CES does not hold water, I went after CES, I am the one who outlined a case against him, I am the one hunting scum, and not just nitpicking what people say and randomly calling people out.
#6 Why is it that you are calling me out and putting pressure on me for lurking (which I wasnt) and for directing the vig, and yet, there are others doing far worse and yet you continue to push for me. Not Logical...
1 & 2) It's more recent activity which looks awkward to me, notably reminding everyone that CES is at lynch -1. It seems insignificant, but I find scum do it more often than town, especially when their partners are the possible lynchee. This is why I thought there might be a tie between the two of you. I've looked over your posts, and I'm beginning to suspect the opposite - you're scum and CES is an easy lynch.
3) You've sat on the wagon without pushing harder for it, and sitting around hoping he'd be lynched. Mafia tend to do this. You're not working or helping on anything else unless directly pulled into the conversation. That's consistent with how scum tend to act.
4) You were the first to direct the vig
immediately after I said, in big bold letters, "I'm going to start voting anyone who tries to guide the vig in whatever capacity. It's got to stop. The vig should do whatever the frick they feel like." I outlined reasons why I thought directing the vig was anti-town. Mokina read this and had rational discourse with me about it. You read this and directed the vig.
5) Possibly, but I'm more concerned with you, and I'm not sure it was distancing, and thought I'd get better reaction out of you, and if I voted him CES might be lynched before I get the info I wanted. Now I've gotten that reaction/info, and I'm beginning to think it's
not
distancing - I think you're scum and he's not.
6) I agree that others are lurking as well and need to be alerted - why is it that I can't call you on it? You're clearly here and can participate.
7) Happy with my vote on kilmenator. I think she's scum trying to push an easy wagon.

Mod: Request prods on all people who haven't posted in the last 96 hours (though the rules suggest 48 hours!):
Seol
Cogito Ergo Scum
Nocmen
Bertrand

Thanks. I suspect that Seol may need to be replaced. :(
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:05 am

Post by bertrand »

Both Thesp and kilmenator have used the "does not make sense" to avoid responding to arguments.. I don't likw that...

Thesp is making sense but all of that seems like a stretch and is based on guesses resting upon assumptions.. I don't buy it.

I still think CES is the best candidate for now.. I'm still hoping we find better though. [which means, either a better case on ces or on someone else]
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Original Roll String: 6d6
6 6-Sided Dice: (4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3) = 15

Lets see how this game will go
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by kilmenator »

take out the three 5's for 500 points and I think I will stick with that. Betrand, me saying something did not make sense was not a away to aviod responding to the minimal accusations against me, because those who put forth accusations were all responded to. I still think the case for CES is the best there is, especially since there really is no case against me.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Nai »

Thesp wrote:Mod: Request prods on all people who haven't posted in the last 96 hours (though the rules suggest 48 hours!):
Seol
Cogito Ergo Scum
Nocmen
These folks will be prodded. I'd hate to have to try to get another replacement...

The deadline is for inactivity. There's been very few posts recently, to my eyes. If activity picks up, deadline will be rescinded.

And there will be no Farkle winner if not everyone has had a chance to roll. That wouldn't be fair.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Nai »

Ack! Just remembered: CES had told me that he would be away on vacation, and I completely forgot to inform the town. Unfortunately, it's still another 6 days before he'll be back.

I can either extend the deadline until several days past his return, or just (try to) replace him. Thoughts?
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Nai wrote:Ack! Just remembered: CES had told me that he would be away on vacation, and I completely forgot to inform the town. Unfortunately, it's still another 6 days before he'll be back.

I can either extend the deadline until several days past his return, or just (try to) replace him. Thoughts?
I would prefer not to have to wait for a replacement, and I would definitely like a deadline extension, so for me it is a win win situation, let's wait on CES instead of replacing him.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Nai »

Deadline rescinded. Trying to find new replacements.
Dagger
Dagger
Goon
Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Dagger »

I would be perfectly happy with a push in Kilm's direction.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”