Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Ripley »

Mod
: taking into account the recent activity, the fact that Patrick will have computer problems tomorrow and the failure of the proddee's to respond yet, would you consider a brief extension? Just another 48 hours? Please?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Patrick »

Seconded, if that helps.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

An "brief" extension would be appreciated, maybe 1 or 2 days, especially considering our last day is a holiday.

Anyway, I said I'd vote jordan, but with no counterclaim, that's not gonna happen. I don't even consider him that suspicious without the claim. My largest suspects at the moment are Aimee and IH. If jordan really is town, it's suitable they should avoid going after him and lock in on me. I don't like how they've gone after me for "ignoring" Jordan and never followed any sort of investigation in that direction themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if only one of them was scum, I wouldn't normally know which to go after, but since Jordan is going with IH I might as well follow. Also, active lurking is a no-no.

Vote: IH
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:It just seemed very surprising to me that Simenon would simply
believe
the claim of Jordan, his prime suspect for virtually the entire game. Scum are going to claim doc in this position a lot of the time (and there are two of them). Regardless of the deadline, which is more than a day away anyway, I'd have expected Simenon to be pretty suspicious of the claim.
Let me put it this way. Me switching my vote has nothing to do with whether I think Jordan is scummy or not. My thoughts are:
- if there is another doctor, it will probably end with a jordan lynch sometime
- if he's scum, he's likely not the rber
- a doctor lynch will be hard to analyze with the deadline
Therefore, I don't want a jordan lynch today without a counterclaim.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:58 am

Post by IH »

Sorry guys, thought I posted in all my games, but just missed this one. Will try to catch up. A lot of stuff has happened, and mafia isn't the only thing I have to catch up on, and this also isn't the only game.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by Patrick »

Well, that's everyone I think, so
unvote
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Ripley »

OK, well, one of the reasons I'd have been willing to vote Jordan in the first place was that it would have been an informative lynch. We know now that he's innocent, and armed with that info we should be able to do better than just moving on to lynch Paradoxombie because he was next on the list.

Really hoping for that deadline extension.
Paradoxombie wrote:My largest suspects at the moment are Aimee and IH. If jordan really is town, it's suitable they should avoid going after him and lock in on me.
Are you saying you think that IH and Aimee are suspicious for not going after Jordan, who was protown? I don't understand this.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Ripley wrote: Are you saying you think that IH and Aimee are suspicious for not going after Jordan, who was protown? I don't understand this.
They made a big deal about how significant his scum tells were to attack me, but took little action against him themselves. If he is protown this would make sense because they'd want to avoid going after a protown player that directly, because it makes them prime suspects when he turns up town. Inversely, this makes me less suspicious of those who were much more aggresive against Jordan, at the time of the tells and up to his claim.

You could also reasonably draw the opposite conclusions, but in my expirience that situation is less likely.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Ripley »

Paradoxombie wrote:If he is protown this would make sense because they'd want to avoid going after a protown player that directly, because it makes them prime suspects when he turns up town.
Sorry, I'm still baffled. You say that they would want to avoid going after a protown player that directly. But they went after you that directly. Would that not make them prime suspects when you turn up town?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Patrick »

Ripley wrote:If this is the case, it's really hard to believe two scum completely passed by the chance to make a move on an innocent being attacked by two experienced players. Which means at least one of Patrick and Simenon would be scum.
This may be a false dilemna. It is fairly common for scum to defend a townie, especially a newish one, to try to look good later. I'm not saying that people who went hard after a townie are necessarily protown themselves, but I don't think we can say that at least one is scum for sure. Most of the players not voting Jordan left themselves room to hop on later if needed, and putting Jordan at lynch -1 early would have drawn some attention. I could conseivably see both scum not voting Jordan.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Ripley wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:If he is protown this would make sense because they'd want to avoid going after a protown player that directly, because it makes them prime suspects when he turns up town.
Sorry, I'm still baffled. You say that they would want to avoid going after a protown player that directly. But they went after you that directly. Would that not make them prime suspects when you turn up town?
Ah, you're right. I suppose it doesn't prove anything. I just don't like how they think I'm
more
scummy than Jordan because I didn't aggresivly attack Jordan for scumminess.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Vote Count
:

Paradoxombie
(3):
Aimee, IH, Simenon

IH
(2):
JordanA24, Paradoxombie

Not voting
(2):
Ripley, Patrick

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

As previously stated, this deadline is not negotiable. You have about 18 hours and 30 minutes to come to a lynch.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Post by Aimee »

Paradox, I made a big case against you a few pages back. You didn't defend yourself against any of it. I am still happy with all the reasons that I stated in it, and am happy with my vote.

Would one of Paradox or Jordan please give a case against IH? I haven't actually seen one, and it seems it was partially constructed because of his lurking.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Patrick »

I'd give 90% odds I will be able to get on for deadline now.

One thing about Paradoxombie is that he didn't vote Jordan, someone we now know is protown, in an attempt to better his position. I'd previously speculated on a possible connection, but now it's probably a point in favour. I don't really get much of a case against IH either, except that he hasn't been around. He's mainly been on my meh pile.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Ripley »

Patrick wrote: I'd give 90% odds I will be able to get on for deadline now.
If not, will this be the last we hear from you? Hmm, stupid question. I'm going to assume Patrick just posted from the library and if he doesn't post again by mid-evening he's back home and computerless.
Patrick wrote: One thing about Paradoxombie is that he didn't vote Jordan, someone we now know is protown, in an attempt to better his position. I'd previously speculated on a possible connection, but now it's probably a point in favour. I don't really get much of a case against IH either, except that he hasn't been around. He's mainly been on my meh pile.
Since Jordan turned up town I've felt considerably less cheerful about lynching Paradoxombie. Your argument here to a large extent overlaps with my own thoughts: as you say, he didn't vote Jordan. He didn't actually seem much interested in Jordan at all, and the charge of distraction seems less meaningful if Jordan is known to be innocent.

I will definitely be around at deadline if necessary, and I'm going to reread before then.
IH wrote:Will try to catch up. A lot of stuff has happened, and mafia isn't the only thing I have to catch up on, and this also isn't the only game.
But I bet it's the only one with a deadline in 6 hours. So, are we going to get anything from you before then?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Patrick »

Ripley wrote:If not, will this be the last we hear from you? Hmm, stupid question. I'm going to assume Patrick just posted from the library and if he doesn't post again by mid-evening he's back home and computerless.
Yes, this is correct. (And the timer at the bottom right of the screen says I have 29 seconds left).
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Aimee wrote:Paradox, I made a big case against you a few pages back. You didn't defend yourself against any of it. I am still happy with all the reasons that I stated in it, and am happy with my vote.
I doubt anything I would say will change your mind because I've already argued for several pages with no results on that front. If I thought arguing would change anyone else's minds, I would, but since I've already done it so much I think it'd be redundant.
Aimee wrote:Would one of Paradox or Jordan please give a case against IH? I haven't actually seen one, and it seems it was partially constructed because of his lurking.
I gave my reasons
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Ripley »

One thing that's struck me is that if Paradoxombie is scum with anybody excfept Patrick they've done a thorough job of distancing.

Paradoxombie focused on Simenon all day, virtually to the exclusion of everybody else, and Simenon just put him on 3 votes.

Aimee's focused pretty much exclusively on Paradoxombie. He's the only player she actually did an in-depth analysis of and the only player she's voted.

IH voted Paradoxombie as soon as he arrived and Paradoxombie has just picked IH to vote (saying he's equally suspicious of IH and Aimee).
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:29 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Aimee wrote:Paradox, I made a big case against you a few pages back. You didn't defend yourself against any of it. I am still happy with all the reasons that I stated in it, and am happy with my vote.
I doubt anything I would say will change your mind because I've already argued for several pages with no results on that front. If I thought arguing would change anyone else's minds, I would, but since I've already done it so much I think it'd be redundant.
Otherwise known as, I've dug myself into too deep a hole to get out of.

Right now, IH and Paradox are equal on my scum list thanks to that post, I'm willing to vote for either, if nobody else agrees with me about IH, with an impending deadline, I will switch my vote.

I think IH is scum because he lurked (he gave an excuse, but I'm not too sure about it's validity) and he replaced Teffc, who was uber-scummy, especially since in the aforementioned game where Teffc acted the same as she did in this one, she turned out to be the Mafia Godfather.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

JordanA24 wrote: Otherwise known as, I've dug myself into too deep a hole to get out of.
Do you really think further arguing would be productive a this point? Obviously not, because this is a terrible excuse for an argument against me. I don't have to be scum to admit I'm probably screwed.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Aimee »

I don't think IH is as scummy as Paradox. I still see Paradoxombie as the best lynch for today.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Ripley »

Vote: Paradoxombie
. No other option but a no lynch.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Final Vote Count
:

Paradoxombie
(4):
Aimee, IH, Simenon, Ripley

IH
(2):
JordanA24, Paradoxombie

Not voting
(1):
Patrick

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

With sunset looming every so closely, the town was growing restless. 3 of them grabbed Paradoxombie, and a forth lay the noose around his neck. "Sorry bud, one of us has to go". Oh well, it was a clean death.

But wait! What's that he's clutching in his hands? A gun?!

WHOHOO!!!

Oh wait. He's also clutching something in his other hand. It's a police batch.

Paradoxombie, Cop, Lynched D1!

Night 1 will last a minimum of 48 hours, and a maximum of 72 hours. Get choices in!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Good morning, everyone! And what a lovely morning it is. Except, you know, for the dead guy in the middle of the town square.

You can see from a distance that it is JordanA24, the guy you almost lynched yesterday, a bullet hole placed neatly between his eyes. Let me tell you, these mafiates sure know how to properly blow ones lights out!

You're almost relieved, because now you won't be tempted to string him up anymore. But then you notice that he's wearing a distinctive white coat. "He must have been a lab technician!" someone pipes up. You silly townies, he was your doctor, of course!

JordanA24, Doctor, Killed Night 1!

It's Day 2. With 5 alive, it will take 3 to lynch.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Patrick »

Gah. So we have the worst situation possible on day 2 of this setup. Good result.

I have no clue why Paradoxombie didn't claim. Ridiculous play. A few thoughts:

Ripley you hammered him. I can't quite work out whether you did so 6 minutes before deadline or one hour and 6 minutes before, or maybe even 2 hours before. If you did it with 6 minutes to spare then thats ok. Otherwise, why didn't you ask for a claim?

IH gets a few bonus FoS points for lurking around the deadline entirely. But I'm not quite sure who I'm pegging as scum here really. Simenon, what did you think of Teffc/IH yesterday around deadline? When Jordan claimed doctor, you immediately switched to Paradoxombie, the guy you said was giving you town vibes, stating that we needed a lynch before deadline. IH had just as many votes as Paradoxombie. Did you think IH looked even more protown than Paradoxombie?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”