SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

@ Farside, do you think Rach is partnered with Ace? Because the way she went after him, it doesn't feel that way. One of the reasons I dislike the Ace wagon is the lack of resistance (except from me obviously) and how easily it seems to go through. I'm interested in who you think his partners are and why they are letting it go through and offering minimal resistance or whether they are bussing.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 2038, Skybird wrote:It looks to me like Mastin is crumbing (rather blantantly) that she has a powerful ability

Everyone has a damn powerful ability. Also, you know part of my ability and you are like: "Lynch that guy whom I know part of his power. Who gives a shit if he is town." Like for real? Also, I can't do jack shit about it because my vote is fucking 0. I can't pressure you or anything. I am in the WORST Position game wise out of anyone in this thread because my vote is 0 and nothing that I know of can change that today.

I am not the lynch today.

VOTE: Skybird

In case this is a bastard game that is so bastard we don't know it is a bastard game and my vote on a person really does give them no vote.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Ceph and solars talk was crappy, Solars vote and unvote stinks of scum trying to make something happen and backing off quickly when it doesn't. Ceph's gambit is town.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 2043, Imperium wrote:Who the hell writes notes and then replaces out without ever posting them?

Scum, that's who.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 19: Do people even read these?

Theaceofspades (6): AngryPidgeon, vezokpiraka, xombie, PeregrineV, Rachmarie, Farside22
FourTrouble (3): The Mask, Aeronaut
TiphaineDeath (2): Cephrir, Mastin2
AngryPidgeon (2): theaceofspades, Ooba
Cephrir (2): TiphaineDeath, FourTrouble
Mastin2 (1): Imperium
beastcharizard (1): Skybird
VysePresident (1): Solar Wind
Skybird (0): beastcharizard
Aeronaut (0): House

Not voting: ZZZX, VysePresident, TSO, Ankamius

Reminder that it's 12 to lynch and not 13.

Deadline is 44 hours!

Looking for a replacement...
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by ooba »

The replace out without posting the notes is just bad. I can't help but feeling that the scum just want to lurk out the D1 lynch because they have powerful ultimates and don't want to die before realising value from them.

Whether Vyse falls into that category, idk.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2046, Solar Wind wrote:Mastin, what is it about the Ace wagon that you like?
Well, I don't think ace slipped, and I don't like Rach's presence on the wagon, but other than that...everything? I just like it. It's not a wagon I absolutely love, but I definitely do like it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Well, I suppose that's a Mastin answer.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

As opposed to what? An Empking answer? :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Post by ZZZX »

Vote: AceofSpades

I dont usually vote for people i cant read/find null but it seems that with the addition of the deadline and being the most unreadable so far for me I have to do that and try to fully give this game my all in a full night read since this game is going in an insane speed for me. :<
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2051, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 2038, Skybird wrote:It looks to me like Mastin is crumbing (rather blantantly) that she has a powerful ability

Everyone has a damn powerful ability. Also, you know part of my ability and you are like: "Lynch that guy whom I know part of his power. Who gives a shit if he is town." Like for real? Also, I can't do jack shit about it because my vote is fucking 0. I can't pressure you or anything. I am in the WORST Position game wise out of anyone in this thread because my vote is 0 and nothing that I know of can change that today.

In case this is a bastard game that is so bastard we don't know it is a bastard game and my vote on a person really does give them no vote.

You have one vote on you and you get this upset? I've had you in my scum pile since I replaced in. This post doesn't do anything to persuade me differently.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:20 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2050, Solar Wind wrote:@ Farside, do you think Rach is partnered with Ace? Because the way she went after him, it doesn't feel that way. One of the reasons I dislike the Ace wagon is the lack of resistance (except from me obviously) and how easily it seems to go through. I'm interested in who you think his partners are and why they are letting it go through and offering minimal resistance or whether they are bussing.

1) Rach didn't really attack him very strongly.
2) if you say one more time we have the same case I'm going to make you quote both and explain how it's the same (yes I'm pissed you said it's the same)
3) rach isn't pushing the wagon at all. She laid down 2 points and has been pretty quiet overall. I've see things like that with scum before, which is why I see rach scum but hey what do I know. (Mutters at people that refuse to pressure rach more)

The wagon has been struggling. Think about it, as soon as you put a case on cephrir how many people followed?
Tbf no wagon has really grown except ace. It bothers me because I'd think where the fuck is everyone this game?
When I look at the wagon on ace and who's voting it makes me want to vote rach all over again.

Fuck it.

Vote: rach

Vyse is the only one I'd compermise on come deadline or Pere.

I won't vote cephrir, solar or ace again at this point.

I would also vote td because I think he is scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry just noticed the deadline

vote: tiph

I'll go on the wagon that I'm scum reading.

Cephrir points coming next.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:24 am

Post by farside22 »

Why cephrir is a town read.

(I farside, knowing that solar will just completely blast this post, do this post of sound mind and stating from the get go I will not argue about it)
:nerd:

*cough*
*looks back at some post*

*looks seriously at the crowd gathering*

In the beginning I was pretty meh about cephrir. His catch up was nothing that really was special in any way.

*pause*
(thinking in my head: Do not be a sarcastic bitch. Do not be a sarcastic bitch. Do not be a sarcastic bitch. No far saying that others haven't even done that shit is not the point just move on)

I actually found cephrir's reads to be odd in his catch up. The anka read didn't make sense at all.

This is the first post I really liked cephrir
It was an independent thought process. I also agreed a lot with his points on TD that I didn't see from others in the game.

not buddying up to a player that most town read yes I see this as a town read. I know some can pull it off as scum but i don't know cephrir well enough to say that against him.

When Solar pushes at cephirir here there is no lurking it out or hiding from cephrir. Cephrir scum could just not post if he didn't want to get into the argument. He came off very natural in the exchange and when I read it cephrir reads as though he knows exactly how the exchange is going to happen and willing to bit the bullet anyways. I don't see that come from scum there would typically be more fluff in exchanges like that.

In post 1390, Cephrir wrote:I can hardly believe you think I'd resort to insulting you to get out of a teensy little comment.

I agree with cephrir's thoughts about the argument. I don't see the scum motive.

I have to go but I hope this touches on some of the things I found that read cephrir as town.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2053, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 2043, Imperium wrote:Who the hell writes notes and then replaces out without ever posting them?

Scum, that's who.

Yeah, this.

In post 2060, Skybird wrote:
In post 2051, beastcharizard wrote:

You have one vote on you and you get this upset? I've had you in my scum pile since I replaced in. This post doesn't do anything to persuade me differently.

Oh, *that's* why he voted you. That sucks.

I'm probably going to table mastin and AP until tomorrow and focus on the other people on my shortlist. If I don't come away with a good scumread on any of them I will either stay on TD if he is viable or vote Vyse.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:
14) Aeronaut
- Blonde's posting leaves a lot to be desired but didn't feel scum motivated overall. His "
Oh and if it becomes necessary, I can prove I'm town
in is an assertion overwhelmingly more likely to come from town. His convoluted method for suspecting Mastin and soft claiming felt very genuine in light of this. Not a fan of Aeronaut's entrance and his insisting that Metal Sonic was lying scum which felt over-the-top but subsequent explanations feel like he actually believes it.

While I agree with your assessment of the softclaim, I didn't like this in that post:
Blonde 766 wrote:I assume that he voted for me because I haven't been involved with the discussion and he probably wanted to put pressure on me. So, if he really thought that I was top of his list at that point (Because he'd vote for the top of his list) then I'd say his voting in the game is more suspicious than mine.

In addition to a bit of cognitive disconnect between the two sentences ("I assume...So if he really thought the opposite of that") it also features a classic, "look at this guy, he's scummier than me." But the persecuted-PR vibe in the rest of the post is pretty decent.

Her changing her vote when asked to () read weirdly to me at first and still does... the fact she voted Solar Wind makes me think the post should have a joking air but it doesn't have that.

also makes me scratch my head a bit. I don't generally expect newbies to not divulge all their thoughts in thread. I would be interested in learning whether she discussed what she was supposedly doing here in her neighborhood. feels a bit like a backtrack.

Funny how I cam in thinking it was odd how little you acknowledged Aero here but actually he is the less important player in this slot. Aero has just got FT stuck in his craw for some reason and it's strange to me that someone who's been semi-active since 2013 has apparently never seen a gambit before. But there's no scum motivation there except trying to have an easy scum read and, as they say...elsewhere, "dumbtell" (which I don't believe is a real thing)... so I guess I should take that at face value.

I'm a bit bothered by Aeronaut's uselessness because he wasn't useless in whatever NY game I played with him before he replaced out. On the other hand, ~reasons~.

Basically this is only not a scumread for me because of the tail end of 766.
Bartleby the Scrivener
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Will sneak some time in today.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:57 am

Post by ooba »

In post 2061, farside22 wrote:Fuck it.

Vote: rach

Vyse is the only one I'd compermise on come deadline or Pere.

Lets try this.

Unvote. Vote: Rach

TD is a bad wagon - move back here farside.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1750, ZZZX wrote:Unable to post the promised read list. Sorry

So when are you going to do this?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: RachMarie

Counterwagon ho!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

Have you even read the thread?
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 am

Post by farside22 »

I want some to shot Pere.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:18) BeastCharizard - Beast feels like he genuinely believes in his TSO townread. From experience, I find that people who are this sure are either town thinking they have found a killer tell or town who know that the target is town and I don't find it very likely Beast just decided to blatantly defend TSO (regardless of TSO's alignment) for no reason. I'm willing to wait but I'll eventually want an explanation for this read. While I wasn't a huge fan of his discrediting Metal Sonic in Post 916, his annoyance at iHouse for voting TSO rang genuine and the later vote on iHouse flows from there.

Does he? He was calling TSO super duper town forever two days into the game. TSO was barely engaged here, so I doubt he can have done all that much in their neighborhood to justify this. I feel like this is something I could easily see the beast I remember from Sabotage doing. It's entirely possible he could be scum doing that to look town, to reinforce TSO's similar read on him IIRC, and because of the personal connection he seems to be feeling there. I would really like to hear at least a cursory, general reason here, even if it's "because claim" or something equally vague. I don't think he's made literally a single post that didn't relate directly to either himself or TSO, and his whole tone is defensive rather than oriented towards scumhunting. He didn't post or do a ton in FEA either, but I remember thinking as I watched that what he did post was pretty damn town pretty consistently. I have not seen so much as a glimmer of that.

I find myself oddly hesitant to express suspicion of beast because I like him and he seems like the type to take it personally, but I'd vote this.

Remaining people of interest: Ace, Mask

I might skip Ace today because that seems like a waste of time and I've already ISOd him and come away with nullscum like 4 times.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2065, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:
14) Aeronaut
- Blonde's posting leaves a lot to be desired but didn't feel scum motivated overall. His "
Oh and if it becomes necessary, I can prove I'm town
in is an assertion overwhelmingly more likely to come from town. His convoluted method for suspecting Mastin and soft claiming felt very genuine in light of this. Not a fan of Aeronaut's entrance and his insisting that Metal Sonic was lying scum which felt over-the-top but subsequent explanations feel like he actually believes it.

While I agree with your assessment of the softclaim, I didn't like this in that post:
Blonde 766 wrote:I assume that he voted for me because I haven't been involved with the discussion and he probably wanted to put pressure on me. So, if he really thought that I was top of his list at that point (Because he'd vote for the top of his list) then I'd say his voting in the game is more suspicious than mine.

In addition to a bit of cognitive disconnect between the two sentences ("I assume...So if he really thought the opposite of that") it also features a classic, "look at this guy, he's scummier than me." But the persecuted-PR vibe in the rest of the post is pretty decent.

Her changing her vote when asked to () read weirdly to me at first and still does... the fact she voted Solar Wind makes me think the post should have a joking air but it doesn't have that.

also makes me scratch my head a bit. I don't generally expect newbies to not divulge all their thoughts in thread. I would be interested in learning whether she discussed what she was supposedly doing here in her neighborhood. feels a bit like a backtrack.

Funny how I cam in thinking it was odd how little you acknowledged Aero here but actually he is the less important player in this slot. Aero has just got FT stuck in his craw for some reason and it's strange to me that someone who's been semi-active since 2013 has apparently never seen a gambit before. But there's no scum motivation there except trying to have an easy scum read and, as they say...elsewhere, "dumbtell" (which I don't believe is a real thing)... so I guess I should take that at face value.

I'm a bit bothered by Aeronaut's uselessness because he wasn't useless in whatever NY game I played with him before he replaced out. On the other hand, ~reasons~.

Basically this is only not a scumread for me because of the tail end of 766.

ffery here, so the perspective is a little different from what you're responding to. If I were reading Aeronaut qua Aeronaut I'd be more concerned about his play because he seemed perfectly happy to base his decision on where to vote on a fraction of the available data, and because he seemed excessively abrasive right off the bat. But, I picked up pretty serious townvibes from his predecessor. This read could change with more data.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I would also be perfectly happy with a PV lynch.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”