SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:42 am

Post by T S O »

I sincerely apologise for letting my burning hatred for House spill out in the thread and will endeavour for it not to happen again.

He's probably town, but that's a quite weak read.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Here's why AceOfSpades is a bad lynch:

First off, consider the reasons behind pushing him. Farside and Rach have accused him of scumslipping by using neighborhoods in the plural. I pointed out why it is meaningless and Farside conceded the point. He's being accused for not having reasons for his reads. This is entirely non-alignment indicative. Vezok says he's scum caving under pressure. Actually his activity has been much the same throughout the game and I don't see him flailing, caving, or giving up. Nothing about his play changed with the wagon on him.

Second, consider the rise of the wagon. Mastin calls it "towndriven" and likes the buildup of it. While it may be towndriven, it still feels like a wagon on town. The buildup was fast with lots of naked votes and no convincing reason why he's scum. His actual posts and reads felt quite town. The dynamics of his wagon are bad. He accused AP. AP omgus'd him. Farside pushed the "neighborhoods" plural point. And the wagon developed. Vezok pushes the lynch arguing that people against the wagon are fueled by their own ego which is meaningless nonsense considering extensive evidence has been provided by me and others to push counterwagons while Vezok provided zero reasoning or evidence.

Third consider VysePresident who has been similarly inactive and prod-dodging but has yet to face much scrutiny. Not to mention his actual posts were pretty scummy as well. He sheeps House saying that me and Imperium were distancing. Asks us for reads on each other when it is abundantly obvious just by reading our posts and prod-dodges forever and ever. And he has been posting all over the site for days and days. Seriously, look at his online activity.

We have till Friday evening. Let's do this.

VOTE: VysePresident
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2020, farside22 wrote:I'll do my best solar but I'll place money now you'll agrue against my town points.
Won't happen till tomorrow.
I was hoping to get to it this morning but I was running late.

That's fine. I won't push Ceph but I also think Ace is town. You were convinced a while ago. Let's compromise on VP.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:14 am

Post by VysePresident »

Have my notes. Will post tonight.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:15 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Solar Win - Oh for pity's sake, that was me saying I hoped the argument wasn't sincere. I didn't have enough of a clue to have an actual opinion.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:18 am

Post by House »

In post 2025, T S O wrote:
He's probably town, but that's a quite weak read.

Somebody please tell me how that comes from town.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2029, VysePresident wrote:@Solar Win - Oh for pity's sake, that was me saying I hoped the argument wasn't sincere. I didn't have enough of a clue to have an actual opinion.

That's fine. I look forward to seeing your notes.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Are they
handwritten
notes?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Imperium »

shhhhh ceph...you'll let him know that handwritten means town.

...but only if a picture of them is taken!
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2019, Skybird wrote:After reading the posts from yesterday, I don't want to lynch either Cephrir or Mastin2 today. I want to add TSO and AP to my town list. These are both gut feelings after reading their ISO's.

VOTE: Beast

I would love to see explanations for all four these reads. AP/Mastin/Ceph are all in my scumpile and TSO is probably the weakest of my townreads. How did you come to this conclusion?

Also, vig should shoot from among AP/Mastin/Ceph.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 2032, Cephrir wrote:Are they
handwritten
notes?

heh.

I feel so honored to have been peripherally involved in the generation of this meme.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Solar Wind »

It's a meme? I thought it originated with Titus writing handwritten notes in ASOIAF.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Solar Wind »

oriole did it first in Death's Diner, and was correctly considered insanely town for it. I thought Titus did it in ASOIAF to see if she could get some sweet towncred too. But the way she went about it was nothing like oriole.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5182585

One of those handwritten reads was of my slot.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2034, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 2019, Skybird wrote:After reading the posts from yesterday, I don't want to lynch either Cephrir or Mastin2 today. I want to add TSO and AP to my town list. These are both gut feelings after reading their ISO's.

VOTE: Beast

I would love to see explanations for all four these reads. AP/Mastin/Ceph are all in my scumpile and TSO is probably the weakest of my townreads. How did you come to this conclusion?

Also, vig should shoot from among AP/Mastin/Ceph.

It looks to me like Mastin is crumbing (rather blantantly) that she has a powerful ability. People seem split over whether she is town or scum. On the off chance that she is town, I'd rather let her live another day and see what happens with the flip and night actions. My reason for not wanting to vote Ceph today is the same. (crumbing and people split on his alignment)

AP and TSO give me slight town vibes when I read their ISOs. As I mentioned in 2019, this is more a gut read than anything else.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:19 am

Post by VysePresident »

Actually, no. My time just got hijacked again. I could post my notes, but I won't be able to follow up on them, and I've already crossed the line multiple times. Sad, because I was already halfway done writing them down, too. :(

@Mod - Please replace me. Sorry for not putting this up earlier. I over committed myself, and kept thinking I could just jump into the game.

Sorry for my lack of play this game, and for not replacing out earlier. I hope I get a chance to play with you guys sometime in the future, when I have the time & ability.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Ceph is almost certainly town at this point.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2026, Solar Wind wrote:Here's why AceOfSpades is a bad lynch:

First off, consider the reasons behind pushing him. Farside and Rach have accused him of scumslipping by using neighborhoods in the plural. I pointed out why it is meaningless and Farside conceded the point. He's being accused for not having reasons for his reads. This is entirely non-alignment indicative. Vezok says he's scum caving under pressure. Actually his activity has been much the same throughout the game and I don't see him flailing, caving, or giving up. Nothing about his play changed with the wagon on him.

Second, consider the rise of the wagon. Mastin calls it "towndriven" and likes the buildup of it. While it may be towndriven, it still feels like a wagon on town. The buildup was fast with lots of naked votes and no convincing reason why he's scum. His actual posts and reads felt quite town. The dynamics of his wagon are bad. He accused AP. AP omgus'd him. Farside pushed the "neighborhoods" plural point. And the wagon developed. Vezok pushes the lynch arguing that people against the wagon are fueled by their own ego which is meaningless nonsense considering extensive evidence has been provided by me and others to push counterwagons while Vezok provided zero reasoning or evidence.

Third consider VysePresident who has been similarly inactive and prod-dodging but has yet to face much scrutiny. Not to mention his actual posts were pretty scummy as well. He sheeps House saying that me and Imperium were distancing. Asks us for reads on each other when it is abundantly obvious just by reading our posts and prod-dodges forever and ever. And he has been posting all over the site for days and days. Seriously, look at his online activity.

We have till Friday evening. Let's do this.

VOTE: VysePresident

I have not seen any progressive reads from the player in question.
I also see scum lurk it out in large far more then town when a wagon forms.
It's about 80% scum hoping the wagon will move. 20% it's town busy.
But for fact ace has not progressed reads in this game based on what is going on.
Could I point to others?
Yes
Do I have time to do so?
No.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Okay. I'll reread Ace closely and read through a couple of his other games to see if this is normal for him. In your opinion, if Ace is scum, who are his partners? Also, what are your other reads?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Imperium »

Who the hell writes notes and then replaces out without ever posting them?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2033, Imperium wrote:shhhhh ceph...you'll let him know that handwritten means town.
Fun fact, basically everything that I do theory-wise is handwritten first, and some game posts are handwritten first. (For instance, in Sabotage, after Ceph was hammered, that post I got in at the last second? Handwritten during work that day, because I was pondering the game while lifeguarding.) It's just that I then immediately type it up. And often, make edits to it, 'cause I am an obsessive compulsive editor if given the opportunity to be one. (Nothing big, really. I just add extra details that weren't needed, and sometimes rearrange the order of given info, all in the hope of better posting.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2034, Solar Wind wrote:Also, vig should shoot from among AP/Mastin/Ceph.
:facepalm:
Vigging the BULLETPROOF claim (okay, admittedly, no harm done--if AP's truthful, no damage done; if AP's lying, he dies, butstill), the person who SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT TARGETING THEM AS TOWN IS A BAD IDEA (vig included--I would not die, I'll tell you that right here and now), and someone who claims a powerful town role.

If someone claimed to vig one of us three, I'd frankly take it as a scumclaim, not a vigclaim.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I thought he'd have posted them as well but I'm just hoping the replacement is someone that's easy to read.

Mastin, what is it about the Ace wagon that you like?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1601, TiphaineDeath wrote:Hey guys, having problems irl, don't want it to spill over in to game, but don't REALLY have time to post right now. I've looked terrible this game and this move is not going to help. I think cephrir is scum UNVOTE: VOTE: cephrir I'll try to explain this when I get back, promise.

In post 1662, TiphaineDeath wrote:1579+1580=cephrir scum. He responds to my same post in two different, both derogatory ways. He planned and wanted to respond and make sure I got shut down and lumped in as scum with ace, he also forgot he had already done so, not town play. See, ace has been incredibly scummy, but he can't be scum as long is cephrir is unless we are in multiball, so cephrir is the lynch.

In post 1828, TiphaineDeath wrote:I do not like this interaction Sam-I-Am. Note to self, Stick-With-Your-Gut, and logic and everyone else be damned. VOTE: Solar Wind

In post 2040, TiphaineDeath wrote:Ceph is almost certainly town at this point.

Please explain the change on opinion re: Ceph and the vote on Solar.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2027, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 2020, farside22 wrote:I'll do my best solar but I'll place money now you'll agrue against my town points.
Won't happen till tomorrow.
I was hoping to get to it this morning but I was running late.

That's fine. I won't push Ceph but I also think Ace is town. You were convinced a while ago. Let's compromise on VP.

I'll think about this. That replacement was pretty awful.

In post 2043, Imperium wrote:Who the hell writes notes and then replaces out without ever posting them?

Very much agreed.

In post 2042, Solar Wind wrote:Okay. I'll reread Ace closely and read through a couple of his other games to see if this is normal for him. In your opinion, if Ace is scum, who are his partners? Also, what are your other reads?

Rach and td are also scum reads
Pere bugs me do to lack of town posting at all.
Didn't like vsye's replacing out.

Those are all I have in my head as scum reads and questionable reads. There is a few people I want to reread mostly because I can't remember every player in this game.
I'll be doing my best to get a list together tomorrow too but my priority is getting the town read on cephrir explained and scum reads all sorted first.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

V/LA is still in effect, but I'm aware of the deadline. If anyone posted anything in the last several pages (I read up to the end of page 70 for reference and I don't remember if I had any unanswered questions from the few before that), then quote it again and I'll get to it. Otherwise, I'll probably pick up again from this point just so I can be some measure of caught up at deadline.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”