Micro 441: Less Pressure

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Official Vote Count

++--
(2): Jingle, Huntress
Dry-fit
(2): Pine, TellTaleHeart
Huntress
(1): ++--
Pine
(1): Dry-fit
Jingle
(1): Xayzeck
Xayzeck
(1): xRECKONERx

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-02-07 13:00:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 144, TellTaleHeart wrote:Don't you roll your eyes at me, Mr. Sugarpants. >:\

What's your explanation for how ++-- is so popular while the Xayzeck wagon languishes?

I'm not entirely sure, although I don't really think Xayzeck is scum at the moment.

In post 145, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 143, Jingle wrote:Your reading comprehension also sucks, BTW. Check my iso and tell me what my read on huntress is.

I actually don't know. More scum than not, though.

I don't have one. She's done a couple of things to raise eyebrows, but I'm nowhere near sure on her. The "case" you keep referring to was in direct response to you asking me why I thought her behavior was worth noting, and was not intended to be convincing. If I wanted to fabricate a case, I'd fabricate a much better case.

In post 146, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 121, Jingle wrote:[But seriously, why are you so interested in putting him at L-1 if you're afraid of scum quickhammering. Do you think scum is gonna quickhammer other scum? Do you think it's against our interests to trade 1 for 1 with scum?

Scum might want to quickhammer because it gives town less information. ++-- isn't by any means a lock for the lynch today so scum might jump for the chance. I'm not interested in giving scum the choice of whether or not to go down the quickhammer route if they feel it's in their interest. I may be wrong about whether or not it's a valid play but it does seem to me to be a legitimate option.

As for whether or not I'm willing to lynch ++--, as I've said I think it should be up to the ICs to decide. If it were up to me he'd be my top choice.

I don't have any kind of handle on Xay at the moment. I don't think that's a good sign.

It gives town less information how? Because the wagon of someone who is scary enough to quickhammer has no information? And the scum being willing to sacrifice one of their own before figuring out where everyone's reads are? It's a shitty idea.

In post 147, TellTaleHeart wrote:I think it's likely that ++-- is a patsy. There is an awkwardness about him, but I think it's more likely a result of being new than a result of being scum. This is supported by his fairly recent join date and his unfamiliarity with how the game is played on this site (). Looking at his ISO, it doesn't look like he starts conforming to the flow of the game, either. That's wouldn't seem characteristic of a man who has access to a PT with people familiar with the site meta. It's also unsettling that four out of six non-ICs were scum reading him and were either voting or expressed willingness to vote him. Add in my town read on Pine and this wagon is poison. I won't support it.

I would support this, though.
VOTE: Dry-Fit

Maybe. I do find it suspicious that it a bunch of people who are scumreading me sheeped me onto this vote.

I can agree that I at least need to look deeper at +

In post 148, Dry-fit wrote:Well that's disappointing.

Well, you're not doing anything
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

Huh. I meant to

UNVOTE:
This is a Parachute.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:49 pm

Post by ++-- »

In post 129, Xayzeck wrote:VOTE: Jingle

I think the Huntress case sucks

I agree. Jingle's case on Huntress sucks so bis quite bad. In fact, bad enugh for my initial scumread on Huntress (based on the not-really-a-reasoning-disguised-as-a-reasoning appearance of Huntress's vote) to kinda disappear and go back to null-ish (where by null, I mean the average scumminess in this game, which is still quite high because of the proportions of scum, but not high enough for me to keep my vote on).

UNVOTE: Huntress
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by ++-- »

In post 151, Jingle wrote:
I don't have one. She's done a couple of things to raise eyebrows, but I'm nowhere near sure on her. The "case" you keep referring to was in direct response to you asking me why I thought her behavior was worth noting, and was not intended to be convincing. If I wanted to fabricate a case, I'd fabricate a much better case.

It still looked like if you were trying to make a case, though. I'm not entirely sure whether you've actually tried to make a case and failed and came up with this explanation or this is the truth. In fact, it kinda seems like the first one.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:24 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Aaaaaaaah! The two posts above me are awful. >:(
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:30 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 148, Dry-fit wrote:Well that's disappointing.

Probably not as disappointed as I am. I was under the impression you would be pushing cases on your suspects:
In post 22, Dry-fit wrote:Im still going to push my suspects and make cases but I think the final decision should be up to them.

I have yet to see anything resembling a ++-- case.

All the stuff about following the ICs is a bunch of lip service. The ++-- wagon wasn't endorsed by either of us, but you wanted it at L-1. Xayzeck, the wagon we're
both
voting, gets the same meh-meh-pooh-pooh treatment from you as everyone else.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:45 am

Post by ++-- »

In post 155, TellTaleHeart wrote:Aaaaaaaah! The two posts above me are awful. >:(

Actually, I have to agree with you... This is what happens if I post while multitasking between lots of different stuff - borderline incomprehensible sentences that end up making no sense, plus lots of typos. My bad, sorry.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Pine »

Why are people not voting Dry-Fit? Lip service to the ICs and opportunistic voting is scumtastic

(I love that I've used the word 'scumtastic' so much that when I misspell it, autocorrect is like "Did you mean 'scumtastic?'
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Huntress »

I'll catch up with this in the morning.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 158, Pine wrote:Why are people not voting Dry-Fit?

Because I'm not comfortable with the game state or where my reads are, and we've got a functionally infinite deadline so I'm in no hurry.

In post 159, Huntress wrote:I'll catch up with this in the morning.

I'll hold you to that. I'll also try to stir some shit up tomorrow. Hold me to that.
This is a Parachute.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:26 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I was looking forward to waking up to the miasma of Jingle's freshly-stirred shit. I await my aromatherapy.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 123, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 118, Huntress wrote:I'm guessing it's ++--, Jingle and Pine in the library with the candlestick. Pine is the least certain of those.

My guess is Jingle, Xayzeck, and Dry-Fit in the conservatory with a tuba.

I think I'm closer.

I'm fine with Jingle if we can't get the the votes for ++--, although after rereading again I think Pine may be better.

In post 146, Dry-fit wrote:As for whether or not I'm willing to lynch ++--, as I've said I think it should be up to the ICs to decide. If it were up to me he'd be my top choice.

He's at L-4 now (L-3 when you last posted) so your previous reason for not voting him doesn't hold any more.

@ Pine:
You seem to be the only one who hasn't got an opinion on ++--. How do you read him? In fact, you haven't said much about anyone except for Dry-fit and have mainly been reacting to IC posts rather than interacting with non-ICs. Where do you stand on Jingle and Xayzeck?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 120, Jingle wrote:Combine that with a lack of follow through on questioning Pine, and the picture she paints is not pretty.

I followed it up and . Please tell what else he did there that called for followup at that time?

In post 120, Jingle wrote:I find accusations with no basis in reality suspect, yes. If you're trying to build a read out of toothpicks, you're not gonna get a real read. You're gonna get a stack of toothpicks. Tell me again who is more concerned with making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out. Unless you're Titus. Are you Titus? Or, if there's a logical basis behind the questioning, please share it with me.

At that stage I had little more than toothpicks, so I have to use what's available. You'd be surprised what you can build with them. At the least it gives us something to look back on after we start getting flips. Tell me again who is more concerned with making it look like others are making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out?

In post 120, Jingle wrote:And as you can see from my post 104, I'd like to know why. What did Pine do that made him less wagon-worthy? What did Dry-Fit do that made him more wagon-worthy? What about Pine's response to 19 was so compelling? They why is very important Huntress. In fact, it's more important than the what.

Most of that is explained in . I didn't have a problem with Pine's response so I went ahead with the delayed vote change.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 140, TellTaleHeart wrote:More surprising to me is how there's no takers for the IC-blessed wagon. Instead, they opted to make their move on ++--.

I don't see what's wrong with that
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 142, Jingle wrote:I know xay and I'm pretty sure we can figure each other out eventually. I'll get back to you once I've got a read on him.

I think the "figure each other out eventually" only works one way, because I've never had a game where I managed to nail you perfectly so I can't confidently say I'll sort you out sooner or later
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 156, TellTaleHeart wrote:I have yet to see anything resembling a ++-- case.

Coming from someone who said the Huntress push was bad, why are you requesting for a case 6 pages into the game? You're not gonna get anything particularly useful with 6 pages of content.
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Reads are more or less the same since I last shared them.
GMT+8
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:28 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Part of me just wants to lynch Xay because he has a terrible attitude.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:04 am

Post by ++-- »

In post 168, TellTaleHeart wrote:Part of me just wants to lynch Xay because he has a terrible attitude.

While his attitude is indeed terrible, it doesn't really seem like a scummy terrible attitude. To me, at least.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Jingle »

Dry-Fit- Pine has a point. In addition, he's very self aware with regard to wagon positioning. And 47 sounds a lot like he's trying to defend himself if Xay flips town. I can support this lynch.

Huntress- I'm not a fan of her explanation on why she switched to dry fit, and I don't see an attempt from her to read much of anyone. Her only interaction with Pine (aside from her RVS wagonvote) is to call him scum for not interacting with anyone. I can support this lynch.

Xayzeck- I remember thinking gut town from our back and forth, but I just read his ISO and I'm not really a fan of the fact that he didn't really explain his reads to my satisfaction. Xay, talk to me about +. Talk to me about Pine. Talk to me about Dry-Fit. How have these reads evolved. What are you thinking. What about me? What do you think about me. I might be able to get behind this lynch. We'll see.

Pine- He reads as confident in his Dry-Fit push. This is probably my strongest townread.

++-- It kinda feels like he's trying to convince me to vote him. Normally, I'd feel like this is a "low hanging fruit" situation after TTH's comment, but with him having a 60% chance of being scum... Well. I could get behind this lynch.
This is a Parachute.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 156, TellTaleHeart wrote:Probably not as disappointed as I am. I was under the impression you would be pushing cases on your suspects:

You're right. I haven't done will this game. In part I think it's because I was a bit thrown off guard by Pine starting to look more town. But that's no excuse.

Here's what I see with ++--:

He starts the game without doing anything to get things going. He doesn't seem to be trying to figure anything out in the game. At least not actively. When I asked him about this he said there is nothing to interact with and he's bad at generating content. But then he says:

++-- wrote:
Accusations with no basis can, in fact, be pretty protown if used properly, if analysing the reacions to the accusations, etc. Also, without further reasoning, "more concerned with making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out" is one of the most general remarks you could possibly say.

So he sees the merit in doing things to spark interactions/get things going, but doesn't do so himself. Now it may well be the case that that isn't his playstyle and he isn't good at it, but it still strikes me as strange that he wasn't trying to.

Then he drops an awful vote on Huntress for "jumping on an easy bandwagon."

Although thinking about it now that vote almost seems so bad it has to be coming from town.

Pine wrote:Why are people not voting Dry-Fit? Lip service to the ICs and opportunistic voting is scumtastic

Piggy backing on Telltale now? I'd like to know how my current vote is opportunistic.

In a shameless appeal to convince you(all) of my towniness, let me ask you this: Does it feel to you like I'm coordinating with anyone in this game? Because I don't feel like I'm on the same wavelength as anyone. Maybe Huntress sort of but not really.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Xayzeck »

@mod: V/LA until the weekend

Sorry, I'll have to put this on the backburner for now
GMT+8
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Jingle »

DryFit, talk to me about Pine.
This is a Parachute.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

3 days, 16 hours left. Time flies.

It's seems that I have the reverse Midas-touch. Every wagon I join turns to shit.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”