SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I'm good with Mastin or Vyse lynches. Preferably Mastin. Going to discuss with Ffery to see where she wants our vote.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

@ Nacho, can you explain why you said that Mastin and AP aren't scum together? If not here, then in the neighborhood.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 1863, House wrote:
In post 1842, Solar Wind wrote:Sorry but I'm just not seeing Ace as scum and this is something Ffery and I agree on. We're not voting Ace. I'd love for people who have such a problem seeing Ceph as scum suggest alternatives. Mastin is a great choice as is AP and Vyse.

mastin is not a D1 lynch without an explicit scumclaim.

Not sure why you feel Mastin shouldn't be a D1 lynch. My review of Mastin's ISO feels like someone just cruising along not adding much to the game. I could go along with a Mastin lynch.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

^townposting.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Skybird »

I've also been reviewing Cephrir's ISO and I'm having trouble getting a good read there, so not sure I'd vote for him right now. I need to re-read him and some of the case against him tomorrow. Right now my brain is fried.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Vote: Ceph

I'll have more to say about this when I get home. I'm also willing to lynch TD (will say more about this too). AP's probably town; I don't want to lynch there today. Mastin feels like scum but like I said earlier, I'd rather wait on that.

@ooba - yes, I haven't forgot about TD; it's because I think he's scum. Yea, I've been inactive the past couple days - I have a very lively (read: busy) weekend and spent most of today catching up on school. I'm getting yo the game as best I can.

@anyone who is voting me or suspects me: You do not know me, at all. I recommend reading my games (I'm not gonna tell you my meta cause last time I did that people just ignored it). Notice that every single player who has played with me before is townreading me (Solar, Imperium, Ceph, farside, etc.). If that's not enough to make you think twice, consider -- F-16 was in the first game of mafia I ever played, has played 40+ games with me, understands how I think about the game, and has hydra'd with me a few times. He's also extremely good at meta analysis. So you'd be wise to defer to his read on me, especially given it's strength. I understand my playstyle apparently comes off as scummy in the current mafiascum meta, but this is just how I play. Anyway, I felt the need to point this out because I was just mislynched in my last game here and I don't want that that to happen again. But it's on you guys to do some research, inform yourselves on my meta, or if you're not gonna do that, then defer to players who know. Okay. That's all I'm saying in my defense the rest of the game because I really hate wasting my time on this shit; I'll probably be night-killed soonish so this shouldn't be a problem later.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

:/
Bartleby the Scrivener
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Lol Ceph.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

:/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1733, Imperium wrote:But instead it comes out as massive pre-planned agendas. You knew you would eventually town read him and every post you make screams with that knowledge.

This is actually what said in the neighborhood ages ago which Imperium was privy to. I pointed out that she didn't like started out scumreading AP and then came around to seeing AP as town and that it felt fabricated, like she thinks that's what she's supposed to do or that's what she feels is natural.

I also mentioned that I'm not seeing the revelations that Mastin is so I'm not sure where Mastin is getting that from and also that it wouldn't have worried me if Mastin townread AP from the start as opposed to scumread, then segue into a townread.

While my concerns about Imperium are largely miniscule at this point, I want to put this out there that Nacho's reasoning is a rephrase of something I've specifically told him in the neighborhood.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

EBWOP

In post 1733, Imperium wrote:But instead it comes out as massive pre-planned agendas. You knew you would eventually town read him and every post you make screams with that knowledge.

This is actually what I said in the neighborhood ages ago which Imperium was privy to. I pointed out that I didn't like that Mastin started out scumreading AP and then came around to seeing AP as town and that it felt fabricated, like Mastin thinks that's what she's supposed to do.

I also mentioned that I'm not seeing the revelations that Mastin is so I'm not sure where Mastin is getting that from and also that it wouldn't have worried me if Mastin townread AP from the start as opposed to scumread, then segue into a townread.

While my concerns about Imperium are largely miniscule at this point, I want to put this out there that Nacho's reasoning is a rephrase of something I've specifically told him in the neighborhood.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In other words, AP could be town with a scuMastin. Or could be in a different scumteam if multiball. Or just plain scum with Mastin. Not hugely concerned which it is as me and Nacho are both agreed Mastin should probably be lynched.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

@ FT, are you arguing that TD and Ceph are partnered together?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Ceph fucked up in two key ways. First, Ceph's "surprise" re: agreeing with me and subsequent townread. F-16 points this out but it needs elaboration and emphasis because it's Ceph's biggest scum-tell. This post will focus on that first scum-tell. The second issue is Ceph's response to F-16's case. I disagree with those saying it's towny; it's anything but. I'll post about that tomorrow morning (falling asleep right now but wanted to get to this tonight).

1. , specifically Ceph's surprise at agreeing with me, is fake. Ceph's only substantive experience with me was in Mafia on the Air. I was town; Ceph was scum. I spent the vast majority of D1 (I died N1) pushing a lynch on Ceph. If you're scum, and X scumreads you, you can't disagree with X; X is right and part of what makes you scum is the fact that you know X is right. So Ceph's "surprise" can't come from Mafia on the Air. The only other game I played with Ceph was Tales, and in that game, I didn't post enough for Ceph to disagree with me. So Ceph's "surprise" also can't come from Tales.

2. is also fake and manipulative:

Cephrir wrote:I thought you might turn out to be the kind of player I just tend to butt heads with all the time. But maybe I just needed to be town.

Note that Ceph has never had any reason to think we'd butt heads if we were both town. Ceph's only experience with me has been as scum. Also note the understated manipulation: "But maybe I just needed to be town."

3. Ceph's townread on me doesn't square with Ceph's "surprise." If Ceph's "surprise" were real, then he'd suspect me for not playing the way he's seen me play in the past. Deviations from the norm are scummy, not towny; that's the entire basis of any meta analysis. But instead of scumreading me, Ceph townreads me, not despite his "surprise," but precisely because of his "surprise." This suggests (a) Ceph's "surprise" is fake, and therefore (b) Ceph's townread was tactical rather than genuine. There's another point here, too: in Mafia on the Air, I quickly caught Ceph, and Ceph spent the majority of D1 there trying to push my lynch. So going forward, scum Ceph is preinclined to get me on his good side lest I push him again; that explains why he's buddying me so hard. Finally, note that his play here is a response to the failure of a former strategy: in Mafia on the Air, Ceph tried to push my lynch and failed. He'd doing the exact opposite here (buddying me hardcore) and based on his fake "surpise," it's much more likely to be a scum adaptation (something Ceph is known for) than Ceph's town play.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1887, Solar Wind wrote:@ FT, are you arguing that TD and Ceph are partnered together?

Yes, it makes the most sense. TD's bizarre attack on AP/Mantis, his vote for Ace, his weak push on Ceph over a stupid nitpikcy point, then the moment Ceph gets real pressure, switches his vote to you? Not to mention the other issues I have with TD. I'm very confident in both these reads.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I'm not lynching ceph day 1 when we have like 4 heavy lurkers.

Fuck your egos and lynch scum not inflate your self worth.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by Xombie »

In post 1748, RachMarie wrote:I may have missed someone else should be 24 reads or not yet reads on the list

My questions and I are invisible to you :(
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Xombie »

In post 1838, Solar Wind wrote:
I actually would like thoughts on VysePresident as well. He's probably the only "lurker" that I have serious concerns about and has been escaping scrutiny while other lurkers who I thought were more town have come under pressure.

I could lynch there but I don't think it would give us very much information.
I think ace is the better lynch for flip analysis
And I'll always have it in the back of my head that the neighborhood thing could have been a slip, because I could easily see scum lumping private topics as one.
I liked his explanation of generalization but the doubt will bother me.

In post 1842, Solar Wind wrote:Mastin is a great choice

:up: Worst person to lynch
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1890, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm not lynching ceph day 1 when we have like 4 heavy lurkers.

Since when did lynching lurkers equal lynching scum?
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by The Mask »

Um v/la please.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1890, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm not lynching ceph day 1 when we have like 4 heavy lurkers.

You'd rather lynch a lurker?
2023 W/L | 1-0
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Post by House »

In post 1869, Imperium wrote:
In post 1842, Solar Wind wrote:Sorry but I'm just not seeing Ace as scum and this is something Ffery and I agree on. We're not voting Ace. I'd love for people who have such a problem seeing Ceph as scum suggest alternatives. Mastin is a great choice as is AP and Vyse.

This is one of those mindsets that helps scum-Nacho live three times as long as he should.

How does my statement about mastin have any bearing whatsoever on nacho?

I never said Nacho was off the table. :roll:
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 1873, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1867, House wrote:
In post 1865, Solar Wind wrote:

Why?

The last (and only) time I personally helped get mastin lynched on day 1, he was the godfather and I was the cop. He'd have been cop-cleared on day 2 if we'd both survived that long.

You're misinformed.

I have no conviction. I'm notoriously spontaneous.

Carpe diem, and all that jazz.
Are we playing that game?

No?

Alrighty then.

We're playing a game with a Mastin who concerns me almost that much, though.

I can see you feel a lot of conviction about this. The conviction doesn't translate to me, based on what I can see in the game thread.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by House »

In post 1897, House wrote:
In post 1873, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1867, House wrote:
In post 1865, Solar Wind wrote:

Why?

The last (and only) time I personally helped get mastin lynched on day 1, he was the godfather and I was the cop. He'd have been cop-cleared on day 2 if we'd both survived that long.

Are we playing that game?

No?

Alrighty then.

We're playing a game with a Mastin who concerns me almost that much, though.

I can see you feel a lot of conviction about this. The conviction doesn't translate to me, based on what I can see in the game thread.

\You're misinformed.

I have no conviction. I'm notoriously spontaneous.

Carpe diem, and all that jazz.

(EBWOP)

beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by beastcharizard »