Micro 440: Triplicate Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 148, Zebulin wrote:The problem for me is that I'm
not
scumreading you or BBMolla, and it's very frustrating. Either we're the townbloc, which is unlikely and shouldn't be discussed at this point in the game, or one of you two is a master scumplayer,
which is terrible for town in general and means I'll probably die D1
(I'm not exactly the towniest-looking player in any of my games, and I was being hammered until 5 minutes ago). I'm trying to get Courage to post more, since it seems only Wisdom is posting real walls at all, but when scum is in a townread and a leaning-townread and I'm widely being scumread I'm not sure what I can say to not die.

At this point I'd say Hopkirk, Witness and Perpetual are the scum, but Witness is my only real scumread. Hopkirk is leaning-scum and Perpetual is leaning-town, but not as town as BBMolla. ( I'm starting to suspect BBMolla simply because my main townreads my last 2 games have been scum in lylo. :/ )

P-Edit: Keep in mind these are page 5 reads. There's not going to be that much behind them compared to page 20+ reads.

I was about ready to cement a Zebulin scum read, but then I clicked his profile and saw two of the four games in his history are newbie games. With so little experiance, I am slightly more willing to change my mind that the above post may not be obvious scum fence sitting and might actually be indecisive town. The bolded section irks me greatly. I hate the semi-threat it implies.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Power
Hopkirk (1)-
Lucky2u
Lucky2u (1)-
Hopkirk
goodmorning (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
goodmorning

Wisdom
serrapaladin (0)-

Witness Protection (1)-
Scripten
Scripten (1)-
Witness Protection

Not Voting (1)-
serrapaladin

Courage
Zebulin (1)-
BBMolla
Perpetual Nonsense (0)-

BBMolla (0)-

Not Voting (2)-
Zebulin, Perpetual Nonsense

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-02-09 20:00:00)
- Feb 9th 20:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:36 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 149, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 143, Hopkirk wrote:@Zeb: Having trouble getting into the game due to lack of anything really catching my interest and being as confident as a can that i'm voting scum.

Even if nothing is catching your interest, you could ask some questions. It's probably a lock that it will be between you and me in our block, so how about we turn our attentions to the other blocks and input there.

I'd like it if the two of you would do this, because I'm having a hard time reading you and I think it would help.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

anyone who hammers before me will feel my wrath
I'm down for this.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

VOTE: Zebulin
That was amusing. How can you not laugh at flailing?
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

BBMolla and Scripten have been prodded. They must respond in thread within 24 hours or be replaced.

Witness Protection has failed to pick up his prod and is being replaced
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Scripten »

I agree that we should be scumhunting throughout the game. I'm noticing that there's an amount of consensus on that fact. Serra's FoS-vote equivalence suggestion is a good one.

In post 133, serrapaladin wrote:I would propose we open the question of whom to lynch in each group to all of us, deciding by majority in each case if possible, runoff if not.

As is, we have the following issues with our voting system:

- members of the all-town group can't actually vote for scum today

- while randomly lynching in a 3p LyLo has a 1/3 town EV, in reality only takes 1 of the 2 town to vote wrongly for scum to win, giving a real EV somewhere closer to 1/4

- scum interactions will be much harder to gauge, since some people will not necessarily focus on all groups. leading on from that, mislynches in a group could easily be used D2 by out-of-group scum to push a mislynch of someone in the group.

I don't think us talking about all groups really compensates for the concrete opinions that should underpin voting.

Do you think we should all just list the other players in order of scumminess, separated by groups? I feel like this is what you're suggesting, but I'm not sure.

P-Edit: Oh, I was prodded. Didn't realize my activity was so bad. And WP is being replaced. Interesting. Going to unvote until I can get a read on the replacement.

UNVOTE: Witness Protection
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 154, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:VOTE: Zebulin
That was amusing. How can you not laugh at flailing?

IDONTWANNADIE

*cries in the corner as Perpetual Nonsense ties the noose*
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 147, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Reading Molla's ISO. There isn't much to decipher at the moment.

Yo you wanna talk about anything?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Like I'm pretty content to lynch Zebulin and WP and go from there, so I don't have much more to say
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

beastcharizard replaces Witness Protection. Please welcome him.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Hello all. I have read the whole game. I think Serra is scum. I think Lucky is also scum. Don't really scum read the other group.

Serra's post feel middle roadish or they are just confusing. I remember one post where I just thought: "What the fuck?" I will go find it and quote it to explain more.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 94, serrapaladin wrote:It seems he actually thought about whether you v WP is TvT or TvM, in the context of his model.

This post just seems like a way to town read someone for no reason.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 159, BBmolla wrote:Like I'm pretty content to lynch Zebulin and WP and go from there, so I don't have much more to say

Say more stuff! Figure out who you want to lynch in Power, for one thing. Not saying stuff is bad.

Hello beastcharizard!
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 150, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 148, Zebulin wrote:The problem for me is that I'm
not
scumreading you or BBMolla, and it's very frustrating. Either we're the townbloc, which is unlikely and shouldn't be discussed at this point in the game, or one of you two is a master scumplayer,
which is terrible for town in general and means I'll probably die D1
(I'm not exactly the towniest-looking player in any of my games, and I was being hammered until 5 minutes ago). I'm trying to get Courage to post more, since it seems only Wisdom is posting real walls at all, but when scum is in a townread and a leaning-townread and I'm widely being scumread I'm not sure what I can say to not die.

At this point I'd say Hopkirk, Witness and Perpetual are the scum, but Witness is my only real scumread. Hopkirk is leaning-scum and Perpetual is leaning-town, but not as town as BBMolla. ( I'm starting to suspect BBMolla simply because my main townreads my last 2 games have been scum in lylo. :/ )

P-Edit: Keep in mind these are page 5 reads. There's not going to be that much behind them compared to page 20+ reads.

I was about ready to cement a Zebulin scum read, but then I clicked his profile and saw two of the four games in his history are newbie games. With so little experiance, I am slightly more willing to change my mind that the above post may not be obvious scum fence sitting and might actually be indecisive town. The bolded section irks me greatly. I hate the semi-threat it implies.

What semi-threat? I wan't implying anything.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Serrapaladin has been prodded. They must respond in thread within 24 hours or be replaced.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

If I had to lynch in Power I'd lynch Hopkirk. GM is town, and Lucky's scumhunting seems pretty genuine.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 161, beastcharizard wrote:Hello all. I have read the whole game. I think Serra is scum. I think Lucky is also scum. Don't really scum read the other group.

wat

elaborate
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:20 am

Post by goodmorning »

^concur
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:32 am

Post by beastcharizard »

What exactly do you want me to elaborate on?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 156, Scripten wrote:Do you think we should all just list the other players in order of scumminess, separated by groups? I feel like this is what you're suggesting, but I'm not sure.

Preferably, we'd get majority consensus in all groups, but yes.

In post 136, goodmorning wrote:
...so PN providing his reads pinged you? Or is it just that they were close to current sentiment?

The latter.

In post 161, beastcharizard wrote:Hello all. I have read the whole game. I think Serra is scum. I think Lucky is also scum. Don't really scum read the other group.

Serra's post feel middle roadish or they are just confusing. I remember one post where I just thought: "What the fuck?" I will go find it and quote it to explain more.

In post 162, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 94, serrapaladin wrote:It seems he actually thought about whether you v WP is TvT or TvM, in the context of his model.

This post just seems like a way to town read someone for no reason.

Do you not understand my reason? Or do you think it's invalid?
Wandering but not lost
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 169, beastcharizard wrote:What exactly do you want me to elaborate on?

Reasons for said reads? Though i'm one to talk...

In post 166, BBmolla wrote:If I had to lynch in Power I'd lynch Hopkirk. GM is town, and Lucky's scumhunting seems pretty genuine.

What scumhunting has lucky done?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Going through lucky.
Lots of posts which don't say anything excluded.

In post 26, Lucky2u wrote:hmm... so far I want to vote both my group mates...

Didn't like this post. He wants to vote us both yet doesn't follow up with any attempt to decide which? It seems like he was just waiting until one of us looked worse than the other.

In post 99, Lucky2u wrote:Well this will be rather easy for me today. GM seems town enough that I can just

VOTE: hopkirk

It's not that I feel strongly about Hopkirk, We could be the town block sure but I agree that discussion of that doesn't really gain us anything.

Three problems i have with this post.
1.) Following on from the last post, it follows the scum motivation- just waiting to vote oppertunistly.
2.) Classic scum lylo crossvoting move.
3.) The last point is strange to raise. It seems like he wants to say what WP did but then, as he's worried about people voting WP for it, he makes a change to the end. Why raise it if he doesn't think it matters? I suppose it also accomplishes the goal of making it harder to argue against his vote on me- making it from lack of choice rather than specifics.

In post 120, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 118, Zebulin wrote:Power: Talk more

I am now, and good morning had been, so you must mean hopkirk.

I admit that my talking has been lacking but so had his. The redirect is interesting.

In post 130, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 127, Hopkirk wrote:So could you answer my question about why you didn't vote either of us if we were both suspicous?

Partially because the comment was an exasperated sarcastic comment and partially because I can't vote two people at once. While I didn't mean to be gone for two days, sitting back did reveal GM to be pretty dang town, so now I don't have to choose! :)

Quoting this purely to have his response here. No real comment except i don't buy it. Seems to reinforce what i was saying earlier too.

In post 149, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 143, Hopkirk wrote:@Zeb: Having trouble getting into the game due to lack of anything really catching my interest and being as confident as a can that i'm voting scum.

Even if nothing is catching your interest, you could ask some questions. It's probably a lock that it will be between you and me in our block, so how about we turn our attentions to the other blocks and input there.

This has some scummy motivation. If this block is between me and him why should we not pay attention to it? Seems like he wants to just get an easy lynch on an inactive while saying something (lets scumhunt more) that appeals to the town. Note he doesn't actually do much about finding other block scum despite saying we all should.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Last block i have no idea. Second block i'm leaning towards scripten but i need to read them again.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Scripten.

Several posts on meta that i'm not quoting due to length.
I don't particularly understand why he didn't mention WP's meta or, if meta of RVS doesn't tell him anything, why he bothers with RVS meta.

In post 77, Scripten wrote:
In post 75, serrapaladin wrote:
I think I'd probably rather lynch scripten between him and WP.

Fine.

Then fucking lynch me then lynch WP. You seriously think that bull was town-motivated?

@GM: Prove me wrong instead of being condescending, maybe?

Completely out-of-game, your dismissive, short-sighted tunneling seriously makes me not want to play mafia. Seriously.

Well this is firstly a bit on an ATE (the whole "lynch me i don't care) but the thing i'm more concerned with is why he only says this about WP. As i brought up in my last post, lucky basically does the same thing. Yet scripten has ignored lucky completely.

In post 156, Scripten wrote:I agree that we should be scumhunting throughout the game. I'm noticing that there's an amount of consensus on that fact. Serra's FoS-vote equivalence suggestion is a good one.

In post 133, serrapaladin wrote:I would propose we open the question of whom to lynch in each group to all of us, deciding by majority in each case if possible, runoff if not.

As is, we have the following issues with our voting system:

- members of the all-town group can't actually vote for scum today

- while randomly lynching in a 3p LyLo has a 1/3 town EV, in reality only takes 1 of the 2 town to vote wrongly for scum to win, giving a real EV somewhere closer to 1/4

- scum interactions will be much harder to gauge, since some people will not necessarily focus on all groups. leading on from that, mislynches in a group could easily be used D2 by out-of-group scum to push a mislynch of someone in the group.

I don't think us talking about all groups really compensates for the concrete opinions that should underpin voting.

Do you think we should all just list the other players in order of scumminess, separated by groups? I feel like this is what you're suggesting, but I'm not sure.

P-Edit: Oh, I was prodded. Didn't realize my activity was so bad. And WP is being replaced. Interesting. Going to unvote until I can get a read on the replacement.

UNVOTE: Witness Protection

Why did you unvote someone you have a cement scumread on?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”